PDA

View Full Version : With HHH now out 4-6 months with the new quad tear, speculate what the new plans

Splaya
01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
For mania should be.

Everyone was hell bent on Cena Vs HHH. I'd do Orton vs Cena now. I know a lot of you are going to say no, blah blah blah. But look at it like this. Orton and Edge are going to have some kind of celebration tonight. Orton could say that he killed not only the Legend of DX but the Legend of HHH by tearing his quad. You could do Orton/Cena and Edge vs Michaels.

Innovator
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Do you want WWE to lose more ratings? After last night's debacle of a chair run in, Orton should be lucky to ever see the top of the card.

Splaya
01-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Simple miscommunication. I'm not saying give the title to Orton but Orton vs Cena has always been the dream match for the title

Blitz
01-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I would bet HHH will be back by Mania.

RP
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM
DINO BRAVO VS A LOADED PISTOL *** MAIN EVENT ***

Splaya
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM
AS far as I can see ratings aren't going to get much worse either

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Hmm, I think Mr. Kennedy should be in the main event of WrestleMania. Some may say it is too early, but the guy is being built up as a star. Not only that, but as a heel star. Have him win the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania, and defeat The Undertaker one last time, maybe at No Way Out in a Hell in a Cell Match to retain his World Heavyweight Championship.

Who is his opponent at WrestleMania? I want it to be Chris Benoit, and in a dream world it would be, but Shawn Michaels seems like a much more realistic pick. He wins the Royal Rumble in his hometown, jumps over to SmackDown!, and we see a classic heel Champion vs. babyface challenger feud develop. Batista wins a Money in the Bank Battle Royal earlier in the night (I think the TLC stip will be saved for tag team nostalgia), and Mr. Kennedy retains against Shawn Michaels.

The program for Judgment Day is Mr. Kennedy vs. Batista, and Shawn Michaels then takes some time off before returning with Triple H to RAW (because you know it will happen).

As for Edge and Randy Orton? I see them being involved in the program around the WWE Championship. I think a fourth man will get involved, though. I just can't think of who. Maybe they'll grow some balls, and put Carlito in the main event. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch, and they wouldn't put the Title on him. I see Edge walking away with the gold.

CSL
01-08-2007, 05:09 PM
<font color=white>I wouldn't be suprised if Edge goes face sometime soon against Randy. Dunno when though.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Another random match idea:

John Cena vs. Edge vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam in an Elimination Chamber World Title Unification Match

The Champions get the advantage over the challengers, so we start off with Chris Benoit and Rob Van Dam tearing it up for a bit. Edge then enters the match, and exerts himself on it. Before he can eliminate anyone, John Cena comes in and gets at the throat of Edge (who he would be feuding with). Mr. Kennedy then enters, and picks at his opponents. We still don't have an elimination when Bobby Lashley enters, and we have the first Elimination Chamber Match in history to have all six guys in the ring at the same time.

Rob Van Dam is eliminated first, after a Kenton Bomb by Mr. Kennedy off the top of a pod. Kennedy is the first Champion eliminated after John Cena forces him to pass out to the STFU. The ECW World Champion, Bobby Lashley, is eliminated by John Cena, who pins the big man after an F-U. That leaves Cena, Edge and Benoit. John Cena is about to F-U Chris Benoit, when Edge Spears him, and Benoit falls on top for the pin.

Chris Benoit and Edge go at it, and we get a spot where Edge is in the Crippler Crossface, and he gets to the ropes, but Benoit will not break the hold. Edge taps, and the first-ever WWE World Heavyweight Champion is Chris Benoit!

I need to cut out the weed.

Splaya
01-08-2007, 05:56 PM
LOL

I really hope they just throw loads and loads of money at Jericho.

Xero
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Just stop it with the roster split ending. It isn't going to happen anytime soon.

mike627
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Hmm, I think Mr. Kennedy should be in the main event of WrestleMania. Some may say it is too early, but the guy is being built up as a star. Not only that, but as a heel star. Have him win the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania, and defeat The Undertaker one last time, maybe at No Way Out in a Hell in a Cell Match to retain his World Heavyweight Championship.

Who is his opponent at WrestleMania? I want it to be Chris Benoit, and in a dream world it would be, but Shawn Michaels seems like a much more realistic pick. He wins the Royal Rumble in his hometown, jumps over to SmackDown!, and we see a classic heel Champion vs. babyface challenger feud develop. Batista wins a Money in the Bank Battle Royal earlier in the night (I think the TLC stip will be saved for tag team nostalgia), and Mr. Kennedy retains against Shawn Michaels.

The program for Judgment Day is Mr. Kennedy vs. Batista, and Shawn Michaels then takes some time off before returning with Triple H to RAW (because you know it will happen).

As for Edge and Randy Orton? I see them being involved in the program around the WWE Championship. I think a fourth man will get involved, though. I just can't think of who. Maybe they'll grow some balls, and put Carlito in the main event. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch, and they wouldn't put the Title on him. I see Edge walking away with the gold.Sorry Alieniod,but Kennedy is not championship material he was never ment to be in the title picture just like MVP he's there as a mid-card heel.:|

Xero
01-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Sorry Alieniod,but Kennedy is not championship material he was never ment to be in the title picture just like MVP he's there as a mid-card heel.:|
I disagree to an extent. Yes, right now I can't see him holding the championship, and ESPECIALLY headlining Mania. In a year or two? Probably, but not yet, it's too soon, and you know what us fans say when they blow their load too soon...

It's like the worst facial we've ever received.

:shifty:

Savio
01-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Vince is gonna come out tonight and say since he beat flair in 2002 the is no need for DX

El Fangel
01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I can't wait until I find out what happens tonight.

Xero
01-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I can't wait until I find out what happens tonight.
Pretty sad that it takes accidentally injuring someone to make people want to tune in.

Though yeah, tonight should be interesting.

El Fangel
01-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Who said I would be tuning in, Ill read about it on here, and I only want to know how bad HHH got hurt, afer that I could care less.

Savio
01-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Pretty sad that it takes accidentally injuring someone to make people want to tune in.

Though yeah, tonight should be interesting.
Shane: Wow dad that unexpected injury help boost ratings 25%

Vince: Hmmmm

*Next night on ECW*

Shannon Moore: Fight the power- What the!

*Vince proceds to beat Shannon Moore senselessly with a pipe*

Xero
01-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Who said I would be tuning in, Ill read about it on here, and I only want to know how bad HHH got hurt, afer that I could care less.
Still, that will be the main reason people will.

El Fangel
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I know... Pretty sad isn't it, one of like 3 people that made Raw worthwhile is leaving, and the ratings jump.

RGWhat316
01-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Looks like this is true, and it does suck. It seems now almost every year a big name star is getting injured around Wrestlemania time, looking at Batista last year.

And I actually agree with Splaya. I would like to see Cena/Orton for the title at WM, with Orton winning it.

Jeritron
01-08-2007, 07:34 PM
If it was going to happen, at least it happened with enough time to rearrange plans. Imagine if his quad had teared in late Febuary or early March...

Xero
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, or even the RAW before Mania. Man that would have been disastrous.

Since it happened before the Rumble, they have plenty of time to shift things around.

RGWhat316
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
And since we have almost 4 months until WM, I wouldn't be surprised if HHH worked himself into a match. Even if he wasn't 100%.

Xero
01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
He could be the "Special Enforcer" for the title match, screw Cena out of the title, then pull a WrestleMania 9 Hogan and beat the champion in 2 seconds, beating out Nash's old record.

Jeritron
01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Wouldn't Wrestlemania be less than 3 months away? I think its safe to assume he's out of action for WM, whether or not he'll physically be at the event remains to be seen.

Xero
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
By then he'd more than likely be back doing backstage stuff (and even if he wasn't he would be for Mania), so an on-camera role wouldn't be too far-fetched.

I Love Alexandria
01-08-2007, 09:06 PM
WOW The Great Khali is gonna get the Push to Mania i guess

Jeritron
01-08-2007, 09:12 PM
ummm, no. He's getting a Raw debut push tonight, after that he'll be fueding with someone in the midcard until he fails on Monday Nights too.

AdrianM
01-08-2007, 10:05 PM
NYR is cursed.

Wasn't it two years ago that Eugene and Lita both got injured?

Kane Knight
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Do you want WWE to lose more ratings?

I do. Sometimes you can't help your friend until he hits rock bottom.

As for the rest, it's infantile to hold that against Orton.

Kane Knight
01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Hmm, I think Mr. Kennedy should be in the main event of WrestleMania.

I'll chime in with the "too early" bit. I think he's phenomenal, but I'd just as soon they not overpush him like they have with so many others.

Though I wouldn't object to him ending Taker's Streak.

FourFifty
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Shane: Wow dad that unexpected injury help boost ratings 25%

Vince: Hmmmm

*Next night on ECW*

Shannon Moore: Fight the power- What the!

*Vince proceds to beat Shannon Moore senselessly with a pipe*

Beating up chicks is NOT a good idea.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Beating up chicks is NOT a good idea.

Controversy Creates Cash!

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh yeah, I definitely believe that under normal circumstances, it is too early for Mr. Kennedy to receive the push. I mean, it is the guy's first WrestleMania. It's just that if the current plan is to use someone who is so far from being ready, like Randy Orton, you might as well bump up Kennedy.

The guy is probably challenging for the World Heavyweight Title at the Royal Rumble, anyway. He's defininately a main eventer now, not a mid-carder. It's just the level of his main eventing status that is debatable.

Jeritron
01-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Don't let a royal rumble title push fool you. It's good for him, but Royal Rumble title matches are a throwaway most of the time. In the past few years Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly and Scott Steiner have all main evented Royal Rumbles challenging for the title, so it doesn't say much for a push.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Don't let a royal rumble title push fool you. It's good for him, but Royal Rumble title matches are a throwaway most of the time. In the past few years Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly and Scott Steiner have all main evented Royal Rumbles challenging for the title, so it doesn't say much for a push.

Oh yeah, I am aware of the throwaway status of the Royal Rumble Title Match. It looks like we'll get Khali challenging this year. Kennedy just looked like a star on SmackDown! this week, and I think he's more ready than Randy Orton.

Jeritron
01-09-2007, 01:09 AM
He certainly is, I think the Royal Rumble match would give him a great rub, especially if they booked it to have him give Batista the match of his life and just barely fail. Then have him continue to get a steady push and buildup for maybe Summerslam time.

I don't think Khali will get the rumble title shot on Raw, I think we'll see and Umaga Cena rematch. I think after that they're gonna package Umaga and Khali as a dominant tag team that Estrada does all the talking for. Just a hunch.

Mercury Bullet
01-09-2007, 01:28 AM
If you want to throw out names of guys on the cusp of being ready for the main event and thrusting them into 'Mania..........

........why not CM Punk?

Seriously, from the promos for the rumble tonight they showed all three brands in the clips. Have Punk win the rumble and jump to Raw, either him or Cena turn heel, and boom....might be to soon to send Punk vaulting up so far so fast but in the current state of wrestling I say, why the hell not?

Jeritron
01-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Because jumping the gun is what they've done wrong with most of their current stars. On the other hand, they've missed the boat with a lot over the years. But if they're looking for someone to become a big star they need to book them correctly and allow them to grow into the star they're fit to be, instead of making a mold and squishing them into it and then shoving their new "face of the company" down our throats so much that we regret ever liking them in the first place.

CM Punk and Kennedy can be stars, just let them grow instead of jumping the gun on a good thing.
Stone Cold Steve Austin started his buzz int he summer of 96. Instead of thrusting him into the top role, he earned it by growing in popularity, and they did the right thing by putting him in the correct fueds and giving him the right booking along the way, until the ultimate push of winning a rumble and going to wrestlemania when and only when the timing was perfect.

Rammsteinmad
01-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Orton VS Cena
Michaels VS Edge

Sorted.

Mr. JL
01-09-2007, 04:02 AM
I'd laugh my ass off if the WWE decided to post-pone WrestleMania until Triple H's comeback.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 04:21 AM
I think it may be too early for CM Punk to headline WrestleMania, but I would not be opposed to him doing something major at the event. I'd love to see him end The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak.

I hope Umaga gets the title shot at the Royal Rumble. I just want to see Khali in the Rumble Match, and get eliminated by Kane, who goes on to eliminate at least 12 guys, beating his own record in the match.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Orton VS Cena
Michaels VS Edge

Sorted.

To be perfectly honest, I'd rather see John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels and Edge vs. Randy Orton.

Jeritron
01-09-2007, 04:30 AM
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather see all 4 of them in a fatal four way for the title.

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Yes, let's put CM Punk, who's been in WWE for like 3 weeks and beaten up primarily jobbers (UNDEFEATED AGAINST SCOTTY II HOTTY LAWLZ) And have him ME.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 09:07 AM
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather see all 4 of them in a fatal four way for the title.

That'd be my pick, too.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Yes, let's put CM Punk, who's been in the business for like 3 weeks and beaten up primarily jobbers (UNDEFEATED AGAINST SCOTTY II HOTTY LAWLZ) And have him ME.

CM Punk's been in the business for like 8 years, and been in several WWE main event-level matches already. I get your point, and don't necessarily disagree with it, but when you have The Great Khali, as a rumoured option, CM Punk doesn't look that bad.

Punk's not likely to do a runner. I mean, his size kind of limits him from professional sports, and I doubt he's stupid enough to jump to MMA, or even TNA, so the Lesnar issue isn't really worth bringing up.

addy2hotty
01-09-2007, 09:11 AM
It's got to be Michaels in the ME against Cena. So what if it's face vs face. If it was going to be Trips vs Cena then everyone would have booed Cena out the fucking building anyway.

IMO, Michaels has been the MVP for pretty much all of the recent darks days in the WWE. He deserves the title, he's one of about 3 real stars on Raw, and we've had Edge vs Cena for most of last year. Orton is still not ready, and needs a MAJOR singles full-time feud (not a Foley type one) to solidify himself.

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 09:21 AM
CM Punk's been in the business for like 8 years, and been in several WWE main event-level matches already. I get your point, and don't necessarily disagree with it, but when you have The Great Khali, as a rumoured option, CM Punk doesn't look that bad.

Punk's not likely to do a runner. I mean, his size kind of limits him from professional sports, and I doubt he's stupid enough to jump to MMA, or even TNA, so the Lesnar issue isn't really worth bringing up.

I meant WWE.

Yeek.

I'm aware he's been in the business for a long time. Considering I was bashing him for well over a year before he entered WWE. ;)

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 09:25 AM
In any event, Khali's been in several higher profile matches than "I'm undefeated against Shannon Moore and the other ECW guys nobody will ever give a fuck about."

Which was the other half of my statement.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I know you meant the WWE, I was merely pointing out the fact that he isn't green. I responded to your "he's only faced jobber" statements. He's been in main event programs, and he's defeated former World Champions.

Do I think it may be a little too early to go the whole way with CM Punk? Yes. Do I think it is too early to start? Hell no, a program with a main eventer heading into WrestleMania would be fine with me. Of course, that is only my opinion.

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 09:41 AM
He's not green, that wasn't the argument.

I never said he only faced jobbers. That wasn't the argument either. Somehow, you managed to make up an entirely new argument again, 'Noid. You made up arguments on two counts and dodged a third.

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, let's put CM Punk, who's been in WWE for like 3 weeks and beaten up primarily jobbers (UNDEFEATED AGAINST SCOTTY II HOTTY LAWLZ) And have him ME.

Point out where I said only jobbers.

Please.

Because I really can't see it.

It's one thing simply to fail to get the point, which I could understand on the first count what with my fucking up.

It's another thing to simply reefute a claim that was never made, something you've been doing rather frequently.

Splaya
01-09-2007, 01:07 PM
It's got to be Michaels in the ME against Cena. So what if it's face vs face. If it was going to be Trips vs Cena then everyone would have booed Cena out the fucking building anyway.

I think that's where they shit themselves again. I firmly believe that they were going to turn Cena in this feud with HHH.

Mercury Bullet
01-09-2007, 04:16 PM
....might be to soon to send Punk vaulting up so far so fast but in the current state of wrestling I say, why the hell not?

I TOTALLY AGREE that it is too soon for him to be Main Eventing 'Mania and that was kind of the point I was making...however and with that said, LOOK AT WHO ELSE IS AVAILABLE! Would you rather watch Cena vs. Edge again? Or Cena vs. Batista? Cena vs. KHALI? Do any of those REALLY sound like a better choice? I'm saying that with the WWE in the toilet right now and arguably the biggest star in the company out of action THEY NEED SOMEONE NEW. They needed someone new anyway, but with trips down and out there is no better time than now.

As much as I can't stand Cena he seems to be okay with putting others over and even though I admit its too soon under ideal circumstances to put Punk, Kennedy, Carlito, Nitro, Benjamin, or any of those guys in the main event at 'Mania THIS IS NOT IDEAL CIRCUMSTANCES. Ratings suck, HHH is out, and its been years since something NEW happened. I think its beyond time to take the risk on somebody a little unproven and just see what can happen with them and how the crowd takes to them because honestly, things aren't going to get much worse.

Mercury Bullet
01-09-2007, 04:20 PM

...and look at how insanely over he has gotten by steamrolling Shannon Moore and other bums.

This is a guy who out-popped DX at Survivor Series, the whole team is in the ring together, DX, Hardy Boyz, and CM Punk. Triple H has the mic and what is the crowd chanting?

Arnold HamNegger
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather see all 4 of them in a TLC Match for the title.

Jeritron
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Vince would never allow a main event to be anythign other than a basic wrestling match, perhaps with no DQ, but I dont' think he'd ever allow for a TLC or cage or whatever type match.
Triple Threats and Fatal Fourways are just a variation of a basic singles match to try and get more star power, but even those are used rarely.

Innovator
01-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes, let's put CM Punk, who's been in WWE for like 3 weeks and beaten up primarily jobbers (UNDEFEATED AGAINST SCOTTY II HOTTY LAWLZ) And have him ME.Hell I'm probably the biggest Punk mark here and I don't think he's ready yet. In the eyes of WWE fans, he's some new guy whos beaten up a vampire, a punk poser, mike knox, and holly.

For Mania, I'd have Punk win MITB then move to RAW the next night.

Xero
01-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't put Punk anywhere near the title picture (aside from the ECW title, since that means jack shit) until at least SummerSlam, and wouldn't let him have a shot until Survivor Series.

Jeritron
01-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I'd groom him for next years Wrestlemania. They should push Kennedy and perhaps Carlito this summer and fall.
The best thing for CM Punk would be to work a program with RVD, and have RVD put him over since they seem to want to job him out until his contract expires anyways. At least get something good out of it. With some great matches and a high profile fued, Punk would get a great rub.

Then, I'd have them book him as ECW's first new TV champion, and then have him run with the belt for a long time...all summer.

Heres how I'd move him to Raw, book him in some kind of loser leaves ECW match, or put him in a fued with Heyman or something. However they do it, have him jump to run in a big move and believable fashion.
When hes there...fued him with Jeff Hardy or Edge, or whoever the IC champion is and let him run with that.
On monday nights is where his popularity would grow if at all. By january they could have him groomed to win the Royal Rumlbe. Have him gun for the Raw title (HHH? Edge?) and wrap up his IC fued with him losing the belt as a result of the WWE champ interfering. Then he goes over at mania and they let him run for the summer.

Innovator
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I think Carlito is the best guy suited to help out HBK with Orton and Edge. He's missing that thing to make people really care about him, and being with HBK would help him out.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 12:13 AM
I think they're gonna just end DX vs Rated RKO. How much longer woudl it have gone anyways?

El Fangel
01-10-2007, 03:34 AM
You know they would have dragged it out as long as they could.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Yea but I highly doubt they were going to continue the program into Wrestlemania. They would have obviously used those 4 names in some other capacity. And since theres not another Raw PPV until then, when would it have lasted to? A cage or hell in a cell or something at Royal Rumble, which they'd all be involved in the battle royal later as is.
I don't think this really hurts their plans for DX vs RKO, but it certainly hurts them for Wrestlemania and the cash cow they had in DX.

El Fangel
01-10-2007, 03:48 AM
I think a playboy evening gown match at WM would suffice don't you think?

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 08:55 AM
...and look at how insanely over he has gotten by steamrolling Shannon Moore and other bums.

Ummm...Retard? He was already over with the same folks he's over with now. He was getting huge pops at SS near his "home town" (Not literally, but in essence) after working in the business for nearly a decade? Wow. Fucking shocker.

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Hell I'm probably the biggest Punk mark here and I don't think he's ready yet. In the eyes of WWE fans, he's some new guy whos beaten up a vampire, a punk poser, mike knox, and holly.

A Punk fan without Rectal-Cranial inversion? :eek:

What Would Kevin Do?
01-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Punk isn't ready. With that said, he'd be a FAR superior choice than Khali. I don't care how many 'high profile matches" Khali has had. He's shit in the ring, the fans aren't into him, and a few months ago, there were rumors of WWE dropping him because he was so horrible. At least if they use someone like Punk, they can make people actually CARE about the match.

Innovator
01-10-2007, 02:12 PM
A Punk fan without Rectal-Cranial inversion? :eek:whodvethunkit?

Mercury Bullet
01-10-2007, 03:18 PM
He was already over with the same folks he's over with now. He was getting huge pops at SS near his "home town" (Not literally, but in essence) after working in the business for nearly a decade? Wow. Fucking shocker.

Wasn't Survivor Series in Philadelphia? Philly is not all that close to Chicago for one...but Philly is a "smark" crowd so I'll give you the point for the argument that OF COURSE he's going to get popped big in the environment.

As for him being over with the same people as he was already...listen to his reactions because thats ALOT of people. If alot of people liked him in the first place, how is it diminishing that he is still over with all the same people? Does that mean that even though The Great Khali gets little to no reaction he's actually more over than Punk because Punk has only kept the same fan base?

Mercury Bullet
01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
And again, as far as CM Punk really being READY for that environment...I SAID HE WASN'T!

AND AGAIN, however, would it really be WORSE than whats going on now?

Mercury Bullet
01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Punk isn't ready. With that said, he'd be a FAR superior choice than Khali. I don't care how many 'high profile matches" Khali has had. He's shit in the ring, the fans aren't into him, and a few months ago, there were rumors of WWE dropping him because he was so horrible. At least if they use someone like Punk, they can make people actually CARE about the match.

EXACTLY my point. Thank you. :y:

johnny nintendo
01-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Okay I know this makes no sense at all, but if it could happen these are a few ideas for WM23. Only my opinion so bash me if you want. Just remember anything is better than what WWE is doing now, with the exception of Jimmy Wang Yang

Hogan vs. Austin-Main Event
Cena vs. Jericho-Hell Bring him in for Mania
Rock vs. HBK-See above
RVD+Sabu vs. Rated RKO-I'm sure RVD+Sabu are on their way out so job them out

Mike Tyson vs. Khali-Boxing Match

addy2hotty
01-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Forgive me, but I haven't seen any 'insanely overness' for Punk. He's got a few moderate pops from the ECW audience, and obviously that thing in Philly, but is he REALLY as over as people say he is?

Feel free to correct me, and show vids etc, but I don't see it.

Splaya
01-11-2007, 06:53 PM

I've said it before and I will say it again. Put Taker vs Cena label it " The championship vs the Undefeated streak" and trust me, people will care

Jeritron
01-11-2007, 06:55 PM
He's not because hes on ECW. He needs to be on Raw holding the IC title.

Mercury Bullet
01-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Forgive me, but I haven't seen any 'insanely overness' for Punk. He's got a few moderate pops from the ECW audience, and obviously that thing in Philly, but is he REALLY as over as people say he is?

Feel free to correct me, and show vids etc, but I don't see it.

Did you watch Survivor Series? If anyone has a video of the beginning of that match please post. Anyway, here is the scene; Hardy Boys, DX, and CM Punk are in the ring. Triple H has the mic and is getting ready to do his usual thing but the crowd wont shut up with a "CM Punk" chant. Trips then uses it to spin Punk into his thing by having Punk ask "Are you ready?" The crowd chanted for him off and on through the match. Anyway, point being, he is in the ring with a freshly united Hardy Boyz and arguably the two biggest stars in the company and the crowd was chanting for him, not anyone else.

St. Jimmy
01-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Punk has an RVD2001-esque OVER feeling with the crowd. But if Vince didn't push RVD then, he's not gonna push Punk now.

addy2hotty
01-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Did you watch Survivor Series? If anyone has a video of the beginning of that match please post. Anyway, here is the scene; Hardy Boys, DX, and CM Punk are in the ring. Triple H has the mic and is getting ready to do his usual thing but the crowd wont shut up with a "CM Punk" chant. Trips then uses it to spin Punk into his thing by having Punk ask "Are you ready?" The crowd chanted for him off and on through the match. Anyway, point being, he is in the ring with a freshly united Hardy Boyz and arguably the two biggest stars in the company and the crowd was chanting for him, not anyone else.

Read my post again dickweed. Where was Survivor Series held again?

Mercury Bullet
01-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Read my post again dickweed. Where was Survivor Series held again?

Regardless you can't write it off like it didn't happen. Your argument is he's gotten pops in ECW and Philly...well, isn't that pretty much everywhere he has been thus far while in the WWE? Thanks for proving my point. Dickweed.

Mercury Bullet
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
As a matter of fact I think his only other appearance on TV was the Raw from Iraq and he got a pretty big pop from there too...

Mercury Bullet
01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Punk has an RVD2001-esque OVER feeling with the crowd. But if Vince didn't push RVD then, he's not gonna push Punk now.

And that appears oh so true after his clean loss to Hardcore Holly. :nono:

addy2hotty
01-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Regardless you can't write it off like it didn't happen. Your argument is he's gotten pops in ECW and Philly...well, isn't that pretty much everywhere he has been thus far while in the WWE? Thanks for proving my point. Dickweed.

I actually said 'moderate' pops in ECW. People were saying that he has been getting huge pops, and I said I hadn't seen it when I've seen him with the EXCEPTION of Survivor Series. He didn't get huge pops at D2D.

I also asked to be proved wrong, which you haven't done. You have managed to make yourself look an idiot though. No attempt to use my point that you actually ARGUED WITH as evidence to back up your own unsubstantiated point is going to change that.

Mercury Bullet
01-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I actually said 'moderate' pops in ECW. People were saying that he has been getting huge pops, and I said I hadn't seen it when I've seen him with the EXCEPTION of Survivor Series. He didn't get huge pops at D2D.

I also asked to be proved wrong, which you haven't done. You have managed to make yourself look an idiot though. No attempt to use my point that you actually ARGUED WITH as evidence to back up your own unsubstantiated point is going to change that.

A "moderate" pop is about as good as it gets at an ECW show. 1) The crowd is usually dead. 2) The ECW shows have much smaller crowds so its physically impossible for them to be louder than the crowd at say, a Raw PPV. He gets about as big of a pop as you can get at an ECW show. 3) This ties into #1, the D2D PPV was so awful by the time the main event rolled around nothing could have got that crowd into a match or promo or anything.

And I dont see how I look like an idiot by stating these points and also using your own statement, that statement being along the lines of "Moderate pops at ECW shows and big pop at SS"...ECW shows and the SS PPV is about all he's done. Do you expect the crowd at Raw to just start chanting "CM Punk" in the middle of a Rated RKO promo? Logically he can only be popped for in something he is involved in. (Only exception to that being TNA and VKM chants on WWE programming)

Mercury Bullet
01-12-2007, 12:56 PM
And if you really care to get video proof go look it up. I think that anyone who has watched these shows can agree to my statements about them and back it up.

addy2hotty
01-12-2007, 05:26 PM
A "moderate" pop is about as good as it gets at an ECW show. 1) The crowd is usually dead. 2) The ECW shows have much smaller crowds so its physically impossible for them to be louder than the crowd at say, a Raw PPV. He gets about as big of a pop as you can get at an ECW show. 3) This ties into #1, the D2D PPV was so awful by the time the main event rolled around nothing could have got that crowd into a match or promo or anything.

And I dont see how I look like an idiot by stating these points and also using your own statement, that statement being along the lines of "Moderate pops at ECW shows and big pop at SS"...ECW shows and the SS PPV is about all he's done. Do you expect the crowd at Raw to just start chanting "CM Punk" in the middle of a Rated RKO promo? Logically he can only be popped for in something he is involved in. (Only exception to that being TNA and VKM chants on WWE programming)

I thought ECW was mainly done before SD? In the same arena? Correct me if I'm wrong but that would give an oppotunity for some big poppage.

The state of the D2D PPV is irrelevant, if he's as over as you are seemingly saying, then surely it would have picked the crowd up?

No, I don't expect random CM Punk chants tbh, first of all he'd need to be over.

addy2hotty
01-12-2007, 05:27 PM
And if you really care to get video proof go look it up. I think that anyone who has watched these shows can agree to my statements about them and back it up.

Back it up then. I'm not on the defensive. You are. Find me the videos and I'll agree with you.

Russenmafia
01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Wasn't Survivor Series in Philadelphia? Philly is not all that close to Chicago for one...but Philly is a "smark" crowd so I'll give you the point for the argument that OF COURSE he's going to get popped big in the environment.

As for him being over with the same people as he was already...listen to his reactions because thats ALOT of people. If alot of people liked him in the first place, how is it diminishing that he is still over with all the same people? Does that mean that even though The Great Khali gets little to no reaction he's actually more over than Punk because Punk has only kept the same fan base?

They could use that big Russian MMA dude against Khali. Two huge guys who give awful promo's squaring off at WM. Think of the buyrates.

Mercury Bullet
01-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Find me the videos and I'll agree with you.

I have the feeling even with a video of a pop for CM Punk you will acknowledge it only as "Moderate" so I'm not going to waste my time. I will concede that the level of the pop is subjective to personal belief as to what is "big" or "moderate" or "weak", etc. There is too much gray area to definitively prove a point.