PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me why Gamespot's been so slow with the reviews, lately?

Funky Fly
11-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah, what's the deal? They usually have a review out on or the day after after a game is available to the public. Lately, tho, it's a week or more before the review is ready... if there's any review at all. :n:

I go to other gaming sites for reviews, too, but Gamespot's always been the best as far as a guide me. :(

DS
11-25-2006, 07:19 PM
This weekend in particular they are off of work so they don't usually update but since the huge surge in game releases, PS3, Wii, and huge holiday titles, I would say they are just falling behind.

Dorkchop
11-25-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm going to guess it's taking them so long because there's so much going on with video games right now, it's hard to have reviews the day of or the next day. New consoles, games (some awesome games), stories and all that shit are probably the cause of delays. Also, they changed a little bit to their forums, but I don't think that really had anything to do with the delays.

I don't trust their reviews, though. I've trusted them before, and ended up spending money on games I didn't really like. I read and post in their forums though.

Fignuts
11-25-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm guessing because they are having a gay orgy.

Funky Fly
11-25-2006, 10:22 PM
This weekend in particular they are off of work so they don't usually update but since the huge surge in game releases, PS3, Wii, and huge holiday titles, I would say they are just falling behind.
It's a possibility, but it's been going on for a good while now. Even if they had advance PS3s, Wiis and games, they should still have had enough time to review games a little faster. With games like Phantasy Star Universe, I can understand because you might need to wait till there are others with the game, so you can test the online part, but what about ish like Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Guitar Hero 2? They don't take a hell of a lot of effort to learn, and you can probably get through the entire game if you dedicate and entire day solely to that game. A review would take like a half hour at most to write. But both those games took forever to get reviewed AND M:UA's review was just copy and pasted from the 360 review. :n:

I'm going to guess it's taking them so long because there's so much going on with video games right now, it's hard to have reviews the day of or the next day. New consoles, games (some awesome games), stories and all that shit are probably the cause of delays. Also, they changed a little bit to their forums, but I don't think that really had anything to do with the delays.

I don't trust their reviews, though. I've trusted them before, and ended up spending money on games I didn't really like. I read and post in their forums though.
I don't really bother with their forums. I get all my gaming goodness right here at TPWW :D:y: (*crowd pop*). Also, sorry about your wasted cash, everyone's tastes are different, so visit multiple review sites.:wavesad:

I'm guessing because they are having a gay orgy.
Probably.

DS
11-25-2006, 11:28 PM
The Ultimate Alliance one I can see but Guitar Hero 2's review was posted day of release. Unless there's a noticeable difference in the game I see that they just use the same review for each version. I know what you mean though but I think that it's just because there's been so much to review lately.

Silent
11-25-2006, 11:37 PM
I prefer 1up.com's reviews personally.

Fox
11-25-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm going with the gay orgy scenario.

V
11-26-2006, 12:21 AM
with the launch of 2 systems they are very busy

gamespot has lost all of my respect after it gave Zelda: TP an 8.8i

i've always used IGN tho

Dorkchop
11-26-2006, 12:46 AM
with the launch of 2 systems they are very busy

gamespot has lost all of my respect after it gave Zelda: TP an 8.8i

i've always used IGN tho

I can see why they gave it an 8.8 (which is still a very good score), but it's still the lowest score I've seen for it. I imagine the Gamecube version will probably get a 10. It's funny how nuts nerds went over that score. The reviewer literally got threats. Fucking nerds. From what I've played, I'd say it deserves at least a 9... and I'm not even a Zelda fan.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-26-2006, 04:42 AM
I can see why they gave it an 8.8 (which is still a very good score), but it's still the lowest score I've seen for it. I imagine the Gamecube version will probably get a 10. It's funny how nuts nerds went over that score. The reviewer literally got threats. Fucking nerds. From what I've played, I'd say it deserves at least a 9... and I'm not even a Zelda fan.

I wasn't too bothered about the score myself. Obviously I would have scored it higher but the main problem is the score after reading the entire review. His only real complaint is the graphics? So thats worth 1.2 entire points even if the game is a joy to play? Thats why I don't like their reviews...

Fignuts
11-26-2006, 04:46 AM
They did make a couple good points, but not enough to drop it below a 9, imo.

Requiem
11-26-2006, 05:50 AM
They had some valid complaints about the Wii-mote controls too. I think it's hilarious that people are freaking out about a whole .2 difference. 8.8 is good.. :roll:

Kapoutman
11-26-2006, 11:19 PM
I check out gamerankings.com to see what everybody thinks, then read a couple of reviews before deciding myself. Even though they don't post that many reviews, insidepulse.com does have an honest opinion.