PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy! *Smackdown spoliers i guess*

D Mac
01-14-2007, 03:49 PM
So he is getting the shot at the Rumble. Do you think it's too early for him? *Like Orton winning the WHC*

He is no doubt a future Main Eventer. Hope they don't screw this up.

KingofOldSchool
01-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes, it's too early.

And he's not going to win.

addy2hotty
01-14-2007, 03:51 PM
As long as he doesn't win, it's not too early for him. A good experience to be headlining probably the second most important PPV.

I get the feeling we may see Kennedy/Taker at Mania the way things are panning out (from the spoilers).

Xero
01-14-2007, 03:51 PM
If they give him the title it's a HUGE mistake.

As long as they don't jump the gun, let him go out of this fairly strong while not winning, and go into a strong feud for Mania it'll work out.

I don't see the problem of giving him a shot now. Just not the title.

KingofOldSchool
01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I get the feeling we may see Batista/Taker at Mania the way things are panning out (from the spoilers).

addy2hotty
01-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry, I should have said SD spoilers.....

I'm just living in false hope, aren't I?

Caged Heat18
01-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I am happy that Kennedy is getting a title shot. I don't think he should win it, as I feel it would be too soon, but theirs nothing wrong with him getting his feet wet in the main event scene.

Tommy Gunn
01-14-2007, 04:40 PM
It's too early really (although that didn't stop WWE putting a World Title on Lashley) but if WWE do this RIGHT they'll make Kennedy look good and have him almost win it.

I think Mania would be too soon as well, but in saying that he's running out of people to feud with on SD. I'm hoping Batista drops the title to Taker around Mania time, then Kennedy wins it off Taker at Judgement Day in June and then immediately jumps ship to Raw and the WWE champion at the time switches to Smackdown.

Kennedy as WHC on Raw with an entire roster of new people to feud with would be FANTASTIC. But that's just my own wishfull thinking.

DAMN iNATOR
01-14-2007, 04:58 PM
It's too early really (although that didn't stop WWE putting a World Title on Lashley) but if WWE do this RIGHT they'll make Kennedy look good and have him almost win it.

I think Mania would be too soon as well, but in saying that he's running out of people to feud with on SD. I'm hoping Batista drops the title to Taker around Mania time, then Kennedy wins it off Taker at Judgement Day in June and then immediately jumps ship to Raw and the WWE champion at the time switches to Smackdown.

Kennedy as WHC on Raw with an entire roster of new people to feud with would be FANTASTIC. But that's just my own wishfull thinking.

Let's face it, Kennedy is way too young still for a main event title. They would probably not put the straps on him at this VERY early point in his career, assuming (and you know what they say about that [it makes an "ass" of "you" and "me", for those who've never heard it before]) they remember their lesson from putting the straps on Cena, who then came out to some VERY divided crowds...I saw the video of the Undertaker/Miz ending, and while I know the ending is supposed to be faked just like the rest of the match, it DID indeed look like the ref's hand had counted 3 by about a ½-second before the buzzer rang, so it should be pretty interesting to hear what "that peanut-headed George Jefferson wannabe" (as JBL SO affectionately calls him), Teddy Long will do to rectify the situation before the Royal Rumble, and I have a feeling whatever it is could be the highlight of his career as G.M.--well that wraps up my spiel. Feel free to discuss.

PullMyFinger
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Welcome to WWE logic....wrestlers with 2 yrs under their belt are getting title shots and even winning the championship.

Kennedy should work his ass off and in maybe like 3 yrs he should get it.

Xero
01-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Welcome to WWE logic....wrestlers with 2 yrs under their belt are getting title shots and even winning the championship.
Yeah, it seems that they're trying to recapture what they had with Lesnar. He was the only one who actually worked out since Goldberg, but he was burned out (and got an ego) in the process.

Pardeep 619
01-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Actually Angle worked out as well, winning the title after 11 months

Xero
01-14-2007, 06:23 PM
That's true.

He's probably the most successful of the "push to the top as fast as we can" guys.

FourFifty
01-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Kennedy isn't going to win. The Undertaker will cause Kennedy the match, and then they'll face off at wrestlemania.
But I gotta admit.... I was cheering for The Miz. I knew The Miz had no chance in hell, but come on, the idea was so abusrd that I just HAD to cheer for him. OOO-RAH!

Sting Fan
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I have a feeling it might turn into Batista vs. Kennedy vs. Taker.

Just a vibe I got from it.

FourFifty
01-15-2007, 12:06 AM
OOO-RAH!

Corkscrewed
01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
They won't give him the title. This is one of those "lets see how he does in the Spotlight" type matches that a lot of main eventers have gotten recently. Remember when Cena went against Lesnar? Definitely not Cena's time, but it was a nice way of testing him out.

I think Kennedy's headed down the same path. We might see him champ at the end of the year, but I would wait till 2008 before putting the main strap on him.

Jeritron
01-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Well, not every single new talent has to be given the premier royal rumble win/goes over at Mania superman push. This is a good push for Kennedy and a good test, he should come damn close but just barely lose. Then he should get pushed big through the Summer and go into Summerslam to win the title, then see how he runs with it.

RP
01-15-2007, 02:53 AM
But really, lets think about this for a second. Lets use the same logic the WWE has used with everything else and then lets think about how this RR match will come out...

Batista in a squash.

Jeritron
01-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Well its a ppv title match. Since we all know that Batista will win, I'm not sure what would go wrong for him since hes got the push of challenging for the title at a ppv as it is. The only thing I would fear is the potential of them having an awful match and the WWE holding that against Kennedy instead of Batista.

DAMN iNATOR
01-15-2007, 06:19 PM
I have a feeling it might turn into Batista vs. Kennedy vs. Taker.

Just a vibe I got from it.

That's what I was hinting at when I said T. Lo will probably try to rectify the situation this Friday on SmackDown!. But if they did do that, it should be either non-title, or maybe even put Kennedy's U.S. title on the line at the Rumble (which would be a terrible idea even though I just got through typing it), or if they're going to do a World Heavyweight Championship at the Rumble, it should be Batista over Kennedy, and then as Batista celebrates with the gold, queue the ominous gongs and darkness, have Undertaker show up behind Batista and tombstone him, then have Undertaker pose with the belt, to "send a message" to Batista and/or Kennedy to set up a pre-mania angle involving the World Heavyweight Championship.

Rob
01-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Aside from a good ring introduction and some fine entrance music, I don't see the big deal with Kennedy at all.

Jeritron
01-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Aside from being young, fresh, entertaining on the microphone, getting great heat and being solid in the ring, I don't see the big deal with Kennedy at all either.

Jeritron
01-15-2007, 08:21 PM
In all seriousness though, I'm not THAT big on Kennedy yet, but hes one of few entertaining stars.

M-A-G
01-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Aside from a good ring introduction and some fine entrance music, I don't see the big deal with Kennedy at all.

Thank you, although I have to disagree with the music. It sounds too plain. Which suits him, I guess...

KingofOldSchool
01-15-2007, 11:22 PM

I :love: you sometimes.

This is one of those times.

I've been saying it since he debuted.

Kennedy = Overrated

He was nothing special in OVW and he's nothing special now.

He is basically Road Dogg 2K7.

Rob
01-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Aside from being young, fresh, entertaining on the microphone, getting great heat and being solid in the ring, I don't see the big deal with Kennedy at all either.

Young? Okay. Fresh? Sure. Entertaining on the mic? His intro excluded, I don't rate it. Great heat? No fucking way! Solid in the ring? Don't think so. He is far some solid. He is nothing more than just average.

DAMN iNATOR
01-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but it just occured to me that if Kennedy and The Boogeyman ever had a one-on-one meeting in the ring, it would be most entertaining with the contrasting styles of the cocky Kennedy and the goofy Boogeyman...discuss at will.

KingofOldSchool
01-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but it just occured to me that if Kennedy and The Boogeyman ever had a one-on-one meeting in the ring, it would be most entertaining with the contrasting styles of the cocky Kennedy and the goofy Boogeyman...discuss at will.

................DAMN!

addy2hotty
01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I :love: you sometimes.

This is one of those times.

I've been saying it since he debuted.

Kennedy = Overrated

He was nothing special in OVW and he's nothing special now.

He is basically Road Dogg 2K7.

*Mediocrity is excellence* :D

Testicle
01-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Even I wouldn't post something this dumb.

DAMN iNATOR
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM

Well your rep seems to be saying you would...

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Mr. Kennedy is awesome. Paul Heyman thinks so, most of the world thinks so, and he's taking the ball and running with it. My hat's off to him.

Kennedy worked a fucking awesome match with Benoit on SmackDown!, and he didn't look like he struggled with it at all. The guy has been looking like a main eventer for some time now, and I'd easily put him on par with Edge and Randy Orton.

Rob, what do you mean he doesn't have great heat? What's all this hype surrounding him? What's with people going along with his shtick. I can understand why you'd dislike Kennedy just to counter the (partially excessive) love for the guy, but saying he doesn't have great heat is pretty fucking stupid. The guy gives great promos, as well, and his in-ring work is [I]at least[/B] B-quality.

Heyman said this guy has "it", and I personally agree. As a dick heel the sky is the limit for the guy, and I'm glad he's getting the shot.

Personally, I'm hoping we get something entirely different at WrestleMania. Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship, or something. Too early for Kennedy? Yeah, I personally think they could survive holding off his title win until later this year. Is it jumping the gun, and would it be fucking up to put the World Heavyweight Title on Kennedy? When your tentative program is scheduled to be Batista vs. The Undertaker, fuck no.

LaLa
01-16-2007, 10:28 PM
He's sexy and all but not ready for the title.

FourFifty
01-16-2007, 10:38 PM
He's sexy and all but not ready for the title.

But you know who is ready for the tittle...

THE MIZ!!!! OOO-RAH!!!!

LaLa
01-16-2007, 10:40 PM
But you know who is ready for the tittle...

THE MIZ!!!! OOO-RAH!!!!

No he's not sexy enough for it. We need a sexy champ.

DAMN iNATOR
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
But Rico doesn't work for WWE anymore...:'(

M-A-G
01-18-2007, 04:58 PM

You're not trying hard enough.