PDA

View Full Version : WWE hires Barry Windham

Crippla
12-25-2006, 07:53 PM
According to a new blog by Jim Ross over on his official website, World Wrestling Entertainment has hired former NWA World Champion Barry Windham as a producer (a role formerly known as an agent) for the company.

This hiring shouldn't come as a surprise as Windham's name has been tossed out since last February when WWE was courting his father Blackjack Mulligan to agreeing to appear at the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania 22 weekend this past April.

Gertner
12-25-2006, 08:17 PM
i wish he still wrestled. I loved Windham, very under-rated

Gimmick
12-25-2006, 08:25 PM
He was a booker for them a year or so ago if I remember correctly.

Vastardikai
12-25-2006, 11:16 PM
i wish he still wrestled. I loved Windham, very under-rated

I agree. He was God-like during his run as "The Lone Wolf." Something tells me that Triple H took notes from that era, as there are similarities.

(BW also had one of my favorite spots: Vertical Suplex where he floats over into a 2 count. He bounces to his feet as the opponent sits up: Diving Low Lariat that almost beheads them.)

Mister Sinister
12-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Everytime I hear the name Barry Windham, I still think of him, puking, dropping his keys in the toilet and fishing them out...

But seriously, Windham was a great wrestler, I remember watching him as a kid.

blake639raw
12-26-2006, 01:33 AM
I bet this has something to do with the Horsemen dvd coming out. I believe, in some incarnation, we will get at least a one time reunion in ring of the Horsemen next year, around when the dvd comes out. They might even renew the Flair & Dusty feud in some type of way (though I hope not).