PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie see Daniel Rodimer as "the next Diesel"

KingofOldSchool
12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Stephanie McMahon sees Daniel Rodimer as "the new Diesel" and she wants to group him with Edge and Randy Orton. There are already RAW brand house shows being advertised with DX vs. Edge, Randy Orton and Rodimer in 2-on-3 matches. Rodimer has only been wrestling since August. credit: Wrestling Observer

FYI, Rodimer was on one of the Tough Enoughs. He's a pretty big guy.

But :rofl: at the "next Diesel" comment

Xero
12-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Could fling us into the next boom! Can he draw better than Nash!?

Anybody Thrilla
12-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Does this mean he may be mildly entertaining half a decade past his prime? I guess that's something to look forward to in the future.

Pardeep 619
12-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I doubt Rodimer will draw 100 million like Diesel did... :shifty:

Skippord
12-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Or outdo me on the cool chart

M-A-G
12-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Imagine being told such a thing.

Xero
12-24-2006, 05:09 PM
WELCOME TO OZ! WELCOME TO OZ!

Kane Knight
12-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Does this mean he may be mildly entertaining half a decade past his prime? I guess that's something to look forward to in the future.

That and long periods of recovery from mysterious injuries.

El Fangel
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Looks like thier writing out Kane sometime soon if thier is a new diesel.

6to1
12-24-2006, 11:12 PM
so he is entertaining as long as he does not wrestle and he brakes a quad every time he gets in a ring.

Mr. Nerfect
12-24-2006, 11:42 PM
I was actually kind of interested in the Daniel Rodimer experiment. I don't know how the guy is in the ring, but he's got a lot of natural arrogance, and if he could get to "OK big man" stage, he could be something special. Kind of like a larger version of Randy Orton.

But the next Diesel? There goes any faith I had in Stephanie McMahon. Oh right, what faith?

But seriously, I'm hoping she just meant "next Diesel" in the sense that he hangs around with the guys with upwards momentum, as a bodyguard that eventually gets his shake in the main event.

Hmm, put Edge, Randy Orton, Kenny Dykstra and Dan Rodimer in a stable, and things are looking pretty hot.

M-A-G
12-25-2006, 05:26 AM
WTF? You're already booking the guy just because of something abstract that Stephanie said?

addy2hotty
12-25-2006, 10:13 AM
'Big Guy' eh?

Next ECW Champion then.

Nark Order
12-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Imagine being told such a thing.

ROFL

Afterlife
12-25-2006, 12:14 PM
WTF? You're already booking the guy just because of something abstract that Stephanie said?

You seem to doubt his theory...?

Xero
12-25-2006, 12:37 PM
I was booking Stephanie's baby before it was born!

M-A-G
12-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Hell, I booked Stephanie having a baby period! :cool:

Jeritron
12-25-2006, 05:49 PM
How can you predict something like that. Diesel started off as a cheesy big man bodyguard who got a crack at the main event and ran with it. His gimmick in WWE made him popular and Kevin Nash took his character to the next level on his own.

A guy like Test was given a debut and a push similar to Diesel, and in many ways was very similar to Kevin Nash but he certainly wasn't the next Kevin Nash.

Jeritron
12-25-2006, 05:50 PM
So does this guy stunt double for Shredder in the upcoming TMNT movie?

Mr. Nerfect
12-25-2006, 07:33 PM

Um, I didn't book him, I made a comment on what Stephanie said. :|

Stephanie wants him to join Edge and Randy Orton, Kenny is a part of the Rated-RKO storyline. Do the fucking math.

PullMyFinger
12-25-2006, 07:55 PM
If anyone was to be the next Diesel, it was Test. The situation about Test still saddens me...here goes a guy who was near main event status and just got ultimately killed.

Mr. Nerfect
12-25-2006, 08:08 PM
If anyone was to be the next Diesel, it was Test. The situation about Test still saddens me...here goes a guy who was near main event status and just got ultimately killed.

I never watched wrestling at the time, but apparently around the "Love Her or Leave Her" Match with Shane McMahon, Test was super over.

Looking back on the whole marriage angle, I cannot understand why the WWE didn't have Test feud with Triple H. It would have theoretically elevated both men, kind of like Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock's battles over the Intercontinental Championship. They just kind of pulled the plug on Test, and it seems like such a missed opportunity, especially since they've now decided that Test has main event potential. Oh well, I'm just glad Test is finally getting a push.

If it were up to me, Test would be on RAW, feuding with D-Generation X. Kind of take a shoot approach to the angle, and have Test reveal he is still bitter that Triple H took Stephanie McMahon away from him, and that it should have been Test who has ten World Title reigns under his belt. He should be put in the position Stephanie wants to put Daniel Rodimer in. Have "The Real Deal" show up in ECW, and get some wins there. Isn't the WWE trying to slowly turn it into a developmental territory?

M-A-G
12-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Um, I didn't book him, I made a comment on what Stephanie said. :|

But seriously, I'm hoping she just meant "next Diesel" in the sense that he hangs around with the guys with upwards momentum, as a bodyguard that eventually gets his shake in the main event.

Hmm, put Edge, Randy Orton, Kenny Dykstra and Dan Rodimer in a stable, and things are looking pretty hot.

:roll: You're already putting them in a set stable and commenting on their popularity and taking a stab at Rodimer's future.

Afterlife
12-26-2006, 08:55 AM
That's technically an idea, not a book.

Technically.

PorkSoda
12-26-2006, 01:04 PM
So does this mean Rodimer will be tearing his quads all the time now?

That would be funny, Rodimer makes his first appearance, he powerbombs Triple H and Michaels, and then runs after Cena and falls face first to the delight of JR, King, and everyone else including Sunny. (that was a joke refrence to Sunny Delight)

M-A-G
12-26-2006, 01:06 PM
LOL

Kane Knight
12-26-2006, 11:51 PM

It's compulsive. 'Noid and Steph have a bet as to who can destroy wrestling better. :D

KingofOldSchool
12-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Rodimer vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 32

M-A-G
12-27-2006, 03:39 AM
Rodimer vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 32

What better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Diesel vs. Undertaker?

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
:roll: You're already putting them in a set stable and commenting on their popularity and taking a stab at Rodimer's future.

Where did I comment on their popularity? Taking a stab at someone's future isn't booking. I grouped them in a set stable because that's what the news report said was happening. Do yourself a favour and think before you type.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2006, 08:16 PM
It's compulsive. 'Noid and Steph have a bet as to who can destroy wrestling better. :D

:lol: You know, it's odd, I can probably tell you your life story without having met you. You're so transparent, dude, it's not funny. Your attempts at wit aren't even witty.

Don't you think that if I was on speaking terms with Steph, you'd have seen Val Venis, Paul London and Brian Kendrick actually make it onto TV this past week? But, no, Retarded Attempt at Wit Rule #23: Never let intelligence get in the way of being condescending. ;)

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2006, 08:25 PM
You'll read what I wrote above, and your predictable mentality will go into auto-pilot and churn out something like "My point was that your ideas are bad, and you don't need to make perfect sense when you're insulting someone, I know you don't know Steph, but I was just pointing out you are on her booking level", but I'll save you the time and just reply:

My point is that you are transparent, predictable and think you're smarter than you actually are. I poked holes in your insult, but you'll just ignore them because it's convenient to you, and you're self-centered and egotistical enough to think you make the rules, choose when and where levels of mental application are appropriate and that your say on the matter trumps everyone else's. Of course, you're too "free-thinking" to actually stoop to the level of retardedness and claim that you think you're in a different realm to everyone else, but you have no problem talking down to everyone like you are royalty.

Dude, you have a lot of maturing to do.

Kane Knight
12-27-2006, 09:37 PM
:lol: You know, it's odd, I can probably tell you your life story without having met you. You're so transparent, dude, it's not funny. Your attempts at wit aren't even witty.

Don't you think that if I was on speaking terms with Steph, you'd have seen Val Venis, Paul London and Brian Kendrick actually make it onto TV this past week? But, no, Retarded Attempt at Wit Rule #23: Never let intelligence get in the way of being condescending. ;)

You know, your comments all smack of hilarity.

But please, continue. It's amsuing to hear your predictably talk of predictability.

I mean, come on, this is like the fifth time in a couple of days you've made similar, almost verbatim comments about my wit. Ironically, after praising me for my intelligence.

Meh. Doesn't matter. I think your booking is shitty and would tank wrestling. I think the only reason it's loved on these forums is because it's counterculture, so people are pleased with the slightly-different scent of shit you churn out.

This is an honest opinion, ont the crucifixion you seem to think is coming. You'll make it out to be more, but then, that's what you do.

Kane Knight
12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Also, "poked holes in your insult?" Are you bringing in baggage from another thread? Yeah. Thoughts so. Very "mature" of you.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Also, "poked holes in your insult?" Are you bringing in baggage from another thread? Yeah. Thoughts so. Very "mature" of you.

:rofl: I know it's not the case, but I imaged you as a 12-year old then.

No, I'm referencing this thread.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2006, 11:23 PM
You know, your comments all smack of hilarity.

But please, continue. It's amsuing to hear your predictably talk of predictability.

I mean, come on, this is like the fifth time in a couple of days you've made similar, almost verbatim comments about my wit. Ironically, after praising me for my intelligence.

Meh. Doesn't matter. I think your booking is shitty and would tank wrestling. I think the only reason it's loved on these forums is because it's counterculture, so people are pleased with the slightly-different scent of shit you churn out.

This is an honest opinion, ont the crucifixion you seem to think is coming. You'll make it out to be more, but then, that's what you do.

I think you're intelligent, but I think you think you are more intelligent than you are. Your arrogance reeks of it.

I wouldn't have to make so many comments about your failed attempts at wit if you didn't make so many failed attempts. See the connection?

You're entitled to your opinion, just remember your's isn't better than everyone else's. If there's one thing that annoys me on these boards, it's when you insult someone making perfectly valid points, and saying they're "not letting bullshit get in the way of their arguement", just because they're not playing by your rules.

To be perfectly honest, if I were given control of the WWE, I wouldn't change all that much, I just use guys with a bit more substance than what the WWE is doing, like most other people would do. Let Paul London occasionally do a London Calling in the opening match, don't shove John Cena down our throats. A lot of my fantasy booking isn't meant to be taken as a serious suggestion, rather a possible alternative to weigh against what there is currently.

Think of it what you'd like, you're not necessarily wrong, but you're not neccessarily right, either.

NeanderCarl
12-27-2006, 11:59 PM

But at least Test did get to pin Nash in like 2 minutes back in 2003.

Kane Knight
12-28-2006, 12:13 AM
:rofl: I know it's not the case, but I imaged you as a 12-year old then.

No, I'm referencing this thread.

Ah, so you're making things up.

Kane Knight
12-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Think of it what you'd like, you're not necessarily wrong, but you're not neccessarily right, either.

I think the mere fact that I started it off with a statement to the effect of "I think" alone should have clued you in that it was my opinion.

Now, are you done with your little hissyfit?

M-A-G
12-28-2006, 02:45 AM
But at least Test did get to pin Nash in like 2 minutes back in 2003.

That actually made me like Nash a little....for like 5 minutes.

Mr. Nerfect
12-28-2006, 03:23 AM
Ah, so you're making things up.

Hahaha. No, buddy.

I think the mere fact that I started it off with a statement to the effect of "I think" alone should have clued you in that it was my opinion.

I'm now going to do my best Kane Knight impersonation:

*Clears throat*

"If I wanted someone to miss the point entirely, I'd watch Fox News with a redneck. I was merely insinuating that you are in fact entitled to your opinion, enforcing your previous statements. But no, like a preschooler, I have to explain this in slow-witted retard format. Even though you are not worth my time, I shall elongate my language, just to hear myself talk for longer.

But no, twist the situation so it fits your arguement, rather than creating an argument to fit the situation."

Dude, you started this shit with your lame-ass attempts at wit. The question should be, are you done being a condescending dick?

Kane Knight
12-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Hahaha. No, buddy.
Ahh. I get it. You're taking obvious hyperbole as fact so that you can drum up an argument and claim yourself winner. Funny how when I misconstrue your statements you complain, yet you have no problem doing it yourself. Great maturity, right along with your "this is you" comments.

Afterlife
12-28-2006, 12:21 PM

This is none of my business, but you've been neg repping me for comments that don't involve you, so I'll butt in to return the notion.

Everything Alienoid said in the post that the above quote responded to, was in no way angry, rude or offensive. It was in a calm, direct connotation, and deserved the same thought in return. Instead, you termed it a "hissyfit", as if to spit in the face of ratinal conversation.

It's like every time he tries to level things and cool off, you do your damnedest to throw gas on the fire. That is the problem he is having, from what I can tell, and I can say for certain that it's the only beef I've ever had with you.

BigDaddyCool
12-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Why are they always looking for the next Hogan or Austin or Rock or Diesel? It has been proven time and time again that imitations always suck.

Plus I don't want to have to start marking out for some new guy.

Xero
12-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Why are they always looking for the next Hogan or Austin or Rock or Diesel? It has been proven time and time again that imitations always suck.

Plus I don't want to have to start marking out for some new guy.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think anyone has ever been considered the "Next Diesel".

You know, besides the Fake Diesel. :shifty:

D Mac
12-28-2006, 02:32 PM
He will never be me.

M-A-G
12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
They're not looking for people to be Rock or Austin or Hogan but just people who can fill that kind of role. In Rodimer's case, they see him as someone who's injury prone, a politician, a guy who'll take his ball home, and will draw horribly at the gate.

Dorkchop
12-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Wow, imagine being told you're seen as the next "one of the worst drawing champions ever".

Afterlife
12-29-2006, 09:45 AM
They're not looking for people to be Rock or Austin or Hogan but just people who can fill that kind of role. In Rodimer's case, they see him as someone who's injury prone, a politician, a guy who'll take his ball home, and will draw horribly at the gate.

Just because Bubble Lead was the only effective weapon against dr. Wily's final attempt at victory circa MegaMan 2, doesn't give you the right to mock a man who's finisher was a really slow powerbomb.

I'm just throwin' that out there.

Better Than You
01-02-2007, 01:49 PM
The next Deisle:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/phantomlordlop/04.jpg

Xero
01-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Well, he looks like a cocky motherfucker anyway.

Though I'd pin him as a drunk Scott Hall from that picture...

KingofOldSchool
01-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Woah it's Kenny Dykstra, Chris Masters, and Randy Orton's love child.