PDA

View Full Version : TNA Impact fucking ruled tonight.

D Mac
10-20-2006, 02:17 AM
The Angle/Joe confrontation was fucking great. The crowd was so fucking hyped it made me mark the fuck out. Plus they showed a Fozzy video to promote Bound for Glory. Could Jericho to TNA be a possibillity?

Fignuts
10-20-2006, 02:18 AM
How was angle's entrance?

D Mac
10-20-2006, 02:20 AM
He rose up from a platform covered in the American flag. Then stood there staring at the ring and had a mouthpiece with IMPACT on it. The crowd went fucking apeshit.

St. Jimmy
10-20-2006, 02:23 AM
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGG, and accoring to an interview on TNA's site, Jericho denied having anything to do with actual Wrestling.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Whats his music like?

D Mac
10-20-2006, 02:26 AM
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGG,

explain

Lock Jaw
10-20-2006, 02:27 AM
His music isn't so bad. It's some big dramatic heroic stuff.

Also, I didn't think today's edition of Impact was too great. Except for Angle/Joe. But even that wasn't so special. I would have had Angle speak instead of just attacking him.

And Jake Roberts showed up during the show... and he looked absolutley crazy and senile.

Lock Jaw
10-20-2006, 02:30 AM
TNA put the Joe/Angle segment on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnpp2VFO-VA&eurl=

St. Jimmy
10-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Explain? A Broken Angle and the most over-rated wrestler in America on the same screen? Boring.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Makes absolutely no sense to have him come out and just not speak. Whats his motivation? Hes debuting with a company why not cut a promo and have a fued stem from that. I think they're just too excited for Joe/Angle.
I also will never like or adjust to new music for Angle. I'm not faulting them, its just how I am

Lock Jaw
10-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Explain? A Broken Angle and the most over-rated wrestler in America on the same screen? Boring.

Angle actually looks pretty good there. Not some big hulking orangautan-like creature.

Fignuts
10-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Thats awesome.

Blitz
10-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Working at the TNA fanfest and possibly PPV this weekend. If I get to meet Angle, that would be the coolest thing ever.

HaTeR
10-20-2006, 02:37 AM
I hate that entrance.

Blitz
10-20-2006, 02:39 AM
Go figure, Hater loves something :-\

D Mac
10-20-2006, 02:43 AM
Working at the TNA fanfest and possibly PPV this weekend. If I get to meet Angle, that would be the coolest thing ever.

YOU LUCKY $##!@!@$@@!!

D Mac
10-20-2006, 02:43 AM
Makes absolutely no sense to have him come out and just not speak. Whats his motivation? Hes debuting with a company why not cut a promo and have a fued stem from that. I think they're just too excited for Joe/Angle.
I also will never like or adjust to new music for Angle. I'm not faulting them, its just how I am

Talk is cheap

El Fangel
10-20-2006, 02:45 AM
get pics mudda trucker.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 02:46 AM
But why have him come out and jump the gun with Joe, and also not say a word. "Hey I'm here I'm coming out to stare you down for no reason." I mean its a good fued but why execute it this way, theres no basis.
Wouldnt it have made more sense to have Sting and Jarret having a war of words and then have this happen?
And then have Joe come out during the main event and get involved with Angle to start the fued.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 02:48 AM
Actually, Angle attacking Joe and taking the title belt from him makes plenty of sense. Angle is TNA management's latest favorite son, and TNA management ordered the return of the NWA World Heavyweight Title belt. Joe refused to give that belt up, so Angle went out there and took it. At first, I thought it was kind of lame for Angle to just show up and take the belt out of nowhere, but then I thought about it and accepted it. Overall, the show wasn't all that good, but I've seen worse.

D Mac
10-20-2006, 02:50 AM
Yeah Jake the Snake looked like there was something wrong with him.

Destor
10-20-2006, 02:55 AM
The Angle/Joe segment was hot. Other than that it was a very weak addition of iMPACT!

Destor
10-20-2006, 02:56 AM
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGG, and accoring to an interview on TNA's site, Jericho denied having anything to do with actual Wrestling.Is there anything you don't shit on? I mean by all means shit on this, but I haven't seen you like anything...

PullMyFinger
10-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Jake the Snake was the only shitty segment of tonight's Impact. Last week they were good and this week also...I gotta hand it to TNA, they're really changing things around as of late.

The final segment was awesome.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Tonights TNA might quite possibly have been the best single TNA ever. Angle, Jericho, Nash's segment, Jake Roberts...mygod, I just might order Bound For Glory.

Dave Youell
10-20-2006, 03:56 AM
That headbutt looked brutal

The MAC
10-20-2006, 04:11 AM
even though everyone is marking out for angle/joe it has no structure..its like wcw shock/pointless booking. The storyline has no backbone...start cutting some fuckng promo's

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 04:15 AM
even though everyone is marking out for angle/joe it has no structure..its like wcw shock/pointless booking. The storyline has no backbone...start cutting some fuckng promo's
It's too early to say that. How many times in wrestling have we seen someone do something, and the suspenseful question "Why did he do that?!" come up. I'm usually the first to bash TNA, and I'm no fan of Samoa Joe, but I honestly can't find any real fault with that segment.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Is there anything you don't shit on? I mean by all means shit on this, but I haven't seen you like anything...

Was just thinking that myself.

Anyway, can't wait to see this. Angle V Joe should be a classic. And to wheoever it was who said Joe is overrated, fuck off man. Watch TWC's 'best of Samoa Joe' and you'll understand. He's an all-round wrestler despite his size/weight, with plenty of charisma. And he can put on classics with just about anyone.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 05:17 AM
...with plenty of charisma. And he can put on classics with just about anyone.
And this is where we start stretching.

Avenger
10-20-2006, 05:19 AM
Explain? A Broken Angle and the most over-rated wrestler in America on the same screen? Boring.lol why did no-one call Angle "broken" in his last month in the WWE? People were still singing his praises after his match with Orton at ONS and his work with Sabu.

This is the most ridiculous bandwagon in wrestling history - The Kurt Angle Hating Bandwagon. It's quite unbelieveable.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 05:19 AM
How is it(replying to pepsi man)? I watched TWC last night and just about every match was a classic.

Destor
10-20-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm not sure about the loads of charisma as I've only seem him in front of crowds that gush over good wrestling. Put him in front of the typical WWE crowd and I have a feeling he would drown.

As far as the classics with anyone, if his opponent has the ability to put on a 4* match I think with Joe they could work a 5*. But nothing beyond that. Joe needs a good talent to work with. He ain't no Ric Flair.

Flair has put on 5* matches with Ronny Garvin, that would be like Joe putting on 5* matches with Norman Smiley...and I don't think he's up for that one...

Destor
10-20-2006, 05:23 AM
lol why did no-one call Angle "broken" in his last month in the WWE? People were still singing his praises after his match with Orton at ONS and his work with Sabu.

This is the most ridiculous bandwagon in wrestling history - The Kurt Angle Hating Bandwagon. It's quite unbelieveable.Yeah it's a little rediculas. Bashing Kurt is definatly the new fad, the Triple H of 2006.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 05:24 AM
You guys obviously haven't seen the TWC thing. 4 hours of Joe's best matches will win you over.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 05:25 AM
lol why did no-one call Angle "broken" in his last month in the WWE? People were still singing his praises after his match with Orton at ONS and his work with Sabu.

This is the most ridiculous bandwagon in wrestling history - The Kurt Angle Hating Bandwagon. It's quite unbelieveable.
Agreed, actually.

Destor
10-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Name some of the matches, I have seen A LOT of his indy work. (You could post a link if you wanted, but I would still like to see a short list of his opponents.)

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 05:26 AM
You guys obviously haven't seen the TWC thing. 4 hours of Joe's best matches will win you over.
Many wrestlers could have a video produced with 4 hours of great matches, but couldn't carry "just about anyone" to a great match.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Thing is some of the opponents I can't remember the names of, cause I rarely watch indy stuff, however the one I can pick out was Joe Vs Aj Styles, which is actually the first match I saw of Joe's. Also Joe Vs CM Punk. I admit those other two have enough talent to work with, but there were others. I think the way he gets the crowd going can really get you into a match.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Thing is some of the opponents I can't remember the names of, cause I rarely watch indy stuff, however the one I can pick out was Joe Vs Aj Styles, which is actually the first match I saw of Joe's. Also Joe Vs CM Punk. I admit those other two have enough talent to work with, but there were others. I think the way he gets the crowd going can really get you into a match.
Actually, no, it really can't get me into a match.

Dave Youell
10-20-2006, 05:53 AM
I don't think there's gonna be a match between these 2 yet, this is a good way to build a feud straight off the bat.

But they have different matches and angles to deal with at the next PPV

I keep hearing that Angle's first match proper would be against Christian

Have Sting win the title or Jarrett retain (it doesn't really matter), Joe feud with the winner over it, hopefully makes Jarrett Job (who can then move to a lower level feud with Eric Young)

Then have Joe/Angle title match

That who thing if booked right could last 4 months before the Joe/Angle match happens

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 05:55 AM
That segment was indeed awesome. I just hope they can run with it.

Avenger
10-20-2006, 06:03 AM
OK Joe is not one of the best in the world. He just isn't.

He has bags of talent but he can't carry "just about anyone" to a five star match.

Avenger
10-20-2006, 06:04 AM
I don't think there's gonna be a match between these 2 yet, this is a good way to build a feud straight off the bat.

But they have different matches and angles to deal with at the next PPV

I keep hearing that Angle's first match proper would be against Christian

Have Sting win the title or Jarrett retain (it doesn't really matter), Joe feud with the winner over it, hopefully makes Jarrett Job (who can then move to a lower level feud with Eric Young)

Then have Joe/Angle title match

That who thing if booked right could last 4 months before the Joe/Angle match happens

Angle said in his press conference that his first feud will be Joe.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Pepsi man, I'm not surprised you disagree with me as you always seem to. Even if you're obviously wrong. The crowd really can make a match, and the crowd seems to get behind Joe all the time, so he must be doign something right don't you think? Or are you to stubborn to realise this?

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 06:27 AM
Pepsi man, I'm not surprised you disagree with me as you always seem to. Even if you're obviously wrong. The crowd really can make a match, and the crowd seems to get behind Joe all the time, so he must be doign something right don't you think? Or are you to stubborn to realise this?
The crowd seemed to get behind Monty Brown all the time...

Dave Youell
10-20-2006, 06:29 AM
HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT!

Dave Youell
10-20-2006, 06:30 AM
Angle said in his press conference that his first feud will be Joe.
D'oh!

Well fuck TNA then, just blow out your best feud straight away :(

Dave Youell
10-20-2006, 06:31 AM
OK Joe is not one of the best in the world. He just isn't.

He has bags of talent but he can't carry "just about anyone" to a five star match.
He can <s>carry</s> work with just about anyone and bring out a better performance than can be expected

Londoner
10-20-2006, 06:33 AM
^ Thanks Dave, that's what I was saying. Also he moves quicker around the ring than I would've thought for a guy like him.

And btw pepsi man you can't compare Brown and Joe, you just can't. Joe is far better. TNA fans will chant for anything, except Jarrett.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Yea and pit your newest big name against your young rising star. Its kinda hard for Angle to put Joe over by just beating him, which is what will happen since hes their new savior.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 06:35 AM
I can just imagine how great Joe V Angle will be, can't get the thought out of my head. Hope the writers don't fuck it up and also hope they do it before Angle gets injured.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 06:39 AM
^ Thanks Dave, that's what I was saying. Also he moves quicker around the ring than I would've thought for a guy like him.

And btw pepsi man you can't compare Brown and Joe, you just can't. Joe is far better. TNA fans will chant for anything, except Jarrett.
My point exactly.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 06:42 AM
I hope they design and introduce a new title belt before anyone worth watching wins it. Am I the only one who think that thing looks like a glorified belt buckle?

Londoner
10-20-2006, 06:45 AM
My point exactly.

I see where you're coming from, you are only looking at the stuff he's done in TNA. The best matches i've seen of him weren't just from TNA, every different crowd he wrestled to went mad for him.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Joe can wrestle but that only gets you so far in wrestling these days, as ironic as that is. its just that the crowds hes performed in front of mark for actual in ring talent, which is a good thing but not a trait of the mainstream. Angle could give him a huge rub tho.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Ya know it's funny how you guys under-rate Joe, but that's just your opinion at the end of the day. Just because Joe might not suit WWE doesn't mean he hasn't got talent or charisma. I just think he would be toned down so much in WWE, like down to Umaga's level, and that's why the WWE crowd wouldn't get behind him, they wouldn't see the real Joe.

Destor
10-20-2006, 07:00 AM
Ya know it's funny how you guys under-rate Joe, but that's just your opinion at the end of the day. Just because Joe might not suit WWE doesn't mean he hasn't got talent or charisma. I just think he would be watered down so much in WWE, like down to Umaga's level, and that's why the WWE crowd wouldn't get behind him, they wouldn't see the real Joe.Can Joe draw the money of his peers in the WWE? I don't think so. And all the ring talent in the world (which I feel he has a great deal of) can not help him there. Ask Bret Hart.

And hey, can you do me a favor? Don't condesend to people just becuase they aren't Joe marks.

Thanks.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Umagas trash. Joe is great no doubt, I dont think hes underrated tho. Joe would get his time in the ring, his time on screen and prob a decent push off the bat to get over. If his charisma and level of talent is what you say it is, he wouldn't have much of a problem.
Guys like RVD and Benoit got over based on previous reputation in other promotions and their in ring ability, so if hes the same there shouldnt be much of a problem.

With that being said, its not right to say "Joe wouldnt work in WWE cuz they suck" If hes so great and can win over any crowd in the ring, he should be able to draw, which he wouldnt.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Ya know it's funny how you guys under-rate Joe, but that's just your opinion at the end of the day.
While that's true, it's a two-way street.

McLegend
10-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Why are we not talking about that head-butt? It was unreal.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Why are we not talking about that head-butt? It was unreal.
Meh, it was a regular Kurt Angle move during his brief ECW tenure.

Destor
10-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Why are we not talking about that head-butt? It was unreal.Fuck'n A right. That was one stiff head-butt. Sweetness. I hope Kurt is ready to work a stiff match, cause I'm sure Joe is wanting to give a receipt.

Destor
10-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Meh, it was a regular Kurt Angle move during his brief ECW tenure.The difference is it was a Potato head butt.

McLegend
10-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Meh, it was a regular Kurt Angle move during his brief ECW tenure.
Perhaps, but he busted Joe open. People aren't supposed to bust Samons open with head-butts.

The Fugitive
10-20-2006, 07:11 AM
As far as the classics with anyone, if his opponent has the ability to put on a 4* match I think with Joe they could work a 5*. But nothing beyond that. Joe needs a good talent to work with. He ain't no Ric Flair.

QFT. I saw an match live between Joe and Test back in October last year. While it was an entertaining match, it was nowhere near a great match. Good to see you back btw, Destor.

It's been said a few times but I'll say again. If they blow this opportunity with Angle and Joe and rush it... I don't know, but I'll lose a lot of faith in TNA. This encounter was good but this needs to be drawn out.

Not a fan of Kurt's entrance music, guess I'm just so used to his WWE theme. Then again, I hated Christian's music when I first heard it and now I like it.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Perhaps, but he busted Joe open. People aren't supposed to bust Samons open with head-butts.
Perhaps years of watching pro wrestling has desensitized me.

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 07:13 AM
QFT. I saw an match live between Joe and Test back in October last year. While it was an entertaining match, it was nowhere near a great match. Good to see you back btw, Destor.

It's been said a few times but I'll say again. If they blow this opportunity with Angle and Joe and rush it... I don't know, but I'll lose a lot of faith in TNA. This encounter was good but this needs to be drawn out.

Not a fan of Kurt's entrance music, guess I'm just so used to his WWE theme. Then again, I hated Christian's music when I first heard it and now I like it.
Kurt's theme just seemed weird to me. I don't like Sting's TNA theme either, to be honest, but for whatever reason, Christian's music never bothered me. *shrug*

Destor
10-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Not a fan of Kurt's entrance music, guess I'm just so used to his WWE theme. Then again, I hated Christian's music when I first heard it and now I like it.The music is definitely going to take some getting used. Though I was having a herd time hearing it over the insane pop, so I dunno, I have to hear it again. It's just that Kurt's WWE music was so perfect, change always sucks...

Pepsi Man
10-20-2006, 07:18 AM
The music is definitely going to take some getting used. Though I was having a herd time hearing it over the insane pop, so I dunno, I have to hear it again. It's just that Kurt's WWE music was so perfect, change always sucks...
Yeah, to be honest, I didn't even really dig the remix they used starting when he was drafted to ECW while he was still in the WWE.

The Fugitive
10-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Kurt's theme just seemed weird to me. I don't like Sting's TNA theme either, to be honest, but for whatever reason, Christian's music never bothered me. *shrug*

Sting's music sucks donkey nuts. To be honest, there's about 5 songs (AJ's, AMW's, Daniels', Jarrett's and Joe's) that I actually like and can listen to. The rest do nothing for me and are crap.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 07:21 AM
New entrance themes always take a while to grow. I think its because you associate so much with them and suddenly its different. Even his original WWE music was strange until he got over, because it was formerly the Patriots music and Sgt. Slaughters for a while too.
The only entrance them changes I really can remember growing to like was the Undertakers new theme in 98, HHH's motorhead theme in 2000, and even Goldbergs WWE theme. I hated all of them at first but after I had associated them with some memories it certainly took

What Would Kevin Do?
10-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Can Joe draw the money of his peers in the WWE? I don't think so. And all the ring talent in the world (which I feel he has a great deal of) can not help him there. Ask Bret

This is totally irrelevent.

You can't compare Samoa Joe in temrs of money to guys in the WWE.

People like HBK and HHH may draw ten fold what Samoa Joe does... However, they also have the audience to do so.

WWE has been around forever. This includes when wrestling was popular. THey have had time to build a market.

TNA and ROH have come around during what is easily a dark period for wrestling.

You can't argue that if Joe were that great, they'd be doing WWE sales, because it's just not realistic. Just like it's not realistic to say WWE's success can be attributed to one or two men.

You have to look at Joe in relation to the place of TNA/ROH. He is going GREAT there in terms of drawing people in, and selling merchandise.

Of course, people in WWE will still outdraw and outsell him because they are a bigger company with a bigger reach.

It's also extremely difficult to get even the most devout wrestling fans to watch a new product. I have tried to get people who watch WWE every week and who love good wrestling to spend ten bucks on an ROH ticket, but they won't. I've meant to watch TNA more, but I haven't. It's not in my routine. It's not because of the quality of the product, it's just because I haven't got around to it. It hasn't even been a year since I got into ROH.

I'm rambling a bit... But the point I'm trying to make is that it's not fair to compare an ROH/TNA guy to WWE guys in terms of drawing, when one business is years ahead in both financial and fan build up.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Can Joe draw the money of his peers in the WWE? I don't think so. And all the ring talent in the world (which I feel he has a great deal of) can not help him there. Ask Bret Hart.

And hey, can you do me a favor? Don't condesend to people just becuase they aren't Joe marks.

Thanks.

Did you read my point where I was saying' just because Joe doesn't suit WWE doesn't mean he isn't as good as I think?'...slightly re-worded version but basically the samething. And I never condescended anyone. Show me where you think I did.

Londoner
10-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Umagas trash. Joe is great no doubt, I dont think hes underrated tho. Joe would get his time in the ring, his time on screen and prob a decent push off the bat to get over. If his charisma and level of talent is what you say it is, he wouldn't have much of a problem.
Guys like RVD and Benoit got over based on previous reputation in other promotions and their in ring ability, so if hes the same there shouldnt be much of a problem.

With that being said, its not right to say "Joe wouldnt work in WWE cuz they suck" If hes so great and can win over any crowd in the ring, he should be able to draw, which he wouldnt.

If they let him be who he really is then yes, he could draw. But none of us know for sure, it's all just opinion.

Disturbed316
10-20-2006, 07:58 AM
yesssss this one one of the greatest moments in wrestling people.i damn near jump out of my skin the first second i heard kurt angle music.this is electrifyin at its finest

Dave Youell
10-20-2006, 08:00 AM
I think percentage wise for the size of the companies they represent, Joe can draw more than HHH/HBK in the example given.

But it would never work in a real enviroment, so it's not worth discussing.

Have to agree why the head butt isn't being discussed more.

As for people saying that Angle is going to be in for a brutal match, I'd like to raise something about Joe, the guy is such a fucking fantastic worker because he 'works' I can't think of anyone that's he's seriously injured, and the only injuries i've heard him causing are bumps, bruises and gashes.

He's not even the stiffest worker in that company (Senshi is just dangerous, but that's another discussion), so yes this will be stiff, but no worse than a Benoit/Regal match in terms of potential outcome/injuries.

My proposed finish for this match would be a time limit draw, saves both guys face, it would be awesome and it doesn't give us a shitty dq finish. Either that or an ironman match with a draw finish.

TNA can't afford to have either man job IMO

Corkscrewed
10-20-2006, 08:10 AM
I just found it hilarious that Jeff Jarret runs in in the middle of all that and takes his belt back. But maybe it's because I kept on picturing Avenger stealing James Steele's belt or something (yeah, yeah, C-Fed ref).

Anyway, in terms of the segment by itself, it was good. But in context to a feud, it's an odd way to start.

Oh well, we'll see. I don't think they'll pull it off right, but hopefully, they don't fuck this feud up.

Destor
10-20-2006, 08:33 AM
This is totally irrelevent.

You can't compare Samoa Joe in temrs of money to guys in the WWE.

People like HBK and HHH may draw ten fold what Samoa Joe does... However, they also have the audience to do so.

WWE has been around forever. This includes when wrestling was popular. THey have had time to build a market.

TNA and ROH have come around during what is easily a dark period for wrestling.

You can't argue that if Joe were that great, they'd be doing WWE sales, because it's just not realistic. Just like it's not realistic to say WWE's success can be attributed to one or two men.

You have to look at Joe in relation to the place of TNA/ROH. He is going GREAT there in terms of drawing people in, and selling merchandise.

Of course, people in WWE will still outdraw and outsell him because they are a bigger company with a bigger reach.

It's also extremely difficult to get even the most devout wrestling fans to watch a new product. I have tried to get people who watch WWE every week and who love good wrestling to spend ten bucks on an ROH ticket, but they won't. I've meant to watch TNA more, but I haven't. It's not in my routine. It's not because of the quality of the product, it's just because I haven't got around to it. It hasn't even been a year since I got into ROH.

I'm rambling a bit... But the point I'm trying to make is that it's not fair to compare an ROH/TNA guy to WWE guys in terms of drawing, when one business is years ahead in both financial and fan build up.Sorry you had to on that tangent, but that's not what I was saying. If Joe was THERE could he draw that amount of money? If Joe was playing at that level could/would he still be a draw? I don't think so. Has done great on the indy circut? For sure. Has he done good for TNA? Most likely. But can he translate to BIG money? I, personally, don't think so.

But ftr, If TNA is wanting to play with the big dogs they should be held to the same standerds.

Anywho I like to compair Joe to Wahoo McDaniel, their styles are similar, their looks are similar, and I hold in the same high asteem. But niether of are going to a make anyone wealthy. Joe will put on great matches, Joe will have wrestled all the best names and the title of having their best matches, he will have quite the cult following, make a few small time promoters a dime, but when it's all said and done he will most likely be the guy who passed the tourch to the true great, and not as that great himself. Now tha's just specualtion on my part, but I'd believe that to Joe's future.

If Joe was in the WWE, do you really believe he could be a JBL level draw? Let alone a Triple or Rey Mysterio draw? I cant see it. Yes, in small time wrestling he is doing FANTASTIC. I am a Joe fan don't get me wrong, he just not deserving of the accolades that he was given.

There is little no interest in the product right now, just certian charectors. And in light of that Joe has wisely appealed to the (very) few fans who want a wrestling product. But most people aren't wanting wrestling, they are wanting Stone Cold or The Rock. People...not the product. Does Joe really have this alledged charisma to get to that level? No. Definatly not.

Joe is great athlete and a great worker, but he does not tranlate to a wide array of people. Sure he works great for these select few, who like a certain type of product, but the masses? I certantly don't think so.

CSL
10-20-2006, 08:53 AM
<font color=white>The angle wasn't bad but I hope they give it some build up instead of rushing in. My favourite part? The "Olympic Slam" is back. I always preferred that</font>

CSL
10-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Nash's segment.

:rofl:

<font color=white>Nash: That's right. Monty Hall might be there

Shelley: You dirty old dick shred!

Shelley is god</font>

What Would Kevin Do?
10-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Destor, Joe could EASILY hit it big in the WWE, if pushed right.

First, he's not some muscle bound, looks like he spends eighty hours a week the gym guy. He looks like a normal, everyday, big fucking dude.

He doesn't have a stupid gimmick...He is who he is. He's a pretty laid back guy who can get the job done, but if you piss him off, he's going to beat the shit out of you.

I would argue he ranks extremely high in potential.... He's not horribly different than Steve Austin in the fact that he's someone the people can actually relate to. He's not "larger than life", he's not a "genetic freak", and he's not some stupid character. People like things they can relate too. People like to see people they can relate to do well.

Joe could be fucking huge... He could easily, IMO, pull off the Austin like attitude on the big stage...

And as far s judging TNA by the same standards since they want to be in the same league.... It doesn't matter what they want. Where was WWE four years into its creation? Things take time. Even if every single fan who watched TNA became a loyal viewer ANDtried to get people to watch, it would still take years to make the fan base grow. It can't happen in a year.

Dave Youell
10-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Joe does have that Austin everyman feel to him and yes he 'Could' be big in the WWE.

But we all know that it's never going to happen, Vince wouldn't allow it because:

1. He's fat, Vince will want him down the gym asap to get that Masters like look so everyone in his roster can look the same
2. He's not a WWE creation, so the chances of a title run or even shot are very slim, there's only a few exceptions to that rule, and they had to work a long time to do it
3. His style, Vince would consider it dangerous, that plus he has more than 4 moves, he's have his moveset restrcited (maybe not so much in ECW)
4. He doesn't look like a star, we the smarks love him, but general people who go for looks over substance wouldn't buy it.

Tornado
10-20-2006, 10:16 AM
That was absolutly fucking awesome.

PullMyFinger
10-20-2006, 12:32 PM
As far as looks go...who would've thought ugly bald ass Goldberg would've made it as big? It's just the new WWE thing where you have to look Queer Eye..ie Orton, Edge

What Would Kevin Do?
10-20-2006, 12:56 PM
So essentially, it's not Joe's fault he would't get over in the WWE, but it's Vince's.

You can hardly knock Joe for that.

McLegend
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
So anyone like LAX beating up women?

Avenger
10-20-2006, 01:00 PM
He can <S>carry</S> work with just about anyone and bring out a better performance than can be expectedI do agree that Joe is awesome.

6to1
10-20-2006, 01:41 PM
So essentially, it's not Joe's fault he would't get over in the WWE, but it's Vince's.

You can hardly knock Joe for that.
yea i am with you on that, if joe ever went to the wwe vince would not push him, vince only likes pushing people who started in the wwe.

Jeritron
10-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I agree that Vince is more apt to pushing his own talent, but thats no excuse for Joe probably not working. That didnt stop Benoit, Jericho, Booker, RVD, Eddie, Rey Mysterio, Goldberg, and Big Show from getting to the top.

Stickman
10-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I must agree that TNA is actually getting better. A big name like Angle helps. Sting and Jarrett arent' big names and Christian isn't that big name either.

Tb1
10-20-2006, 03:32 PM
The Angle/Joe segment was well done in my opinion, and I haven't seen a crowd that hot in a long time, WWE included. I didn't think iMPACT! was too bad either, the Nash segment was hilarious, and there was decent build-up.

Oh and, that bump that Gail Kim took was SICK.

CSL
10-20-2006, 05:03 PM
As far as looks go...who would've thought ugly bald ass Goldberg would've made it as big?
<font color=white>You are joking right?</font>

6to1
10-20-2006, 07:24 PM
So anyone like LAX beating up women?
i guess gail and amw are turning face

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
10-21-2006, 07:40 PM
That was, IMO, the best segment I have seen in wrestling in months. I think it's stupid do blow their biggest feud so early, but it doesn't even really bother me - perhaps they are trying to capitalize on all the Angle hype right away. Either way, it got me interested in TNA after not watching for weeks.

Arnold HamNegger
10-22-2006, 01:03 AM
This kicks 12 shades of ass!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CXVok8iYTs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CXVok8iYTs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the wwe champion
10-22-2006, 03:56 AM
Wished If Brock could join TNA we could have a fucking feud bet'n Angle and Lesnar.