PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Patriot fans compared Tom Brady's contract with Mannings contract?

RP
09-30-2006, 04:04 AM
And laughed nonstop, including the likes of Stima and VEL, who laughed about Peyton Manning taking up most of the cap room, compared to Tom Brady, who supposedly, according to you guys, left money on the table in return that the Patriots pay/keep his supporting cast around.

Well, what happend to that idea? Willie McGinest gone. Adam Vinatieri gone. Deion Branch gone. The key parts to your Superbowl championship team gone. Did the New England front office pretty much spit in the face of Tom Brady, or is he getting more money under table or something, what?

BCWWF
09-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Edgerin James

RP
09-30-2006, 04:16 AM
Dwight Frenney, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely, Corey Simon. Whats your point?

RP
09-30-2006, 04:17 AM
We all know Manning took as much money as he can get dumbass. My question is simple. Did Brady leave alot of money that he should have gotten, on the table, for nothing?

Why dont you read a top BCWWF, before you post some dumbass reply.

BCWWF
09-30-2006, 06:11 AM
I am not trying to be a dick, but you are obviously trying to prove some point about how the Colts are better than the Patriots, even though you disguise it by asking a question at the end. Teams in the NFL go through cycles, and the Patriots had a really long cycle of being good in which they won three Super Bowls. The Colts haven't even been to a Super Bowl and they just lost a much more significant free agent than the three you listed. The Patriots > the Colts in terms of front office and execution in the playoffs, and until the Colts prove otherwise, that is how it stands.

RP
09-30-2006, 08:26 AM
I am not trying to be a dick, but you are obviously trying to prove some point about how the Colts are better than the Patriots, even though you disguise it by asking a question at the end. Teams in the NFL go through cycles, and the Patriots had a really long cycle of being good in which they won three Super Bowls. The Colts haven't even been to a Super Bowl and they just lost a much more significant free agent than the three you listed. The Patriots > the Colts in terms of front office and execution in the playoffs, and until the Colts prove otherwise, that is how it stands.

You're obviously not smart. I asked a specific question in which you still havent answered. This isnt about who's better. This is about what happend to all this BS about Brady leaving money on the table for the players around him to be paid. Obviously that didnt happen.

Also i dont think the Colts losses in player personal even compare to the New England losses. Sure we lost James, but running backs are the most replacable position in the league. New England has lost 3 critical players to there Superbowl success and its starting to show.

The question BCWWF ( since you obviously dont read ) is... Seeing as though the Patriots are well under the cap, why arent they paying these players? Why did Tom Brady leave 30 million on the table?

dablackguy
09-30-2006, 01:10 PM
The simple fact is this. Given what he was worth Brady DID leave a ton of money on the table. Manning got what 101, 102 million? Brady took less to keep players around. Here's the problem, Branch wanted WAY more than he was worth, McGinest got a better offer and so did Vinitieri. What I think is that the NE front office got so full of itself with all the smoke people were blowing up their asses, how people we're saying that they knew how to run a franchise, etc. and they figured, hey we found all these guys, lets go find some more and its not usually that easy. They're suffering a bit and now is when we see if they really know what they're doing.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
09-30-2006, 11:40 PM
The Patriots are a lot under the salary cap right now. They choose not to resign those guys since they felt like offers they were getting from other teams where too much.

lol good try though, those guys leaving is Tom Brady's fault. You really make the most retarded posts sometimes. Like what are you even talking about?

btw How'd Purdue do today?

Crippla
10-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah, this is pretty stupid RP. The Patriots know how to manage their salary and won't over pay anyone. I mean look at Vinatieri. He is probably the most consistant and clutch Kicker in the NFL but he is a Kicker and no Kicker should get that kind of money. I think Brady still has a lot of his main supporting cast around anyway(i.e. Bruschi, Harrison, Graham). Peyton Manning is the best pure QB in the NFL stat wise etc. but I have to bring up the question once again, who would you rather have in an important/playoff game? Who is a clutch QB that always comes through? I think the Patriots have a good deal with Brady for what he is worth.

RP
10-01-2006, 01:41 AM
The Patriots are a lot under the salary cap right now. They choose not to resign those guys since they felt like offers they were getting from other teams where too much.

lol good try though, those guys leaving is Tom Brady's fault. You really make the most retarded posts sometimes. Like what are you even talking about?

Where did i say that it was Tom Brady's fault you stupid asshole?

Fuck you guys are so retarded. I think its a pretty valid question inspired by one of my favorite columnist's columns ( Bill Simmons). Gasp! A Patriot fan. How bout you fucking use your fucking eyes to read instead of judging my intentions all the time you stupid cunt faced assholes. Tom Brady is getting screwed! Thats my whole points. How you manage to get " Its Tom Brady's fault " from that 1st post is beyond amazing. Scientifically amazing, like retards that are really good in math, amazing. Open your fucking brain for godsakes. Your QB left tons of money on the table thinking his supporting cast will get taken care of and it hasnt happend. You havent signed any free agents worth mentioning and your team is suffering. Tom Brady should be fucking pissed and so should you. Dont fucking act like i'm trying to start shit here when i'm stating facts. And dont act like i'm calling Patriots players out cause i'm not. Act like you have a fucking clue for christs sakes. Stop being such ignorant moron Patriot fans. Fuck. Stima you're fucking retarded for real.

Nervous Ferret
10-01-2006, 01:43 AM
rofl fucking clew

BCWWF
10-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Stima answered your question. The Patriots didn't resign those players because they are not worth the money that other teams paid them. New England is still under the salary cap and Tom Bradys is still the quarterback, so they will probably be in a Super Bowl again sometime soon.

RP
10-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Yeah, this is pretty stupid RP. The Patriots know how to manage their salary and won't over pay anyone. I mean look at Vinatieri. He is probably the most consistant and clutch Kicker in the NFL but he is a Kicker and no Kicker should get that kind of money. I think Brady still has a lot of his main supporting cast around anyway(i.e. Bruschi, Harrison, Graham). Peyton Manning is the best pure QB in the NFL stat wise etc. but I have to bring up the question once again, who would you rather have in an important/playoff game? Who is a clutch QB that always comes through? I think the Patriots have a good deal with Brady for what he is worth.

This isnt about Brady vs Manning. Did you read my first post? If i compared either of them at all, it was the fact that Manning is payed alot more money. Thats it. Ofcourse you probably didnt read my post. Yah, but lets not pay Vinatieri, he's only the best kicker in the league and won two superbowl rings for you. Not like he's worth anything right?

See this is the true colors of a Patriot fan. I, as a Colts fan, take it on the chin here when i talk up my team and get dissapointed. It happens alot, but i still love my team. When anyone throws a little critiscm towards Patriots on this board. I become this evil asshole who is only out to start shit. I love it. None of you want to stand up for your QB and say he's getting fucked by his front office right now. I'm a fucking Colts fan and i'm the one thats saying something. Thats just pathetic. Continue to pretend like your teams shit dont stink and nothing bad is happening and Brady is perfectly happy. I expect that now from you stupid ass Patriot fans. None of you have the sack to step up and actually say something even remotely negative about your team. You know damn well Brady is getting fucked over. No one wants to say it cause all you did was preach about how Brady is such a great person for leaving money on the table for his teamates, and how Manning could learn from Brady and blah blah blah bullshit! Now 2 years later, Patriots havent payed no one. They sit on all that money under the cap. They'll struggle to make the playoffs and Brady is severly underpaid . Oh but lets not say that too loud cause Patriot fans might get offended. Whatever. You guys are seriously a joke. Keep telling yourself i'm just trying to start shit. Thats fine by me, but the fact is, i'm right. If i'm wrong, prove me wrong.

RP
10-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Stima answered your question. The Patriots didn't resign those players because they are not worth the money that other teams paid them. New England is still under the salary cap and Tom Bradys is still the quarterback, so they will probably be in a Super Bowl again sometime soon.

LOL have you seen New England? They have a tough time playing the best teams in the conference now. They had a tough time last year. Are you trying to tell me theres no decline from that team, stemming from free agency losses? Oh wait, they signed Junior Saeu. I surrender.

RP
10-01-2006, 01:56 AM
rofl fucking clew

fuck yu

BCWWF
10-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Like Stima said, Vinatieri is probably one of the most consistant and clutch kickers out there, but it's not like he is the only kicker in the NFL capable of making the kicks he did in the Super Bowls.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 02:22 AM
This isnt about Brady vs Manning. Did you read my first post? If i compared either of them at all, it was the fact that Manning is payed alot more money. Thats it. Ofcourse you probably didnt read my post. Yah, but lets not pay Vinatieri, he's only the best kicker in the league and won two superbowl rings for you. Not like he's worth anything right?

See this is the true colors of a Patriot fan. I, as a Colts fan, take it on the chin here when i talk up my team and get dissapointed. It happens alot, but i still love my team. When anyone throws a little critiscm towards Patriots on this board. I become this evil asshole who is only out to start shit. I love it. None of you want to stand up for your QB and say he's getting fucked by his front office right now. I'm a fucking Colts fan and i'm the one thats saying something. Thats just pathetic. Continue to pretend like your teams shit dont stink and nothing bad is happening and Brady is perfectly happy. I expect that now from you stupid ass Patriot fans. None of you have the sack to step up and actually say something even remotely negative about your team. You know damn well Brady is getting fucked over. No one wants to say it cause all you did was preach about how Brady is such a great person for leaving money on the table for his teamates, and how Manning could learn from Brady and blah blah blah bullshit! Now 2 years later, Patriots havent payed no one. They sit on all that money under the cap. They'll struggle to make the playoffs and Brady is severly underpaid . Oh but lets not say that too loud cause Patriot fans might get offended. Whatever. You guys are seriously a joke. Keep telling yourself i'm just trying to start shit. Thats fine by me, but the fact is, i'm right. If i'm wrong, prove me wrong.
My point wasn't about Brady vs. Manning. I read your first post and I was just saying that you may be right about Brady deserving more money but I won't go as far to say that he is unhappy. The one thing he didn't like was Branch leaving but he got over that and still wants to play for the team. I mean he doesn't bitch about the money or anything and I don't think he is unhappy. Vinatieri is the best kicker in the league and was a big part in winning the SuperBowls but no matter what you say no kicker deserves that kind of money just because they are a kicker and that is not reasonable pay for the job you have to do. And WTF are you talking about no one saying anything negative about the Pats, I believe I'm always the first one to point out the Patriots' weaknesses and mistakes. Brady is not getting "fucked over", he is willing to take lower pay for his team. You make it sound like he didn't agree to this. I do believe Brady is the one person who the Pats would give a huge contract to if he held out or asked for one but he doesn't bitch about it or mind it. Who the fuck said Manning could learn from Brady? Manning knew he could get a big contract and did. I don't blame him for taking as much money as he could. You just make it sound like this all a one sided thing so your argument isn't valid.

RP
10-01-2006, 02:57 AM
My point wasn't about Brady vs. Manning. I read your first post and I was just saying that you may be right about Brady deserving more money but I won't go as far to say that he is unhappy. The one thing he didn't like was Branch leaving but he got over that and still wants to play for the team. I mean he doesn't bitch about the money or anything and I don't think he is unhappy. Vinatieri is the best kicker in the league and was a big part in winning the SuperBowls but no matter what you say no kicker deserves that kind of money just because they are a kicker and that is not reasonable pay for the job you have to do. And WTF are you talking about no one saying anything negative about the Pats, I believe I'm always the first one to point out the Patriots' weaknesses and mistakes. Brady is not getting "fucked over", he is willing to take lower pay for his team. You make it sound like he didn't agree to this. I do believe Brady is the one person who the Pats would give a huge contract to if he held out or asked for one but he doesn't bitch about it or mind it. Who the fuck said Manning could learn from Brady? Manning knew he could get a big contract and did. I don't blame him for taking as much money as he could. You just make it sound like this all a one sided thing so your argument isn't valid.

before your times.

My point is, it seems Brady is getting shafted by his front office.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-01-2006, 06:48 AM
They could easily go out in free agency next year and pick up 2-3 outstanding players though...I doubt the front office is thinking less than 2 years down the line.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-01-2006, 11:01 AM
My bad about the Brady part, I misread the original thread. Your agrument here is still retarded, the only thing that I could possibly see bothering Brady is the Deion Branch thing - just because that leaves them with no real experience wideouts outside of Troy Brown. I personally think they should have over payed Branch a little bit and just kept him, so I do disagree with that move. Even though they got a first round pick for him, I really don't care about all that - I've so many 1st rounders not do shit in the NFL, I'd much rather have the sure then than a gamble. Other than that though, I'm not seeing it. The whole Vinateri thing, I think the Patriots felt like it was time to move on. Pretty sure the Patriots saw what was going to happen now (with him being injuried) and probably thought the trend was going to continune. I don't think it was as big of a money issue as people thought it was, since he would take up like 3% of the salary cap with his current big deal from Indy. Willie McGinest is past his prime at this point and was given a 3 year deal by Cleveland, why would the Patriots try to match that? Plus, the Patriots had Tully Banta-Cain coming up who thought they would got some good time out of (that whole Seau thing kinda ended that though :-\ )

You also forgot to mention how David Givens was let go (Or maybe you left him off the list because he was extremely overpaid?) so yeah the Patriots lost a lot of players but I don't really see how this is a spitting in the face of Brady. Patriots aren't going to over pay players, in the long run that is actually going to help them since they'll be able to afford younger guys instead of being stuck with the cap number off a 37 year old defensive end's contract.

Brady is getting shafted by the Patriots front office though, you're right. I definetly feel bad for that guy, he's in such a bad position right now.

BCWWF
10-01-2006, 02:29 PM
The Patriots let a lot of players go inbetween Super Bowl No. 1 and Super Bowl No. 3

Loose Cannon
10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
You really make the most retarded posts sometimes. Like what are you even talking about?

LOL

DrA
10-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Maybe it's because I come from a generation that was used rivalries like Dallas/San Francisco, but I can't stand this "neo-feud" between New England and Indianapolis. I hate it. And, unless they're playing in a game, I do not want to see another compare and contrast thread between these two teams EVER AGAIN.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Nah, the Colts fans started this "neo-fued" because they were always so pissed because they couldn't beat the Pats until last year.

dablackguy
10-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Nah, the Colts fans started this "neo-fued" because they were always so pissed because they couldn't beat the Pats until last year when it no longer mattered.

Kris P Lettus
10-02-2006, 01:31 PM
fuck yu

*fuck yew

MVP
10-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Despite the fact that key player from the Patriots's Super Bowl teams are gone, we still have a lot of key players from those teams as well (Harrison, Seymour, Bruschi, Dillon, etc.). Also the Colts may still have their key players. But they didn't win any Super Bowls with them did they?

BCWWF
10-03-2006, 12:45 AM
THE PATRIOTS ARE AWFUL BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE SALARY CAP.

The Outlaw
10-03-2006, 07:18 PM

But, once again, you have to have good players to get to that big important playoff game, which I believe is what RP is trying to say.

Also, Vinatieri won a few of those games for you. Replace him with Vandershank, and you probably wouldn't have those rings.

Nah, the Colts fans started this "neo-fued" because they were always so pissed because they couldn't beat the Pats until last year.

Nah. Or at least I'm not that angry...

Crippla
10-04-2006, 08:59 PM
THE PATRIOTS ARE AWFUL BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE SALARY CAP.
Yet, they are still better than most teams that are well over the cap.

Crippla
10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
But, once again, you have to have good players to get to that big important playoff game, which I believe is what RP is trying to say.

Also, Vinatieri won a few of those games for you. Replace him with Vandershank, and you probably wouldn't have those rings.

Nah. Or at least I'm not that angry...
Yes, I think we still have enough to get by to make it that far, we would have beat Denver last year if it weren't for the shitty refs. Vinatieri may have won 2 of them but who got us in that position? Even if he missed it, we still would of had a shot at winning and it's still not worth the money for a kicker.

BCWWF
10-04-2006, 10:04 PM
I agree. Unless my memory escapes me, there was nothing extremely special about those kicks than the fact that they were at the end of the game. I would think that most kickers in the league would have made those kicks had they had the opportunity.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Long story short; the Patriots lost a couple of overpaid wideouts, Wille McGinest is pretty old for a defensive lineman, Vinateri was let go because they felt he was past his prime (pretty sure he didn't even kick all this past week) you can make up all the reasonings about money or how the Patriots are cheap or stupid but I don't know. Last time I checked they are on track to win another AFC East title. Also pretty sure the same 'experts' shitting on the Patriots moves are the same 'experts' who picked Miami to be a Superbowl contender

Probably biased here since I am Patriots fan, but I am gonna keep going along with what the front office is doing until they show me a reason to fell otherwise. Redskins win the offseason every year, but whens the last time they won a lot of games?

road doggy dogg
10-05-2006, 12:41 PM
I agree. Unless my memory escapes me, there was nothing extremely special about those kicks than the fact that they were at the end of the game. I would think that most kickers in the league would have made those kicks had they had the opportunity.

It's fun to play "what if", but at the end of the day he DID make those kicks, yeah kicker isn't even the most important job on a team at all but so long as you do your job and don't choke you're good in my books

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Vinateri made easily the greatest kick in NFL Playoff history in the "Snow Bowl" againest the Raiders, I'm not saying anything bad about him in here. He was a huge part of the team, but sometimes you gotta move on.

Crippla
10-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Vinateri made easily the greatest kick in NFL Playoff history in the "Snow Bowl" againest the Raiders, I'm not saying anything bad about him in here. He was a huge part of the team, but sometimes you gotta move on.
Exactly my point. And to respond to the comments made by BCWWF, a lot of other kickers would not have made it in that kind of pressure situation especially the snow game against the Raiders like Stima said. Take Vanderjackoff for example, he had the highest percentage in the NFL but when it comes to big games that count he chokes.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Nah you don't choke in sports, you just miss kicks randomly and it randomly happens at the end of every game.

Crippla
10-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah but Vanderjagt seemed to miss randomly in playoff games after not missing a kick all season. I just used that as an example and I'm still convinced Vinatieri is the best kicker in the NFL.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-06-2006, 07:22 PM
haha I was just fucking around

Crippla
10-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, didn't realize the sarcasm until after I posted but Vanderjackoff is still the perfect example of choking.

The Outlaw
10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Clutch? What's that?