PDA

View Full Version : This years Hall OF Fame inductees?? **POSSIBLE SPOILER**

Blue Demon
01-13-2007, 10:21 AM
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1168691378.shtml

According to PWInsider, Hulk Hogan made an appearance on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show. During Hogan's appearance, he took a phone call from Vince McMahon's secretary Ann Russo. Russo was calling Hogan to let him know about the candidates for this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and wanted to know who he thought should be inducted.

Russo, who had no idea she was on the air at the time, read off the following names as candidates for the Hall of Fame: The Von Erichs, Ultimate Warrior, The Original Sheik, Ric Flair, Mr. Fuji, Nick Bockwinkel, Muhammed Ali, Mr. T, Mike Tyson, Howard Finkel, Jim Ross, Ken Patera, King Curtis, Ted DiBiase, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Honky Tonk Man, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Ebersol (NBC Executive responsible for creation of Saturday Night's Main Event), The Wild Samoans, Big Boss Man, Bob Backlund, Rick Rude, The Bushwhackers, Rocky Johnson and The Brooklyn Brawler.

Hogan was then asked by Russo to pick names from the list that he thought would be good candidates for this year. Hogan named off Big Boss Man, King Curtis, Dusty Rhodes, Randy Savage, The Wild Samoans, The Von Erichs, Rick Rude and The Bushwhackers. In what was described as a very funny moment during the show, when Russo was told she was live on the air, she sounded shocked and noted that she would be getting into trouble for saying the names for the public to hear. Hogan then left the studio to take a call from Vince McMahon, with it later being known that McMahon was not happy about the names going over the air the way they did.

Crippla
01-13-2007, 10:33 AM
LOL. I am surprised Hogan named off Savage tbh. I'd like to see some of the names listed get in especially Rick Rude(TRO's gonna love this). It's too early to put some of them in though imo like Jim Ross and Mike Tyson who probably shouldn't be in at all. If Ric Flair got in, it would be the perfect time to retire as a full time wrestler and give a speech. I'd like to see The Warrior get in just for the humor factor in his speech at the Hall of Fame ceremony. I'm still waiting for Owen though. :rant:

addy2hotty
01-13-2007, 10:41 AM
The Bushwackers? The Brawler?

I always guessed you had to actually achieve something to be in the HoF.

Xero
01-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Ann Russo!?

I CALL SHENANIGANS!

KayfabeMan
01-13-2007, 11:19 AM
If I have to pick from that list, and that list only, then my selections would be as follows:

Ric Flair
Mr. Fuji
Nick Bockwinkel
Ted DiBiase
Randy Savage
Bob Backlund
The Big Boss Man

and Muhammad Ali for the celebrity section or whatever they call it.

Flair, Savage and Bockwinkel should automatically be in.

Crippla
01-13-2007, 11:20 AM
The Bushwackers? The Brawler?

I always guessed you had to actually achieve something to be in the HoF.
You do, whoever can make Vince cum the fastest gets in the Hall of Fame. That's why jobbers and jokes(Pete Rose) get in...

Crippla
01-13-2007, 11:21 AM
If I have to pick from that list, and that list only, then my selections would be as follows:

Ric Flair
Mr. Fuji
Nick Bockwinkel
Ted DiBiase
Randy Savage
Bob Backlund
The Big Boss Man

and Muhammad Ali for the celebrity section or whatever they call it.

Flair, Savage and Bockwinkel should automatically be in.
I agree but with Rick Rude as well.

KayfabeMan
01-13-2007, 11:57 AM
:y:

addy2hotty
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Actually, thinking about it, Brawler did beat Triple H, while he was champion, once.

Nearly as bad as K-Fed pinning Cena.

Innovator
01-13-2007, 12:23 PM
For the celebrity pick, go with Andy Kaufman

Gerard
01-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Id like to see Slick have an induction this year. :)

Gertner
01-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Was that list Bob Backlund authorized?

Boondock Saint
01-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Dick Ebersol? Are you shitting me?

ClockShot
01-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I'll go with:

Ric Flair
Mr. Fuji
Randy Savage
Nick Bockwinkel
The Big Bossman
Bob Backlund
And go with Muhammed Ali for the celebrity wing.

Corndad
01-13-2007, 11:34 PM
I love Ali but Mr T should go into Hall before him. Hell he headlined 2 Manias.

Jeritron
01-14-2007, 05:52 AM
Yea but I think when WWE is booking a Hall of Fame ceremony, they're also looking for it to draw on some level. Having Ali there would make for much better television and get much more attention than inducting a guy who's in 1800 Collect commercials and is the subject of jokes on VH1.

But if their going to have celebrities in the Hall of Fame, Ali Tyson and Mr. T should all be in there ahead of some that are already.

Fignuts
01-14-2007, 06:00 AM
At this point the wwe hall of fame is beneath ali. Just about right for Mr. T though.

addy2hotty
01-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Was that list Bob Backlund authorized?

It IS Bob Backlund authorised.

The One
01-14-2007, 12:52 PM
WWE's Hall of Fame is a complete shame. A lot of those names don't even deserve consideration for HoF. Whatever. Mr. T is basically the only celebrity worthy of being in that wing, and Bossman and Flair should have never been mentioned in the same breath.

The Ravishing One
01-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Rick Rude :love:

The Ravishing One
01-14-2007, 06:14 PM
An action figure and a HoF induction would make a ravishing 2007 for TRO.

Stickman
01-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Mr Perfect

KingofOldSchool
01-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Why the fuck hasn't the Road Warriors been inducted yet???

Avenger
01-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Ali won't do it.

DAMN iNATOR
01-15-2007, 06:12 PM
For the celebrity pick, go with Andy Kaufman

Hell yeah, he's due for it.

Just wondering how long it will be before we see Rock in there eventually...it may still be a bit soon right now but he'd be a perfect pick for somewhere right around 2010 or so.

FakeLaser
01-15-2007, 08:06 PM
From that list:

Definitely in:
Ric Flair
Randy Savage
The Von Erichs
The Original Sheik
Nick Bockwinkel
Ted DiBiase
Dusty Rhodes
Jake Roberts
Bob Backlund
Rick Rude
Howard Finkel
Jim Ross

Probably in:
King Curtis
Dick Ebersol
Wild Samoans

On the bubble:
Honky Tonk Man - He wasn't a good wrestler really, but he was a solid heel and his IC title reign is legendary.
Ultimate Warrior - Horrible in the ring, stiff as hell, had the torched passed to him and basically dropped the ball, unreliable. Still, Hogan passed him the torch and was arguably the second biggest star of late 80s WWF (I'll give the nod to Savage, personally).
Ken Patera - One of the early Intercontinental Champions. Pretty solid worker but never really rose to the top. However, when I think "legend," I don't think Ken Patera.
Rocky Johnson - Reverse nepotism?
Mr. Fuji - While I think he was a terrible manager, he'll probably get in.

No way:
Big Bossman
Brooklyn Brawler
The Bushwhackers