PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about MITB this year.

Volare
12-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Alright, who would you have win the MITB match, and when would you have them use it, and against who as champion?

Me personally, I'd give the shot to CM against a heel Cena and invade Raw to do it. CM wins and stays on Raw.

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 07:11 AM
I'd say the MITB ladder match be CM Punk, Sabu, Jeff Hardy, Shelton, Benoit and Rey Mysterio

If a Raw entrant wins it, I'd have Jeff Hardy win it and use it during an Edge title reign and let them fued for the title for a while.
If ECW, I'd say CM Punk and have him wait on it, then late in the year have him use it to switch brands.
If Smackdown, Rey Mysterio or Benoit, either would be fine with me.

Personally, no matter who wins it I hope manages to win whichever title they challenge for upon cashing it in. It'd be cool to have the MITB winner capitalize for a 3rd time. That lends a lot of credibility to the match and could be used as a selling point for the 4th one. "All 3 times, the winner has gone on to win the title"

I'm a big fan of MITB, not just for the matches but the idea itself. It's a great way to get all the great talent on the card, and its great interpromotion with an awesome prize. I think it should be kept as an annual event indefinitely (until they can no longer do it).

Impeccable
12-21-2006, 07:38 AM
I think Kennedy should win this year. Build up a decent feud with the champion (who will probably still be Batista) for survivor series next year (summerslam may be too early), with Kennedy winning the title

St. Jimmy
12-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Prolly won't happen this year. Good times though.

Crippla
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I think they may not have it this year kind of like the draft after having it two years in a row.

Stickman
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Remember when the US Champ was number one contender for the HWC?

D Mac
12-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Orton

M-A-G
12-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty positive they're not doing again.

Mercury Bullet
12-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Instead of the typical KOTR tourney what if it was a MITB tourney? The same as king of the ring, only the winner is not only king, they get a title shot. Make the tourney with 16 wrestlers from all 3 brands.

Xero
12-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Instead of the typical KOTR tourney what if it was a MITB tourney? The same as king of the ring, only the winner is not only king, they get a title shot. Make the tourney with 16 wrestlers from all 3 brands.
They did that with at least the last KOTR, possibly the last two.

M-A-G
12-21-2006, 03:17 PM
They did that with at least the last KOTR, possibly the last two.

Nope. Just in 2002.

M-A-G
12-21-2006, 03:17 PM
I do it every year. :cool:

Mercury Bullet
12-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Well, anyway....

....they should do it again.

Not involving any established main eventers though, not having them win anyway. Use it to elevate a Kennedy, Nitro, Carlito, somebody.

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 03:53 PM
What makes some of you guys so sure they won't do it again? Unless it has been stated otherwise, I'd assume its on. You have 3 brands of guys who won't have a place on the card without it. And it has been used the past two years with success.

Impact!
12-21-2006, 11:49 PM
I'd rather see them (each brand) do a tournament to see who gets a place in the MitB. Build it up saying all the previous winners have gone on to win the gold, just promote it as being a huge oppurtunity.

I'd like to see something like:

Smackdown:
Chris Benoit (w)
V
Chavo

Matt Hardy
V
Joey Mercury (w)

Ken Kennedy (w)
V
Kane

Gregory Helms (w)
V
Finlay

Semi's:

Chris Benoit (w) V Joey Mercury & Ken Kennedy (w) V Helms

Smackdown participants = Kennedy, Benoit
RAW:
Jeff Hardy (w)
V
Johnny Nitro

Shelton Benjamin (w)
V
Super Crazy

Carlito (w)
V
Chris Masters

Kenny (w)
V
Ric Flair

Semi's:
Jeff Hardy V Shelton Benjamin (w) & Carlito (w) V Kenny

RAW's participants = Shelton, Carlito

ECW:
CM Punk (w)
V
Hardcore Holly

Test (w)
V
Tommy Dreamer

Kevin Thorn (w)
V
Mike Knox

Sabu (w)
V
Matt Striker

Semi's:
CM Punk (w) V Test & Kevin Thorn (w) V Sabu

ECW's Participants: Punk, Thorn

MitB Ladder Match:
Shelton Benjamin V Carlito V Ken Kennedy V Chris Benoit V CM Punk V Kevin Thorn

Fignuts
12-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah dunno why everyone thinks they wont do it again. One of the most popular matches of the year.

El Fangel
12-22-2006, 12:03 AM
MITB is/ or was cool, the entrants all seemed to fit a title role, so it was hard to figure who whould win unless you knew, but If Cena is the champ, and there is MITB, he will likely defend and stop the streak. Or if he isn't champ, they have it, and he wins it, I will be pissed.

D Mac
12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAHI063_8x10~Randy-Orton-Posters.jpg

Crippla
12-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Randy Orton should probably be in the Main Event not MITB.

Volchok
12-22-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't think Benoit will be in it, Hopefully he'll either be defending the US title at WM or in the title picture somehow. I'd rather have Mercury than Benoit in it. Yet Mercury would not wanna be involved with anything to do with ladders.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2006, 02:52 AM
I'd much rather see them have Paul London & Brian Kendrick issue a TLC Challenge for the WWE Tag Team Championship at WrestleMania. Throw in The Hardys, MNM and The World's Greatest Tag Team. Can you say "orgasm"?.

If they do go the route of Money in the Bank, again, here are the participants I see partaking:

RAW:
1. Shelton Benjamin
2. Carlito

SmackDown!:
1. Chris Benoit
2. Gregory Helms

ECW:
1. Sabu
2. CM Punk

The most obvious choice for winner is CM Punk. I would like to see something interesting, like Gregory Helms stealing it, or Carlito pretty much getting a guanranteed World Title reign.

D Mac
12-23-2006, 03:09 AM
Sorry Alienoid but if Shelton is in it, it would'nt be that great.

And it's not because he's black, it's because he's boring.

Crippla
12-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Shelton's not a bad wrestler at all, he just has terrible mic skills.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry Alienoid but if Shelton is in it, it would'nt be that great.

And it's not because he's black, it's because he's boring.

I can understand why people aren't captivated by the guy, but have you seen the other Money in the Bank Ladder Matches? He owned them.

Anybody Thrilla
12-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Ya, srsly, who wouldn't want to see Shelton Benjamin in a MITB match? Lay off the Bud Ice, DM.

I love the match and hope they do it again this year. I hope Kenny Dykstra finds his way into the match as well. Not saying he has to win, just want him to be in it.

ChiefStubbs
12-24-2006, 03:47 PM
If they do go the route of Money in the Bank, again, here are the participants I see partaking:

RAW:
1. Shelton Benjamin
2. Carlito

SmackDown!:
1. Chris Benoit
2. Gregory Helms

ECW:
1. Sabu
2. CM Punk

I would actually rather see Kennedy then Gregory. Also, even though I mark the fuck out for Sabu, I couldn't see him in MITB. Maybe he should be once again screwed out of his spot by Hardcore Holly, setting up for a feud ending in a barbed wire match for the Television Championship. Who knows.

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:09 PM
What makes some of you guys so sure they won't do it again? Unless it has been stated otherwise, I'd assume its on. You have 3 brands of guys who won't have a place on the card without it. And it has been used the past two years with success.

Why does ECW need to be on the show? Hell, why does EVERYONE need to be on the show?

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah dunno why everyone thinks they wont do it again. One of the most popular matches of the year.

But that's assuming that it is a yearly thing. Which they haven't mentioned.

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Truth be told I'd rather assume something isn't happening rather than get all excited and anticipated because the latter causes you to be disappointed when what you were expecting doesn't happen. You've only got yourself to blame for assuming what you wanted was going to happen. Like Bret at WM22 or 'Taker's return at Royal Rumble '03?

Crippla
12-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Taker did return at Royal Rumble '03 though and we did expect him.

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Taker did return at Royal Rumble '03 though and we did expect him.

That's not what I meant. People were expecting him to return as the 'Dead Man' persona just because they showed one promo of him in his old days to hype his return.

Crippla
12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah, well he did that a year later at WMXX.

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow, such foresight. Damn the IWC knows their sh*t. ;)

Crippla
12-24-2006, 05:35 PM
:lol:

On an unrelated note, "Yo it's me, it's me, it's M-A-G."

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Those were the days. :(

Crippla
12-24-2006, 05:38 PM
So, your name is based off of DDP?

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:41 PM
My original name was. I just took my initials and placed it into his phrase.

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Then Triple A told me I needed to cut it down and so I told him to just keep it as M-A-G. It still makes me cry.

Jeritron
12-25-2006, 12:01 AM
I didn't say EVERYONE needed to be on the card. ECWs a brand, and yes it needs to be. As for guys like Shelton, Punk, Carlito, Nitro, Jeff and Matt Hardy, Sabu, Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Benoit, Masters, etc...yes they should and need to be.

M-A-G
12-25-2006, 05:30 AM
OK, no. ECW has no business on WWE programming. Why? Because it's promoted as a separate entity. It's main title is called the ECW Title. On Raw and SmackDown!, you've got the WWE Intercontinental and WWE U.S. Title. Two brands but under the WWE banner. ECW is supposed to be an alternative to that. Second reason: everyone bitched about WWE guys showing up on ECW programming. What's good for the goose and all that jazz. If ECW can't survive on its own, too bad.

M-A-G
12-25-2006, 05:32 AM
And really the only people that SHOULD be on a card are the people involved in matches that are interesting especially on WrestleMania of all places. And yes, there's a difference between what you find interesting and what the WWE finds interesting. Besides, all I said was that I believed they weren't going to do a Money in the Bank match again.

Pepsi Man
12-25-2006, 09:00 AM
OK, no. ECW has no business on WWE programming. Why? Because it's promoted as a separate entity. It's main title is called the ECW Title. On Raw and SmackDown!, you've got the WWE Intercontinental and WWE U.S. Title. Two brands but under the WWE banner. ECW is supposed to be an alternative to that. Second reason: everyone bitched about WWE guys showing up on ECW programming. What's good for the goose and all that jazz. If ECW can't survive on its own, too bad.
They're already doing it, though. Anyone who believes ECW is an "alternative" needs to have his or her head examined. Plus, thus far, both SummerSlam and the Survivor Series have featured ECW participation, and the Royal Rumble is being announced as containing all three brands.

Maybe RIGHT at relaunch time, ECW was promoted as a separate entity, but that's nowhere near the case anymore.

M-A-G
12-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, they're already doing it, I know. But what I mean is that they're not supposed to be doing it. Again, if ECW can't cut it on it's own, then forget it.

M-A-G
12-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Thank God I ain't going to the Rumble.

Pepsi Man
12-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah, they're already doing it, I know. But what I mean is that they're not supposed to be doing it. Again, if ECW can't cut it on it's own, then forget it.
Well, "they" can't cut it "on their own", when they're given all these rules and pieces of talent to get over. I'm sorry, but "ECW" as it stands now is nothing more than a subdivision of the WWE, and having to point that out makes me feel as though I'm talking to a total mark.