PDA

View Full Version : LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL *ECW SPOILER*

St. Jimmy
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Bob Holly just beat CM Punk Clean.

Spinning Alabama Slam.

Blitz
01-09-2007, 10:08 PM
WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE STUPID........Nah, I can't even pretend to be surprised at this point.

Savio
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
that'll show punk. hmmmm

St. Jimmy
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
He owned Punk the entire match. Almost looked like a squash.

Schoenauer
01-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Looks like Punk hasn't paid his dues.

Londoner
They never learn do they?

Mr. Nerfect
LMAO! That isn't at the expense of Punk, but at the expense of the WWE. Fuck they're stupid.

I mean, I see why they're doing it. Punk hasn't "paid his dues", and Holly is probably the last top heel they have after Test, but come on. Clean?

When does Punk's contract come up? I ask this in all seriousness, because Punk is on good terms with Heyman, isn't he? I mean, Paul E. did make him a Triple Crown Champion down in OVW. If Rob Van Dam, Sabu, CM Punk, Sandman and Tommy Dreamer all walk away from the WWE, and a few talent walk away from TNA, and we get some of ROH's finest and brightest...:drool:

Of course, I am a living in a crystal-meth inspired world.

Innovator
Of all the people to beat Punk...Holly? Way to kill off Punk's momentum entirely.

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 10:13 PM
that'll show punk. hmmmm

How dare he be the most successful face act on WWE television, and the only real chance we have of getting back into the mainstream? :foc:

God, the WWE are so fucking stupid.

Innovator
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
He outpopped DX, he must learn his lesson!

Mr. Nerfect
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
He outpopped DX, he must learn his lesson!

His natural personality and charisma is drawing people into our programming! We must stop this!

Justin Roberts: Ladies and gentleman...lock away your daughters, because weighing in at 222lbs, from a pub in Chicago, Illinois...CM Punk, "The Lovable Drunk"!

:'(

Innovator
01-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Honestly they should just hire Cabana and Danielson, shit on them too, that way wwe would kill off all my interest in wrestling

Innovator
01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
As long as Punk goes over in the end of the feud, it could be ok....but it's WWE Creative so Holly will dominate every match.

Xero
01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Didn't the WWE get Cabana? Or was he released or something?

Anyway, what are you going to do? It's WWE booking. At least he didn't job to Khali...

Unless he did, I haven't watched ECW for like four months...

redoneja
01-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Thank god I've become a casual fan. Makes everything much easier to laugh at.

Innovator
01-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for coming Tommy, don't forget to turn the lights out

redoneja
01-09-2007, 10:33 PM
If I had Sci-Fi in my dorm I would tune in right now. Anywho, I find it funny that everyone is so bothered by stuff like this. I wonder if Punk is bothered that he jobbed clean to Holly. Or is he just thinking about that statement he made in an interview that if the WWE misused him he would, "buy a nice house and a hummer[like Shannon Moore did]".

St. Jimmy
01-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Aerial omggg :drool:

Xero
01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
If I had Sci-Fi in my dorm I would tune in right now. Anywho, I find it funny that everyone is so bothered by stuff like this. I wonder if Punk is bothered that he jobbed clean to Holly. Or is he just thinking about that statement he made in an interview that if the WWE misused him he would, "buy a nice house and a hummer[like Shannon Moore did]".
I thought Shannon gave hummers... :wtf:

Splaya
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm glad I didn't watch this and have tuned in for the freaks match

owenbrown
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
WWE and the word "Creative" are a HUGE oxymoron. :shifty:

Xero
01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
WWE and the word "Creative" are a HUGE oxymoron. :shifty:
More like WWE UNCreative!

*Crickets* :$

RP
01-09-2007, 10:41 PM
I like Bob Holly, so i dont mind this.

SuperSlim
01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Lashley finally has a new theme but he still looks like a punk.

Innovator
01-09-2007, 10:46 PM
still has the charisma that can only be rivaled by Jay Lethal

Splaya
01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll tell you what, with the way everything has gone this week, the lack of sanity, the shitty booking, I'm willing to bet that if Vince is totally off his rocker, RVD wins this match

Innovator
01-09-2007, 10:52 PM
No way Splaya, that'd be a good thing.

Splaya
01-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow Lashley's ring entrance looks strangely familair. Oh Brock Lesnar

Splaya
01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
No way Splaya, that'd be a good thing.

Yeah but with everything that has gone on this week, it would not suprise me

KingofOldSchool
01-09-2007, 10:55 PM

You get in wrestling with hopes of being successful (winning titles and making a lot of money). And you can't be successful by jobbing cleanly to the likes of Hardcore Holly on a weekly basis.

And believe it or not, WWE don't pay their wrestlers as much as you'd think unless they are Main Eventers.

Splaya
01-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Holy shit

Splaya
01-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh now I like this ending.

Holy shit at the chairshot on Van Dam

St. Jimmy
01-09-2007, 10:59 PM
LOL. Test has girl legs.

Innovator
01-09-2007, 11:00 PM
LOL. Test has girl legs.seriously somebody ignores their legs just a bit in the gym

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 11:45 PM
LMAO! That isn't at the expense of Punk, but at the expense of the WWE. Fuck they're stupid.

Gotta agree.

I don't like the little Weasel, but to quote Bugs Bunny (Who makes more sense than WWE these days, but who doesn't?)., "What a way to run a railroad."

Come on, this is a horrible way to build people up. And they're doing it with so many people.

TerranRich
01-10-2007, 12:01 AM
If I had $1,000,000, I'd give Paul Heyman a business loan -- no, fuck it...a GRANT -- to start up a new wrestling organization. I mean srsly this is getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.

Shadow
01-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Way to go WWE. Way to go on building your brand. Big thumbs up. big big BIG Thumbs up.

Indifferent Clox
01-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Even though the Khali Match was rather eh, and the Hardcore Holly defeat was bullshit and the RVD/Lashley match ended in a dumb way The matches were good and I enjoyed the commentary for the first time in a while. I thought tonight's show was pretty damn good.

El Fangel
01-10-2007, 02:03 AM
Why am I not surprised in the least? also congrats on your next post clox.

St. Jimmy
01-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Why tonights ECW was good:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/shows1/ecwonscifi/photos/3689046/HollypinCM456.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/shows1/ecwonscifi/photos/3689046/thornarieldip456.jpg

Rammsteinmad
01-10-2007, 02:41 AM
I can't wait to see how what'll go wrong on Smackdown this week. :D

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 05:02 AM
I shouldn't laugh and say 'I told you so, minutes after the big pop thing at Survivor Series and got laughed at by most people on this board....', but I told you so.

Punk won't even appear at Mania. He will draw no.4 in the Rumble and be eliminated by JTG.

Crippla
01-10-2007, 05:04 AM
:nono: The one thing ECW had going for them was the way Punk was being pushed.

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 05:22 AM
:nono: The one thing ECW had going for them was the way Punk was being pushed.

A post I can reply to without abuse. Well done CC.

He hasn't been pushed since SS. You see, the WWE have mapped out plans for their next generation of big stars. Christian found that one out, and Punk is months - hell, probably years ahead of the McMahons schedule for him. Notice how after Heyman bites the dust, so does Punk - Heyman was big on Punk in the now. All the McMahons and their cronie writers are big on are Little Voice Lashley and Bobcore Holly. Punk's title push is at best, being saved for after Mania. Although the size of him, that push will probably be for the Cruiserweight Title on SD.

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 08:41 AM
I shouldn't laugh and say 'I told you so, minutes after the big pop thing at Survivor Series and got laughed at by most people on this board....', but I told you so.

Punk won't even appear at Mania. He will draw no.4 in the Rumble and be eliminated by Donald Trump.

Fixed. Anyway, I agree. But hey, I think we've established thta most of the smarks on this board are retarded. Remember Burchill? Remember the dozens of other people for that matter? Still, I can't help but remember how far Burchill was going to go, how Burchill was going to fly, how Burchill got to WWE, and his finisher was...A shoulder breaker into an armbar. And trying to make the best out of a bad situation, fanboys started going "OMG BEST ARMAR EVER! THAT WAS SICKKKKKKKKKKK!"

Serious learning disability.

Afterlife
01-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Me like-a da Burchill..

Me fifty-fifty kinda Punk.

Batsu
01-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Suddenly, I feel better about having watched Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Wrestling starts on Thursday nights for me, from now on.

Corkscrewed
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Punk's gotta pay his dues. You know he can't expect to get pushed in his FIRST year <s>since he's not a Brock Lesnar clone</s>. I mean, goodness, Bobcore's been around <s>jobber town</s> for ages. You think a young nobody like Punk can get over Hardcore Holly? The guy's only behind The Undertaker in backstage <s> senility</s> longevity. That Punk's gotta pay his dues, dammit! No one <s>under 6'4" and 275 lbs</s> gets a free ride in the business! You have to <s>suck Vince's cock</s> spend years slowly building your way up before you get a chance at stardom! C.M. Punk clearly <s>was caught making out with Stephanie</s> hasn't done that yet, and that is why he has to do it the <s>Johnny Ace</s> hard way. Punk can't rest on his laurels just because <s>he gets massively cheered everywhere</s> a few fans are very vociferous. This year is <s>MAKE IT OR BREAK IT</s> just the start for him, and he's going to have to work for a long time before he makes it near the top!!

The MAC
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
shut the fuck up! Vince knows you are gona watch next week...and so do you.

TerranRich
01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Fixed. Anyway, I agree. But hey, I think we've established thta most of the smarks on this board are retarded. Remember Burchill? Remember the dozens of other people for that matter? Still, I can't help but remember how far Burchill was going to go, how Burchill was going to fly, how Burchill got to WWE, and his finisher was...A shoulder breaker into an armbar. And trying to make the best out of a bad situation, fanboys started going "OMG BEST ARMAR EVER! THAT WAS SICKKKKKKKKKKK!"

Serious learning disability.

His finisher was the C4. I want you to try and do a C4 and come back and tell me how easy it was.

Destor
01-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Talk about over reacting. Wrestling runs in programs, one match means shit. If Holly wins the feud however then you all might have a reason to make this thread.

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Me like-a da Burchill..

Good thing he went far, eh?

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Burchill, the only thing I can remember about him was being dressed as a pirate at Wrestlemania. What was that about??

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 06:41 PM
His finisher was the C4. I want you to try and do a C4 and come back and tell me how easy it was.

When he came in, his finisher was "shoulder breaker into armbar."

I'm aware his finisher before that in the indies and after that was the C4. I'm also aware that your statement changes nothing, so I'm curious of the point. Paul Burchill was supposed to come into WWE and tear things up with his high-flying antics, and when the fanboys didn't get that, they defended what they did get--A guy who didn't fly, mostly brawled, and had a shite finisher--As though we were getting Ultimo Dragon, Kurt Angle, and Shawn Michaels rolled into one. It's got fuck all to do with the difficulty of the C-4, which is neither the finisher I was addressing, nor really the issue here.

The MAC
01-10-2007, 07:32 PM
cm punk in tna would be awesome! How much longer in his contract?

6to1
01-10-2007, 07:35 PM
well joes loss to angle does not look so bad now, better to lose to him then holly, so in the thread whos bigger joe or punk, joe is bigger now.

M-A-G
01-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Was a big deal ever really made out of his streak? Is it the finality of his career? Are you really that shocked it happened?

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Was a big deal ever really made out of his streak? Is it the finality of his career? Are you really that shocked it happened?

Not at all. I called it 2 months ago. In fact, in my post I'm sure I mentioned Holly.

Remember kiddies, Eddie G was destroyed by Big Show a couple of months before winning the WWE title off Lesnar.

Hope that gives you all hope.

KingofOldSchool
01-10-2007, 08:39 PM
It's not about the fact that Punk lost moreso the fact who he lost to and how.

Let's see...he lost to a middle aged never was mid-carder in Hardcore Holly. And he lost CLEAN to him. Punk hardly put up a fight near the end of the match.

You don't do that to a guy who clearly had more momentum on their side than most of the WWE roster currently has.

Corkscrewed
01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
shut the fuck up! Vince knows you are gona watch next week...and so do you.

Actually, I don't even have the Sci Fi channel. :D

Jeritron
01-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Though I don't think he should have lost cleanly to Holly, I'm not really suprised. I mean, we all love Punk, but did anyone honestly expect them to keep him undefeated and climb right up to the championship? He lost a match and it will happen again. It shouldn't kill his heat. Losing a match cleanly here or there isn't the equivalent of jobbing out.

addy2hotty
01-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Though I don't think he should have lost cleanly to Holly, I'm not really suprised. I mean, we all love Punk, but did anyone honestly expect them to keep him undefeated and climb right up to the championship? He lost a match and it will happen again. It shouldn't kill his heat. Losing a match cleanly here or there isn't the equivalent of jobbing out.

Careful Jeritron, you are contradicting yourself on seperate threads.

Perhaps he's a bit of an arrogant shit backstage? That would indicate why it was Bobcore Holly that he jobbed to. Had it been RVD or Lashley, then I doubt they'd be as much cafuffle about it.

If Trips is the Raw locker room leader, Taker the SD one, then I would say that since Heyman departed, Holly probably took over.

Afterlife
01-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Actually, I don't even have the Sci Fi channel. :D

Yeah, but if you did...! :lol:

Crippla
01-13-2007, 08:46 AM
I haven't been watching WWE TV at all for about a month. I've been keeping up with it by reading results online and everything. Since I'm a member of PWTorrents, I can watch good wrestling.

Jeritron
01-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Careful Jeritron, you are contradicting yourself on seperate threads.

Perhaps he's a bit of an arrogant shit backstage? That would indicate why it was Bobcore Holly that he jobbed to. Had it been RVD or Lashley, then I doubt they'd be as much cafuffle about it.

If Trips is the Raw locker room leader, Taker the SD one, then I would say that since Heyman departed, Holly probably took over.

What did I say in another thread? That he shouldn't lose? I'm saying they clearly have/and continue to fuck things up, but this single incident shouldn't destroy his career. He lost a match and it will happen again, whether or not it should be to Holly or not is another issue. I'll try and find what I said in another thread but I doubt its the opposite of that.

addy2hotty
01-14-2007, 08:33 AM
What did I say in another thread? That he shouldn't lose? I'm saying they clearly have/and continue to fuck things up, but this single incident shouldn't destroy his career. He lost a match and it will happen again, whether or not it should be to Holly or not is another issue. I'll try and find what I said in another thread but I doubt its the opposite of that.

You said in the other thread that they were killing his heat and it was bad. You said in this thread that they weren't killing his heat and it was ok.

Obviously I've paraphrased a bit in the above.

Jeritron
01-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Okay, I really can't remember what I said but what I was trying to say here is that this one incident shouldn't kill his heat. I don't remember ever saying anything about it from before but if I did here's what I basically feel: This is stupid and they shouldn't kill his heat by continuing shit like this, but if its limited to this event and other periodic losses it shouldn't be catastrophic.

Jeritron
01-14-2007, 08:54 AM
I looked through that other thread and I only said that they were idiots and fucking up, but they weren't actually trying to sabotage him/themselves. It may have come off as wishy washy since I'm saying that its stupid and I dont agree with it, but also thinking that its not the end of the world and they're not actually TRYING to kill his heat.

Testicle
01-14-2007, 11:44 AM
seriously somebody ignores their legs just a bit in the gym

They just look small compared to his upper body. And it doesn't matter cause girl legs is going to win the title on tuesday.

Afterlife
01-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Good thing he went far, eh?

In my opinion, going far no longer requires the WWE. As far as I'm aware, he's still under contract and still returning when his knee is 100%, but even if they dump him a la Test, there's plenty more he can do in life.

Pepsi Man
01-14-2007, 01:40 PM
...and the only real chance we have of getting back into the mainstream? ...

And this is where you lose credibility with me.

UmbrellaCorporation
01-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Gotta be honest, don't really give two shits about Punk at all, but burying him like this is criminal, especially when the guy is quite over, and solid in the ring.

Kane Knight
01-14-2007, 03:10 PM
In my opinion, going far no longer requires the WWE. As far as I'm aware, he's still under contract and still returning when his knee is 100%, but even if they dump him a la Test, there's plenty more he can do in life.

Ah, so it was not actually a related comment. Good to know. :y:

Kane Knight
01-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I looked through that other thread and I only said that they were idiots and fucking up, but they weren't actually trying to sabotage him/themselves. It may have come off as wishy washy since I'm saying that its stupid and I dont agree with it, but also thinking that its not the end of the world and they're not actually TRYING to kill his heat.

It's against the ToS to hold two separate thoughts in your head, or to post them any time remotely close to one another. Your pennance is two "Our Jerichos" 15 "Hail Sabins" and one "Basham 3:16." And I will give you thins to ponder: Addressing two elements of the same issue separately is obviously contradictory, so you're doing it to be contrary.

Kane Knight
01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Gotta be honest, don't really give two shits about Punk at all, but burying him like this is criminal, especially when the guy is quite over, and solid in the ring.

I really have to ask this, if you don't mind.

Is one loss now burial, or is Punk just that horrible that he cannot recover from one loss? I'm just not sure which it is that people are arguing: The patently stupid, or the patently false.

UmbrellaCorporation
01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Nah, in regards to me, I guess it isn't the fact that he LOST, and I don't think it's a loss that he's incapable of recovering from, considering how much the crowd eats this guy up.

A lot of this may be a personal bias, since I loathe Hardcore Holly. I guess I just kind of feel that if they were going to make Punk lose cleanly to someone, they could make him lose to someone....I don't know...meaningful?

But this is the ECW brand after all. Meaningful is few and far between. :D

addy2hotty
01-14-2007, 03:43 PM
It's against the ToS to hold two separate thoughts in your head, or to post them any time remotely close to one another. Your pennance is two "Our Jerichos" 15 "Hail Sabins" and one "Basham 3:16." And I will give you thins to ponder: Addressing two elements of the same issue separately is obviously contradictory, so you're doing it to be contrary.

:lol:

Kane Knight
01-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Nah, in regards to me, I guess it isn't the fact that he LOST, and I don't think it's a loss that he's incapable of recovering from, considering how much the crowd eats this guy up.

A lot of this may be a personal bias, since I loathe Hardcore Holly. I guess I just kind of feel that if they were going to make Punk lose cleanly to someone, they could make him lose to someone....I don't know...meaningful?

But this is the ECW brand after all. Meaningful is few and far between. :D

To sum up: You're overreacting, but you know you're overreacting. :y:

Afterlife
01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Ah, so it was not actually a related comment. Good to know. :y:

Not really. Punk actually seems rather bland to me, whereas Paul has shown the ability to entertain. Even if you didn't like the pirate shtick, you have to admit he's willing do go for the show.

But, yeah, I was just stating random opinion inspired by your comparisson. that is all. :)

Kane Knight
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Not really. Punk actually seems rather bland to me, whereas Paul has shown the ability to entertain. Even if you didn't like the pirate shtick, you have to admit he's willing do go for the show.

But, yeah, I was just stating random opinion inspired by your comparisson. that is all. :)Actually, I like Paul. I liked him before WWE, and I liked him during the pirate gimmick. Despite what Loopy and company would have you believe (which is, evidently, that I hate everyone new who comes into WWE), I only belittled the notion that he was going to be an instant success, a high flying big man, etc. And when he entered WWE, his finisher wasn't the mighty C4, like people were insisting, it was an armbar, and he was more of a brawler than anything else.

I think he's got Charisma and talent. My only problem with him was the realism versus the multiple comments along the lines of "The C-4 will be awesome in WWE!" and such. I predicted he'd enter WWE with a shitty finisher that had no name, and I was right--Though it's hard to take pride in predicting something as common as the sun rising. I mean, WWE will find a way to tone down even Monty Brown. The Poooooooooounce! Is too dangerous.

To be honest, I'm shocked he even got to use the C-4. He's still not the über high-flying daredevil he was predicted to be, but that's just common sense.

So yeah. I'm not knocking the C-4, either, which Terran seems to think. I'm knocking this mentality that people still have that makes them insist that THIS time, so and so will be used just like he was in the indies.

It's nice to see the kids as excited at Christmas as they were last year, running down the steps to see hat Santa left for them. But after years of Screech Powers-Brand condoms and "The Best of Chyna" DVDs, that kind of enthusiasm does become a little...Odd.