PDA

View Full Version : People who think you're stupid.

Stickman
10-20-2006, 03:28 PM
I have a pet peeve when it comes to movies and tv shows. That's when somebody asks you if you liked a movie or watch a show, and when you say "no", or "I really hated that movie" they get mad at you like you're an idiot. Sorry, I hated Muholland Drive and turned it off about 40 minutes in. If it wasn't terrible I'd watch it. Same as the Matrix or Star Wars. I truely dislike those movies yet people don't believe me. Fuck off, just because I don't like the same retarded movies as you doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I don't watch Lost because I have no idea when it's on and probalby watch something better at the time, and I dont' watch TV all day. That doesn't make me inferior to you, fucking assholes.

I feel better now.

Boondock Saint
10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Movies are entirely subjective. Whoever says otherwise is dumb.

ct2k
10-20-2006, 04:11 PM
I hate people who THINK they're smart and totally 'get' a movie when they clearly don't, and try and tell ME how it is.

Stickman
10-20-2006, 04:31 PM
I forget what the awful movie was but I didn't get it so I asked my brother who thought it was like the best thing since sliced bread, and he said, "Nothing happened, that's the point." He was all excited and shit cuz it was an artsy movie that he thought was better than God. If nothing happened why the fuck did I watch?

ct2k
10-20-2006, 04:36 PM
I remember when I was about to watch Donnie Darko and this girl I know was like ok well its well complicated but I got it immediately cos I'm cool and afterwards (including watching the extras etc to understand it a little better) I was like, man there's no definitive answer to "what is donnie darko about?". Its left completely open to interpretation and even the maker himself has said so and she was like "no no I know its complicated but honestly you should watch it again its like this" etc etc:rant: