PDA

View Full Version : For those who have wrestled (and a general question I suppose)...

Xero
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Do you think it would be hard to adapt to the six sided ring in TNA? Everyone is trained in a four sided ring so you would have to adapt to where the ropes are and everything I would imagine.

Do you think there's an adjustment that a wrestler would have to make to get used to it?

Just John
01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, they'd have to run a little further when they get irish whipped and jump a little further off the turnbuckle (if opponent is in the centre of the ring) submission moves would probably have to be done nearer the ropes if they wanna add any anticipation to the whole 'grabbing the ropes' thing.

Pretty obvious, I think the 6 sided ring is terrible tbh,

Jura
01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
It seemed like Sting, Steiner and etc didn't use the ropes much and looked awkward when they did. The 4-sided ring seems to have more running room than the 6-sided one it seems.

Lock Jaw
01-07-2007, 09:44 PM
I noticed that in Angle's first match he was having some difficulty with the ropes. Like when running he'd have to check behind him and adjust his body to an Angle so that he could hit the ropes and not a turnbuckle.

Stickman
01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
It's pretty tough watching the wrestling in TNA because it's obvious guys are adjusting themselves unnaturally to hit the ropes properly.