PDA

View Full Version : Has the WWE gone overboard with their DVD releases?

M-A-G
11-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Sure, there are some welcome additions such as the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection, The WrestleMania Anthology, Bret Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and the Best There Ever Will Be, and Hulk Still Rules. But are some releases really necessary? The Monday Night War was certainly a great of wrestling history but did it warrant a DVD produced by the winners of the war? Dusty Rhodes didn't really accomplish much in the WWE during his stint so it's questionable why the WWE bothered. Sure they want to make money but how far will it go or has it already gone far enough? Do you think a lot of the DVDs out and those ready to ship are too much?

Funky Fly
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
No, shut up.

Londoner
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Some of the ones coming out in 2007 are a bit over the top, think there's only one I'm interested in and that is Stone Cold's one, they should've made a Kurt Angle DVD while they had the chance though. The only ones i've bothered to get so far are Eddie's and Bret's.

Destor
11-08-2006, 05:17 PM
A new Eddie DVD is in order.

Londoner
11-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah there were too few matches on his dvd. I'm sure he had more than ten great matches, and his match with Angle at WM should've been on there.

Destor
11-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Personally (as some one who has bought 90% of their DVDs,) I really like what they are giving me. The Greatest Managers DVD, The Greatest Wrestling Superstars of the 80's, Jake the Snake, Chris Benoit, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Brian Pillman, The Rise and Fall of ECW, the list goes on. There have been so many quality DVDs put out by the WWE, and I'm eating it up. They have this extensive library of footage, why not make a buck off of it? (Oh yeah, they are releasing a AWA DVD, how can you not love 'em?)

Caged Heat18
11-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Their DVD's of the past few years has been incredible. They generally do them right, and offer a lot of matches that are hard to find. The WWE gets critisized so much, but they deserve a lot of credit for the awesomeness that is their DVDs.

McLegend
11-08-2006, 06:00 PM
I bet you WWE makes good portion of their revenue from DVDS.

Mr. Aristocrat
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
The only thing WWE does right now a days is their DVDs.

Having said that, I think the only DVD I would even consider buying due to my extreme lack of interest in wrestling now-a-days would be if WWE released a Chris Jericho DVD...which I highly doubt will be made in this decade.

Kane Knight
11-08-2006, 06:42 PM
When we get the life and times of the BRooklyn Brawler, we'll talk...

KingofOldSchool
11-08-2006, 06:59 PM
When we get the life and times of the Red Rooster, we'll talk...

Loose Cannon
11-08-2006, 07:09 PM
the only thing I get excited about in wrestling anymore is the DVD's. That's the only sort of cash I've dished out for wrestling.

All there "Best of" DVD's are tremendous. I watch them time and time again.

Loose Cannon
11-08-2006, 07:10 PM
oh and the Dusty Rhodes one has like 5-10 min on his WWE time. It had more on Florida, NWA, WCW days.

Can't wait till this Horsemen and Piper ones

Kane Knight
11-08-2006, 07:16 PM
the only thing I get excited about in wrestling anymore is the DVD's. That's the only sort of cash I've dished out for wrestling.

All there "Best of" DVD's are tremendous. I watch them time and time again.

I'm probably getting a bunch of 'em. compelling angles discussed, entertaining matches, no K-Fed? Everything WWE isn't right now. ;)

Übermensch
11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I would really love to see a DVD on jobbers. Seriously. I know it wouldn't sell well, but it could be really interesting if they made it well. Not really focusing on one person in particular, but following the lives of several people, similar to the Wrestlemania movie.

Hanso Amore
11-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I know hwat you mean, but they have been Great DVDs, so I can give them a pass.

The Dusty DVD was odd at first, thinking he did nothing in the E, but remember, the WWE is made up of the NWA, WCW, WWF and ECW. So its odd seeing NWA dvds under the WWE name, but they do own it.

I think the only iffy release Ive seen recently is a Brian Pillman DVD. He was always >< that close to greatness, but he missed the boat. Definatly a smark DVD.

I would kill to see a DVD on the Heenan Family.

Pinnacle Charisma
11-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah the dvd's that the wwe put out these days area really the only thing I am compleatilly happy with regarding the wwe.

I have enjoyed the ultimate warrior dvd and the monday night wars a hell of alot and many more. I like many others would love a Jericho dvd thats really the only dvd I am still intrested in

Pepsi Man
11-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Not as overboard as TNA. A guy comes in, has less than a year with the company, and we get "best of so and so's career". :|

The Ravishing One
11-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Their DVD's of the past few years has been incredible. They generally do them right, and offer a lot of matches that are hard to find. The WWE gets critisized so much, but they deserve a lot of credit for the awesomeness that is their DVDs.

RP
11-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Some of the ones coming out in 2007 are a bit over the top, think there's only one I'm interested in and that is Stone Cold's one, they should've made a Kurt Angle DVD while they had the chance though. The only ones i've bothered to get so far are Eddie's and Bret's.

You should definetly get Benoit and Pillmans dvd.

RP
11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I hope the Stone Cold dvd has alot of the Hollywood Blondes material. I didnt get to see any of it, but i watched some in the Pillman dvd and i was laughing my ass off. Those guys were a goldmine. What the hell was WCW thinking?

tucsonspeed6
11-09-2006, 12:10 PM
A list of DVDs that would probably be pushing the limit:

"Whatsupwitdat!": the Hurricane story.

"Steve-Who?": the rise and fall of Steve Corino

"Bluhn-duh-taeshk-uh....!": the legend of the Great Khali

Ultimo Dragon's Wrestlemania: The fall that destroyed a career

"I just didn't feel like getting up one day...": The mystery of Jeff Hardy's mysterious 3 year hiatus of mystery.

WWE's greatest entrances: from Michaels' zipline to Cena's gay gangster entrance.

Scooby-Doo and the legend of the Dead Man: featuring the Undertaker

Wrestlemania IX collectors edition

"Scalded Dogs": The rise and fall...and rise and fall...and rise again of JR

The best of the angry foreigners DVD box set.

---More to come later...

owenbrown
11-09-2006, 12:21 PM
"Scalded Dogs": The rise and fall...and rise and fall...and rise again of JR

You should've added "...and Government Mules" to the title as well. :lol: BAHGAWD!

M-A-G
11-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Not as overboard as TNA. A guy comes in, has less than a year with the company, and we get "best of so and so's career". :|

Haha, and they do it as if they were a s*** anyway!

jindrak
11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
You think anyone will be buying DVDs that highlight the WWE post-Attitude Era?

Probably won't be successful. =/

Crippla
11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
WWE would make a DVD about Brakus if they thought it would make them money.

jindrak
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
I'd like to see a Mr. Perfect DVD.

jindrak
11-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Macho Man dvd too.

Crippla
11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I think WWE is doing good with their DVDs. The day I see an Owen Hart DVD, I'll mark out.

Hanso Amore
11-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I think WWE is doing good with their DVDs. The day I see an Owen Hart DVD, I'll mark out.

The ywill never, ever get the rights from his family.