PDA

View Full Version : Do you think TNA will ever be a huge threat to WWE?

The Naitch
12-23-2006, 06:01 PM
discuss

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 06:05 PM
BAsically, I stand by the statement that if TNA suceeds, it'll be because of the WWE's failings, not because of their own merits.

I've got to admit though, the Sting/Abyss moment from this last Impact! Was pretty great compared to pretty much everything in TV Wrestling.

PullMyFinger
12-23-2006, 06:11 PM
yes of course.

MLW
12-23-2006, 06:12 PM
If they execute their creative team they should be able to...

Dorkchop
12-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Maybe, but remember that the WWE performs better when there's real competition. See Monday Night Wars, and even back int he 80s with all the territories. WWE beat out all the territories, and WWE beat out WCW. They'll beat out TNA, but it will be nice if there are a couple of years with TNA and WWE putting out some amazing shows and PPVs.

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 09:36 PM
The question is whether or not the WWE still has what it takes to compete with someone if threatened. Vince's responses to low ratings of late are about as appealing as Vis getting the "Naked Mideon" gimmick.

Fignuts
12-23-2006, 10:00 PM
The question is whether or not the WWE still has what it takes to compete with someone if threatened. Vince's responses to low ratings of late are about as appealing as Vis getting the "Naked Mideon" gimmick.

I'm not sure how to interpret that last sentence, knowing how many weird fetishes KK is into.

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2006, 11:33 PM

I agree with you entirely, but I'd just like to point out that Naked Mideon was around during the period where WWE had competition. :-\

If TNA somehow got financial backing, maybe not like Ted Turner backing, but some solid cash flow, so they could take some appropriate chances, I think they'd be able to dent the WWE's fanbase, and if that happened, well, I doubt the WWE would be able to handle it, other than a complete corporate overhaul.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see Brian Gerwitz writing stellar and compelling wrestling angles.

The real competition for WWE? If Paul Heyman got together enough money to start up his own wrestling organisation. With Rob Van Dam, Sabu and Sandman possibly leaving the WWE soon, and with enough talent on the independant scene, I could see Paul Heyman leading a wrestling revolution.

Will it happen? Probably not, but I think the WWE getting bitch-slapped is closer to happening than anyone realises.

Blitz
12-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Unless they can somehow manage to get The Rock or Stone Cold to work for them full time, I doubt it.

Even if they could do that it'd still be pretty iffy.

Batsu
12-23-2006, 11:42 PM
BAsically, I stand by the statement that if TNA suceeds, it'll be because of the WWE's failings, not because of their own merits.

Correct.
Best thing for TNA to do is not even acknowledge WWE except in sidebars, not directly.

VKM is the worst thing in wrestling not in WWE...might be overall, but then I remember the Boogeyman, Umaga, D-X Mark VI, and the Unending John Cena-thon...

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I agree with you entirely, but I'd just like to point out that Naked Mideon was around during the period where WWE had competition. :-\

The phrase "neither here nor there" comes to mind.

Dorkchop
12-24-2006, 12:06 AM
The thing about Naked Mideon was that he was an insignificant couple of minutes for a few shows. It wasn't done for ratings, rather something funny to add to the WWF shows. Naked Mideon was a lot funnier and awesomer than a fat piece of shit writer for the WWE getting himself on tv.

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 12:28 AM
No. Simple as that.

Pinnacle Charisma
12-24-2006, 02:04 AM
Prehaps they do have alot of talent the problem is just money

MO MONEY

hitman23
12-24-2006, 02:13 AM
No. Not anytime soon. However they do have some really great talent. Personally I would rather watch Samoa Joe or Styles over Cena anyday. What I would really like to see is ROH get a major tv deal. Then lets see what happens.

weather vane
12-24-2006, 02:16 AM
I think they evntually will if they stick to it. They can't expect to compete with them within the first few years, it will take like maybe 7 or 8.

Kane Knight
12-24-2006, 08:57 AM
The thing about Naked Mideon was that he was an insignificant couple of minutes for a few shows. It wasn't done for ratings, rather something funny to add to the WWF shows. Naked Mideon was a lot funnier and awesomer than a fat piece of shit writer for the WWE getting himself on tv.

Hmmm...And again, "Neither here nor there" comes to mind.

Has afterlife robbed you of your thought processes or something?

St. Jimmy
12-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Absolutely not.

Kane Knight
12-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Absolutely not.

Oh, come on. It's hard to picture a world where TNA couldn't manage to become a threat...

...You know, given how hard Vince is trying to make it happen. ;)