PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West

YOUR Hero
11-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Rapper Kanye West comes off as sore loser at MTV Europe Music Awards

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Rap star Kanye West was named Best Hip Hop artist but still came off as a sore loser at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

West apparently was so disappointed at not winning for Best Video that he crashed the stage Thursday in Copenhagen when the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends." In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize for his video "Touch The Sky," because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons.

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility," West said.

The rapper grabbed the Best Hip Hop award earlier in the night in a star-studded event hosted by Justin Timberlake in the Danish capital.

----

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Rapper+Kanye+West+comes+off+as+sore+loser+at+MTV+Europe+Music+Awards/Music/MusicNews/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=48506031&feedname=CP-ENTERTAINMENT&show=True&number=5&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=a

---

So here's a guy that became 'bigger' than himself when he made his statement "George Bush hates black people" after the Katrina disaster. People gave him some sort of credibility, some props for being courageous for having stated that, people readily believed it and it helped push the Bush admin into a decline it has never gotten out of.

Now he does this, although not the first singer or actor to whine but certainly I would think this will hurt his credibility and devalue his earlier Bush statements.
Do you agree?

Kris P Lettus
11-04-2006, 09:28 AM
He is uber talented but is a huge vagina.. He is cocky, arrogent, and self absorbed..

For these reasons, I don't buy any of his music, minus the old Rocafella shit..

It's like one of those Mel Gibson things where his actions in "real life" are going to effect his career..

YOUR Hero
11-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Agreed, but in his case his actions were going to influence things in a positive way. Things like this however could flip things around real fast.

Kris P Lettus
11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm all for anti-Bush shit but as long as shit is brought up in terms of race, racial lines will never go away.. I understood what he said after Katrina, but he should've said "poor people", not "black people".. I'm sure Bush likes plenty of black folks, if they have money..

Still, Kanye is self centered faggot..

There are plenty of better MC's and DJ's out there who don't come across as bitches I'd rather spend my money on...

Supreme Olajuwon
11-04-2006, 11:31 AM
In his defense the "Touch the Sky" video was fantastic.

YOUR Hero
11-04-2006, 11:40 AM
...cost a million dollars.

Kris P Lettus
11-04-2006, 11:55 AM
It was a good video and i like the song, I'm just saying he is a complete douchebag..

Buzzkill
11-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah kind of a db thing to do

The Naitch
11-04-2006, 04:35 PM
lol he's turning into 50 Cent

YOUR Hero
11-05-2006, 10:38 AM
I ain't saying he's a whiny nigger
whiny nigger

But he don't show composure like a mature singer
mature singer

Bad Company
11-05-2006, 11:30 AM
I had never heard of him before 6 months ago.

weather vane
11-05-2006, 12:27 PM
KANYEEZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Downunder
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
It was a good video and i like the song, I'm just saying he is a complete douchebag..

I have to agree with you

Kid Robb
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I love his stuff and he was pure gold when I saw him in concert...

But yeah... acting like a bit of a cunt.

Touch The Sky as a song and a video were both awesome tho.

Silent
11-06-2006, 05:31 PM
This is why I try not to delve too deeply into people's personal lives. I still like his music regardless of who he is in person.

YOUR Hero
11-06-2006, 08:04 PM
How would you construe this as delving into his personal life? These are public statements made by him for people to hear. This isn't exactly a bunch of rag reporters digging this stuff up.

Kris P Lettus
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM
The situation that cauised this conversation was at a music awards show..