PDA

View Full Version : This was brilliant, but...*SD spoilers*

Kane Knight
12-03-2006, 11:11 PM
So I'm watching the triple threat for the championship, and it would have got me really excited, except for one thing:

I don't care for "King Booker."

I don't care for Batista post-injury.

Basically, I could give a shit about 2 of the 3 wrestlers in the match

I don't even care that Finlay's too old and not really WWE ME material, because he's still 8 shades of awesome, and entertaining. So no big that he'll never win, because he added tension. The match was solid, but I couldn't feel the "drama" because I can't be arsed to care about the two main eventers.

IT's do disappointing to see a good match spoiled by boring wrestlers.

Fignuts
12-04-2006, 01:46 AM
GONNA CATCH ME RIDIN DIRTYYYYYYYYY

Innovator
12-04-2006, 01:50 AM
To be fair though, Batista hasn't cared since returning from injury

Dave Youell
12-04-2006, 05:38 AM
I like Finlay, he's been booked in such a way that if he were to go over, it wouldn't be totally un expected as he's usually booked as a threat.

But dear god the smackdown main event scene needs a boost with another face, a lethal injection of a Kennedy face should sort that out

Impact!
12-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Right now Smackdown is totally in the shit ME wise...well ok it has been for a while but you get my point.

They should be pushing Kennedy to the Main Event over people like UT and Kane but instead they make him look like a little bitch. It's really annoying as he really seems to have that it factor and he draws in alot of people, but they still don't utilise this and continuosly fuck him around, instead of giving him a (good) push and creating a good drawing (new) ME player.

Benoit is another prime example of where they are fucking up. Instead of competing against Batista and um...Booker, and ah Kane...They have him competing against Chavo for the US title. A heel run for Benoit right now would be insanely good. It's a shame they just can't seem to do anything with him.

Ideally the SD ME roster should look like this (imo):

Face: Batista, UT,
Heel: Benoit, Booker
Tweener: Finlay, Kane (masked)

Up and Coming: Ken Kennedy, Gregory Helms, Chavo

Right now it looks like they actually have a chance to begin fixing the Smackdown side of things with Armaggedon in two weeks (or whatever it is).

With Kane vs MVP do what Alienoid said and have Kane get burnt (possibly by UT accidently) You can then bring back the Big Red Machine of old, creating a maniac that attacks the faces and the heels. That would be a great start.

Next have Ut defeated by Ken Kennedy CLEANLY. Also give KK and UT the same amount of offence, without this KK is pretty much back where he was to begin with.

Thirdly Have Chavo and Benoit do a double turn. Chavo has much better chance of getting over as a face, and Benoit as a heel will be a fresh change.

And Lastly at Armaggedon Have Finlay turn on King Booker leaving him for the preverbial dogs.

Along with this have Gregory Helms defeat Jimmy Yang retaining the title. The next night on Smackdown have Gregory Helms come out and state that he has done all that there is to be done in the CW division, followed by him vacating the title. From here you then have Helms defeat Benoit later in the night (with help from Chavo, but don't make him look to weak).

The vacated CW title could also help the London Kendrick "breakup". Have them lose the titles to the English duo at Armaggedon, after a mis communication. The next smackdown give them a rematch against the English duo, but once agian lose. The following Smackdown have Kendrick and Ashley want to have one more shot at the tag titles, but have London say he wants to try n grab the vacated CW title. Have a tournament made for the CW's and have the finals come down to London V Kendrick. From here you can either go into a London (heel) V Kendrick (Face) fued, or you can have them go the match and either reconcile after the match with a handshake, followed by a joint effort to regain the tag titles, or for something completely different have them get a co pin becomming co champions, at which they laugh and have some fun with (triple threats that become two on one and so forth) Hell even have them defend it in turns while the other is in their corner. So many ways to run with that.

Ok so I just realised I've rambled way to much, so I'll stop, but yeah that is pretty much some idea's of what I hope they will do with Smackdown leading into the new year.

Also to actually reply to what KK said yes the match wwas quite difficult to get into (for me) as I can't seem to get excited about Batista.

Corkscrewed
12-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Batista post-surgery is a lot like HHH post-surgery. Both were quite hot with the crowd before, and then just mailed it in afterwards, causing the IWC to turn on them. HHH has recovered a lot of his popularity (or at least lost most of the hatred) now, but we'll see how Batista goes.

On the other hand, if Dave continues to not care, maybe they'll change the Taker/Batista outcome... or the match entirely.

Jeritron
12-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I still think Benoit vs Batista would be their best bet for the SD main event at WM23. Regardless, of whos heel or face it would be good. Benoit could carry him to a good match, its a fresh matchup, and since I've accecpted the fact that Bats will be in the SD ME regardless, Benoits my choice for what it'd take to make it work the best.