PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown!

Russenmafia
01-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Whats are your thoughts on how Smackdown! has been recently. Personally I think it has been solid the last couple of weeks. Michael Hayes being head of creative for SD has been a good move (Mostly for getting rid of that overrated cunt Lashley). The show sticks to wrestling mainly, the promo's are minimal but hype the match/ppv as they should. You do get your crap like the Diva's and Boogeyman but they are more pros than cons.

Best things about SD are...

Helms (Hopefully he doesn't get buried too badly out this Boogeyman feud)
Kennedy
Benoit
MVP
Booker
Finlay
JBL's commentary
Teddy Long as GM
London and Kendrick
Regal

Schoenauer
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Better enjoy SmackDown! while you can then, because I have a sinking feeling Vince will do something stupid and fire Michael Hayes.

Xero
01-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Hayes is booking SmackDown?

Russenmafia
01-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Better enjoy SmackDown! while you can then, because I have a sinking feeling Vince will do something stupid and fire Michael Hayes.

I am enjoying this run of good shows while I can cause its bound to go tits up eventually. The only gripe I have with the show is Helms is getting buried by the Boogeyman.

mike627
01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
SD is the cartoon network brand of WWE they cater to the kids and play it safe with their matches you do get a HIAC,an Inerno match every once in a while but it's mostly a kids show.

St. Jimmy
01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Wrestling begins and ends on Mondays. Get over it.

XL
01-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Wrestling begins and ends on Mondays. Get over it.
If that is true, wrestling is in more trouble than I realised!

AdrianM
01-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I've only had cablefor the last 3-4 months, but Smackdown has been really good that whole time.

Raw...well, thats another matter. its looks like another crap show, but for some reason, I'm gonna watch itin about an hour's time...morbid fascination i suppose

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 10:08 PM
SmackDown! is proof that wrestlers writing > Nickelodeon rejects. It's amazing, SmackDown! generally has less time a week than the RAW brand does (as they also have Heat), yet SmackDown has about twice as much wrestling.

Here's what I'm hoping/predicting (kind of a hybrid of both) for this week:

* Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick without time limits
* Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Vito in a Beat the Clock Sprint
* King Booker & Chavo Guerrero vs. Kane & Gregory Helms
* Matt Hardy vs. William Regal in a Beat the Clock Sprint
* Tatanka vs. Jimmy Wang Yang without time limits
* The Undertaker vs. Finlay in a Beat the Clock Sprint
* The Undertaker & Chris Benoit vs. Mr. Kennedy & Finlay

It's not going to play out exactly like that, but SmackDown! generally follows a stream of logic, and I have at times predicted about 80% of the card by following the events of the previous week. RAW is just random shit thrown out there each and every week.

-Paul London and Brian Kendrick wrestled to a Time Limit Draw last week, so let them go for a solid outing this week. I enjoyed their match last week, mainly because it was a 7-minute introduction into an hour-long match, but this week, cut out a lot of the feeling out, and have them work a more fun match. The winner of this match is beat-down by La Resistance afterwards, setting up a WWE Tag Team Championship Match at the Royal Rumble.

-MVP, Matt Hardy, The Undertaker and Finlay are four of six remaining participants in the Beat the Clock Sprint confirmed. The other two will likely be Vito (to promote his Playgirl shit) and William Regal (because he's a reliable wrestler with some credibility). I can't see anyone beating Kennedy to be quite frank, although if they serve out Funaki to Finlay, things may be different. Anyway, I see Kennedy making sure The Undertaker doesn't win his match in time, which leads to Theodore Long making an impromptu tag team main event. The Undertaker and Chris Benoit teaming up is a mark's wet dream combined with a smark's wet dream. Mr. Kennedy and Finlay would make a blonde-haired jobbing union in this match.

-Kane & Gregory Helms teaming up is not likely to happen, but it kind of makes sense. Kane and Chavo Guerrero were opponents last week, King Booker and Gregory Helms were opponents last week. You could have Kane & King Booker vs. Gregory Helms & Chavo Guerrero, but that takes the wind out of the sails a bit, as Kane and Booker have been battling in main events as top heel and a top face, respectively. This would be fun, as Kane & Helms are former World Tag Team Champions.

-Tatanka vs. Jimmy Wang Yang in a match without time limits makes sense in the same context as Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick. It keeps some of SmackDown!'s lower-card acts on television, and it allows them to actually earn their salary.

Batsu
01-10-2007, 02:04 PM
It's already superior to Raw (not like that's difficult).

Boogeyman SUCKS. That's the only time I change the channel.

But everything else seems like it makes sense (even anachronisms like Tatanka and the like) as far as a wrestling show goes.