PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

Jaton
10-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Coming off of last weeks show, I didn't think this week could possibly be any more unentertaining. Somehow, they manage to not only duplicate last week, but make it a lot more boring.

How did Raw end up in this state? What is causing it, other than the writers? I mean this is ridiculous. There are a few wrestlers that you can see that are actually trying, but everyone else is phoning it in.

It's sad when what could've been the best match on the card, the triple threat, was a 4 minute pile of crap which wasn't even really a triple threat. It was more of Benjamin vs. Nitro while keeping Carlito out of the ring until it's time for his finisher.

Even worse when what, on paper, looked like the worst possible matchup on the card, turned out to be the best with Lita and Maria. Sadly, it was more watchable than HHH/Orton for the 8943759th time.

Sorry, had to vent.

Londoner
10-31-2006, 09:27 AM
I agree with you on everything you said. To make it worse they had Cena v Coach as the main event!(Booker and Big Show should've attacked Cena at the end to atleast make it sort of entertaining) I mean, the triple threat should've been the main event instead, and was shorter than I wanted to be, just as it seemed to be picking up it finished.

I also have noticed the wrestlers don't even seem to be trying anymore. The matches just seem too scripted.

Edit: It might be something to do with all the hype being around TNA now?

Jaton
10-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Shouldn't that make them want to work harder? Especially when, for the most part, TNA is delivering a more solid product. Like it or not, the in-ring action is much more watchable.

Another thing. Why are Booker/Show aligned? That's fucking stupid booking. Just because they're the heels, they're suddenly friends? It's not nearly believable. They should be at each others throats.

If anything, Cena and Booker should be aligned because Big Show seems liek the biggest threat.

Londoner
10-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Shouldn't that make them want to work harder? Especially when, for the most part, TNA is delivering a more solid product. Like it or not, the in-ring action is much more watchable.

You would've thought so, but it doesn't seem to be working that way. TNA's matches are far more watchable imo, apart from the number of tag matches they have, though they're improving.

Another thing. Why are Booker/Show aligned? That's fucking stupid booking. Just because they're the heels, they're suddenly friends? It's not nearly believable. They should be at each others throats.

If anything, Cena and Booker should be aligned because Big Show seems liek the biggest threat.

Yeah, and add the fact that last week booker and Big Show were feuding with each other, it makes even less sense don't you think?

Kane Knight
10-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Spoilers, Chief. :shifty:

Seriously, though, I missed Raw. I didn't intend to, but I did, and I found myself not caring.

Kane Knight
10-31-2006, 12:23 PM

Cena's the biggest threat. He's the vanilla negro superman, who wins against all odds. The two supervillains have merely pooled their resources to take out the guy who is really untouchable. The only thing that could make Cena job right now is getting caught eating Steph (You know, instead of Shane).

Even Show can't compete with that kind of a threat.

Stickman
10-31-2006, 12:53 PM
The heels always look like pussies.