PDA

View Full Version : Children of Men (starts with a rant)

Stickman
01-08-2007, 02:58 PM
I was supposed to watch this with my gf, my brother and his girl, his girl's sister and her man. My bro says to meet them at the theater for 6:45 for the 7:10 movie. I said that it's going to be hella busy as that theater is always packed and it's opening weekend. I get there at 6:30, get my tickets after 15 minutes in line, go sit down, and me and my gf are trying to save 6 seats. I feel like Elaine from Seinfeld trying to save all those seats. So I call my brother at 7:05 and he says he's just pulling into the lobby now and they won't be able to get in so they're going home to rent a movie. Fucking prick! I didn't really want to see the movie but did because we were all going to hang out after. I fucking hate getting stood up like that.

SO my gf and I stayed and watched this movie. We thought, ok, it may be good, it got decent reviews. Fuck it was such a let down. I won't say a bad movie, but very let down. It ended with a lot of loose ends, and just seemed like a WW2, Nazi Germany movie with a twist of nobody being able to get pregnant.

Anybody who saw this please tell me what you thought, we were really let down.

Champion of Europa
01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I like loose ends. I like ambiguity.

Stickman
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Did you see this movie?

Ogen
01-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah got fussed over a bit but it was fairly crap.

Champion of Europa
01-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Did you see this movie?

Nope. I was speaking generally.

Blitz
01-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I enjoyed it. Couple of twists I didn't see coming, and the final combat scene was really intense and well done.

I didn't have any problem with the ending.

Pinnacle Charisma
01-10-2007, 04:32 AM
The ending was good how the fuck else where you going to end it.

All in alll a good night out

Stickman
01-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Unless my gf and I missed something (which is possible because my cock was in her hand) did they ever explain the Human Project?

Triple A
01-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I liked it. That last battle scene was amazing, and the scene where the burning car is coming down in front of them was probably one of the coolest scenes I have ever seen in a movie.

Outsider
01-12-2007, 06:17 AM
I liked the dire predicition of how the villifcation of immigrants in this country is going to end up.

ClockShot
01-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Just got back. I thought it was a good movie all around. In most movies I've seen lately, this one blew by rather fast. And as I was walking down the row of theatres, Curse of the Golden Flower made it to my theatre.:D

Lara Emily
01-15-2007, 01:32 AM
It's Fantastic, Fan-Fucking-Tastic, easily the best directed movie of the year

The Icon of Elisim
01-15-2007, 04:20 PM
I really enjoyed the movie. It was weird, the action was great and the atmosphere was great. Not everything was explained but you understand whats going on in their world because of top notch direction and attention to detail.

They dont outright say what the human project is because no one knows what it is, and many people consider it to be non-existent. At least that was what I gathered

El Capitano Gatisto
01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
I liked it, and the ending made sense seeing as the film was about Clive Owen's character. Clive Owen is one of my favourite actors now. The battle scenes are ridiculously good.

However, I watched I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (which is a great thing to say every now and again when people ask you why you spend all weekend drinking and not sleeping) and the ending of it really fucked me off. Clive Owen spends most of the film sporting an excellent beard and hair combo.

Triple A
01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Clive Owen is definitely one of my favorite actors right now too. Fell in love with him after Closer.

El Capitano Gatisto
01-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Watch I'll Sleep When I'm Dead just for his hair/beard combo.

DaveWadding
05-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Stickman, don't you know that Pee-Wee Herman got arrested for jacking off at the movies? Maybe this is something you should consider...

To justify the thread bump, I watched this the other night. It was really good. Clive Owen = :love:

Dave Youell
05-23-2007, 04:14 AM
The fact that there's no cuts in the final battle scene for like 10 minutes is amazing.

Easily one of the best worked action scenes I've ever because of that fact alone

Boondock Saint
05-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Excellent movie.

Mr Regal
05-23-2007, 08:06 AM
I read in an interview with the director that the final battle scene had a sheduled 14 day shoot. By day 12 they had nothing on film, they spent the whole time rehearsing. It shows in the final cut, because that scene is fucking amazing.

Oh and the film is awesome i loved it. I didn't think it was like a nazi war movie at all.

Stickman
05-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Stickman, don't you know that Pee-Wee Herman got arrested for jacking off at the movies? Maybe this is something you should consider...

To justify the thread bump, I watched this the other night. It was really good. Clive Owen = :love:

It's called a treadmill, you should try it sometime.