PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit as WCW Champion

the wwe champion
11-18-2006, 03:16 PM
After Benoit won the WCW title, did he give up the title inorder to move to the wwf or was he stripped of the belt?

:wave: The One

Disturbed316
11-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Basically, Benoit was out of contract/incredibly pissed off and decided to leave. WCW Management tried everything to get him to stay, including giving Benoit the World Title.

But Benoit wasn't having any of it and still left. WCW then came up with a shitty story about Sid's foot being under the rope so the title change shouldn't have happened. As Double A was the special ref, they got him to 'admit' he made the wrong call.

Rammsteinmad
11-18-2006, 06:11 PM
I have to admit though, Sid's foot really was under the rope though. And I guess it shoulda called for a break.

Also, prior to Benoit winning the title, Kevin Nash had defeated Terry Funk to become the WCW Commishiner (Sp?). After Benoit won the title there was a short promo backstage where Nash said Benoit was gonna be stripped of the title, or his life would be hell or something.

Rammsteinmad
11-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Also, I personally reckon the reason half the roster came out during the match to "show respect" was to show to Benoit for WCW to show how much his peers respect him and want him to stay.

Chavo Classic
11-19-2006, 09:42 AM
If I never read another one of your incoherent posts again I will die a happy man

The One
11-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Why are you waving at me?

TOVO Fact: Tovo finds the wwe champion to be annoying at best.

Savio
11-25-2006, 03:53 PM
:wave: The one

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2006, 06:48 PM
If I never read another one of your incoherent posts again I will die a happy man

Huh? Is that aimed at me? Or WWE Champion?

The One
11-25-2006, 07:21 PM
:wave: The one

Hi Buddy! :wave:

TOVO Fact: Tovo still doesn't know why wwe champion felt compelled to wave at him.

OverTaker
11-28-2006, 10:33 AM
:wave: at your forum friends.

TerranRich
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
WHAT THE FUCK IS TOVO!!! Explain or be scolded harshly!

Rob
11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Basically, Benoit was out of contract/incredibly pissed off and decided to leave. WCW Management tried everything to get him to stay, including giving Benoit the World Title.

But Benoit wasn't having any of it and still left. WCW then came up with a shitty story about Sid's foot being under the rope so the title change shouldn't have happened. As Double A was the special ref, they got him to 'admit' he made the wrong call.

Sid was told by Kevin Sullivan to get his foot under the rope for the finish.

El Fangel
11-28-2006, 05:57 PM
:wave: at your forum friends.
:wave:

M-A-G
11-29-2006, 09:28 PM

What Rob said. Sid's foot WAS under the ropes. And after Benoit vamoosed they just used that as an excuse as to why the title was going to be held up.

Nervous Ferret
11-30-2006, 12:49 AM
The
One
Version
One

TerranRich
11-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Oh God.

Then call me Terran Rich And Several Hecklers. Cuz I'm a group all on my own, baby!!