PDA

View Full Version : Hey look, a Kurt Angle thread.

Stickman
10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Kurt said he's still open to MMA as TNA doesn't "own" him. Anybody else think he'd be terrible in MMA? I honestly can't see the guy throw a decent punch. Sure he'll take everybody down but I do not see ground and pound by him. Maybe the WWE made him look like a pussy, but I can't see a decent punch come from him.

Tb1
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I can't see him doing that well. I mean, he's 38. Past his prime.

Disturbed316
10-20-2006, 04:23 PM
He will die quicker in MMA

Kane Knight
10-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I think he could be solid, but he'd never be the big threat he'd need to be for his ego's sake.

best to stick with wrestling, where he's a legend.

Unless he's out for money. Then he can go join Shamrock.

ron the dial
10-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Angle needs to stay in wrestling. Sure, he might have a mediocre career padded with lots of money in MMA, but he would eventually end up just being a big name with a bad record. Angle can continue to make a huge impact on the wrestling world, which is nowhere near the kind of impact he would have in the MMA world.

St. Jimmy
10-20-2006, 06:25 PM
He will die quicker in MMA

FourFifty
10-20-2006, 09:30 PM
IMPACT SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT TO READ

So who is gonna kick the bucket first? Kurt or Jake? While Kurt is on his way to the grave if he keeps it up, Jake looks like he already has one foot in it.

Afterlife
10-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Kurt is losing oodles of my respect every day.

Avenger
10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Ok Afterlife - explain to me why Kurt has lost your respect?

And then explain why he needs the respect of a geek?

Afterlife
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Nobody said he needs my personal respect. It was just a comment.

But he's losing it because of the way he's handling himself. I was under the impression that he was going to use his damn brain and get fucking better. Instead, he's not taking his situation seriously, and is, for all intents and purposes, throwing himself into traffic. It's stupid and reckless, and a professional of his stature should know better -- and act like it. That's why he's losing my respect.

And, like I said, an individual doesn't matter. But if people start to look at it the way I do en masse, then he might want to re-evaluate his thinking. Then again, he may be too deluded to notice.

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Ok Afterlife - explain to me why Kurt has lost your respect?

And then explain why he needs the respect of a geek?

He doesn't need it. And he can go pull an Eddie if he wants to. If he really wants to die in the ring, I say let the stupid fuck do it.

Doesn't mean opinions aren't going to be formed. If, for some reason, you feel this is a problem, I suggest you remember where you are.

However, the more people lose respect for Angle, the less business sense he makes. Except in TNA, where he could have a heart attack and it'd get 5 stars.

Caged Heat18
10-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Except in TNA, where he could have a heart attack and it'd get 5 stars.

As the crowd chants "THIS IS AWESOME!"

owenbrown
10-21-2006, 04:53 PM

and Don West goes completely apeshit. :shifty:

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 06:10 PM

E...K...G! E...K...G!

ron the dial
10-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Angle isn't even wrestling right now. How's he going to kill himself? He's taking time to heal up (at least to his standards), and then he's going to come back and wrestle TNA's schedule. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think he's really doing anything so insane that it garners such a negative reaction from some people.

St. Jimmy
10-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Angle isn't even wrestling right now. How's he going to kill himself? He's taking time to heal up (at least to his standards), and then he's going to come back and wrestle TNA's schedule. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think he's really doing anything so insane that it garners such a negative reaction from some people.

Yes because major injuries like his heal in a matter of 4-5 weeks... I say let him wrestle, maybe when he starts bleeding internally and vomits blood on TNA tv, people will finally learn. Everyone except Kurt that is, he's pretty helpless.

KingofOldSchool
10-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Angle needs the MMA money to pay for his funeral and burial plot.

ron the dial
10-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes because major injuries like his heal in a matter of 4-5 weeks... I say let him wrestle, maybe when he starts bleeding internally and vomits blood on TNA tv, people will finally learn. Everyone except Kurt that is, he's pretty helpless.
I said heal to his standards, not medical standards.

I don't care what Kurt Angle does. He's a grown ass man, and can live his life anyway he fucking wants. I'm not saying that I want to see the man die, but if he wants to stay on my television and entertain me that's fine.

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm sure people are talking about him killing himself by moonsaulting out of bed in the morning. :roll:

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 06:45 PM
I said heal to his standards, not medical standards.
Good job neutering your own point.

ron the dial
10-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Good job neutering your own point.
Thanks.

My point is that I don't care if Kurt Angle is completely healed or not. It's his decision to wrestle or not wrestle.

St. Jimmy
10-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks.

My point is that I don't care if Kurt Angle is completely healed or not. It's his decision to wrestle or not wrestle.

Well technically Suicide is Illegal in the country, so it's not really his choice according to the law.

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks.

You did a good job obscuring that by arguing how he was healing up and would be wrestling a relaxed schedule.

Also, I believe the promoter has some say in whether he wrestles. Call me crazy, but I think that's why WWE fired him in the first place.

ron the dial
10-21-2006, 07:42 PM
If what Kurt Angle says is true (and I have no reason to believe that it isn't), he asked for his release (he wasn't fired) because WWE wanted to keep him on the road working harder than he wanted to. He left for TNA because they were going to give him the time that he wanted before he stepped in the ring.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Are you an idiot??? Kurt Angle was fired from WWE because he REFUSED to go to rehab and get over his pain killer addicition and heal up. Angle wanted to continue to get in the ring, Vince McMahon (in a rare case of character) cared about the fact that Kurt Angle was put by doctors on a "Death watch." McMahon weather it was for personal or professional reasons, fired Angle so he wouldn't die under WWE contract.

ron the dial
10-21-2006, 08:20 PM
And what is your source on that information? I've heard so many different stories that I'm just going with what Angle said.

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 08:25 PM
If what Kurt Angle says is true (and I have no reason to believe that it isn't), he asked for his release (he wasn't fired) because WWE wanted to keep him on the road working harder than he wanted to. He left for TNA because they were going to give him the time that he wanted before he stepped in the ring.

Actually, we have every reason to doubt him. Name one star that's been injured and hasn't been given time to rehab. Why is Kurt different? You're asking us to suspend the most reasonable train of thought (That Vince didn't change the way his business worked or made an exception for Kurt, despite all evidence to the contrary) in order to believe that his story is more likely.

KingofOldSchool
10-21-2006, 08:28 PM
We all should believe everything Kurt Angle says, because he won an Olympic Gold Medal with a BROKEN FREAKIN NECK.

He wrestled at Wrestlemania...with a BROKEN FREAKIN NECK.

So obviously he can never tell a lie to make himself look good.

ron the dial
10-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Obviously, I can't make an argument against McMahon's track record in dealing with injured stars. They get the time that they need to get better.

But Kurt is an admitted workaholic. If Vince asked him to take time off, Kurt would have said no. And that's Angle's fault. But ultimately, Vince runs the show and makes the decision whether Angle wrestles or not. And obviously Kurt continued to wrestle. Why would Vince let him if he knew that he needed the time off? It was fairly obvious.

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Obviously, I can't make an argument against McMahon's track record in dealing with injured stars. They get the time that they need to get better.

But Kurt is an admitted workaholic. If Vince asked him to take time off, Kurt would have said no. And that's Angle's fault. But ultimately, Vince runs the show and makes the decision whether Angle wrestles or not. And obviously Kurt continued to wrestle. Why would Vince let him if he knew that he needed the time off? It was fairly obvious.

Jesus Christ, way to contradict yourself.

So Kurt's an admitted workaholic. What would make this situation different? You're asking us to buy not only that a workaholic wanted hsi release, but that it's because a man who consistantly, if not always gives his big stars time off was responsable because he refused to give him work off.

We have to ignore a lot of facts to believe Kurt. All we have to ignore to believe WWE (And don't get me wrong, I don't take WWE at their word without good reason) is the "fact" that Kurt continued to wrestle--A fact that actually doesn't prove anything either way. Basically, if Vince is telling the truth, then that same release could have been because Kurt's insistance that he could work was finally called into question.

Which means you have to already assume Kurt is telling the truth for your "obvious" answer to be correct, since you could argue the opposite was also "obvious." And that's on top of ignoring the track records of both parties.

I'm sorry, I can't suspend that much disbelief. I can't take Kurt as anything other than a liar in this case, and it's not because I trust WWE, I just find their side to be the less unbelievable. And you know what they say about the theory with the least unnecessary steps...

The Naitch
10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
I hope I get to see Kurt die LIVE AND IN THE FLESH

if not, atleast on PPV feed

The Naitch
10-21-2006, 09:04 PM
ps- Kurt is a fucking liar in that TNA promo. A fucking liar.

Kane Knight
10-21-2006, 09:18 PM
I bet that "where were you when Kurt died" will become a stale question in a few years.

Thankfully, the business we support has little regard for life.

Avenger
10-22-2006, 05:44 AM
I cannot stop laughing at how internet fans are talking about Angle. This is hilarious.

Avenger
10-22-2006, 05:46 AM
ps- Kurt is a fucking liar in that TNA promo. A fucking liar.lol

Afterlife
10-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Ok Avenger - explain to me why internet fans have lost your respect?

And then explain why they need the respect of a geek?

lilly39
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
I can't see him doing that well. I mean, he's 38. Past his prime.
Kurt will be great in anything, he is that great and anther thing Kurt is not 38 yet he is 37 get that right , and anyway that does not mean anything , KURT CAN STILL KICK ASS.