PDA

View Full Version : Question to Destor, Youell, and any other actual wrestlers...

The One
12-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Have you ever been involved or know of a case in which a Battle Royal's elimination did NOT go as planned. When I was involved with Battle Royals in the past it usually was only the last 3 or 4 people were determined, but have you ever known of a case when say the winner or maybe the guy who was supposed to be last eliminated or something got eliminated by accident much sooner?

Dorkchop
12-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Post a pic of you as a wrestler, or stories and stuff. I don't know if you have in the past here.

Xero
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Cena/Batista.

:shifty:

The One
12-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Post a pic of you as a wrestler, or stories and stuff. I don't know if you have in the past here.

I don't post pics of myself...just because I never have and ain't gonna start. As for my career, not much to talk about. I was a little man who jobbed through most of my career as either a masked guy (usually losing two or sometimes three times a night under different masks)...towards the end as I actually put more and more effort into moving up behind the curtain I got to wrestle under my real name. My highlight of my career was getting to lay down for Jimmy Snuka (it was a 6 man elimination match, and Snuka pinned me). Won a Light-Heavyweight Title in one of the promotions I worked for, and since I never wrestled for that promotion ever again I guess I technically am an undefeated champion. Got screwed out of a ton of money, but it was worth it if for no other reason than I got to meet a couple of legends of the industry. Eventually had what could have been a recoverable injury working with some new trainees, but by the time I could walk on my right leg again, I had simply lost my shape and lost my desire. Besides I decided to go to college and began studying acting (something else I have done for most of my life) and frankly I am much more happy doing acting in LA. It's easier on the body, I have more of a passion for it, and I make more money.

So there you have it, my wrestling career.....

Destor
12-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Actually yeah.

Every show the OSW opens up with the super-man battle royal (it's worked like the NASCAR points system with the winner getting a title shot on New Years Day.)

So one night I'm set to win. and we're down the final five. Dude rushes me and I'm supposed to drop down and grab the rope, he goes over and is eliminated. But there was a problem. At some point I lost track of one of the guys. And can you guys where he was? Right behind me. So it turns into a school boy trip and when he tackles me we both go out to the floor. Everyone in the ring stops (except Brandon Walker,) and they act like they don't know what to do. While they're standing around with there thumbs up their asses Brandon throws 'em to the floor. Pretty hilarious if you were there.

Afterwords I get back in the ring and brawl with Brandon until I pitch him out. (Just so we could still get our finish, which set up the ME.) It worked and most didn't notice. Still pretty embarrassing.

Destor
12-18-2006, 08:52 PM
It was a three stooges angle in the end I guess.

Destor
12-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I've got to say Battle Royals have always had my number. I always find away to have something go wrong. Hell earlier this year I broke my foot in one.

Rammsteinmad
12-19-2006, 02:40 AM
I've only been in three, and didn't last to long in any of 'em. :(

CSL
12-19-2006, 06:28 AM
<font color=white>1 Battle Royal, 1 Victory :D

Not that I'm bragging or anything...

But seriously, it was pretty uneventful. Everything went to plan really :-\ </font>

Avenger
12-19-2006, 10:27 AM
I don't post pics of myself...just because I never have and ain't gonna start. As for my career, not much to talk about. I was a little man who jobbed through most of my career as either a masked guy (usually losing two or sometimes three times a night under different masks)...towards the end as I actually put more and more effort into moving up behind the curtain I got to wrestle under my real name. My highlight of my career was getting to lay down for Jimmy Snuka (it was a 6 man elimination match, and Snuka pinned me). Won a Light-Heavyweight Title in one of the promotions I worked for, and since I never wrestled for that promotion ever again I guess I technically am an undefeated champion. Got screwed out of a ton of money, but it was worth it if for no other reason than I got to meet a couple of legends of the industry. Eventually had what could have been a recoverable injury working with some new trainees, but by the time I could walk on my right leg again, I had simply lost my shape and lost my desire. Besides I decided to go to college and began studying acting (something else I have done for most of my life) and frankly I am much more happy doing acting in LA. It's easier on the body, I have more of a passion for it, and I make more money.

So there you have it, my wrestling career.....I get the feeling The One is a well known actor in LA and won't post pictures for that reason :shifty:

addy2hotty
12-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I get the feeling The One is a well known actor in LA and won't post pictures for that reason :shifty:

Keanu Reeves? Jet Li?

The mind boggles.....

Xero
12-19-2006, 10:35 AM
I get the feeling The One is a well known actor in LA and won't post pictures for that reason :shifty:
I still believe he's Drew Carey.

I mean, the guy said he's blonde, wears glasses, is an actor and has wrestled! Drew's all those things!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Misc/carey_large.jpg

Rammsteinmad
12-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Blond... Wears Glasses... Actor... Wrestles...

It all makes sense now... The One is actually Kevin Nash!!!

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/gallery2.jpg

http://images.comicbookresources.com/reel/punisher/punisher_pic2_sm.jpg

Xero
12-19-2006, 11:21 AM
...Huh...

That would explain a lot.

He even has said he's tall.

Destor
12-19-2006, 11:25 AM
lol

Destor
12-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Kevin Nash is gay. Wow.

addy2hotty
12-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Kevin Nash stole the movie in The Punisher, I'll have you know.

The One
12-19-2006, 12:47 PM
No. I'm not famous, now stop guessing actors I could be...stop it now... :shifty:

The One
12-19-2006, 12:48 PM
No but seriously, I can almost promise you that I have never been in anything you have ever seen...other tha extra work which even if you have seen me you wouldn't remember me.

Xero
12-19-2006, 01:21 PM
I bet you do commercials for Just for Men or something. Am I right?

Or are you the Movie Voice guy? If you are, I demand you make all your posts here in audio format.

Stickman
12-19-2006, 02:42 PM
So is anything planned out in a battle royal other than the final 4 guys? If I was somebody not the final four, I wouldn't go over until I was the 5th guy. Or I'd be the first guy out within 30 seconds to avoid possible injury.

Avenger
12-20-2006, 05:15 AM
lol the movie voice guy