PDA

View Full Version : The Boogeyman

D Mac
11-24-2006, 07:59 PM
So, he's been back for a couple of weeks. Are we actually going to see him wrestle a good match anytime soon or is he going to remain a sideshow stalking midcarders?

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2006, 08:04 PM
He's been working pretty well with The Miz. They seem to be getting him to work a lot more, so I'd say they're going to be evaluating him pretty closely.

I think a feud with Finlay would help identify whether or not The Boogeyman is worth the cash.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-24-2006, 08:35 PM
I like the guy. I know he hasn't done much *cough anything cough* of interest aside from having that psuedo stalker thing with Booker, but I am still fond of him. I'm curious to see where he goes. :y:

Afterlife
11-25-2006, 05:46 AM
He's crap. I solidly doubt his ability to do anything at all that involves entertainment value beyond the fourth grade level. He seems to basically refuse to wrestle, and he's got the same fear factor that the show 'Fear Factor' had, which is ultimately just being gross and stupid.

Kane Knight
11-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Look at who the Champion is on Raw. Look at who's getting the biggest pushes on Raw...DX, Cena, Umaga, for example. Guys who beat "cock" jokes to death, a guy who's a cartoon superman who makes little more than gay and poopy jokes, and a boring lardass with some stereotypical over-the-top gimmick and a finisher only a child would believe.

I'm not convinced that WWE isn't trying for the fourth grade audience, but I'm sure convinced they're not trying for an adult audience.

Smackdown, traditionally, has actually been the more kiddie show, too.
It's amazing we don't have 15 boogeymen on the show. Actually, moving him over to Raw and having him feud with Umaga would be the best move I can name.

Kane Knight
11-25-2006, 09:23 AM
...Short of, you know, firing him, which WWE won't likely do...

Testicle
11-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I am bad at picking up sarcasam, but they already fired him and rehired him

Kane Knight
11-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Which means SFA in the scheme of things. The fact that they'd rehire him like a week later really does indicate they're not about to let him go.

Testicle
11-25-2006, 10:59 AM
good point

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
I've never liked Boogeyman. Not even when he started out and people here were all "lol, this is great"... or "wow, his entrance is awesome". It never appealed to me. His stuff with William Regal... his stuff with Booker T... and now the Miz. It doesn't interest me one bit.

And considering this is only his third major feud, he's already as stale as the Undertaker.

D Mac
11-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Seriously when The Miz clotheslined him a couple of times that's the only time I've seen him take any bumps.

Londoner
11-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I've got two words for ya:

He sucks.

Testicle
11-25-2006, 01:35 PM
the miz or boogeyman

owenbrown
11-25-2006, 01:46 PM
WWE. It sucks. The End.

Londoner
11-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Test4champ- Both of them, but i was talking about the boogeyman.

Kane Knight
11-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I've never liked Boogeyman. Not even when he started out and people here were all "lol, this is great"... or "wow, his entrance is awesome". It never appealed to me. His stuff with William Regal... his stuff with Booker T... and now the Miz. It doesn't interest me one bit.

And considering this is only his third major feud, he's already as stale as the Undertaker.

I thought he was kinda funny at first. Then he went to eating worms, and I saw him in ring, and I got bored REALLY fast.

That entrance was just fucking awful, anyway.

Testicle
11-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Its pretty cool when he shatters the clock over his head

Kane Knight
11-25-2006, 03:32 PM
It was pretty cool when he'd just appear random places. When he showed up when John Cena was randomly opening doors, that was pretty much "damn" before there was a "damn."

AdrianM
11-25-2006, 08:13 PM
I'd rather they booked boogeyman differently than they book anyone else.

It shouldn't be traditional feud. The best part of the boogeyman is when he just surprises ppl...like when he redebuted 4 the 1st time against the miz.

Still I pop like a mother-fucker whenever he comes on still

Fox
11-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Saw him last night and I actually really enjoyed his segment with Miz and the ref. The fact that he spewed worms on the ref and then chokeslammed him, when he was about to win, makes him a very interesting and scary character. He doesn't give a FUCK about wrestling. He just wants to hurt/scare/gross out people.

Boogeyman has a very distinct look and the dude really is fucking scary to look at. The problem is that he just hasn't had a good feud to work with.

I heard he was great in OVW under Heyman tho.

ChiefStubbs
11-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Boogeyman is a very stereotypical character. All the people with red and black facepaint that eat worms are suing because not all their people smash clocks over their heads.

McLegend
11-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Wait a mintue people actually want to see Boogeyman wrestle?

I am very disappointed with you Diesel Mac.

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Saw him last night and I actually really enjoyed his segment with Miz and the ref. The fact that he spewed worms on the ref and then chokeslammed him, when he was about to win, makes him a very interesting and scary character. He doesn't give a FUCK about wrestling. He just wants to hurt/scare/gross out people.

Boogeyman has a very distinct look and the dude really is fucking scary to look at. The problem is that he just hasn't had a good feud to work with.

Youy can't have a good feud with one good wrestler. And since this jackass doesn't "give a FUCK about wrestling", I don't see him getting anywhere. The worms are gross, the walk is stupid, the entrance is way too extravegant for a character with no depth.

And as for OVW...come on, man. Anyone is great under Heyman.

Testicle
11-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Youy can't have a good feud with one good wrestler. And since this jackass doesn't "give a FUCK about wrestling", I don't see him getting anywhere. The worms are gross, the walk is stupid, the entrance is way too extravegant for a character with no depth.

And as for OVW...come on, man. Anyone is great under Heyman.

could you tell me who said the "give a fuck about wrestling" part

and the heyman part is not true, heidenrich was still shitty when he was with heyman

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:01 AM

^----He said 'give a fuck'. And as for Heidenreich...He was kinda doomed from the start. I did forget about Heyman working with him, but, to be fair, Heidenreich was billed as a maniac, and then used a shoulder breaker as a finisher. Just didn't make a ton of sense from the get-go.

Testicle
11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
so boogeyman said he didn't give a fuck about wrestling, its just hard for me to believe someone would be this dumb

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:13 AM
so boogeyman said he didn't give a fuck about wrestling, its just hard for me to believe someone would be this dumb

Uh...no. He's talking about the fact that the character is crazy. Not Marty Wright. The feeling one takes home from watching a Boogeyman 'segment' is that he's not there to wrestle; he's there to be a child.

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Besides, the quote I posted showed that Fox said it, not Boogeyman. Pay attention.

Testicle
11-27-2006, 12:20 AM
sorry:'(

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:22 AM
No prob. :) Just keepin' you on your toes. :y:

Kane Knight
11-27-2006, 09:52 AM
could you tell me who said the "give a fuck about wrestling" part

and the heyman part is not true, heidenrich was still shitty when he was with heyman

Heidenreich wasn't actually being booked by Heyman at that point. He was a manager.

Also, the reason WWE fired Wright really could be boilded down to not giving a shit, so it might be true for the wrestler. However, as Fox was talking about the character, that's neither here nor there.

Testicle
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
My bad, I was not reading very carefully:(

Rammsteinmad
11-27-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't care about the wrestler or the character. It's too fucking childish for pro wrestling. If I wanted to see a boogeyman I'd watch Goosebumps or whatever the fuck is on TV these days.

Kane Knight
11-27-2006, 01:07 PM
My bad, I was not reading very carefully:(

I didn't either. I actually said "boilded."

:rofl:

I'm dyslexic. Another similar one, too, though I can never remember the name.

Kane Knight
11-27-2006, 01:13 PM
I don't care about the wrestler or the character. It's too fucking childish for pro wrestling. If I wanted to see a boogeyman I'd watch Goosebumps or whatever the fuck is on TV these days.

The problem is, rassling's getting more childish anyway. It's not too childish for wrestling, it's too childish for you.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-27-2006, 02:31 PM
and a boring lardass with some stereotypical over-the-top gimmick and a finisher only a child would believe.

I find this funny, since in theory, Umaga has one of the few actual "realistic" finishers.

Rammsteinmad
11-27-2006, 03:04 PM
The problem is, rassling's getting more childish anyway. It's not too childish for wrestling, it's too childish for you.

Meh, I guess you're right. :-\

Kane Knight
11-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I find this funny, since in theory, Umaga has one of the few actual "realistic" finishers.

Unfortunately, effective and "looks good on TV" are two different things.

I can make someone tap out with an armbar. Literally. The two fights I've gotten into since I've been involved in Aiki Jujutsu have ended with me holding a guy on the ground in an armbar and him screaming.

Doesn't mean in wrestling, it's a useful move. Every jobber can pull it off.

Stickman
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Boogeyman and wrestle in the same sentence?

Stickman
11-27-2006, 03:49 PM
My vote for wrestling's worst nickname....Boogeyman.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately, effective and "looks good on TV" are two different things.

I can make someone tap out with an armbar. Literally. The two fights I've gotten into since I've been involved in Aiki Jujutsu have ended with me holding a guy on the ground in an armbar and him screaming.

Doesn't mean in wrestling, it's a useful move. Every jobber can pull it off.

I do love how in wrestling believable is never believable. No one will ever tap out to a keylock, but they will bend over for 30 seconds after a boot to the stomach.

I would laugh my ass off if there was a gimmich that's only purpose was to not follow along with wrestling cliche.

Kane Knight
11-27-2006, 10:57 PM
I do love how in wrestling believable is never believable. No one will ever tap out to a keylock, but they will bend over for 30 seconds after a boot to the stomach.

I would laugh my ass off if there was a gimmich that's only purpose was to not follow along with wrestling cliche.

That'd be pretty funny.

I've argued with wrestling marks before over what'd be more painful, and it really is a case of "the shit that would never work in real life" is always the stuff they think comes out on top. Maybe not the big boot, or leg drop, but A lot of moves are supposedly "powerful." I've even demonstrated some simple wrist lock stuff, and asked them to resist. I'm not a master...I don't even have my first stripe, thanks to a shoulder/neck injury...But I can drop someone to their knees pretty effectively with moves that aren't showy.

MMA's a pretty good example of what works, though. A lot of the finishers aren't flashy. Hell, most of the finishers are moves a ton of guys use. You don't need a 360-degree-extreme-senton-uranage-toe-lock to make people tap. You just need a good sense of joint manipulation.

Afterlife
11-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Or a mouthful of worms.