PDA

View Full Version : how to potentially salvage Angle/Joe

Chuck Jones
11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Alright, I have an idea on how TNA could potentially salvage Joe/Angle. Bear in mind, I literally thought of this in about 5 minutes, so it is probably terrible.
First, the Genesis match should end in a draw, to protect both men. I'm thinking a time limit or a clusterfuck (bad idea, since TNA overuses clusterfucks) or even a double knockout. After the match, move Joe into a feud with Senshi and Sting will move into a feud with Christian that should have happened a few months ago.

We could show a video package of Angle becoming depressed and going into hiding, saying he now has doubts about himself and how he couldn't defeat Joe. He says he needs to find his Killer Instinct somehow.

In video packages we see Angle gettin training from an MMA fighter (Shamrock would be perfect for this, mostly because wrestling fans and TNA fans already know who he is) to rediscover his Killer Instinct. After a month of these training sessions, it culminates in a session in the ring with Kurt Angle, the fighter and a training dummy/Yukie, and Kurt destroys his opponent with Ground and Pound.

You can then have Angle go on a tear with his new style, taking out Killings (on a 2 hour special with Danielson style elbows), Senshi (to mock Joe at Final Resolution, he uses a Choke to put down Senshi)and Jarrett (Against All Odds with a Matt Hughes style slam on the head) before ultimately decimating Sting with an Angle Lock and Grapevine, winning the title and taking him off TV at Destination X. And Joe is placed as Angle's challenger for Lockdown.

There a few things that have happened with this stroyline:
1) Get Jarrett out of the main event. 2) You have the MMA fan interested with the fighter training Angle, the new Angle, and Lockdown's main event being in a cage
3)Joe has beaten Angle already, so we can assume Joe can beat him again
4)But, the new Angle is so tough, so there is doubt that Joe can beat him again
5)It stirs up interest, and when you deliver this match, it will easily top the match at Genesis. MOTY baby. Maybe the match of the decade.

If you enjoy this idea, I'll tell you how I would debut Brock Lesnar in TNA

McLegend
11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Just have Angle lose damnit. Having Angle lose will not hurt anyone.

They shouldn't have done that second pull away they did last week, but Angle and Joe is not dead and doesn't need saving.

The workout clips they showed on the last Impact was well done

The Naitch
11-05-2006, 07:01 PM
have DX invade TNA and have Burt Angle join them

Avenger
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Salvage Joe/Angle?

The feud is going fine :wtf:

KingofOldSchool
11-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Have Joe kill Angle in the middle of the ring and then have Brian Lee as the Underfaker "raise Angle from the dead."

Angle's new catchphrase?

"I'm Dead. I'm DAMN Dead!"

Destor
11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
It's a fine idea, and would go over well I'd imagine. But you don't need to "salvage" Angle/Joe. There is nothing wrong with it.

Blitz
11-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Salvage Joe/Angle?

The feud is going fine :wtf:
Agreed.

Shadow
11-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah dude...there's really nothing to salvage.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah, this feud is going great.

Kurt Angle is rumoured to be facing the tournament winner on Impact! at the next tapings (this is for their Primetime Special). Assuming that it is Abyss, I'd have Angle go over with the Ankle Lock. This puts over Joe vs. Angle as being even more important.

At Genesis, Samoa Joe kills Angle with a Muscle Buster. He covers, and gets the clean pin on the Olympic Gold Medalist. Samoa Joe then hits Angle with a second Muscle Buster, and then locks The Choke on him, just to be an ass.

Abyss wins the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Sting, and we get Abyss vs. Samoa Joe vs. Rhino (who finally beats Christian at Genesis) at Turning Point for the NWA Title. Sting and Christian face off, and Angle can spend some time resting, selling the beat-down Joe gave him. They could probably have Angle take Joe out of the main event, and have Rhino pin Abyss with the Gore, or Abyss pin Rhino with the Black Hole Slam. It's not too early to put the NWA Title on Joe, but if they want Angle vs. Joe to be intense, you should have them wage a war away from the Title.

Dave Youell
11-06-2006, 04:24 AM
There's nothing wrong with the fued itself, the only problem is the timing of it.

I agree that it should be a draw and then have them go into other feuds for a while though

Hanso Amore
11-06-2006, 05:09 AM
oh god no.

I understand that everyone wants Joe to go over, but having what is the biggest superstar in TNA history at the time lose his debut match to Joe is terrible.

Here we go.

Angle and Joe fight to a time limit draw. Jim Cornette or whomever is Authority Figure of the week (AFOW) comes out and gives them another 10 minutes. They run out of time again. Leaving both men completely winded and beat down, they gave it their all and are done. Fans give them a standing O.

On the next impact have a segment where Joe and Angle meet in the ring again, with a new found respect, but still an intense rivalry. They want to go again. Cue the AFOW. He says that they had their chance, that they already got their hands on each other and now they there are other plans. The AFOW announces that Samoa Joe is the Number one contender to the title, and he is finally getting his chance. At the Next PPV, it will be Sting (Who retains over Abyss) vs Joe for the NWA title. The fans go nuts.

Kurt is livid. he wants Joe. He will do anything to get to him. The AFOW comes up with brilliant plan to make Kurt, and more importantly the fans happy. Kurt can earn a rematch with Joe if he wins his match at the next PPV. the AFOW says that Angle has to show to him that he is truly ready to be the face of TNA. All he has to do is defeat his Opponent.....Jeff Jarrett. Once again the fans go nuts. Jarrett storms the ring in opposition of what has just been announced. After getting shut down by the AFOW, he turns around into an Angle Slam.

This sets up Joe vs Sting for the title and Angle vs jarrett for the next PPV. Joe needs to go over a legend but not Angle. They need to try to keep them both on pedestals. They can build th ecompany around Joe, but Angle has a few great years left in him and he is still the one of the top stars and biggest draws. Joe needs to be #1, angle #1b.

Joe goes over Sting, winning the NWA title and solidfying himself as a top star and the man in TNA. Angle goes over Jarrett, giving him a highly credible opponent and sending jarrett off to the mid card to work another angle.

This sets up Joe vs Angle for the NWA title. The AFOW announces that Angle will get his match with Joe, for the title if Joe still holds it, at the February PPV, giving an extra PPVin between to build the fued.

Cue Christian Cage. He is coming off several wins over Rhyno, and he wants a title shot. he never lost the title, he says he was screwed and it is his time to take what is his back.

The January PPV is main evented by Joe vs Cage for the title. Joe goes over clean after a decent few week fued with Cage. Angle spends that PPV facing another challenger, Maybe Abyss, with Mitchell claiming that Abyss is the real machine, blah blah.

During this entire booking period, Joe and Angle still are aware of each other and keep their rivalry and bad blood. This all culminates in a match at the February PPV, Joe vs angle for the title...in an Ironman match.

59 minutes go by with great back and forth action, but no clear winner, as both are tied either at 0 or 1. The ref takes a bump. AS the last minute ticks away, both Joe and Angle are down. Until Christian Cage hits the ring. The ref is down, and Cage gives a one man conchairto to Joe, and rolls angle on top of Joe. The ref comes to, and give a pin to Angle just before time expires. Cage just ended Joes streak and cost him the title. Cage helps Angle to his feet, hands him the title and they hug. Cue the Angle Heel turn.

Joe's streak was ended early I know, and so was his title reign, but stay with me. Angle comes out in full heel mode, mocking the fans for rooting for Joe. he is the bug star, the Olympic gold medal winner, he is the one who wrestled with a broken freakin neck and they rooted for joe!?

Angle forms an alliance with Cage. They cut a promo on why Cage did it. He wanted revenge on Joe for his defeat the month before. He and Kurt have been friends for a long time, and if Cage isnt going to be the champ, then is sure as hell is going to be his friend, and not Joe. The next week they come out again and Joe attacks them, but before he can get his hands on him, Joe is attacked by Petey Williams and Robert Roode. The numbers are too much. As Joe lays on the mat covered in his own blood, Angle gets in his face, and tells him to meet his new proteges, Williams and Roode. Angle says Joe will have to go through an army before he gets another match with him.

Over the next several months Joe tears through everyone Angle puts in front of him, beating Williams, Roode, both in a handicap match, and Cage. This can happen over about 2 months. This will give awhile for the fans to really get behind Joe on his hunt for revenge. Joe's fan base will grow more through a hunt where the fans are behind him to finally get the arrogant Angle, more so than just having a long title reign. Kind of like the build up of Mankinds. he kept trying and trying, the fans were so behind him, and when he finally won, it was over huge. During this time Kurt can defend the title to Daniels, AJ and the such. Joe looks better than ever with his new rage and thirst for revenge. a Nice long build up to the Rematch will be nice.

Finally, in about July or so, Joe gets his rematch in a cage to prevent Angle's lackeys to interfere. After a 5 star match, Joe goes over Angle clean, winning the NWA title back. That is as far as I will go, Let joe have a nice reign there. But I think TNA needs to avoid the long reigns. It has killed the WWE Main event. AFter the long Joe/Angle program, they need to keep things fresh.

So in the End...

Joe gets his first title to secure his top spot, and then a chase for the title to blow him up, winning the title again. I think his second win after what happened here would really go over, more than just winning it after no program and just holding it. Joe would be the top face in TNA hands down, and the number one star.

Angle would have served a great purpose of really getting Joe over big, and also lending a great feud to the ME scene. He would also be just about the first credible ME heel in TNA.

Sting would have a chance to step back and get Joe over, and Jarrett would be off doing whatever in his break. Cage would be over as a heel while being in a ME feud, rather than just fighting AJ or some crap. He could challenge Joe after Angle drops the title.

And finally there would be a good stable that is not Planet Jarrett. It would really help get Roode and Williams a nice push too, as Team Angle 2.0.

SO im on watch and Ive been awake dropping marines on beaches for like 36 hours, so if this just runs on and there are errors, gimme a break, but let me know what you think.