PDA

View Full Version : WWE talent regret re-signing

Crippla
11-11-2006, 06:13 PM
The Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that one current WWE headliner has told close friends recently that he wished he hadn't signed a contract extension with World Wrestling Entertainment for as long as he did as he would prefer to try and jump to TNA for a variety of reasons.

Says one WWE wrestler, "The guys who used to be marks for being in WWE are starting to see TNA as a better place to be. TNA is seen as a viable alternative by more and more guys."

The general feeling among many in WWE is that TNA only has so many "big money spots" and those with longer term deals with WWE feel they will be left without much leverage. It should be noted that WWE has continued to push all of its valued talent to re-sign for at least four months (and sometimes more than six months) before their deals expire to make sure nobody headlining in WWE one week can then turn around and debut for TNA.

This could be good news for TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Wow. Maybe Chris Benoit will jump. That'd be pretty sweet. Chris Jericho is probably more likely to sign with TNA after this. Good news for TNA, indeed.

Testicle
11-11-2006, 06:26 PM
dude, have you seen jericho,

he is like 30 lbs. lighter and has not wrestled in over a year, plus he likes the wwe and has a good relationship with them

as far as benoit signing with them, just what tna needs, another 40 year old wrestler

this is why tna will never compete with wwe

Crippla
11-11-2006, 06:28 PM
So what are you saying about Benoit you twat?

Testicle
11-11-2006, 06:31 PM
that he is 40 and has to retire soon,

plus he has no mic skillz

MLW
11-11-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't think TNA will ever be able to beat WWE...WWE are just way too well known around the world...but I hope that there can come some serious competition that can shake WWE...becouse they need a good shake!

Its illigal to say anything negative about benoit...didn't you know :p

Testicle
11-11-2006, 06:32 PM
plus he is not the kind of wrestler that can have great matchs with everyone,

he has to wrestle certain wrestlers and that is a huge drawback

and dont call me a twat, you twat

Crippla
11-11-2006, 06:33 PM

He is probably the best wrestler on the roster, he's not mr. personality but he can cut a promo. He also plays both a good heel and a good face. If anyone deserves the title again, it's him.

Testicle
11-11-2006, 06:34 PM
and teddy brushci sucks

MLW
Whats a Twat?

Crippla

You better be a sock that's trying to fuck with me because if you're not, I'm not gonna like you.

Crippla
11-11-2006, 06:35 PM
and teddy brushci sucks
Destor. :rofl: You fucking piece of shit...

Testicle
11-11-2006, 06:36 PM
what are you laughing about, teddy does suck

you must have something for over the hill and overrated people

and im just screwing with ya, nothing personal

Crippla
11-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Tedy Bruschi is probably the most underrated linebacker of all time and he can still play despite having a stroke. Benoit is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. You are a sock so I'm just gonna ignore your attempts at starting shit with me.

Testicle
11-11-2006, 06:40 PM
look, all i mean is that getting benoit is not going to help tna, they need to utilize their young talent

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2006, 06:42 PM
dude, have you seen jericho,

he is like 30 lbs. lighter and has not wrestled in over a year, plus he likes the wwe and has a good relationship with them

as far as benoit signing with them, just what tna needs, another 40 year old wrestler

this is why tna will never compete with wwe

Shawn Michaels didn't wrestle for four years. Jericho could easily put the weight on again, and who cares if he didn't? It isn't the WWE, skills speak more than physique there.

The whole point of this thread is that the WWE is going to shit, and TNA is looking like a better place to work. Guys who used to be considered "I <3 WWE" guys are now looking to TNA. Jericho must have at least considering TNA, and now he's going to consider it a whole lot more.

And Chris Benoit is fucking fantastic. He'll be able to put on a better match than 80% of the roster when he is 80 years old. He can cut a promo. So he doesn't play with vocal levels, or utilise too much comedy, he's got the whole "I will make you SQUEAL!" shit going on. Scary dude.

You're a Test fan, as am I, but let's be honest: What promo skills does Test have that Benoit doesn't have? Exactly. There are different styles, and Benoit works his perfectly.

Testicle
11-11-2006, 06:44 PM
you are right about the test thing

i just dont want tna to turn into wcw and sign old wwe talent

ron the dial
11-11-2006, 06:49 PM
I think that it might be too late for that.

Lock Jaw
11-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I bet it's Mark Henry. WWE will drive him to TNA. Once there, he will injure all their talent. Thus, squashing this upstart company.

Dorkchop
11-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Hasn't Benoit signed a new deal with the WWE? Also Benoit can have a good match with anyone. I remember him having a great match with Viscera. VISCERA!

If TNA can smarten the fuck up, it can eventually directly compete with the WWE. WWE will then smarten the fuck up and try and kick TNA's ass. Eve if this were to happen and TNA gets its ass kicked, I'd be happy because they'd be trying really hard and producing some great wrestling matches and shows.

Londoner
11-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Hasn't Benoit signed a new deal with the WWE? Also Benoit can have a good match with anyone. I remember him having a great match with Viscera. VISCERA!

Yeah he signed a lifetime deal with the company I think. Seems to be the only one who fits this article don't you think? The clue also is in 'one current WWE headliner'. And yes, he can have a great match with anyone.

If TNA can smarten the fuck up, it can eventually directly compete with the WWE. WWE will then smarten the fuck up and try and kick TNA's ass. Eve if this were to happen and TNA gets its ass kicked, I'd be happy because they'd be trying really hard and producing some great wrestling matches and shows.

Hmmm, maybe that's why TNA are trying to play dumb? Maybe they know that if they step up a gear WWE will kill them by stepping up a level to, so instead they may just be waiting for a bit until WWE really is in the shitter and then smarten the fuck up. Heh, it's a long shot but possible....

Rammsteinmad
11-11-2006, 08:51 PM
plus he is not the kind of wrestler that can have great matchs with everyone.

Benoit got a good match out of Sid Vicious. Twice.

Benoit got a watchable match out of Mark Henry.

I tend not to argue and insult people online, but soon as you said bad things about my favourite wrestler...

Twat. :foc:

Kane Knight
11-11-2006, 09:37 PM

Your first name is mark, init?

Fox
11-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I heard that the wrestler in question here is none other than Rob Van Dam.

Hanso Amore
11-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Its the WWE calendar.

Most guys will take the pay cut to work 200 days less a year, and just book indy gigs. Good mone ycan be made if you book yourself right in the indies. Daniels and Styles make bank, they keep busy, but they work their own schedule. FOr a guy that has been on the road for like 10 years, they know they can use their name they made in the WWE to pull in decent money indy style.

Lara Emily
11-12-2006, 12:51 AM

:wtf: Benoit is one of those guys that can carry a mop to a 5 star match.

Blitz
11-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Fuck's sake people, it's clearly Crippla.

Mr. Aristocrat
11-12-2006, 02:14 AM
:nono: Crippla has a sock...and I am still convinced Crippla is himself a retarded sock. A sock of a sock. DAMN YOU!

ron the dial
11-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Who gives a fuck about a sock? Get over it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2006, 02:59 AM
I heard that the wrestler in question here is none other than Rob Van Dam.

That wouldn't surprise me. The guy's stock in the WWE has dropped dramatically, but he could arguably shake up the wrestling world if he jumped ship. If I were RVD, I'd want to jump to TNA, too.

Rammsteinmad
11-12-2006, 05:52 AM
Rob Van Dam VS Christopher Daniels. :drool:

OR

Rob Van Dam VS A.J Styles :drool:

Afterlife
11-12-2006, 06:20 AM
I think the biggest reason to assume it's Benoit, is the fact that he just got back from a sebaticle. He took his break because he was burnt out from the road. Now that he's back in the daily drudges again, he's reminded of the pace that drained him, and makes an offhand remark about his job the way any of us would after a vacation from our own employ.

That's just a theory, of course. I could be wrong.

Crippla
11-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Fuck's sake people, it's clearly Crippla.
In all honesty, it's not me. Ask a mod. I could do better but my socks are obvious, it isn't me.

Chavo Classic
11-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Benoit in TNA would be like Bret Hart in WCW.

Dorkchop
11-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Who gives a fuck about a sock? Get over it.

Foley?

Afterlife
11-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Foley?

I like you. :lol:

Blue Demon
11-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Foley?
:lol:

ron the dial
11-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Foley?
You are the winner.

I Love Alexandria
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I think everyone should Realize that If TNA starts to make competetion with WWE Vince will just buy them out like WcW

KayfabeMan
11-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I think that that sentiment is coming from a lot of the boys over there. I've recently spoken to a few guys, not headliners - but WWE'ers nonetheless, who are echoing the regret that they have deals right now, because they would like to make a jump. So it's not just guys at the top.

Fox
11-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I think everyone should Realize that If TNA starts to make competetion with WWE Vince will just buy them out like WcW

Good call. Nobody should ever try to compete with McMahon again. What the fuck are they thinking down there in Florida?

:|

TerranRich
11-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Honestly, I think the article is talking about the Miz.

Afterlife
11-13-2006, 12:21 AM
That's not honest.

Fignuts
11-13-2006, 01:50 AM
look, all i mean is that getting benoit is not going to help tna, they need to utilize their young talent

Yeah, when they have young guys with great mic skills like chris sabin, jay lethal, and senshi, what do they need a colorless guy like Benoit for?

Kane Knight
11-13-2006, 08:21 AM

I think you should look into WCW, and how they were "bought out," and then reassess this statement.

Kane Knight
11-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Good call. Nobody should ever try to compete with McMahon again. What the fuck are they thinking down there in Florida?

:|

Howabout we compromise? You're both being retarded. :)

MLW
11-13-2006, 08:29 AM
uh uh it is definately MVP :rofl:

tucsonspeed6
11-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Look at it like this: TNA starts signing bigger names due to their great schedules and work environment. They start bringing in new fans, but the downside is now the WWE guys say, "Hey, I'm bigger talent than that Abyss guy," and demand slightly more money than TNA is willing to give. It begins to beg the question, "Why lose out on the extra money you can get by being on the road while paying more for bigger names that draw in more fans?" Eventually staying in one spot will be a double edge sword. You're losing out on the new fans money while more guys with bigger names want to come in. Eventually they'll have to move around and work the guys harder to start drawing in the big bucks that McMahon does.