PDA

View Full Version : Sabu's scars

ron the dial
10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Sabu is pretty well covered in scars, but I haven't seen many matches in which these injuries have been inflicted. Specifically, the nasty gash that he has going across his stomach. Does anyone know which matches some of his bigger scars are from?

Mr. JL
10-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Most of his bigger scars (the stomach one) happened in Japan in barbed wire matches and death matches. I don't know what Japanese promotion he wrestled for or who he wrestled, but I know a lot of the matches included barbed wire. I think some of the matches were only small house shows with no one filming any of it.

The most infamous one on his bicep/arm is from his barbed wire match in ECW against Terry Funk. However, alot of the smaller ones are just from years of going threw tables, doing moonsaults into steel guard rails, plachas into the crowd, landing on chairs-ladders and God only knows what else.

ron the dial
10-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah, the larger scars that he received in ECW I know about, but I know that he used to do a lot of wrestling abroad and haven't seen much of it. Didn't he wrestle in FMW for a while?

Destor
10-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Yes he did WX. As well as JAPW.

Jordan
10-09-2006, 01:14 PM
You can get Sabu's FMW work off of any tape trader with FMW shows. He wrestled Haybusa, Mr. Pogo (a guy who stabs people as one of his moves with a sickle), and a bunch of other death match legends. Most of his opponents couldnt do anything so his matches sucked, but Haybusa and Sabu had great matches.