PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Loves Khali *Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
01-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Triple H gets injured.

WWE Creative is all flustered because there goes the possible Wrestlemania Main Event and there goes DX.

They realize they need a IMPACT player to bring to Raw to counteract the loss of Triple H.

Now who could make a move to Raw that would make a worthwhile impact on the show?

Kennedy?

Finlay?

Benoit?

King Booker?

Funaki?

No silly, THE GREAT KHALI.

I mean when I heard Coach mention about contracts expiring I immediately though "Ohhhhh Kennedy is coming to Raw." And then out rumbles Khali. At first I figured "Well at least we won't have to witness the rumored Lashley/Khali match at Wrestlemania."

Then I realized...

Khali vs. Cena at Mania?????

I mean at least with Lashley vs. Khali it wouldn't be as high profiled as a Cena match would. And now I could really see this match taking place at Wrestlemania 23 aaaaaaand I can see them hyping the match up as this century's Hogan/Andre. :roll:

If anything the arm chair booker in me would've much rather seen Coach announce a talent trade between Raw and Smackdown.

Raw gets:

King Booker
Jillian Hall

Smackdown gets:

Edge
Maria

This way Cena and King Booker can feud with Booker having that Champion of Champions victory over Cena. And Jillian can be used in the Women's Division. While Edge can feud with Batista on Smackdown and can also leave the door open for feuds with Undertaker, Mysterio, Benoit, and maybe even Kennedy. Maria can do the same act she does on Raw plus she gets to be closer to her man.

Hell, they could've even used Finlay and Chris Masters instead of Edge and Booker. Finlay could get a good match out of Cena and would be a good little feud for Cena, I mean it wouldn't be a Mania caliber match but it would be a good match at SNME before Mania. And Masters could be a good midcard heel on Smackdown maybe even getting a run as United States Champ. I could even see Benoit vs. Masters at Mania (a spot where Benoit reverses the Masterlock into the Crossface would be sick).

Innovator
01-10-2007, 01:01 AM
I thought Kennedy too when Coach was talking...

The word on the street is that they wanted Khali on RAW to maybe build to Hogan vs. Khali for Mania

FourFifty
01-10-2007, 01:03 AM
I thought they were talking about The Big Show vs Hogan... However you look at it, I, much like Tovo, hates Hogan.

Innovator
01-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Show is too banged up for Mania I heard

Blitz
01-10-2007, 01:06 AM
If it was Hogan/Khali at Mania, I would love to see the crowd reaction.

Splaya
01-10-2007, 01:08 AM
If they put Hogan vs Khali, unfortunately as much as I would hate it, I could stomach it. It still leaves open who will be the Raw challenger. What if Taker won the Rumble and jumped to Raw.

How's that for a main event? The undefeated streak of the Undertaker at WM vs John Cena's title. You could peg it as "Cena overcame the odds of Umaga and his undefeated streak, but can he end the biggest undefeated streak in sports entertainment history?"

El Fangel
01-10-2007, 01:11 AM
When in the past few years has WWE done anything, that us armchair bookers would do? But seriously Cena Vs Khali? :drool: Come on now, I could call that match perfect.

*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*Chop To Head*
*STFU*
*Submission*
*Cena Retains*

I just saved you people 50 dollars :)

Caged Heat18
01-10-2007, 01:36 AM
It would be one of the worst things ever if Khali main evented a pay per view, let alone a Wrestlemania.

The Genius
01-10-2007, 02:11 AM
i thought it was going to be monty brown since i havent heard much about him lately. but i would love to see more of jillian hall on raw.

Crippla
01-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Yeah, good fucking god and these two were in the finals for TPWW's most hated wrestler.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 04:26 AM
The crowd reaction...no matter how bad we bash Hogan, he still gets marked for. Probably even by a lot of us who bash him. Crowd reaction would be people marking out, whether for Hogan vs Khali, or Hogan vs Show, or Hogan vs an inamimate carbon rod. Bottom line is, when Real American hits crowds will continue to flip their wigs to be part of it, and as long as that happens Vince will continue to book it.

FourFifty
01-10-2007, 04:27 AM

Oh man, I would love to hear them chant....

"Piiiissss brrrrrreeeeak! Piiiissss brrrrrreeeeak! Piiiissss brrrrrreeeeak!"

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 04:28 AM
yea but they wouldn't. Especially at a Wrestlemania event. I'm not saying its right...

Crippla
01-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Too many marks for that to happen but the reaction should be dead silence. That would honestly be the worst match ever.

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 05:18 AM
The joke is, they'd probably build Hogan/Khali is such a way as the fans at the event really gave a shit.

Could Hogan pass the 'GAYEST CHALLENGE'?

Rob
01-10-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm not having anyone mock the Great Khali. The man is pure genius. Anyone who can say the word "motherfucker" on network TV as well as telling his opponents he will stab them is nothing short of awesome.

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 07:58 AM
The crowd reaction...no matter how bad we bash Hogan, he still gets marked for. Probably even by a lot of us who bash him. Crowd reaction would be people marking out, whether for Hogan vs Khali, or Hogan vs Show, or Hogan vs an inamimate carbon rod. Bottom line is, when Real American hits crowds will continue to flip their wigs to be part of it, and as long as that happens Vince will continue to book it.

The pops are getting smaller. Not a lot, and still bigger than anyone on the roster, butthey've been diminishing. There will come a time when smarks and marks alike will actually learn to SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop cheering for him, and I think it will come soon. Not WM23 soon, but next few years soon. He'll probably get some nostalgia pops, still, but eventually, most of the crowd will tire of him.

I can't wait for that to happen to Undertaker.

Impact!
01-10-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm not having anyone mock the Great Khali. The man is pure genius. Anyone who can say the word "motherfucker" on network TV as well as telling his opponents he will stab them is nothing short of awesome.
Huh?

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 08:34 AM
The pops are getting smaller. Not a lot, and still bigger than anyone on the roster, butthey've been diminishing. There will come a time when smarks and marks alike will actually learn to SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop cheering for him, and I think it will come soon. Not WM23 soon, but next few years soon. He'll probably get some nostalgia pops, still, but eventually, most of the crowd will tire of him.

I know. Strangely enough I think this "pop fading" has already happened to guys. Shawn Michaels for sure. Which is a damn shame, since Hogan still gets popped. I mean, Michaels gets a damn good pop but hes the type of guy who people marked out for in special ref and commisioner roles after his "retirement" and everyone wanted him back so badly for so long. And then he comes back and nobody seems to give much of a damn. It's kinda weird. At least Shawn admits to it.

owenbrown
01-10-2007, 10:02 AM

Hopefully the sounds of crickets chirping and bottles pelting the ring after that shitfest. This will top WM IX as the worst ever.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
didnt 11 already do that?

redoneja
01-10-2007, 12:30 PM

:?:

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
FYI, the 2nd time Cena came out to face Khali on Raw, the reaction was almost X-Pac in nature. That was pretty surprising.

JR - "the crowd are bahgawd showing their respect for Cena by keeping quiet, these fans aint made of BBQ sauce you know.'

Crippla
01-10-2007, 02:40 PM
So that's what he's saying?

Xero
01-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Khali (Translated): I MISS YOU MOM! I WILL SEE YOU NEXT CHRISTMAS! BY THE WAY, DAD ATE THE MOTHERFUCKING PIE LAST TIME!

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
A man of Indian descent at my old work said he went to the SD tapings in England last year and obviously speaking the lingo, knew what he said.

Apparently, he was talking about the great honour of being in a WWE ring, facing the Undertaker would be a challenge and upon mass booing basically said 'fuck you' to the fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same old shit he was saying everytime tbh.

Gulak
01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Huh?
:?:
Rob talks to The Great Khali on AIM.

Corkscrewed
01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Hogan vs Khali would have been the perfect way to kill two birds with one stone. Hogan gets to squash a giant guy with no talent, and Khali gets to accidentally cripple Hogan for life, thereby making it his real final hurray.

Unless he comes back next year in a Literally Handicap Match and beats... oh... CM Punk or something with the Big Wheel Drop.

Xero
01-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Hogan vs Khali would have been the perfect way to kill two birds with one stone. Hogan gets to squash a giant guy with no talent, and Khali gets to accidentally cripple Hogan for life, thereby making it his real final hurray.

Unless he comes back next year in a Literally Handicap Match and beats... oh... CM Punk or something with the Big Wheel Drop.
Hulk Hogan vs. Zach Gowen - Prosthetic on a Pole match!

TerranRich
01-11-2007, 12:42 PM
KHALI (translated): I AM TIRED OF ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' WRESTLERS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' PLANE!!!!!

Rob
01-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Rob talks to The Great Khali on AIM.

Damn right.

I also speak fluent Indian or whatever language he speaks.

Mr. Nerfect
01-11-2007, 04:19 PM

:love: And you've won me back.

The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan are in very similar boats to me. I don't want to see either of them ever again, yet I will, and "smart" fans will continue to cheer them, and I will be confused, and wonder where this populous that boos John Cena, yet cheers Hogan/Taker resides.

Jillian Hall for Maria is a trade that should have happened long ago. King Booker could also use the move to SmackDown!. He's been left out of the loop since he's lost the World Heavyweight Championship. Moving the character to RAW wouldn't be a bad thing, as he'd make a fairly credible challenger to John Cena. And it would be so awesome to hear the fans cheer for him at Mania. I almost forgot that Cena and Booker have absolutely no chemistry whilst lost in this fantasy of Booker potentially taking the WWE Championship down the line.

Jeritron
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
The reason people will continue to cheer Taker and Hogan is really an intangible. They just are what they are, and theres nothing like it. Its mostly nostalgia and pure marki-ism. So that even a smart fan can find themselves marking out, whether it be childhood nostalgia or interest in the phenomenon and what it means to fans.

With that being said, Taker and Hogan are all washed up and hung out to dry. They're sticking around and holding others back, but people can't get enough of it. I suppose the reason the same fans who boo Cena and don't take too fondly to new stars continue to cheer these fans is because of what once was, and not what currently is.

It happens because Vince and the WWE act on what works. If they're still cheering, they're still drawing and we keep getting them...but the future and the present takes a back seat to the past. As long as they're able to be around, they will. It's just like how the WCW relied on Hogan, Macho Man and other old stars. WWE isn't quite as bad when it comes to this, but they're still guilty of it on a smaller level.

The reason that things changed so much and all the stars were new in the late 90s in WWE was because they had to be. None of the old timers were around, and they weren't even adressed or reffered to. WWE was forced to move forward, so a guy like Austin didnt get out popped by the old Hogan. It was a new era because there was no nostalgia to be had.