PDA

View Full Version : Could Lita and Edge ever be proper babyfaces in the future?

The Naitch
10-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Discuss

Disturbed316
10-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Maybe, but it would have to be something huge to make it happen. Like, Godzilla huge.

RP
10-17-2006, 06:42 PM
No. One of them would have to be heel. Thats how its always worked. Usually the female manager/love intrest, turning on the male wrestler and making fans root for him while she goes and sleeps with someone else. Its a classic face turn for the wrestler, at the exspence of the female manager.

Thats the only way that happens.

Jaton
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
But in this situation, I doubt people would feel sorry for Edge.

I think a solid way to get Edge over would be for him to randomly join up with Triple H after HBK turns on him.

Kane Knight
10-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes.

Except in Montreal, as I predict "You screwed Matt" will replace "You Screwed Bret" in 2 years when Bret Hart tells Canadia to "piss off."

El Fangel
10-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Edge is a heel?

Kane Knight
10-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Edge is a heel?

He's a carp, carps are as natural heels as the french.

El Fangel
10-17-2006, 11:04 PM
He's a carp, carps are as natural heels as the french.

I have to disagree, because if he's a carp , who are as good heels as the french, and french as in La Resistance, which in fact was a good french heel team. means that the french are good heels, thus carp are good heels, thus Edge is a good heel, which is untrue.

Kane Knight
10-17-2006, 11:19 PM
I have to disagree, because if he's a carp , who are as good heels as the french, and french as in La Resistance, which in fact was a good french heel team. means that the french are good heels, thus carp are good heels, thus Edge is a good heel, which is untrue.

Wow. I stand corrected. I was going to give you rep, but by the same distributive property, I can't.

El Fangel
10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
No Problem, also it took awhile to think out how to say that. :lol:

Pepsi Man
10-17-2006, 11:50 PM
No. One of them would have to be heel. Thats how its always worked. Usually the female manager/love intrest, turning on the male wrestler and making fans root for him while she goes and sleeps with someone else. Its a classic face turn for the wrestler, at the exspence of the female manager.

Thats the only way that happens.
Goldust & Marlena

Stickman
10-18-2006, 02:22 PM
yes. Anybody in wrestling can be heel or face.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-18-2006, 02:39 PM
You just have to put them against someone the fans will hate more... During that time, have him play up the face card, and stick with it afterwords.

Afterlife
10-18-2006, 02:47 PM
All they'd have to do is send Edge out for about 6 months and have a current heel try to take advantage of Lita's "reputation" while he's gone. She tries to tell someone, but everyone knows she's a liying sloot, so nobody believes it.

Then have a face chick witness a 2nd approach by said heel; Face Chick takes up Lita's side, getting the face/buddy thing going, and a Face Guy decides the tales are true and goes after the Heel to teach him some manners, or some such malarky.

Have the Heel continually beat the Face, even knocking Lita around when he gets a free moment. Play her up to be defenseless and make the Heel into a woman beating fuckrod that the current Johnny Hero can't quite douse.

Then, after said hiatus, have Edge return to 'protect his woman' and go over the Heel like nobody's business. Edge looks like a hero, Lita has been saved, blah, blah, blah, Live Sex Celebration.

TerranRich
10-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Afterlife, you and Alienoid could start your own goddamn wrestling organization. And it would blow our minds. I like the idea of Lita being the girl who cried wolf and garnering sympathy from a peer. :y:

Kane Knight
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM
AL's actually makes sense, is concise, and works without totally reinventing the wheel.

TerranRich
10-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Hence why WWE will never, ever do it that way, if at all.

Pepsi Man
10-19-2006, 12:09 AM
AL's actually makes sense, is concise, and works without totally reinventing the wheel.
And it makes no mention of Doug Basham or a random indy fed changing the wrestling world, just by getting a deal with a limited access cable channel.

Afterlife
10-19-2006, 05:20 AM
To be honest, I kinda felt a bit like the 'Oid whilst writing that out. I appreciate the kudos, gentlemen. :)

Afterlife
10-19-2006, 05:21 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TerranRich again.

I try to rep everyone that uses my name, but I'll have to work up to it. ;)

TerranRich
10-19-2006, 10:26 AM
You guys keep bashing Alienoid for that. How many times did he mention Doug Basham? Did he repeat it over and over again? Or did he use Doug as an example of talent that is misused/underused and has potential?

Kane Knight
10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
And it makes no mention of Doug Basham or a random indy fed changing the wrestling world, just by getting a deal with a limited access cable channel.

That's more or less what I meant by reinventing the wheel.

A6 makes all these unreasonable and unfeasable jumps which make huge assumptions about reinventing tbe business.

Pepsi Man
10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
You guys keep bashing Alienoid for that. How many times did he mention Doug Basham? Did he repeat it over and over again? Or did he use Doug as an example of talent that is misused/underused and has potential?
He does crap like that all the time lately, though.

KingofOldSchool
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
All they'd have to do is send Edge out for about 6 months and have a current heel try to take advantage of Lita's "reputation" while he's gone. She tries to tell someone, but everyone knows she's a liying sloot, so nobody believes it.

Then have a face chick witness a 2nd approach by said heel; Face Chick takes up Lita's side, getting the face/buddy thing going, and a Face Guy decides the tales are true and goes after the Heel to teach him some manners, or some such malarky.

Have the Heel continually beat the Face, even knocking Lita around when he gets a free moment. Play her up to be defenseless and make the Heel into a woman beating fuckrod that the current Johnny Hero can't quite douse.

Then, after said hiatus, have Edge return to 'protect his woman' and go over the Heel like nobody's business. Edge looks like a hero, Lita has been saved, blah, blah, blah, Live Sex Celebration.

That would be a good spot for a Cena heel turn.

Afterlife
10-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Actually, none of my genius has room for Cena.

TerranRich
10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Sig'd :lol:

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2006, 05:20 AM
Edge could easily turn face. He's got the charisma to, and you just have him snap and Spear a random heel (or even Lita) in smarkville, and they will eat it up. Then Edge just starts cutting funny promos again, and people love him. Simple.

Lita could turn face, but I think it would be harder, just because she's not the young wild thing she used to be. The best way to do it would be to break her up with Edge, and then have a new cocky female come in and claim she's all that, only for Lita to break her into the business. Basically like Finlay is now (senior enough to fight anyone at anytime), only she plays the face in her matches rather than the heel.

Together, it would kind of be hard, but I think it could be done with skill. Afterlife had a great way of doing it, I'll give it another shot to see if there is more than one way.

I'd have a new guy come in (or a member of newly broken-up Spirit Squad) start banging Mickie James. Maybe Ken Doane, just to play on their real-life thing? It could be anyone, and you don't need to have them hook-up with Mickie, it just explains how they can get them in the same scene with Lita (just so KK doesn't claim I'm "reinventing the wheel"). To be honest, The Miz would be perfect. Someone people find annoying, someone they hate, and someone who can play obnoxious well. Anyway, this guy constantly makes Lita jokes, and when he runs into her, she basically uses her to get cheap pops, etc. The fans may or may not catch on to the game. They may realise this guy is not so much an "anti-slut" babyface, as he is a "misogynist prick" heel.

I liked the way they had Lita snap back at John Cena a few weeks ago. Lita can work pretty well, she's not the greatest woman of all-time, but she's competent. Have her start lashing out at this guy who makes fun of her, and talking about how she may have gotten around, but she did it because she respected the boys in the back that treated her like an equal, she loved her body and what she could do with it, and this guy will never get so much from her. Basically just have her go full-feminist/pro-choice on this arrogant guy's ass. He says he doesn't have to take that from her, and shoves her down, and he can yell something like "How's that for equal?". Edge comes in, doesn't go good guy straight away, but obviously takes offence that some guy is hurting his bitch.

Edge can turn babyface with his "ARGH! I'm Edge! Pleased to me you! ARGH!" shtick, so when he goes extra-entertaining, it will be even more awesome. Just have him attack this misogynist guy from behind, and Spear the shit out of him. Maybe have him whip out the old con-chair-to. Just have JR say "Well, I don't agree with all of Edge's actions as of late, but I am happy to see someone put this youngster in his place".

I definately think the best way to turn them face, especially where Lita is concerned, is with the aid of a new face, playing up Edge and Lita's familiarity with the crowd, and their experience in the business.