PDA

View Full Version : Why don't they do title changes on RAW/SD anymore?

The Naitch
12-03-2006, 03:37 AM
World or WWE titles

They used to do that more often before

Afterlife
12-03-2006, 06:31 AM
They also have a ppv every three weeks nowadays.

Londoner
12-03-2006, 06:32 AM
They have done the ic title and tag titles changes recently on raw. There's not enough main eventers to keep changing the wwe/ world titles on the normal shows though, plus, there are less shows for that to happen on.

Team Sheep
12-03-2006, 08:07 AM
I guess it's just a way to make the PPV's more prestigious and to get more PPV buys.

Kane Knight
12-03-2006, 08:07 AM
They barely even do title changes on PPVs. This isn't always a bad thing.

Corkscrewed
12-03-2006, 09:08 AM
They've almost never done Title changes on SD (total is like... what... three times in SD's 6-7 year history?). And I can only remember about an equal amount of World/WWE Title changes on RAW over the same time.

Makes it more prestigious, as everyone's said.

Team Sheep
12-03-2006, 09:26 AM
When Edge won the title in July on Raw was the first time it changed hands on Raw since October 2001. And the only reason Edge won it was because of the whole RVD drugs issue and they needed a quick title change. And if I remember correctly, the last time it changed on a Smackdown was the iron man match with Angle and Brock in 2003.

I actually prefer long title runs, although a change on TV now and again would be quite nice.

Kane Knight
12-03-2006, 10:12 AM
I'd still like to see more title defenses on the shows. It's fun seeing random midcarders go up for the title. Who can forget glorified jobbers like Val Venis, Stevie Richards, and Kane ( :shifty: ) in title matches?

These are defenses almost nobody would pay to see on PPV, but they can keep the title scene fresh just by not making every main event some permutation of John Cena vs Edge, etc.