PDA

View Full Version : EAs Skate looks a lot better than THP8

#BROKEN Hasney
11-18-2006, 07:31 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/17/skate-footage-impresses-asks-tony-who/

Theres a nice little video embedded there showing some guys playing it on 360. After THP8 was shit, I cannot wait for this!

Xero
09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
First Skate thread I saw, so Bump.

Downloaded the demo. Holy shit it feels fresh and awesome. I had started to stray away from THPS after 4 because I felt that it all felt the same. After playing the demo for Skate I know I'm going to pick it up.

It takes a bit of getting used to the stick control (I'm really glad EA is putting it into more games), but it's MUCH more intuitive, MUCH smoother and overall an awesome experience. The only thing I have a problem with is the camera angle, it feels too close. Overall, though, I feel the gameplay owns the THPS series up and down.

My favorite overall feature is the fact you don't have to manual/grind between every fucking move to connect a line. It's timed.

OssMan
09-12-2007, 08:41 PM
do tony hawk games get boring after you play 7 of them. last one i played was underground n i played it for like one night, ok

Blitz
09-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I played the demo. Yeah the controls feel a little bit awkward at first, but it feels much smoother after a bit. And I have a greater sense of accomplishment when I land big tricks.

Disturbed316
09-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Played the demo and it it looked great, but couldn't get my head around the controls. Its a good idea, but after playing so much TH, I found it abit hard to pick up.

Blitz
09-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Actually, I went and played the THPG demo and found it hard to get back into after playing Skate for a while.

FakeLaser
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I am unstoppable at THPS, though I haven't played one since Underground.

Bad Company
09-13-2007, 07:14 PM
I LOL @ EA being the ones to come up with something new and fresh, considering the THPS Franchise got so stale and rehashed. Irony is killing me.

Dorkchop
09-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I found even that Tony Hawk 3 got boring after a couple of days. It's not that they're bad games, I just find them pretty much all the same.

Kane Knight
09-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Looks decent, but I don't "get" these games.

Kalyx triaD
09-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Let me tell you why skate. gets my cash later on down the line. I spent ten minutes trying to nail a kickflip to a 50-50 grind, and the remainder of the demo's time limit screwing with the replay. That sense of accomplishment hasn't been felt in a Tony Hawk game in a looooong time. Playing the recent TH demo, I see nothing's really changed. I've been down with the Hawk games since the Pro Skater era on PSone, but I'm not such a fanboy that I don't recognize a better game when I play one.

skate. wins.