PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown *Spoiler*

Jeritron
10-16-2006, 02:17 AM
Well Chavo beat Rey Mysterio in the Loser Leaves Smackdown match. So does this mean Rey to Raw? If so what are they thinking? Rey to ECW? "I'm getting all veclempt (in Coffee Talk voice). I gave you a topic. Talk amongst yourselves."

St. Jimmy
10-16-2006, 02:21 AM
Watch him be on RAW. That'll be a guarenteed 2 pages of "How much Mysterio sucks rant" every week.

Londoner
10-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Rey is having surgery on his injury I think so he might not be back for a while.

Kane Knight
10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Hopefully he's on Raw. I want to see him job to OOOOOOMAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Jordan
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
He should go to ECW.

Caged Heat18
10-16-2006, 12:53 PM
He'll go back to Smackdown. He'll be gone until about Wrestlemania, and by then the writers will forget that they booked him in a Loser Leaves Smackdown match, and the fans will be expected to forget by then too.

Jordan
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Well WE may not be stupid, but I'd say most WWE fans will forget lol.

Better Than You
10-16-2006, 03:19 PM
I think this is just the first step to getting ECW some "star" power.

St. Jimmy
10-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Sure, send him to ECW. He'll be the one to beat Punk. Then you'll learn not to blow your wads prematurely.

Better Than You
10-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Who cares if Punk looses?

St. Jimmy
10-16-2006, 05:18 PM
As long as he loses to someone credable, no one.

Better Than You
10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Former world champ (and incredibly over) Rey Mysterio is very credible.

Kane Knight
10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Former world champ (and incredibly over) Rey Mysterio is very credible.

Yeah, the guy who's booked as a fluke champion...Really credible.

St. Jimmy
10-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, the guy who's booked as a fluke champion...Really credible.

IT'S LIKE YOU CAN READ MY MIND... or you know, only you and I can percieve the obvious.

Better Than You
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
People buy Rey Mysterio. They didn't question when he beat Nash and the Big Show in WCW at the slightest. And outsie of the internet they didn't question his championship run. They ate it up. If your go to a live SD! event and you get into the shopzone line you are going to notcie something REAL fast, Rey Mysterio sells. The kids (probably the most influencial demographic of the WWE audience) absolutly love him and if he were to give the rub Punk's way it wouldn't hurt him one bit. Outside of RVD there is no one who could get Punk over to the level Mysterio could on the ECW roster. Maybe the Big Show but I doubt it. In a year, or however long it will take for his return, people will forget the circumstances of his title run and only rember the fact that he is a former World Champ, not how he was booked.

Mysterio is a great canidate for putting over a relative unknown. Rey cred >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Punks.

Azriel
10-16-2006, 07:01 PM
i think I heard Rey will be out till Mania or afters.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Mysterio put Punk over, could be some good matches. :yes:

Jeritron
10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
He wasnt booked as a fluke champion, he was booked as an underdog champion. He won the title cleanly, he defended it numerous times and he was and is extremely over as a crowd favorite and a main event/upper mid card draw. To say his title reign was booked as a fluke would be no more true than saying Shawn Michaels was in 96.

Fignuts
10-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah, he's always been booked as a guy who can pin anyone from out of nowhere. Not through luck, but through skill. I don't think his title run was very credible, but as a main-eventer, yes, hes very credible.

Kane Knight
10-16-2006, 08:05 PM
IT'S LIKE YOU CAN READ MY MIND... or you know, only you and I can percieve the obvious.

I think there are 3 or 4 more of us out there somewhere, Jimmy. :shifty:

But yeah, they built him up as the biggest fluke. And he's so over people chant for a DEAD MAN over him. And not Undertaker dead, either.

I know the wrestling forum isn't exatly the best palce for politics, but remember when Ashcroft lost to a dead man, and everyone joked about it? Rey loses to a dead man every fucking night he laces his boots.

Fignuts
10-16-2006, 08:11 PM
What you are saying is correct in regards to his title run, but he was still one of the most over wrestlers in the company well before Eddie died.

Jeritron
10-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Thats kind of ridiculous, sure he loses to a deadman but so doesnt the other 99.9% of the smackdown roster if hes mentioned. Rey is certainly over, moreso than most of the smackdown roster, and most of Raw too. His run would have been way more credible if they allowed it to go until Summerslam but oh well, a "fluke" champion is more credible than a non-champion. Even if he doesnt hold the title again hes still a solid main event/mid card draw

Corkscrewed
10-17-2006, 06:48 AM
It's an injury angle, guys...

But yeah, he'll prolly show up on RAW when he comes back.