PDA

View Full Version : anyone remember any of this

KillerWolf
01-10-2007, 09:17 PM
there was this episode of one of those scary series that used to come on back in the 80's. it might have been Tales From the Dark Side. but this episode wasnt really like horror genre.

this was a long time ago, and my memory is really fuzzy. it was like this small town and the local teens had drag races. and there was this new kid in town - kinda like a bad-boy. i think this role might have actually been played by Brad Pitt.

so he drove this yellow car - i think it might have been a '68 or 9 Chevelle. at the staging area before every race, he had this skull ornament in his car that would light up. and he would win every race - and the other car would blow up or crash or something, and the driver would be killed. he might have been harvesting souls or something - i'm not sure.

so this bad boy starts to, i guess, lead some local guys daughter astray, and it somehow boils down to this older guy reluctantly having to drag race the bad boy in a big showdown. it turned out that the local guy was a drag racer from back in the day. the way i remember it, he had a primer black '55 Chevy hidden away in his garage.

anyway, the older guy wins the race and the bad boy crashes and dies.

does this sound familiar to anyone? was it Tales From the Darkside?

KillerWolf
01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
anyone remember (in the early 80's) a series called The Renegades? it was about a street gang. i think that they would fight crime. they might have been working for the cops too. kinda like a made for TV rip-off of The Warriors.

OssMan
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
tales from the crypt

KillerWolf
01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
you know if that was Brad Pitt or not?

Boondock Saint
01-10-2007, 10:09 PM
It was, according to IMDB.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0716857/

KillerWolf
01-10-2007, 10:15 PM
wow! i have a good fuckin' memory. (i say that because i didnt even know who Brad Pitt was when i saw that program).