PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 > Wii > PS3

Fignuts
12-29-2006, 04:27 PM
So now that they've all come out, and I've played all three for a good amount of time, This is how I would rate them ATM.

The Controller of the wii is incredibly fun. Played Madden, Need for Speed Carbon, and Wii sports. I think the novelty of this, as well as games like Zelda, Mario, and Metroid will keep the wii ahead of the PS3 on my list for a while. But once the novelty of the controller wears out, and Playstation starts busting out their big name titles and utilizing the hardware better, it will surpass nintendo.

360 however looks like its going to stay in the lead for a while. What I like is that they are not just resting on the laurels of past big name franchises. They are creating a ton of new big titles like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Too Human, and Planetside. Right now I see it as the dominant console both in popularity and quality. And I see it remaining there for some time.

Kane Knight
12-29-2006, 04:52 PM
I haven';t played with my Wii much, but it seems like a fair assessment.

I doubt I'll ever look to the PS3, honestly.

Kane Knight
12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
BTW, holy shit.

Look at the size difference between the Wii and 360.

Apologies for the blurriness.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/ZacharyAmaranth/wii360.jpg?t=1167429403

Blue Demon
12-29-2006, 05:17 PM
:eek:

Kane Knight
12-29-2006, 05:25 PM
My hands aren't very steady today. I hurt my wrist last week, and thats a problem.

D Mac
12-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Naughty Naughty KK. :naughty:

Dorkchop
12-31-2006, 01:31 AM
I don't own a 360, but I agree. If I didn't want a Wii so bad, I probably would be considering a 360 right now. But I've had my Wii since launch day and I'm super happy with it.

Microsoft is indeed doing a great job with creating new games, rather than just focusing on established titles (Gears of War anyone?)

I'm not doubting the PS3, I'm just super turned off by it (much like my girlfriend with me). Sony did a crappy job making me want one. Wow, the graphics are awesome.

You can't really compare the Wii to the 360, or PS3, because it's so different and will have completely different games, but they're all next gen consoles. Microsoft should capitalize on the people turned off by the PS3 or Wii... Which I think they are. It's hard to judge who will really win this console war, but I'm going to have to go with 360 as my guess right now with Wii pretty much right there behind them, or pretty much tied.

Fignuts
12-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Dunno bout that. Nintendo is well ahead of PS3 now. But if they don't get some more third party support, PS3 will surpass them eventually. Once the controllers' novelty runs out,the first-party titles will only be able to hold off sony for so long.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-31-2006, 06:47 AM
360 = Wii > PS3

I seriously can not decide between the two.

Kane Knight
12-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Dunno bout that. Nintendo is well ahead of PS3 now. But if they don't get some more third party support, PS3 will surpass them eventually. Once the controllers' novelty runs out,the first-party titles will only be able to hold off sony for so long.

It's been a couple years since the DS was released; has the "novelty' worn off?

Basically, what I'm saying is it's not a given that the novelty will wear off. What is a given is that the PS3 is expensive technology in a market which isn't buying as much electronics as it used to be. Without major price cuts, this exborbiant technology is going to be less appealing by default until the market swings around (Which with our current spending power, will be a while). Sony tried a more expensive handheld, and they're getting spanked.

Now, I'm not saying "PS3 SUX THEY WILL LOSE!" But they're in a major hole right now. There's no guarantee that they will surpass the Wii or 360. In fact, the more expensive systems have, historically, failed miserably. Sony has the benefit of name-brand recognition, but they're having a rather hard time selling their products right now.

Pinnacle Charisma
01-02-2007, 04:38 AM
My hands aren't very steady today. I hurt my wrist last week, and thats a problem.

That is why you should enter nerf's masterbation contest

Kane Knight
01-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Wrong wrist. :o

Zelda
01-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I won a xbox 360 and I barely play with it. On the other hand, since Kapoutman bought the wii, I can't stop playing.

DS
01-03-2007, 10:35 PM
There's a good joke in there somewhere.

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 11:10 PM
There's a good joke in there somewhere.

Unfortunately, there are a severe number of bad jokes in there too. The good one's hiding

Savio
01-06-2007, 04:03 PM
No wiis at wal mart today, but Ps3s were in stock.

G
01-06-2007, 04:19 PM
^ps3's are always in stock at mine.

I would say Wii>360>PS3.

I love my Wii very much right now.

Kane Knight
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
In the time I was looking for a Wii, PS3s were in stock every day except one.

Savio
01-06-2007, 06:46 PM
yeah but i live in a city and things go quick

Bad Company
01-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm happy with my 360, but I'd certainly like a Wii.

G
01-06-2007, 07:21 PM
what's funny is, i was browsing the 360 board at gamefaqs, and some guy made a troll topic on the wii giving all kinds of reasons of why you shouldn'y get it and things that are wrong with it, and the rest of the topic was 30 or so people saying how they love the wii.

Kane Knight
01-06-2007, 07:48 PM
LOL. That's awesome. I didn't see that.

Tb1
01-06-2007, 08:10 PM
n64>Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

I'm sorry. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda, Starfox, CONKER'S BAD FUR DAY. It's too classic, it'll always be on top.

I know this was about next gen's, but whatever.

Kane Knight
01-06-2007, 09:02 PM
: yawn:

Extreme Angle
01-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Can't you download n64 games for the wii :?:
Thats what I heard...
but this was back when it was "the revolution"

DS
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes. Although I believe the only one is Mario 64 as of now.

Fignuts
01-07-2007, 04:04 PM
n64>Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

I'm sorry. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Zelda, Starfox, CONKER'S BAD FUR DAY. It's too classic, it'll always be on top.

I know this was about next gen's, but whatever.

Starfox is the only game on that list that didn't get a much better sequel on a later-gen system.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Starfox is the only game on that list that didn't get a much better sequel on a later-gen system.

Yup and Mario Kart 64 is coming to VC anyways,

Kane Knight
01-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Most of those games are coming to VC.

I love the "too classic" argument though. An argument that stupid is really impressive. If we thought that way, we'd never have gotten past the NES or Atari.

I do miss some N64 games, Starfox and No Mercy being the best examples, but honestly, I'll take the modern wrestlers over No Mercy, and Starfox, while fun, won't exactly go down as irreplacable.

Though if it comes up on VC, I'll be snatching it up.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 01:02 AM
I love the Wii, and whilst I do get what Fignuts is saying, I think it shall be able to hold on with some awesome first-party titles and the Virtual Console, alone. Call me insane, but if I get to play direct Donkey Kong Country ports on any console, it's worth owning for me. :love:

Plus, you've got games like Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Paper Mario, A new Donkey Kong platformer (hopefully), a potential Golden Sun RPG and some other powerhouse franchines that Nintendo has exclusive rights to.

GameCube kind of misfired with many of Nintendo's iconic franchines. I don't think the Wii is going to be home to the same mistakes. Even what if Fignuts is saying is true, I doubt it will be considered a failure.

A study that was done by what seems to be a reputable source claims that PlayStation 3 will win this generation's war. Once prices drop, some impressive exclusive games come out, and the power of its hardware becomes noticeable to the degree where the price is worth it, I can see it making a comeback. Call me a fool, but I'd probably end up with any console if it got Team Ninja developing for them, and with the makers of the Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden often won over by the power of a system, they could end up putting a Dead or Alive installation and a Ninja Gaiden entry onto the system.

I'm considering buying an Xbox 360, but I think I shall wait until Mass Effect comes out, and see what the reviews for that are. I'm a huge fan of the BioWare established RPGs on the original Xbox console, and if the Mass Effect series is good, then you've got three must-have titles. Plus there's potential sequels for KOTOR and Jade Empire.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, but I'll probably end up with an Xbox 360, and if the PS3 does something phenomenal, I can see it being in my collection. I wouldn't rule it out as a contender yet.

DAMN iNATOR
01-11-2007, 03:46 PM
BTW, holy shit.

Look at the size difference between the Wii and 360.

Apologies for the blurriness.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/ZacharyAmaranth/wii360.jpg?t=1167429403

Yeah, just put together 3 video game or DVD cases and that's pretty much the size of the Nintendo Wii...not that size matters, it's quality that really counts (just as it does in certain aspects [/I]not[/I] related to gaming whatsoever, lol)

I would say Wii>360>PS3.
Agreed. I've played like an in-store version of it at my local gamestore and was instantly hooked...only thing is right now I don't have enough to get one, so that's gonna be where my tax refund money will go, at least partially, that and a game, seeing as how Wii Sports doesn't really seem to be much...

Gerard
01-14-2007, 02:14 AM
My wii, 360 and hd-dvd

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald.marley/14/wii60hddvd-small.jpg

The wii be a wee fooker.

Was considering a ps3, but the only game on that system that tickles my balls is probably resistence fall of man, and even at that from vids etc the game doesn't look hard at all to just run through, guns that fire through walls and home in on the enemies? Durr

I really think this time around sony fucked up big time with this blu-ray shite, without it the system would be about the same price as a 360. But because of the ps2 sales sony seems to be under the assumption they can put out a turd with the name playstation on it and it'll sell. Seems that even the sony lackies cocked an eyebrow at the price and fucked off to buy something else. :foc:

Fignuts
01-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Strike up another win for 360. Lost Planet is getting great reveiws.

Again back to what I said before. They havn't even come out with any of their big name franchise games from the original xbox. And already they have several new possible big game franchises out already. Not to mention that Mass effect and too human are already set to be system sellers. While the Nintendo does have the advantage of the controller and the VC, there are just SOOOOO many reasons to buy a 360 in terms of its next-gen library.

Kane Knight
01-15-2007, 12:47 PM
The 360's also a year ahead of the other systems. Bringing out its killer arsenal later in the game is rather unsurprising.

Silent
01-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Well I picked up a PS3 today and Resistance:Fall of Man, the system is updating so I am hoping it will be fun. I was going to wait for a Wii, but I am still a little unsure about the system's future, I don't want it to end up like the Gamecube and get a bunch of crappy 3rd party games and only good games from Nintendo..

Hopefully I made a good choice.. :o

Edit: Forgot to mention, I do have a 360 at my house in california, and it's pretty cool. I don't play it much because I have a bad selection of games, and it's impossible to find Gears of War in San Jose apparently..

Silent
01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Ah, Resistance, you've made me one happy man. :love:

Fignuts
01-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Totally forgot about Bioshock as well. I understand what you're saying KK, but even now, a year later, when all the other systems are out, the big-name franchises are still far from coming out. And there are a bunch of more unproven yet exciting new games scheduled to come out before then.

Savio
01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
went to 7 stores today.....no wiis.

Kane Knight
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Totally forgot about Bioshock as well. I understand what you're saying KK, but even now, a year later, when all the other systems are out, the big-name franchises are still far from coming out. And there are a bunch of more unproven yet exciting new games scheduled to come out before then.

Which really, really changes nothing.

They've had over a year to bring out those titles, comparative to systems which have had a little over a month. It doesn't matter if they're the old standards or not.

D Mac
01-26-2007, 04:27 PM
LOL our Wal Mart got 4 PS3's in 3 weeks ago and only 1 of them has sold.