PDA

View Full Version : The ECW Champ After December to Dismember

Mercury Bullet
11-03-2006, 05:30 PM
*SPOILERS AHEAD*

source: Figure Four Weekly Newsletter

As we all know by now, Big Show will be defending his ECW World Title against five other competitors at the upcoming December To Dismember pay-per-view in an Extreme Elimination Chamber Match. Thus far, Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Sabu and CM Punk (he defeats Knox next week) are scheduled to compete in the match. That leaves two spots open, which will likely go to Test and Hardcore Holly.

As reported earlier, The Big Show has been hurting to say the least. He's had to be taken off several weekend house shows in the past few weeks because he's in so much pain these days. When he does compete, its primarily in tag matches so that he doesn't have to do much. Due to the Big Show's lingering injuries, plans are being made for him to lose the title at December To Dismember.

One person you can count out on winning the title is Rob Van Dam. Vince McMahon is adamant about not giving the title to RVD after his recent drug arrest because he feels he can't count on him anymore. Van Dam is said to be in a major funk because he knows he pretty much ended any chances he had of being the top guy with his drug arrest. So with RVD out of the picture, just who will be awarded the title?

Well, the current plan is for Andrew "Test" Martin to win the ECW Championship at the December To Dismember PPV. WWE is well aware that he isn't their ideal option, but McMahon refuses to give it to RVD. With the exception of perhaps Sabu or Hardcore Holly, there's nobody else that could be a viable option at this point. CM Punk isn't ready for the time being, nor do they want to rush him into the role just yet. So, the title will likely go to Test.

How valid is this and how scary might this be if it is?

Crippla
11-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Use spoiler warnings...they give you a lot of shit about that.

Gulak
11-03-2006, 05:43 PM
That would be somethin.

Mercury Bullet
11-03-2006, 05:44 PM
My apologies, I went back and tried to at least add some space before people read too far ahead.

Mercury Bullet
11-03-2006, 05:47 PM
But anyway....Test? Test as a WORLD champion?

Crippla
11-03-2006, 05:49 PM
As far as Test winning the ECW Title goes........:nono: I don't think that would work despite me liking Test in ECW but then again I doubted Big Show and I think he's done a good job so fuck it. This still sounds like a stupid move IMO.

Disturbed316
11-03-2006, 05:50 PM
MARKS THE FUCK OUT

Mercury Bullet
11-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Im fine with Test doing what hes doing at the moment but I dont think hes fit for a world title run.

Juan
11-03-2006, 05:53 PM
If it goes to anyone other than Sabu or RVD I'm gonna be pissed.

6to1
11-03-2006, 06:15 PM
i would rather piper come in win the belt an hold it for a month long enough for a main eventer to go to ecw, an piper can finaly have a top belt.

Destor
11-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Better than Van Dam at this point...

6to1
11-03-2006, 06:31 PM
the problem with rvd is he burned to many bridges, after he did not go ot tour with the uso in dec a few years ago that hurt him. he should have gone to tna after that.

Corkscrewed
11-03-2006, 07:16 PM
I told you WWE is reading C-Fedding!!!! Test defeats big monster for the title... sounds like Globalmania here... :shifty:

Crippla
11-03-2006, 07:17 PM
LOU P DAIGHT!!!!

Gray
11-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Im curious on this one, with the Triple Threat champions of champions match taking place on Sunday... *IF* [unlikely event] the Big Show's title is up for grabs, and he loses it...

What then? Will the current holder be then forced to go over to defend said-title at the ECW event? I dont know if the WWE thought this through because its basically saying they are ruling out the ECW being on the line :p

Jordan
11-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Maybe it will work, I say try it.

darkpower
11-03-2006, 10:30 PM
There is some major hypocracy here, though. Vince so stubborn on RVD never getting another title shot because of the drug arrest, yet Sabu, someone that was also involved in that drug "sting" (I'll call it a sting to make it simple) was not only allowed to continue competing and be on TV, but also considered as someone to drop the title to.

Yeah, typical WWE logic.

Impact!
11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Loopydate will be very happy to hear this.

Mr. Nerfect
11-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it makes no sense to keep the belt away from Rob Van Dam, yet have Sabu lined up as a potential successor to Big Show.

Test wouldn't be a bad World Champion. The guy is pretty good, and has looked fantastic since joining ECW. It may be what he needs to really break through as that major player people have said he could be for years. I do think there are better choices, though.

First off, The Sandman. Granted, he's not in his prime anymore, and he was never that great, but he is an icon of ECW, and if they want a babyface that they can push as the top guy in RVD's adsence, he's probably one of the better choices available to the WWE.

Tommy Dreamer also comes to mind. Much like The Sandman, he's past his prime, but he still embodies ECW. He made his debut with RVD, I don't see why he can't still be considered a top guy in the WWE.

And finally, I don't think it is too soon for CM Punk to win the belt. There's no mid-card prize in ECW, so if he's going to remain there, they may as well push him. He's confirmed to be in the match, so he's going to lose his undefeated streak if he doesn't win the title. I think they should just take the chance and put the title on Punk.

Skippord
11-03-2006, 11:52 PM
What the fuck

Hanso Amore
11-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Punk is over big, but not enough to carry the title on a new struggling brand. They are hurting for big names. Sadly, they do kind of need a big name as champ so that they add some credibility to a weak roster.

Putting the title on punk would please some, but the casual fans would not respond just yet. If they push him right, Punk could be the top guy in ECW as soon as Wrestlemania. But just not yet.

RVDmark
11-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Personally I would put the title on RVD and have done wth it. ECW is failing because of it. An ECW with RVD and no hope of a title shot just turns it into another hour of WWE poo.

And dropping the title from a heel to a heel seems a bit pointless IMO.

Londoner
11-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Hmmm, I can't see Test becoming champ as that would mean the belt would switch from one heel to another heel. It's got to be RVD or Sabu. As much as Vince hates it, RVD would draw as champ. Infact, he's the only one in ECW that would draw as champ at this current time. So why does Vince make things harder for everyone instead of just making the right choice? IF RVD was to fuck up again THEN take the title off of him and THEN you will have a proper reason not to give him another chance. But the way I see it is RVD is the true face of ECW, so it makes sense.

Edit: Or maybe Vince is just saying this stuff so it comes off as a 'shock' to us that RVD wins it? God I hope so.....

the wwe champion
11-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Sabu he's a f*ing ECW Original

RP
11-04-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm positive the belt will go to RVD.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-04-2006, 08:50 AM
You do realize Sabu was born in Detroit, right?

Caged Heat18
11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I really wouldn't mind the title going to Test. I think it should go to RVD, but if McMahon's dead set against giving it to him, then really who else is there? Besides no one is drawing right now in ECW, so give him a shot.

Volare
11-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Punk is over big, but not enough to carry the title on a new struggling brand. They are hurting for big names. Sadly, they do kind of need a big name as champ so that they add some credibility to a weak roster.

Putting the title on punk would please some, but the casual fans would not respond just yet. If they push him right, Punk could be the top guy in ECW as soon as Wrestlemania. But just not yet.

Agreed. Giving Punk the title is like making another Cena...just got here(random matches building fanfare) then BAM Title holder, it would just kill the run he's on.

Splaya
11-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Im curious on this one, with the Triple Threat champions of champions match taking place on Sunday... *IF* [unlikely event] the Big Show's title is up for grabs, and he loses it...

What then? Will the current holder be then forced to go over to defend said-title at the ECW event? I dont know if the WWE thought this through because its basically saying they are ruling out the ECW being on the line :p

I could really see the fans voting for the ECW title to be on the line in the hopes it would be turned into an extreme rules match. Then since SD and ECW are traveling together now, I could really see Booker T winning the ECW title, until the Elimination Chamber where he would drop it to either Sabu or Test.

Skippord
11-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Theriously what the hell how is Test going to draw more than RVD

Fox
11-04-2006, 11:17 PM
There is some major hypocracy here, though. Vince so stubborn on RVD never getting another title shot because of the drug arrest, yet Sabu, someone that was also involved in that drug "sting" (I'll call it a sting to make it simple) was not only allowed to continue competing and be on TV, but also considered as someone to drop the title to.

Yeah, typical WWE logic.

For one, Sabu was extremely apologetic about the incident and even begged McMahon not to take him off the road. Rob Van Dam, on the other hand, did apologize to McMahon and company, but was not nearly as sincere at Sabu. This probably has to do with the fact that RVD probably doesn't think he did anything wrong ("Come on, it's just a little weed, Vince." --- :mad: )

Also, Sabu wasn't in the position that RVD was when he got busted. He wasn't JUST the top pushed face in ECW. He was the top pushed face in the WWE at the time, holding both the WWE and ECW Championships, after defeating John Cena, whom the company had been building up for over a year.

He pretty much climbed to the very tip top of the wrestling ladder, then smoked a joint and fell back down to the bottom.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2006, 02:59 AM

I get what you're saying, and if it were up to me, CM Punk wouldn't even be in the match, he'd be working a mid-card classic (hopefully), and continuing his undefeated streak. But, unfortunately, he has been put in the position where he either wins the ECW World Title, or he loses his streak. What does the WWE have to lose by putting the Title on Punk? The fans would at least be into it (seriously, next to RVD, he's the most over guy they have on the roster). I'm not saying Test is bad, but I wouldn't put him on that plateau of being a heel people will pay money to see get his ass kicked. He's good, but not quite at the stage where he can be considered a draw.

Dave Youell
11-05-2006, 04:16 AM
out of the guys that are in this match.

Test is the last person I'd give it to, Sabu is the most deserving out of the bunch, he's had a great attitude, decent matches and tried to save RVD's ass during the drug thing.

Destor
11-05-2006, 04:22 AM
I don't think this Vince/anti-RVD deal is true. Sounds bullshit to me. Even so I still wouldn't give it to him.

I have a Friend who is a huge RVD mark and has been dying for him to have his moment in the sun. When it finally can to fruition, RVD was the case of his own down fall. After all of my friends wishing for RVD to get that top spot that's how he repays him. Really let him down. Because of that I believe RVD should be held down for some time, but giving it to a heel at their first PPV post weekly TV show is a bad move IMO.

They need to end the show on a good note, they have had a heel champ for some time now, and the fans need some payoff.

Sabu is the next choice and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run, even if it's a short one.

But I would imagine RVD will get the win. Just look at the booking of it all, RVD all most has to win.

the wwe champion
11-05-2006, 04:39 AM
I am hoping for a hardcore ELIMINATION CHAMBER.

the wwe champion
11-05-2006, 04:44 AM
All the previous ELIMINATION CHAMBER matches were competed without the help of any foreign items except for the Summer Slam
Chamber Match where HHH used the sledgehammer to nail All Might Bill Goldberg.

I am seeking for something innovative. I mean a Hardcore Elimination Chamber with nails, barbwire bats, sledgehammers, chairs and all kinda' foreign stuff. Now that would be EC Freakin' E Elimination Chamber.

Rob
11-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Bryan Alvarez didn't write that.

And I'm seriously getting sick of seeing fake news on this site. Can't anyone spend 5 seconds checking an original source before they post?

Mercury Bullet
11-06-2006, 11:13 PM
That is why I wrote:

[B]How valid is this and how scary might this be if it is?

Clearly stating from the beginning, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT!

FourFifty
11-06-2006, 11:21 PM
But it's ECW. If Vince was a smart man he'd give the title to RVD after all of this nonsense so the ECW fans would think Vince is God.

redoneja
11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Not gonna happen.

redoneja
11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
and by that I mean Test winning the title at the PPV.

NeanderCarl
11-07-2006, 12:07 AM
You know, if Test had been talked about for a title run in 1999/2000, this board would have been jumping for joy.

Funny how people's opinions can change.

I think Test is just as viable an ECW Champion as any of the other possibilities.

Sandman and Dreamer stand on pretty similar levels at the moments; the ECW veteran/mascot who is still pretty popular. Of the two, Sandman is worth more at present, therefore Sandman would take the title before Dreamer would. Plus, Dreamer has been an opening match act since 2001 which would take any prestige away from the gold (Casual fans thinking ECW is worthless if former Raw jobber Tommy "The Yonkers Brawler" Dreamer is their flagship star). Sandman, and Sabu for that matter, are worth more simply because they weren't around for the Invasion bullshit, nor treated like crap on WWE TV ever since... to WWE (and NEW ECW) fans, they are fresh, albeit ageing, material.

In my view, the ONLY options are RVD, Sabu, Punk or Test. If RVD is to be denied the title on the basis of his arrest, then Sabu should be too, just as a gesture. Therefore, it's Test or Punk. And what has proven a better booking plan in the past then a heel champion being chased by a face challenger, culminating in the popular title switch at a big event. If Test takes the gold at DTD, then it could set the stage for a Test vs C.M. Punk ECW main event at WrestleMania.

So, there, I think Test is probably the best option they have. Unless of course, they switch somebody over to ECW at the last second to take the title. (What were those rumours about Bobby Lashley??)

RGWhat316
11-07-2006, 12:17 AM
I still think that the title should go back to RVD. It sounds like crap that Vince would not put the belt on him just because of the arrest. Mainly due to the fact that he got caught doing what everyone knew he already did. It's even been noted in the storylines that Van Dam has smoked weed.

Also, that this is the ECW title, not Vince's prized WWE title. Vince clearly has no intentions of ECW being his number one show, so why not just give it to RVD, he's the one that will draw.

NeanderCarl
11-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Well, on a plus side for RVD supporters, Hacksaw Duggan is still being booked by Vince, 20 years after a much more controversial arrest (He was caught with drugs in a car with enemy The Iron Sheik right in the height of the kayfabe era), so McMahon DOES forgive... eventually.

Volare
11-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Duggan is gettin his ass kicked by a RETARD!! So where's the forgiveness in that?

Splaya
11-08-2006, 01:04 AM
To be honest, I loved the heel turn.

LOVED IT

Fox
11-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Test isn't winning the title. They're not going to have Big Show and Test be the last 2 participants in the Elimination Chamber. The fans would shit on it instantly. It's gotta be face vs. heel, and Big Show's going to be the heel.

RVD will win the belt. All this winning the contract bullshit wasn't for nothing.

Maybe he'll job it off to Test somewhere down the line.

Skippord
11-08-2006, 02:24 AM
I'd like to see Sabu win it out of nowhere

The Fugitive
11-08-2006, 02:47 AM
I get what you're saying, and if it were up to me, CM Punk wouldn't even be in the match, he'd be working a mid-card classic (hopefully), and continuing his undefeated streak. But, unfortunately, he has been put in the position where he either wins the ECW World Title, or he loses his streak..

Perhaps he'll get "injured" and be forced out of the match. Fans might shit on Punk getting eliminated that way, but it would be the only way for him to not get the belt but not lose his winning streak.

Destor
11-08-2006, 02:50 AM
Loosing his streak in the main event of PPV is not a bad way to go.

D Mac
11-08-2006, 03:12 AM
SANDMAN

Jeritron
11-08-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't see the need to have Punk in a title match that he probably won't win, or even go late into. I'd rather them keep his push strong and steady not resulting in a title push until its about him. I think the best thing ECW could do for him and their entire midcard is re-introduce the ECW TV title in a 4 man tourney to be held at the PPV and have him win it, over Knoxx. Granted this won't happen, but a smark can dream can't he?

I'd book it as
Big Show vs RVD vs Test vs Sabu vs Holly vs Dreamer
w/ someone as an enforcer
maybe a debut of Lashley if hes headed over there.

Sandman vs Striker in an extreme rules match of some kind.

CM Punk, Knoxx, Thorn, and Mahoney in a TV title 3 match tournament.

I dont know what else they can do, but They're gonna prob need practically an hour out of the elimination chamber to make this PPV go 3 hours.

D Mac
11-08-2006, 03:17 AM
I'd book it as
Big Show vs RVD vs Test vs Sabu vs Holly vs Dreamer
w/ someone as an enforcer
maybe a debut of Lashley if hes headed over there.

Test beat Dreamer on Sci Fi to get in, so Dreamer is out.

Jeritron
11-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Ah I missed that. Well then who the fuck knows.

D Mac
11-08-2006, 03:24 AM
I say sandman but I know he has no chance. :(

Jeritron
11-08-2006, 03:26 AM
You can almost be sure there'll prob be at least one or two Raw or SD! guys on the card too, maybe even in the Elimination chamber, to increase buyrates. I'm not saying I agree with it, but this is WW-ECW and they're prob not gonna trust it as it is. Nor do they care if its "true to ECW"

NeanderCarl
11-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Loosing his streak in the main event of PPV is not a bad way to go.

Trying telling that to Goldberg.

MLW
11-13-2006, 08:01 AM
They need the ppv to be a succes and therefore I think they should give it to RVD...I think people will respond best to that...then I am hoping theyll put another title in there becouse I think they need that...one title simply isn't enough...I am hoping some kind of hardcore title then they can have a match Dreamer, sandman and let sandman beat the hell out of him with his cane :)
Then we can have a tag match between Khali/davari and Terkay/burke.
I also think they are going to have a match with a bunch of Raw/SD loosers whitch I hope will get interupted by a bunch of extreamists who beats them senceless.

Just my dime

Mr. Nerfect
11-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Once we find out who the final competitor is, it will be much easier to predict a winner. Right now, here is the list of competitors from most likely to win the ECW World Title, to least likely:

1. CM Punk
2. Test
3. Rob Van Dam
4. Sabu
5. Big Show

CM Punk is still most likely to win, in my opinion. He's undefeated, which they're making a big deal about, and he's about to be victorious at Survivor Series alongside DX. If that doesn't get the man over as a main event player, nothing will. CM Punk has been the most consistently entertaining portion of ECW since it's return, and they really have no one more solid to put the belt on.

The only issue is whether or not it is too soon to make CM Punk ECW World Champion, but that's something they should have thought about before they put him in the match.

Test is the second best option. He's good, and he deserves it. I still think he'd be better served feuding with DX, probably in the position Edge is now, but but he's doing well in ECW. I can't see him going into WrestleMania with the title, though, I just can't. If Test wins the ECW World Title, I expect to see him lose it at the Royal Rumble, or something.

Rob Van Dam is still more likely than Sabu, in my opinion. He's got more credibility than Sabu, plus he's been groomed for the title win. RVD winning seems logical, and would be good for the fans. I can see the WWE realising there is no one else, and just having RVD win.

Sabu's got little to no chance of winning. He jobbed to John Cena via submission, he's already lost to Big Show numerous times. Putting the ECW World Title on him would devalue it, in my opinion.

Big Show retaining just won't happen. If none of the above win it, the final entrant will.

Mr. JL
11-13-2006, 07:46 PM
If the title does not go to RVD, WWECW is fucked for sure. (More so than it already is)

Jeritron
11-13-2006, 07:58 PM
I think between the constraints of one hour, WWE influence, the lack of any other titles, and a lacking roster the WWECW is fucked as it is.
They need to make some serious changes to make it work, or at least show an effort. If not they're wasting talent, money and everyones time.
I really really want them to put the title on RVD for a credible run.
Reintroduce the TV title and put it on Punk
Add Benoit and someone else to the roster.
Go to an hour and a half at least.

If they're not gonna make strides to improve a noticably lacking brand, then they should send the handful of talent they have to the other brands and quit.