PDA

View Full Version : You know who I always wanted to see in the WWE?

Destor
10-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Scott Norton. That is all.

Use the rest of this thread to discuss who you always wanted to see in the WWE.

Crippla
10-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Vicious and Delicious.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
The Yet-Ay!

Crippla
10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Nah but seriously, I always wanted to see a lot of wrestlers in the WWE but one that particularly comes to mind is Sting. I'd just be curious to see how he'd fit in the main event scene in WWE...

Funky Fly
10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
In this day and age, he'd come in and people would mark the fuck out, then WWE would do something stupid like kill his push by feeding him to someone and turning him into a midcarder *cough*<font size=1>Scott Steiner</font>*cough*

Rob
10-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Sting was a WCW made star so Vince would probably have Funaki whip him in seconds.

I think Vince could have done more with Alex Wright's Berlyn character than WCW did though.

Jaton
10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Just like Booker and Big show.

Jordan
10-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Scott Norton isn't for the United States. I would have liked him in TNA maybe.

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:22 PM
He was great in WCW. But I have to agree, his Japan work has been stellar.

Kane Knight
10-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Just like Booker and Big show.

Well, they are the rule, not the exception. I mean, there's a regular litany of successful WCW guys in WWE.

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Chris Benoit, Eddie Gurrero, Booker, Big Show, Steve Austin, William Regal, Chris Jericho, Fit Finlay...

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah.

Crippla
10-24-2006, 10:31 PM
You could even count Undertaker in there if you want...

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Or Billy Kidman, Greg Helms, Rey Mysterio, the list is quite long.

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Chavo Guerrero, Brian Pillman, Vader, YEAH I THINK I PROVED MY POINT. Those who were actually worth a fuck were pushed accordingly.

Kane Knight
10-24-2006, 10:43 PM
You could even count Undertaker in there if you want...

I thought we were talking WCW-Made talent, not every random putz who was in WCW.

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:44 PM
That argument doesn't work against most of my people KK.

Crippla
10-24-2006, 10:46 PM
I thought we were talking WCW-Made talent, not every random putz who was in WCW.
Well Austin would kind of be in that category too....

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Austin held the US title for over a year at a highly competive point for that belt... it looked like he was going to jump to main event on SEVERAL occasions.

Crippla
10-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah but if you're talking "WCW Made talent", I still wouldn't consider him in that category because his gimmick and all was completely different.

Kane Knight
10-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Well Austin would kind of be in that category too....

That was...Err...Kinda the point...

Destor
10-24-2006, 10:51 PM
His name was the same. I knew him from WCW when he made the jump, and I'm SURE I wasn't the only one. From someone who didn't watch back then I could see how you would argue it, but if you did watch thats a whole other story. Austin may have become bigger in the WWE, but he was something in WCW.

Crippla
10-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I knew him as well but he still was bigger in WWE which is my point. He wasn't made a main event star in WCW. If you want to talk about not having the same name, The Big Show was The Giant in WCW and like Austin everyone recognized him already and he was made a star in WCW and didn't really have a different gimmick in WWE so the name doesn't always mean the same gimmick.

Shadow
10-24-2006, 11:00 PM
And we let him back why!?

I for one would want to see how Norman Smiley would've fit in in the WWE. Could you imagine the tag team of the Smiley and Goldust?

Destor
10-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Well, they are the rule, not the exception. I mean, there's a regular litany of successful WCW guys in WWE.Austin was succesful in WCW. So was Pillman, so was Mysterio, Benoit, Gurrero, Jericho, Vader, Finlay, Kidman, and Booker. 3 are former WCW champions. Kidman had a mianevent fued with Hogan. Eddie was EXTREAMLY succesful. He was more succeful in the WWE, but I fail to see how that means he wasn't a succes in WCW. Saying the WWE hold people back because of where they made their name is stupid. DDP was held back? No. He got the push he deserved. They busted their asses to get DDP over in WCW, and that's only because he had the right freinds. His treatment in the WWE was more than fair. Steiner? Please. I wouldv'e done the same thing to him. Kayon? LOL. Those who deserved pushed got them.

Crippla
10-24-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm gonna need an explanation for Jericho. He was definately held back in WCW.

Destor
10-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Hell, five title reigns, several 5* matches, and a LOT of TV being held back? Yeah he could have done more, he could have single handedly beat the entire locker room clean, unified all the titles, become the head booker, and went on a five year undefeated streak, but just because he didn't doesn't mean he was held back. At that stage in his career he was plenty successful. He had a lot to prove in the WWE and he upped his game accordingly. He hadn't shown me much before the WWF (and thats means way before WCW.) I would have used about the same.

Hanso Amore
10-24-2006, 11:36 PM
I agree on Norton. When we was used he was amazing.

He had no push, no gimmick, nothing, but sometimes he would randomly put out and would just chop people to shit, and when eh came down you knew someone was gettingtheir ass whipped. They used him smart.

He was a believeable beast because he never lost matches. he would have like 4 matches a year and he would own. He was onyl really beat up by the likes of Goldberg and Sting.

I remember they days where people would tell him lies to get him to attack people.

I remember once he was shaving in the back, and some random guy came into his room and said that the Cat (I think it was the Cat) was talking shit about him, and the camera followed him to the ring where he just beat the hell out of Miller. It was like a 3 minute trip to the ring and the crowd and announcers were marking for the impending ass whipping.

Viscious and Deliscious never got a chance, they could have been great. Bagwell we hot when he first joined the NWO, but once he went solo he was shit.

The Genius
10-24-2006, 11:49 PM
everyone is talking about vicious and delicious. what about fire and ice. scott flash norton and ice train. :foc:

Fignuts
10-25-2006, 01:28 AM
I always liked norton. Speaking of guys whose work in japan is far better, have you guys seen A-train lately? Apparantly his work in new japan is fantastic. There are already rumblings that he could be the next vader for the industry there.

Xerzes
10-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Fire and Ice ruled.

I think I mentioned that in the "obscure wrestling facts" thread a while back.

Jeritron
10-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Yeah, I knew him as well but he still was bigger in WWE which is my point. He wasn't made a main event star in WCW. If you want to talk about not having the same name, The Big Show was The Giant in WCW and like Austin everyone recognized him already and he was made a star in WCW and didn't really have a different gimmick in WWE so the name doesn't always mean the same gimmick.

Booker T, Chris Benoit, Goldberg, Big Show (who cares if he was "the Giant", thats like saying James Gang or The Outsiders arent WWE made, same gig and he got over on his recognition, especially in his debut and first year)

These guys all were main eventers and world champions in WCW...then main eventers and world champions in WWE. They made their names there and their characters carried over the same. And Rey Mysterio became a star in WCW, thats why most fans liked him in WWE where he enhanced his star power.

The WCW failed to push new stars and missed the boat on a lot of guys like Austin, Foley, HHH, Jericho, Eddie. But saying WWE wouldnt push their stars is a false claim seeing as every star they made signed with WWE eventually and got a push. Sting would get the same oppurtunity. Listen to Destor.

Jeritron
10-25-2006, 04:39 AM
As for the topic, Stings the only noteable guy I can think of that didnt make his way to WWE, which I really would have like to have seen in 03/04 and even still if done correctly. Also, even though Taz and Raven got contracts, I would have liked to see them better used as the real Taz and Raven. Same goes for DDP.

Tb1
10-25-2006, 04:45 AM
Glacier.
CHEETAH KID

What Would Kevin Do?
10-25-2006, 07:57 AM
I always liked norton. Speaking of guys whose work in japan is far better, have you guys seen A-train lately? Apparantly his work in new japan is fantastic. There are already rumblings that he could be the next vader for the industry there.

#10 Giant Bernard - What? Prince Albert? You're shitting me... No, I'm not. THe man has had great matches this year with Tanahashi, Yugi Nagata, Tenazn, and even Lesnar. This man IS the monster Gaijin overseas right now. If he keeps up his style, and keeps putting the effort into it, I think within a few years it won't be that out there to make Bernard/Vader comparisons.

Dave Youell
10-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Kenta Kobashi

Winner!

tucsonspeed6
10-25-2006, 09:02 AM
As a definition of WCW or WWE made talent for future reference, maybe just consider their debut in the opposing company. If they were big enough that the WWE or WCW expected you to recognise them on their debut, they were made by the opposing company. For example, Jericho came out without a whole new gimmick or introduction. Same with the Outsiders. Guys who were started with brand new gimmicks, names, and back stories, etc like Austin would be the exceptions.

ClockShot
10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Harlem Heat reunited.
Sonny Ono as a manager.

El Fangel
10-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Christopher Daniels.

Jaton
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Harlem Heat reunited.
Sonny Ono as a manager.

Booker already has to carry half of the lockerroom on Smackdown. Do you really want to add someone else to that? :rofl:

Yashamaga
10-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Sting.

Crippla
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Booker T, Chris Benoit, Goldberg, Big Show (who cares if he was "the Giant", thats like saying James Gang or The Outsiders arent WWE made, same gig and he got over on his recognition, especially in his debut and first year)

These guys all were main eventers and world champions in WCW...then main eventers and world champions in WWE. They made their names there and their characters carried over the same. And Rey Mysterio became a star in WCW, thats why most fans liked him in WWE where he enhanced his star power.

The WCW failed to push new stars and missed the boat on a lot of guys like Austin, Foley, HHH, Jericho, Eddie. But saying WWE wouldnt push their stars is a false claim seeing as every star they made signed with WWE eventually and got a push. Sting would get the same oppurtunity. Listen to Destor.
I know ,I wasn't the one who said that about the different names, that was kind of my point...

.44 Magdalene
10-26-2006, 03:01 AM
Disco Inferno.

.44 Magdalene
10-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Every mother fucker on this board would mark out and you can't possibly deny it.

Crippla
10-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Kaz Hayashi would be a good Cruiserweight fit.

The Optimist
11-02-2006, 10:32 AM
La Cucharacha would be a good Cruiserweight fit.

Stickman
11-02-2006, 02:55 PM
For WCW VS NWO on N64 I used to always be Scot Norton as his powerbomb TKO'd everybody

Rob
11-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Kenta Kobashi

Winner!

I would HATE to see him in the WWF.

Mjdiesel
11-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Ironically enough, Sting. I think he'd be really interesting to see in that environment.