PDA

View Full Version : I watched the new ECW for the first time...

El Fangel
09-30-2006, 02:14 AM
and I have to say at least I was somewhat entertained, the Holly and RVD match amazed me, props to Holly for fighting through, but jesus that match? I loved it I haven't seen a match I liked that much in a long time, also the sandman/show match seemed a bit bland but was ok. The catfight was good to intoduce a feud between Thorne, and Mahonay, so overall I liked it.

Jeritron
09-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Its okay but with only 1 hour and 1 title it leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully they'll start expanding soon and bring in the TV title, maybe the wwe's hardcore title too or something. Its getting old seeing the Big Show beat old ecw guys every week in the main event and the other 45 minutes being like "hardcore heat" with little storyline.

Though I'm not a big fan of Big Show I do like what they're doing with him though. Its good to see a champion that defends regularly and puts together a solid run, it legitimizes the belt.

Volare
09-30-2006, 04:51 AM
The only part is that you have a 500 pound wrestler needing Run-ins to help defend his title. I mean come on now lets get SOME kind of logic behind this (even though it's McMahon)

So, In the words of The Hurricane..."Whatsupwitdat!?"

Jeritron
09-30-2006, 04:59 AM
Thats a good point. And it seems like they spend more time involving him in fueds with Raw and Smackdown wrestlers, and having guest title challengers on ECW rather than build a storyline or fued with him and someone on the show. I understand that they're trying to get viewers but other than his fued with Sabu, (which was less of a fued and more of a few uneventful defenses) he hasnt had any good competitors.

Rammsteinmad
09-30-2006, 05:39 AM
I haven't seen ECW for a while, but I really wanna see this RVD / Hardcore Holly match. Anyone got a video of it? I saw the pics of Holly's injury... damn that must sting.

Champion of Europa
09-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I haven't seen ECW for a while, but I really wanna see this RVD / Hardcore Holly match. Anyone got a video of it? I saw the pics of Holly's injury... damn that must sting.

It's downloadable on The Hardcore Hangover at www.ecw.com

Mr. Aristocrat
09-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Personally I thought this weeks show was the weakest show thus far. Only two matches, the JR thing took way too much time and was totally pointless, the cat fight was kind of bland and then having Balls help out Francine made no sense other than the fact they are both ECW Originals. Whatever. I am a fan of ECW, in fact I personally think it's the best program on today, but nothing seemed to strike me this week, plus, did anyone else notice the pacing in both the matches was very slow?

(That Bob Holly cut was pretty fuckin nasty though)

El Fangel
09-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Wait this was the weakest thus far? Maybe I should watch it more often then.

Pepsi Man
09-30-2006, 01:13 PM
One thing I will say about WWECW is that the focus does seem to be more on having "matches" than on Raw or SmackDown!

El Fangel
09-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah that makes a show alot better IMO entertain us with fights not some stupid soap opera promo.

ron the dial
09-30-2006, 01:28 PM
ECW is the most promising show WWE has right now. They're showcasing new talent as legitimate competition better than on the other two brands. At the same time, the few veterans that are being pushed put on entertaining matches.

It took until they came back from commerical break for the Holly/RVD match to pick up, but after that it was a solid bout. I like the direction that they're headed with Punk and Knox (I didn't think that I'd be saying that). Kevin Thorne and Balls should have a decent feud. I just hope that there are no more Cat Fights.

El Fangel
09-30-2006, 01:32 PM
C'mon saying that they had a "solid" match is disrespectful, I would really like to see anyone her finish, let alone do what happened in the match after he got the gash. I mean for christs sake he put on a good match, despite having what I think to be a 7-8 inch long, half inch deep gash across his left back, that required 24 stitches.

ron the dial
09-30-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm not arguing with you. Solid is a good thing.

And don't use the "I'd like to see someone here do that!" argument. It's retarded.

Destor
09-30-2006, 02:40 PM
I was just a cut on his back. Not a big deal.

DominateR
09-30-2006, 02:50 PM
The thing that most amazed me about the Holly/RVD extreme rules match wasn't Bob Holly's 14 inch cut that required like 24 stitches according to Joey Styles & Tazz later in the broadcast, but rather How Holly managed to throw the chair in RVD's face as he was about to land the 5-Star Frog Splash...maybe he's got a little Sabu in him...

Craftsman
09-30-2006, 03:44 PM
You made Sabu sound like a disease you get. Hehe.

Extreme rules rules.

Hanso Amore
09-30-2006, 06:42 PM
I have always hated Holly. Hated him.

I still hate him and his white boots. I hate white boots.

But he is being booked very well in ECW. heyman may still have some stroke, cause it has to be him.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 04:45 AM
I like the new ECW. I think they need another hour. No new Championships. I like the way one guy can be called the "Champion" of their brand. Hell, I'd go as far as having The FBI moved to SmackDown!. That leaves Trinity kind of redundant, so move her to RAW. Make ECW revolve around the ECW World Championship.

Londoner
10-01-2006, 06:17 AM
I think there should always be a 'stepping stone' title to the heavyweight title, ALWAYS. Otherwise how else are you supposed to build up new stars of the future? The mid card guys(like cm punk) wont be able to get over fully yet because they aren't seen as a realistic threat to the Big Show. And it will look bad for someone of CM Punks reputation to not have a title in the near future.

2 titles would be better, no more are needed for ECW though. Tag titles could be interesting if every tag match was extreme rules I guess, but i don't trust WWE to book a tag division anymore.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 06:23 AM
ECW is my favorite show at the moment. They seem to be doing very well with booking their talent and fueds. They have a lot more wrestling (and some good matches so far) compared to the other shows. I just like the way it is being handled and it is very entertaining thus far. Once it gets a two hour timeslot, it will be the best show hands down.

hb2k
10-01-2006, 09:44 AM
I'll say this now - Don't give ECW another hour, don't give ECW another title. At least not yet, it's not ready, and the wrestling landscape does absolutely NOT need another 2 hour show, as the oversaturation of content would tank the ratings.

ron the dial
10-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I'll say this now - Don't give ECW another hour, don't give ECW another title. At least not yet, it's not ready, and the wrestling landscape does absolutely NOT need another 2 hour show, as the oversaturation of content would tank the ratings.
Fuck all of that noise. I say give me another hour and another belt. ECW can then use a lot more of the talent that they have under contract that isn't utilized. With the belt, guys like CM Punk and Kevin Thorne can seem more legitimate to a fan base that is only familiar with their ECW work (which, I suppose, is the only fair way to judge them in regard to competing for gold).

The Ravishing One
10-01-2006, 12:39 PM
ECW is my favorite show at the moment. They seem to be doing very well with booking their talent and fueds. They have a lot more wrestling (and some good matches so far) compared to the other shows. I just like the way it is being handled and it is very entertaining thus far. Once it gets a two hour timeslot, it will be the best show hands down.

:y:

hb2k
10-01-2006, 06:04 PM
They can barely fill a 2 hour houseshow, at least this way you want more when the TV show is over.

Craftsman
10-01-2006, 06:08 PM
You know, I agree with the statement about ECW being entertaining, perhaps even more than RAW and Smackdown. I'd say that we are getting better wrestling in ECW. There's also the fact that storylines gather more attention from me.

The two hour timeslot will do wonders for that show, I guarantee you that, fellow watchers. Let us hope that it will only be a matter of time before they get it.

Destor
10-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I dont want to see a two hour ECW until at least after the next ONS.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I think the next ECW exclusive PPV is going to be in December, I could be wrong about that however.

Destor
10-01-2006, 08:17 PM
It is.

Destor
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
December to Dismember or something to that effect.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Yup, I posted the thread about it.

Dorkchop
10-01-2006, 08:55 PM
I'd say give ECW another 30 minutes. it would allow them to have a few more matches, and allow their matches to be a lot longer. 2 hous would be way too much.

I find the new ECW to be good. Not great, but overall good. I miss the hardcore enviroment in every match though. They should have no rules all the time and just not have every match or wrestler take advantage of that.

Stickman
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm actually a fan of this ECW. They are not spending every waking minute trying to make or prolong a storyline. They just go out there and wrestle. It's nice to see for a change. Yeah there are storylines, they're just not as important. It's refreshing.

Fignuts
10-03-2006, 12:41 AM
The only problem is that without PPV's their fueds lack closure. The Dreamer/Sandman vs Knox/Test fued was booked brilliantly till the end. Then it just sorta fizzled out and now knox is fueding with punk, and sandman is fueding with stryker.

Destor
10-03-2006, 01:48 PM
The only problem is that without PPV's their fueds lack closure. The Dreamer/Sandman vs Knox/Test fued was booked brilliantly till the end. Then it just sorta fizzled out and now knox is fueding with punk, and sandman is fueding with stryker.They had a pay off match. And it was good.