PDA

View Full Version : WWE Legends game?

Jordan
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know if this is in the works?

D Mac
10-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Don't know but THQ needs to do a Legends of Wrestling game with the Smackdown vs Raw engine. With legends from WCW, ECW, and whatnot.

TerranRich
10-27-2006, 02:49 PM
There's an interview with THQ on ProWrestlingGames.com and they say that, no, they are not working on it, and weren't really planning to.

KingofOldSchool
10-27-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't see why not, that could be a huge success especially if it's Smackdown vs. Raw, but with nothing but "legends."

Think about this roster...

Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan
Dusty Rhodes
Arn Anderson
Ted DiBiase
Roddy Piper
Mr. Wonderful
Andre The Giant
Ricky Steamboat
The Road Warriors
The Hart Foundation
Harley Race
Greg Valentine
Jimmy Snuka
Tito Santana
Junkyard Dog
Mr. Perfect
Rick Rude
Stone Cold
The Rock
Tully Blanchard
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Iron Sheik
Kamala
Jake Roberts
Billy Graham
Owen Hart
Eddie Guerrero
Brian Pillman
Jimmy Hart
Bobby Heenan

among others
Guys who prolly wouldn't be included

Randy Savage
Honky Tonk Man
Ultimate Warrior

Funky Fly
10-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I dunno. Legends of Wrestling wasn't exactly flying off the shelves. Granted, the game had a pretty bad engine by comparison, but really, how many old school wrestling fans are gamers?

Crippla
10-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Legends of Wrestling sucked. If it was with a SmackDown! vs. Raw engine, I would buy it immediately.

TerranRich
10-27-2006, 11:27 PM
LOW 3 wasn't all that bad actually.

Crippla
10-28-2006, 10:14 AM
I never got to play LOW 3 so I can't comment but I have the first one and it sucks....

TerranRich
10-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah, no doubt, LOW 1 sucked donkey balls.

Just John
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
The actual wrestling in LOW1 was so slow it might as well have been a pokemon style RPG

Jordan
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
That sucks. I was thinking if they did to have different era's of wrestlers in the game...

WWF 1980's
Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
Ted Diabiasie
Axe
Smash
Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Ricky Steamboat
Andre The Giant
Hart Foundation

NWA 1980's
Ric Flair
Dusty Rhodes
Arn Anderson
Tully Blanchard
Lex Luger
Hawk
Animal
Harley Race
Robert Gibson
Ricky Morton
Sting (blonde hair)

WWF New Generation
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Diesel
Razor Ramon
Yokozuna
Owen Hart
The Undertaker (purple)
The British Bulldog
Jerry The King Lawler
Bam Bam Bigelow
Psycho Sid

WCW Monday Night Wars

Sting (crow)
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Hollywood Hogan
Randy Savage
Vader
The Giant
Booker T
Scott Steiner
Goldberg
Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Chris Benoit

WWE Attitude

Stone Cold
The Rock
Mankind
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Kane
X-Pac
Billy Gunn
Road Dogg

Hitman84
10-30-2006, 07:04 PM
I had both LOW 2 and 3 and I have to say that 2 beat 3 hands down. The only good thing 3 had going for it was the hugely extended roster compared to the first two. My only annoyances were that you had to create Jim Neidhart, but even so that was only minor; that the gameplay was really slow, the really short and crappy story mode in 3 and the glitch in 3 where if you pinned a wrestler he could squeeze out of the cover and the ref would keep counting so you'd either win in seconds or lose a match you were convincingly winning. The old WCW announcing team got annoying after a while too.

On the plus side, I liked the countering method in 2 and the way that in story mode you had to fight a whole bunch of jobbers, then mid-carders, then challenge for the belt.

Give me LOW 3, plus Jim Neidhart and a few others like Demolition, on a SvR engine any day of the week and I'd get it right away.

Übermensch
10-30-2006, 07:13 PM
It's a really cool idea, but it would realistically mostly just split the market share with SvR, and would cost more money to make.

If it were made, I would love to be able to play as as wrestlers from older eras with grainy or even black and white lyrics to reflect the era.

Just John
11-04-2006, 01:29 PM
This is such a geat and obvious idea, I dont know why this hasn't crossed their minds. It would sell like hotcakes.

Avenger
11-04-2006, 01:37 PM
You'd need AWA and WCCW and Stampede in there too.

TerranRich
11-04-2006, 09:50 PM
You'd need AWA and WCCW and Stampede in there too.
Um yeah, not if it's going to be a WWE Legends game.

MMercM
11-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I loved Legends of Wrestling.

Crippla
11-05-2006, 01:25 AM
You are the only one...

Volchok
11-05-2006, 01:54 AM
I want Yokozuna to be in a wrestling game, I was thinking about that at work today.

jindrak
11-12-2006, 11:44 AM
I haven't enjoyed a wrestling game since No Mercy for the N64. =/

D Mac
11-13-2006, 04:52 AM
I want Yokozuna to be in a wrestling game, I was thinking about that at work today.

He is, WWF Raw for Super Nintendo.

KingofOldSchool
11-13-2006, 08:08 AM
And Wrestlemania The Arcade Game

NeanderCarl
11-19-2006, 12:42 PM
A Legends game makes perfect sense, and what with the Classic Arena in SvR06 I thought it was just a matter of time, a taster so to speak, but nothing has ever come of it. The game would have to have the old-school arenas, with the giant WWF logo, and the doorway made out of neon lights etc. Classic old school. Oh, and the Manhatten Centre set for Monday Night Raw. And the classic Big Five PPVs, with the old school logos.

Man, with a bit of imagination, this game would be gold. Storylines could "borrow" from some classics, such as Jake setting his snake on his opponents, or feuding wrestlers brawling on The Barber Shop.

Make this game now!

Just John
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Is mean gene still around? He could call the matches pretty well.

NeanderCarl
11-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Well Vince himself and maybe Ventura or Heenan could call the matches, or even Jim Ross (he's been around for decades, remember). Mean Gene could handle backstage segments, interviews etc.

Just John
11-20-2006, 11:29 AM
"Hello everyone I'm Vince Mcmahon."

"AND I'M JIM ROSS, WHAT A MATCH UP WE HAVE FOR YOU"

"This Capacity crowd is on their feet"

Crowd:

PLAYER ONE
PLAYER ONE
PLAYER ONE

Random guy in the crowd:

PLAYER ONE YOU RULE!!!!

:heart: WWF Attitude/Warzone

TerranRich
11-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Is mean gene still around? He could call the matches pretty well.
Of course, he's made appearances on WWE TV in the past couple of months, and he's still employed by them IIRC. Or maybe on a per-diem basis. But either way, he'd be perfect for backstage segments, much like Todd Grisham does today. I say Jesse Ventura and Vince McMahon for commentary. If McMahon could avoid sounding like he has cancer of the throat.

Just John
11-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Steven Hawkins would be much better

"Pumphandle Slam"

NeanderCarl
11-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Do you mean Stephen Hawking?

TerranRich
11-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Hawking: <tt>"By God...King...he is broken in half."</tt>
Ventura: What are you even talking about?