PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye Coming Back

DS
02-14-2004, 12:04 AM
There's been an article on gamesindustry.biz about EA remaking GoldenEye for next gen consoles and it's apparently true. I don't know if it will be the exact same game or what but I'd guess it would follow the same basis.

el fregadero
02-14-2004, 12:07 AM
<font color=teal>GoldenEye was a pretty cool game. I would like to see them bring it back.</font>

G
02-14-2004, 12:07 AM
It better be the EXACT, and I do mean exact, engine and gameplay, just with next-gen graphics, otherwise they'll just butcher the Goldeneye name. :mad:

DS
02-14-2004, 12:08 AM
It better be the EXACT, and I do mean exact, engine and gameplay, just with next-gen graphics, otherwise they'll just butcher the Goldeneye name. :mad:
I'm pretty sure it will be.

G
02-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Well then I look forward to it. :y:

DS
02-14-2004, 12:10 AM
IDK

Kind of sounds like a new game with the GoldenEye name. Will have to wait for E3 to see what is up.

G
02-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Nah, you know what. RARE needs to remake it. Not those pussy bitches at EA. Remember TWINE on the 64?

Horrible. :nono:

G
02-14-2004, 12:12 AM
This is going to suck. I can feel it.

So far EA hasn't had one winning shot with a Bond game.

road doggy dogg
02-14-2004, 12:14 AM
It would make no sense at all for them to make a new Goldeneye game, since the movie is so old. If that were the case, they'd just make a game based on the newest Bond movie or whatever.

By the sounds of it, it sounds like it will be a remake of the N64 game, which would ****ING RULE ASS.

Somewhat related, whatever happened with Rare? After Perfect Dark, I remember hearing they were jumping over to X-Box and making a new PD game for that. Anything new about that? Or has it already been released without me knowing ?:o

G
02-14-2004, 12:16 AM
I think they just dissapeared after Perfect Dark. Not to sure though.

All those other wannabe companys need to take a good look at what RARE has done with FPS'.

Joeleosis
02-14-2004, 01:21 AM
Didn't Rare keep making Cartoon'esque games like Conker and Donkey Kong? :o

road doggy dogg
02-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Yeah Rare did the Donkey Kong Country games, I know that...

Silent
02-14-2004, 01:30 AM
RARE did Banjo Kazooie, Conkers bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong Country series and 64, Perfect Dark..

Splaya
02-15-2004, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=G][color=#00ff00]I think they just dissapeared after Perfect Dark. Not to sure though.
/
QUOTE]

Well it all started when HHH found out RARE did not want to make a game about him. So when that was decided, he decided to bury the whole staff of RA.....oh sorry wrong forum :(

mitchables
02-15-2004, 03:32 AM
Rare is under contract to Microsoft for the XBox and are currently upgrading Conker's Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark for the XBox console.

mitchables
02-15-2004, 03:33 AM
[QUOTE=G][color=#00ff00]I think they just dissapeared after Perfect Dark. Not to sure though.
/
QUOTE]

Well it all started when HHH found out RARE did not want to make a game about him. So when that was decided, he decided to bury the whole staff of RA.....oh sorry wrong forum :(

*SMACK*

TheNamelessOne
02-15-2004, 09:02 AM
As far as I know, EA could be doing one of two things.

1: A complete remake. Good idea, take the old game and improve it to meet todays standards, and add some new stuff. Im fine with this.

2: Take the old game, and just remake it based on their current James Bond game style. Bad idea. The best 007 game is still Goldeneye, just because of the way it was all implemented. If EA made a new game with the same sort of implementation, it would kick ass. However they are not doing that at the moment. Current Bond games are short, usually linear and nowhere near as fun.

However, I think EA should use Goldeneye as a template for future games. **** remaking it, just do what RARE did, except on a different Bond storyline.

Vega
02-15-2004, 04:38 PM
If they kept it exactly the same except for much better graphics, and maybe added some more levels it would rule. Maybe a few more features like uploading your own music.

Ninti the Mad
02-15-2004, 05:26 PM
They would need to improve Goldeneye's shitty controlability.

Funky Fly
02-15-2004, 09:35 PM
They would need to improve Goldeneye's shitty controlability.

I like the Goldeneye controls much better than anything EA has ever done.

I'm more concerned about them fixing the shooting through walls bug. It always sucked when to try to hide behind a door and surprise someone, then they see your hand and gun sticking through it and just shoot through the door. And with the laser, you could shoot through walls from time to time.

DS
02-15-2004, 09:38 PM
On a side note, the new Everything or Nothing is suppose to be better then any of the James Bond games yet. Sounds pretty good.

Buzzkill
02-15-2004, 09:56 PM

They would need the rights to the old Goldeneye engine in order to use it, and that belongs to rare (microsoft now). And they wouldnt be able to use nex-gen graphics with that engine really

Champion of Europa
02-28-2004, 09:57 PM
A article I found on gamespot:

After weeks of speculation, the publisher announces a sequel to the N64 classic. In a twist, the spy actioner will let gamers become Bond villains.

Ending a flurry of rumors, Electronic Arts announced today that a sequel to the classic N64 James Bond shooter GoldenEye is in the works. Development of the game is already under way at EA's Los Angeles studio, and the game is due on "multiple platforms" this fall.

EA making GoldenEye 2

After weeks of speculation, the publisher announces a sequel to the N64 classic. In a twist, the spy actioner will let gamers become Bond villains.

Ending a flurry of rumors, Electronic Arts announced today that a sequel to the classic N64 James Bond shooter GoldenEye is in the works. Development of the game is already under way at EA's Los Angeles studio, and the game is due on "multiple platforms" this fall.

"We look forward to continued success with this fall's release of a new chapter in the Bond saga and the creation of another blockbuster franchise in GoldenEye 2," said Travis Rutherford, senior vice president of MGM consumer products and interactive. MGM produces the James Bond film franchise.

While the existence of James Bond 007: GoldenEye 2 was something of an open secret in the industry, EA's announcement surprised many. In a twist that's sure to thrill anyone who has ever rooted for the bad guy at the movies, GoldenEye 2 will let "players become the ultimate villain in the Bond universe," according to EA President and COO John Riccitiello.

GoldenEye 2's story will follow a British secret agent who is dismissed from MI6's '00' (double-O) program for "reckless brutality." Like the fallen spy played by Sean Bean in GoldenEye the film, players will soon enter the criminal underworld. Eventually, they'll link up with Auric Goldfinger, considered by many to be the best Bond villain ever from the film that bears his name, Goldfinger. The game's goal will be to seize control of the "world's greatest criminal organization," which is presumably the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. crime syndicate. GameSpot will have more details on the game as they become available.

-----------

Nifty.

road doggy dogg
02-29-2004, 03:46 AM
I like the Goldeneye controls much better than anything EA has ever done.

I'm more concerned about them fixing the shooting through walls bug. It always sucked when to try to hide behind a door and surprise someone, then they see your hand and gun sticking through it and just shoot through the door. And with the laser, you could shoot through walls from time to time.

I think that was more an N64 problem than Goldeneye :p

thebitch
02-29-2004, 07:43 AM
A article I found on gamespot:

EA making GoldenEye 2

"We look forward to continued success with this fall's release of a new chapter in the Bond saga and the creation of another blockbuster franchise in GoldenEye 2," said Travis Rutherford, senior vice president of MGM consumer products and interactive. MGM produces the James Bond film franchise.

While the existence of James Bond 007: GoldenEye 2 was something of an open secret in the industry, EA's announcement surprised many. In a twist that's sure to thrill anyone who has ever rooted for the bad guy at the movies, GoldenEye 2 will let "players become the ultimate villain in the Bond universe," according to EA President and COO John Riccitiello.

GoldenEye 2's story will follow a British secret agent who is dismissed from MI6's '00' (double-O) program for "reckless brutality." Like the fallen spy played by Sean Bean in GoldenEye the film, players will soon enter the criminal underworld. Eventually, they'll link up with Auric Goldfinger, considered by many to be the best Bond villain ever from the film that bears his name, Goldfinger. The game's goal will be to seize control of the "world's greatest criminal organization," which is presumably the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. crime syndicate. GameSpot will have more details on the game as they become available.

-----------

Nifty.

Awesomeness. Finally, a game where I can kill bond :drool:

The Destroyer
02-29-2004, 08:35 AM
So basically the game has nothing to do with Goldeneye then? Since it's being made by a totally different developer, is set in a totally different time frame and is basically just a cheap attempt to cash in on the name? :?:

Optik
02-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Seems thats the case steven...

Funky Fly
02-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I think that was more an N64 problem than Goldeneye :p

LIES! :mad:

JJ Moore
03-05-2004, 08:15 AM
looking at a 2005 release date form gamesindustry.biz

G
11-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Looks good. Probably gonna get it. :y:

Drakul
11-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Somewhat related, whatever happened with Rare? After Perfect Dark, I remember hearing they were jumping over to X-Box and making a new PD game for that. Anything new about that? Or has it already been released without me knowing ?:o

I read in a magazine (PLAY.Not sure what issue) that there either bankrupt or Microsoft bought them.
I looked for them on google.There still there :y: www.rareware.com

VJW
11-20-2004, 12:23 AM
I'll probably rent it since I enjoyed Everything Or Nothing.

King Jericho
11-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Nah, RARE needs to remake it.

It's not GoldenEye without Rare....and Nintendo for that matter.

Y2Ant
11-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah i'm gonna get it for PS2, hopefully a few people will be up for some online gaming :o

RoXer
11-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Hopefully, it will be dial-up :o

Gouda
11-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Goldeneye for the N64 was the only FPS I have ever liked.

G
11-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Saw a commercial for it. Gonna be hottttttt