PDA

View Full Version : Does Chris Masters have a chance of being a 'success'?

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2007, 01:36 PM
He started off strong, getting pushed to the moon....but save a tag team victory on Raw (where he didn't even get the decision), I really don't remember the last time he won a match. Is The Masterpiece doomed? I hate to say it, but I think tonight's PPV just may be MAKE IT OR BREAK IT for the Masterpiece. I'm assuming if he doesn't go over Carlito tonight, he's not going over anyone ever again.

What do you think?

McLegend
01-07-2007, 01:39 PM
He's young so yes he has a chance of being a success. It may not be for a few years, but one day I think he will be a success.

jindrak
01-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Chris Masters on roids=success.

Chris Masters off roids=failure.

Simple mathematics.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2007, 01:46 PM
He looks like he's been getting bigger again, doesn't he?

Skippord
01-07-2007, 01:51 PM
God I hope not

McLegend
01-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I kinda feel bad for him. He got off roids did what the WWE wanted him to do, and then when he gets back he gets made fun of on TV everyweek.

And now he looks like he is back on the Gas

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I think it would be sweet if Torrie turned on Carlito and sided with Masters tonight. That might work for him...maybe. Fuck, I dunno.

McLegend
01-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I think it would be sweet if Torrie turned on Carlito and sided with Masters tonight. That might work for him...maybe. Fuck, I dunno.
Be Better if Carltio turned on Torrie and went back to being cool heel instead of a bitch.

jindrak
01-07-2007, 01:58 PM

Yea, but still.

I mean you know it's over when K-Fed starts doing the Materlock Challenge. :-\

Kane Knight
01-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Given some time, I think he could show us something impressive. He's boring, sloppy, and largely unimpressive. For years, people were saying dead silence was the only effective way to show hos much you hate a wrestler, and Masters may truly be the most hated man to ever set foot in a ring by that marker.

Tommy Gunn
01-07-2007, 02:17 PM

That's actually a great idea, Masters could use a manager to help add depth to his character.

Plus, what the hell has Torrie done in the past few years apart from appear in Playboy? She needs the character development as much as Masters.

2 birds 1 stone... Even though it's probably very unlikely to happen.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, the only reason I thought about it was because this was the first time I ever saw them advertise a Carlito match with Torrie standing next to him in the graphic. Almost like they don't want you to forget that she will indeed be at ringside. I've seen them ignore larger things, but it's at least something to consider until it actually happens.

Kane Knight
01-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, that seems a bit of a telegraph.

.44 Magdalene
01-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm still not big on Masters, but I do think he's improved quite a bit since getting off the 'roids. Some of the shit he did mid-2006 was damn near watchable.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I think a lot of people got sour on him because of the Masterlock Challenge, which I don't view as his fault. People were so fed up with him that anything decent he did, they weren't ready to enjoy.

That's just my theory. He's not a terrible worker, and I think he's hilarious on the mic. Perfect heel 'bully' character, if you ask me.

Fignuts
01-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Well he's petty awful in the ring, so I give him a 90% chance of success in WWE.

BobBitchen
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Vince voice on/

NO!!!!!NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!!!!

\Vince voice off

Corkscrewed
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
<s>Chris Masters</s> Anyone on roids=success.

<s>Chris Masters</s> Anyone off roids=failure.

Simple mathematics.

Rammsteinmad
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Have Carlito turn on Torrie and team with Masters. Three birds with one stone.

1. Heel Carlito.
2. Tag Team partner for Masters = something for both of 'em to do.
3. Goodbye Torrie.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Maybe it's just because he's in the WWE doghouse, but I kind of like Masters these days.

He's young, so he's got plenty of time, and he's got that willingness to learn that you don't find as often as you should. As time goes on, I think Masters will get better and better, and he will eventually blossom into something more than a mindless hoss. I really liked the angle they were running when he first made his debut. It seemed like he was going to be the "toughest kid from The O.C.", and I didn't mind it one bit. Then they kind of turned him into a muscle head. No one gets over by being stupid. Give Masters some brains, and he might get over a little bit more.

Apparently Dave Lagana wants him in ECW, so he can get a push. I really don't want to see that. I mean, it'd be great for him, but I think the guy needs to do some mid-card work first. Put the IC Title on him, or send him to SmackDown!. There's no hurry for a main event push.

Jim Cornette once said that in a few years, Masters could be "huge". He was right about John Cena, Batista and Randy Orton. I just hope when he was talking about Chris Masters, he wasn't referring to his size. :-\

Kane Knight
01-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Hmmm...The Masterlock challenge v Sandman would be awesome.