PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Kain

Russenmafia
01-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Anybody on here a huge fan of these games. The first game was just a top down 2d RPG but it was a good game with a really good plot. The sequel Soul Reaver is one of my favourite games of all time. Thought Soul Reaver 2 was a cracking game as well. Blood Omen 2 was OK, easily the worst of the series. And the last game Defiance allowed you to play both characters and seemed to finish the series off.

ClockShot
01-05-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55597

M-A-G
01-06-2007, 04:53 AM
Whoo, one of my threads got referred to. :cool:

M-A-G
01-06-2007, 04:55 AM
And when you want to talk LoK fans, look no further. I'd actually rank Soul Reaver 2 as the least favorite of mine (but still awesome) since it didn't really answer anything in terms of what the hell was going on. It was like, "Oh, we'll let you have this kick ass new game but you'll have to get this other new kick ass game to finally learn everything."

Russenmafia
01-06-2007, 10:47 AM
And when you want to talk LoK fans, look no further. I'd actually rank Soul Reaver 2 as the least favorite of mine (but still awesome) since it didn't really answer anything in terms of what the hell was going on. It was like, "Oh, we'll let you have this kick ass new game but you'll have to get this other new kick ass game to finally learn everything."

While I rated Blood Omen 2 as the worst of the series, that is really only due to the gameplay. Soul Reaver 2 has the worst plot of the games as you said, it tells you nothing. I hope they make another game as there is a plot there for another game (How does Kain cure Nosgoth).

M-A-G
01-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Well I'd imagine he gathers a new Circle of Nine but just consisting of vampires and the new Spirit Reaver of his heals the broken pillars.

M-A-G
01-07-2007, 02:49 AM
LOL, I remember being amped in college along with my roommate for the release of Soul Reaver 2 and we would theorize what exactly would happen. One scenario I envisioned was Raziel going through his adventure in the past, ending up in a room with Kain and then the other lieutenants come in and Raziel's all, "What's going on?" and then Kain would be all, "Raziel...there's no other way to put this....We're putting the band back together."

Russenmafia
01-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Well I'd imagine he gathers a new Circle of Nine but just consisting of vampires and the new Spirit Reaver of his heals the broken pillars.

Are there any vampires left though? From what I remember of Defiance, Kain defeats the Elder God after Vorodor got killed, leaving Kain as the sole remaining Vampire in Nosgoth.

M-A-G
01-10-2007, 08:03 PM
That was the case after Blood Omen as well yet Kain was able to sire a new breed of vampires to serve him. Plus, with all human ties to the pillars broken, Janos sort of implied that vampires can be born again after the dark gift is passed.

M-A-G
01-10-2007, 08:05 PM
I still think Kain should at least do his best to find some way to keep his new Reaver eternally shiny and write a Christmas card for Raziel every year considering what the poor guy did for him.

Russenmafia
01-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I still think Kain should at least do his best to find some way to keep his new Reaver eternally shiny and write a Christmas card for Raziel every year considering what the poor guy did for him.

Im sure he can get a bottle of Reaver Polish off ebay. Agree on the Xmas Card for Raziel.

M-A-G
01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Reaver Polish: Keeps your blades fresh and shiny with that familiar lemon scent you remember from your childhood.