PDA

View Full Version : Pimpin The Anime

Sting Fan
01-12-2007, 09:16 AM
I am quite an anime fan, I love Gundam Wing, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragonball Z and Cowboy Bebop.

So who else here watches anime and maybe pimp me some good english dub easy to find stuff.

Basicaly lets hear who watches anime and who has love for what?

I would have to say for pure enjoyment value of a great story (although I havent watched the whole series since I was 15) Gundam Wing is pretty solid. I honestly forgot it was anime after a bit, it was a weekly fix for me.

Same went for Neon Genesis Evangelion for a bit, that show is really messed up but I couldnt take my eyes of of it, great shit. Shinji made such a great main charachter, the whole polar oppsite to everyone angle he had at the start was fantastic.

Impact!
01-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Huge Evangelion fan right here. I also watch abit of Hellsing, that's pretty damn good.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Not a huge anime fan (yet), but I've been loving Fullmetal Alchemist since I downloaded the whole series.

The Genius
01-12-2007, 12:06 PM
huge dragonball and dragonball z fan. both the manga and anime.

LoDownM
01-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I watch anime. Before it's released here in the states. Fansubs ftw. Great anime's i've watched before being released here and got ruined by terrible voice actors.

Gundam Seed & Destiny
Samurai 7
Naruto

More recently that have just been released or licensed and not yet dubbed.

Black Blood Brothers
Black Lagoon
Utawarerumono (Shadow King or something retarded here)
Demonbane
Innocent Venus

Vietnamese Crippler
01-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I watch too much anime. I've started watching even more lately because Eureka 7's ending sucked so bad that I needed to fill the void with other anime :o

Here are a few I love and wholeheartedly recommend:
- Eureka 7 (great story, shitty ending like I mentioned)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- One Piece
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Bleach
- Naruto (up until episode ~120-ish, it's where all the crappy filler started)
- Ouran High School Host Club

ClockShot
01-12-2007, 03:05 PM
On and off. Here's my list.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Saiyuki (Haven't touched the second season due to bad voice acting)
Heat Guy J
Cowboy Bebop
The Big O (Seasons 1 and 2)
Ninja Scroll (The Movie)
Outlaw Star (Complete Series)
Thundercats (If you wanna call it anime)
Voltron (see thundercats description)

Now in the process of going to work on purchasing Yu Yu Hakusho.

jcmoorehead
01-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Huge huge huge (verging on Obsessive, perhaps beyond) Evangelion fan here. Also like Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Gundam SEED, Ghost In The Shell, Hellsing, Martian Successor Nadesico and .hack//SIGN

As I said I have an obsession with NGE, fav character is Asuka and then Shinji. I also do the whole writing fanfiction thing and have NGE Posters, Calanders and a model of Unit 2.

Funky Fly
01-12-2007, 07:01 PM
I watch too much anime. I've started watching even more lately because Eureka 7's ending sucked so bad that I needed to fill the void with other anime :o

Here are a few I love and wholeheartedly recommend:
- Eureka 7 (great story, shitty ending like I mentioned)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- One Piece
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Bleach
- Naruto (up until episode ~120-ish, it's where all the crappy filler started)
- Ouran High School Host Club
Just to add to what VC's put down here, for the love of God, don't bother with the English dubs of Bleach, One Piece (especially) and Naruto. They are all horrible compared to subtitled translations.

Also, my list of favourites is like so:

-Bleach
-One Piece
-Bartender
-Death Note (you have to check this out)
-Naruto (pre-filler)
-Ghost In The Shell (Movie, 2nd one wasn't as good, but still ok))
-Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (the series born from the movie)
-Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd Gig
-Full Metal Alchemist

RBM
01-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I am not a fan of anime at all really. I personally think the Japanese are beyond fucked up and they all need help.

http://www.gaijinsmash.net/

Japan scares me.

Anyways, the one and only anime I ever got into was Berserk. Everything else seems to be way too cheesy and azn for me.

LoDownM
01-12-2007, 07:46 PM
for the love of God, don't bother with the English dubs of any anime

Fixed.

The only good ones are the dub for the Kenshin series and Ghost in the Shell.

Vietnamese Crippler
01-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Just to add to what VC's put down here, for the love of God, don't bother with the English dubs of Bleach, One Piece (especially) and Naruto. They are all horrible compared to subtitled translations.

OMG, do not EVER lump the One Piece dub with ANY other dub. That shit was so bad I wanted to vomit out of rage. Also, I initially refused to watch One Piece because I was exposed to the English version first and that put me off the Japanese version. :rant:

I have to admit though, the scripts for the English versions of Naruto and Bleach are good, it's just the voice actors are terrible :n:

-Death Note (you have to check this out)

P.S. It got licensed, it's gonna be a little hard to find the subs now :'(

Fryza
01-13-2007, 09:42 PM
I've grown to dislike anime more and more as the years have passed, mainly due to shows like Inu Yasha, Paranioa Agent, Moon Phase, Naruto, etc etc, becoming so popular. And the Japanese art style has gotten under my skin too.

As far as it goes though, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust are insanely good anime movies, worth looking into. Series wise, I'd say .hack//Sign and Samurai 7 are favorites (I'm not listing Bebop and Trigun, everyone knows them).

Samurai Champloo was pretty good, but I suddenly got out of it, and I never re-started. Outlaw Star was also a nice show, a shame it never got much spot light. And FLCL and Blue Submarine #7 were pretty good. And this Desert Punk doesn't look half bad.

Fignuts
01-13-2007, 10:05 PM
I used to watch anime when I was younger, but even then I only watched what was on Toonami. Other than that I only saw the really popular stuff like Akira, and Vampire Hunter D.

After Adult Swim started showing some quality stuff, I got back into it. Tenchi, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun. But eventually those ran their course, and there was nothing new that interested me. Don't like Inuyasha. Ghost in the shell seems really good, but if you miss one episode, then you have no idea what the fuck is going on in the next. So for a while I didn't watch much again.

Then I started watching the Naruto subs on youtube, and it pulled me back in.The fillers do suck, but I will say that they are far more entertaining than most series' fillers.

Funky Fly
01-13-2007, 10:25 PM
P.S. It got licensed, it's gonna be a little hard to find the subs now :'(
Shit, just saw that. :'(

There's only like 24 episodes or some ish, so I'm stuck halfway through. :mad:

So anyone know of any good anime torrent sites/portals other than animesuki.com?

Also, Red Garden seems interesting as well, though I've only seen the first episode.

LoDownM
01-13-2007, 10:43 PM
baka-updates.com

The only site you'll ever need.

You may rep me now :)

Vietnamese Crippler
01-14-2007, 03:33 AM
Nice one.

It's just too bad you can't tell the quality of the sub groups :o

LoDownM
01-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Alot of them are really good. Baka's not big on joke subs, so they generally get taken down pretty quick if they get uploaded.

Shinsen subs is one of the best ones :y:

I strongly recommend getting their subs of Black Lagoon ;)