PDA

View Full Version : Screw the official thread, this needs it's own..... ANGLE WANTS TO WRESTLE DANIELSON!

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 12:54 AM
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Source : http://www.insidepulse.com

TOP STORY: EXCLUSIVE DETAILS ON KURT ANGLE'S TNA CONTRACT

The Kurt Angle story continues to be the hottest story in pro wrestling of at least the past three years, so we're going to lead off with it for the fourth week in a row.

I have a source at a pretty high level of Total Nonstop Action, and I spoke with him Monday morning after the announcement the previous evening that Kurt Angle had signed a deal with the company. We covered many topics surrounding Angle and the short-term and long-term future of the company, and here's what I can tell you.

Angle's TNA contract is long-term, and the company wants to keep him far beyond his competitive wrestling years. I was specifically told that this is not a Sting deal, where they pay Angle a lot of money for one year of work. Angle is now the highest-paid guy on TNA's roster, but that was to be expected.

In return for having the former WWE star appear on TNA television early, the company is paying Angle a lump sum equivalent to nearly one-third of what his WWE non-compete clause would have paid him, which is roughly in the range of $150,000. This was not a dealbreaker in the least, but Angle felt he needed some monetary compensation for appearing early and voiding the rest of his contract. The speculated total of Angle's contract is roughly $650,000, which makes him the highest-paid guy on the TNA roster, which is acceptable because he instantly brings credibility to a company that desperately has been searching for a well-known star to help take them over the top.

Money was not the driving issue in negotiations. Angle legitimately feels slighted and insulted by Vince McMahon, whom he felt wrongfully discarded him after he dedicated so much of his life to performing at a high level for the company. He wants to help TNA defeat WWE in television ratings and to help them become a legitimate #1 pro wrestling brand. His TNA contract is exclusive when it comes to wrestling promotions (except for Ring of Honor, where Angle has stated he'd like to work a match with Bryan Danielson), but it is not exclusive for MMA. Angle still wants to do a UFC match in 2007, and it will likely be against Daniel Puder.

Kurt and his wife Karen were going through some rough spots in their marriage, but the marital difficulties came about because Angle was constantly on the road and Karen hated the small amount of time she actually got to spend with her husband. Now that he'll be working limited dates per month, he'll have a lot more time to spend at home. The belief is that with the limited number of dates he'll be working a month (probably 1 TV match and 1 big PPV match on a monthly basis), he'll be able to allow his body to heal much better than when he was wrestling six days per week, night in and night out.

The accepted story is that Angle was fired from his WWE job because he not only had severe drug and physical issues, but he also was breaking down mentally. This may not entirely be the truth, at least from Angle's perspective. My source also tells me that TNA will be releasing an interview with Angle where he will clarify a lot on what's been written about him, so we can expect that sometime in the next two weeks.

On his blog, Jim Ross stated that he's not sure how long Angle will stay in TNA, but thinks that the lighter schedule and lesser in-ring demands of TNA could be something that helps him out, as opposed to mixed martial arts or UFC. Ross wished Angle well in his new venture, which might be a proof positive that WWE is glad Angle is in TNA instead of getting his head bashed in against Daniel Puder or Brock Lesnar in UFC.

Destor
09-29-2006, 01:05 AM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9182/dizzy8kn.gif

Destor
09-29-2006, 01:06 AM
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/7528/thud5yx.gif

.44 Magdalene
09-29-2006, 01:08 AM
My! How absolutely delightful.

Skippord
09-29-2006, 01:09 AM
I find it rather odd that JR has a Blog

Lara Emily
09-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Angle vs Danielson in the first ever ROH Break-neck death match

.44 Magdalene
09-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Oh, come on...there's been like, four straight days of death jokes around here. You're going to have to come up with better material than that if you want to keep up.

Blitz
09-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Oh lord...

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 01:16 AM
I like what someone posted on the ROH board.

Angle Vs Danielson : Surgeon on a Pole match.

The winner gets the medical attention they desperately need.

Blitz
09-29-2006, 01:19 AM
I like what someone posted on the ROH board.

Angle Vs Danielson : Surgeon on a Pole match.

The winner gets the medical attention they desperately need.
*loser, since neither of them wants to stop.

Savio
09-29-2006, 01:57 AM
I'd like to see to matches in MMA with angle, Angle/Puder and Angle/Lesnar to bad they'd most likely be squash matches

Dave Youell
09-29-2006, 03:06 AM
I'm not a huge Dragon fan as he's like Benoit with even less charisma, but the guy can work a good match.

That match would probably be given 2 hours and go to a time limit draw anyways.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 03:19 AM
Dragon has charisma, it's just a really offbeat charisma....

He doesn't have great mic skills or anything, but in the ring, he's brillant. Ala his recent match with KENTA when he was going for a surfboard, but KENTA's leg slipped and the crowd started chanting "You fucked up." He then quickly turned the slip up into a different move, and replied "I don't EVER fuck up!"

I dunno...

Dave Youell
09-29-2006, 05:12 AM
Dragon has charisma, it's just a really offbeat charisma....

He doesn't have great mic skills or anything, but in the ring, he's brillant. Ala his recent match with KENTA when he was going for a surfboard, but KENTA's leg slipped and the crowd started chanting "You fucked up." He then quickly turned the slip up into a different move, and replied "I don't EVER fuck up!"

I dunno...
That's what I mean though, he's like 'Mr Wrestling' but there's nothing else to him

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Oh God, to see Kurt Angle walk out the curtain in ROH, and challenge Bryan Danielson for the ROH World Championship...the fact that Angle would probably job makes it all the more glorious. That DVD would sell like hotcakes.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Although his "Lose some weight Joe, lose some weight" and "You're going to get your fucking head kicked in" chants were golden.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Angle should do a Mick Foley, and constantly do non-wrestling appearances for ROH, and build to his feud with Bryan Danielson. That would be hot. :drool:

Colt Cabana and Kurt Angle cutting humourous promos together? *orgasm*

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 05:36 AM
*Imagines a Delirious/Angle promo*

:drool:

Mr. Monday Morning
09-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Kurt Angle vs Olympic Kikutaro

ron the dial
09-29-2006, 09:15 AM
This is fucking huge. As a fan of ROH, seeing Kurt Angle in the ring would blow my mind. And the fact that he has actually expressed interest in wrestling Danielson is just...awesome. I can't think of a better word right now. That's a dream match if I've ever heard of one.

Fignuts
09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Kurt Angle vs Olympic Kikutaro

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Corkscrewed
09-29-2006, 09:33 AM
As long as he doesn't overtax his body, all the more power to him. I just hope he knows what he's doing, as opposed to just going all out because he *thinks* that's what's best for him.

On the other hand, this is his life. If this is how he wants to live, if he's willing to accept a shorter life in return for LIVING, then I can't fault that either.

McLegend
09-29-2006, 03:14 PM
I find it rather odd that JR has a Blog
JR's Blog is great

Caged Heat18
09-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Angle/Danielson= Awesomeness. Angle in Ring of Honor is also gold.

Innovator
09-29-2006, 06:07 PM
I think I just filled the cup

purewrestlingfan
09-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Guys the wwe did some talent drift with the TNA company. They gave away Angle and got Nash,Ramon and maybe Waltman or even Road Dogg or maybe Billy Gunn

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Get the fuck out of my thread.

In fact, get the fuck out of my forum.

Impact!
09-30-2006, 05:13 AM
:lol:

Jaton
10-01-2006, 01:45 AM
That's right Kev. You tell him.

You need ban powers.

Nervous Ferret
10-01-2006, 01:46 AM
UH GEE A LITTLE LATE JAY-TON!!!!

Impact!
10-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Is it Jay-ton or Jat-on or Jat-un, that my friends is the real question.