PDA

View Full Version : Who SHOULD win the Royal Rumble?

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2007, 09:44 PM
I personally think it should be Chris Benoit, with Kane as the runner-up. A little SmackDown! heavy? Sure, but you can balance it out by having Shawn Michaels and CM Punk as the second half of the "Final Four".

The Undertaker really does not need to win. Edge and Randy Orton's names have been thrown about, but I don't really want to see them headline, plus they're heels.

Mr. JL
01-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Shawn Michaels is probably the only one that can pull out a WrestleMania quality main event out of John Cena.

The Naitch
01-16-2007, 10:04 PM
I have the feeling that Shawn Michales will be WWE Champion by the end of WrestleMania

Splaya
01-16-2007, 10:04 PM
I have a feeling I will enjoy HBK being champ rather than John Cena.

Also, I believe that Kane should win the Rumble. Give it to the guy who is overdue for the "big" win.

The Naitch
01-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Hulk Hogan is my second choice

Hogan vs Cena at WrestleMania 23

The Naitch
01-16-2007, 10:05 PM
kidding

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Shawn Michaels was my original pick to win. The event is in his hometown, he's credible, and he can wrestle.

My heart and soul are with Chris Benoit and Kane, respectively, but HBK would not bother me at al.

St. Jimmy
01-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I miss the storybook building of a rumble winner.

Splaya
01-16-2007, 10:11 PM
That went out the window with Vince's sanity

ClockShot
01-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Triple H would have probably would have gone deep, but not win. But due to his injury, it opens up the door for Shawn Michaels. In his hometown, VKM waiting for him :roll:. Kidding on that.

Kane is overdue for something big. Getting bounced to smackdown, brought back an inferno match.

Benoit with the belt is fine. Pay his respects to Eddie. And go someplace with it. Just don't go the Mysterio direction.

Edge should have another full run at with the belt. But this feud with Cena is getting old fast. Either win it and kill Cena at 'Mania. Or let him lay low for a little while then have him emerge around mid-year.

Not yet for Orton.

HOLY SHIT MONTY BROWN IS ON ECW RIGHT NOW.

As for ECW. Can't really say.

But HBK for the win.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Oh, a Royal Rumble prediction from me: Chris Benoit and CM Punk will start the match. Just a feeling I get.

Yeah, with there being so many titles to now challenge for, and without an actual build to the match, I think they could very easily give it to Kane, or someone like that. Have him lose his title shot, or just muddy the waters with some other contenders. I really wouldn't mind it if we got Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit vs. Kane in a Fatal Fourway Match at WrestleMania, or something.

St. Jimmy
01-17-2007, 02:24 AM
With our luck, they'd take Alienoids post and book something like:

Batista vs. Kane vs. Taker vs. Kahli for the WHC

hitman23
01-17-2007, 03:41 AM
Edge deserves it. But i wouldnt mind HBK winning it either.

Jeritron
01-17-2007, 03:43 AM
I think it should go to a Raw superstar, and since I feel like Raw won't/shouldn't be a singles title match, it will probably be a contreversial ending.

RP
01-17-2007, 03:45 AM
They'll probably have Punk pull a Bushwhacker and get eliminated as soon as he steps into the ring. That would be so funny . I say funny, cause at this point theirs no more anger in my tank to express.

Caged Heat18
01-17-2007, 05:01 AM
I would like to see Shawn Michaels win it. Michaels/Cena is a fresh main event, and it could be good.

Gertner
01-17-2007, 07:23 AM
benoit as champ :|

Avenger
01-17-2007, 07:46 AM
HBK isn't a fresh star, it's been done before and we should be seeing someone new in the main event like Edge, Orton or Carlito.

However I no longer care about wrestling and will probably only watch the Rumble and Mania. Therefore, HBK being my favourite wrestler of all-time, I really hope he wins and gets back on top for another run as champion.

Avenger
01-17-2007, 07:47 AM
But sticking Benoit in the main event and giving him a credible 8-month run as champion would be fucking brilliant.

addy2hotty
01-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Carlito should.

Michaels will.

tucsonspeed6
01-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I personally think it should be Chris Benoit, with Kane as the runner-up. A little SmackDown! heavy? Sure, but you can balance it out by having Shawn Michaels and CM Punk as the second half of the "Final Four".

The Undertaker really does not need to win. Edge and Randy Orton's names have been thrown about, but I don't really want to see them headline, plus they're heels.

Why didn't you say a suprise entry by Doug Basham to win it all? You confuse me...

Jeritron
01-17-2007, 02:52 PM
The only fear I have about Michaels winning is Cena just going over him at Wrestlemania. Of course that probably applies to whoever wins, but I'd like to see Cena job the main event for a change. And if that were so, I'd like to see Edge or Orton pick up the WM ME win, but I'd take Michaels.

Rammsteinmad
01-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Chris Benoit.

If not... then just cancel the Rumble.

Stickman
01-17-2007, 04:11 PM
They'll do something really predictable such as Edge or Orton, or they'll do something retardly unbelievable such as Kennedy winning.

Jeritron
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
or HBK or Undertaker.

Rammsteinmad
01-17-2007, 04:58 PM
And you just know that they're gonna do the whole "Viscera is 2 tonnes y'know! He could be in for a chance of winning this thing! I don't think there's anyone who can get him over, you'd need a crane!"

Then they'll have a single guy like Orton knock him over.

Volare
01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
HBK, Edge, Orton

Rob
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
HBK, Edge, Orton

It will be far better for the company if it's not one of these 3 (and Taker but he isn't in it).

But unfortunately, one of those 3 will win it.

Jeritron
01-17-2007, 07:04 PM
What would be better for the company than Edge or Orton winning it? Someone whos not ready yet? Someone whos past their prime?

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Just read the SmackDown! spoilers. Don't read if you don't want to know. I'll try and be as vague as possible.

Apparently Batista vs. The Undertaker is the program they're going to go with. I don't think it'll need the World Heavyweight Title, though. Just have The Undertaker face Batista in one of the other matches on the card. Have him cost Batista his match at the Royal Rumble, which gives Mr. Kennedy his first World Heavyweight Championship. Seeing as Mr. Kennedy and The Undertaker are enemies, this really stresses how much animosity there is between SmackDown!'s monsters.

Have Chris Benoit win the Royal Rumble Match. Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship doesn't seem like an epic match, but believe me, it would rock the house down.

As for the WWE Championship main event, just stick John Cena in a Fatal Fourway with Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton and Edge. Have Edge steal the victory and keep his WrestleMania streak alive.

As for the ECW World Championship, Bobby Lashley will probably defend against Hardcore Holly. I know it sounds lame, but it seems to be where the WWE is going. I can't see them giving RVD the title shot, nor CM Punk. Test could get it again, but I think they'll make it a fresh main event. The other choice is Monty Brown, but considering he made his debut last week, I think he's more likely to challenge at One Night Stand, and that is at the earliest.

So yeah, my blend of pipe-dream and reality booking leads to the following WrestleMania card:

-Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship
-John Cena vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship
-Bobby Lashley vs. Hardcore Holly for the ECW World Championship
-The Undertaker vs. Batista to decide who will suffer their first WrestleMania loss
-Hulk Hogan vs. The Great Khali (ew)
-Vince McMahon vs. Mick Foley in a Street Fight
-King Booker vs. Finlay
-Kane vs. Umaga vs. Test in a Battle of the Big Men
-Kenny Dykstra vs. Carlito for the WWE Intercontinental Championship (first time the Title has been defended at a WrestleMania in five years)
-Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. The Hardys vs. MNM vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor in a TLC Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
-Mickie James vs. Victoria vs. Melina vs. Candice Michelle vs. Maria vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Jazz vs. Trinity vs. Kelly Kelly vs. Ariel vs. Ashley Massaro vs. Jillian Hall vs. Shantelle Taylor vs. Michelle McCool vs. Kristal Marshall vs. Trish Stratus (one night only) in a Battle Royal for the WWE Women's Championship
-Rob Van Dam vs. Marquis Cor Von

Xero
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, it's WAY too fucking early for Kennedy to win the title. He needs to go until AT LEAST SummerSlam, preferably longer before they blow their load with him.

Jeritron
01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
definitely, they need to chill out with Kennedy. He will be a much bigger asset to them if they wait it out until summerslam or WM24 and just relax with his push, make him look good against Batista and put him in a good program for Wrestlemania. Have him go over some good stars this summer.

Xero
01-17-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd have him get maybe two more shots (SummerSlam and another PPV, one of which being a 3 or 4 way), but not coming out the champion. Between shots, he should have feuds with and go over established guys like Michaels (I'd have him moved to RAW by mid-summer). Then build him up to win the Rumble next year.

El Fangel
01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I believe that Kane should win the Rumble. Give it to the guy who is overdue for the "big" win.

Jeritron
01-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Yea, a couple months ago I was saying Kennedy vs Michaels interpromotion for Wrestlemania. But now since Raw is going to need Michaels probably in the Main Event, I'd say have him go onto a fued with Benoit through Wrestlemania after giving Batista a close match at Royal Rumble.

Then go to the Michaels fued in the summer, or someone established on Smackdown if he stays there. It wouldn't be bad to see his summer fued be a #1 contenders fued and work into a triple threat at Summerslam, where him and his opponent cost eachother the match only for the uninvolved champion to walk out still champ (like Rock, Angle, Triple H) and then the 2 of them continue on to fued. Then build him up for Rumble time.

St. Jimmy
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Honestly, I'd really buy Michaels vs. Cena. I am the biggest fucking mark for Heel HBK. Having him snap last week could be a good chance for a heel turn. It could also set up a program for him and Trips (after he wins the belt.) Heel Shawn vs. Face Trips, would be fucking intense.

JTB31
01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
It would be easier to turn Cena heel.If he faces HBK at WM he is going to be boooed like crazy anyways.

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2007, 11:56 PM
How about the best of both worlds? Heel HBK who gets cheered like crazy against bland Cena at WrestleMania...:love:

Rammsteinmad
01-18-2007, 03:49 AM
I think it's pretty good that this year there is no obvious answer as to who's gonna win it. Usually (the last few years anyway) it's been pretty obvious in advance.

Avenger
01-18-2007, 04:40 AM
You guys need to remember Kennedy is pretty old as it is and probably doesn't have the same amount of years left in the industry as a Randy Orton might have

Impact!
01-18-2007, 05:33 AM
31?

Avenger
01-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Where did you get that information?

MTH15
01-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Undertaker if hes not booked in a match but DEFINATELY HBK. Everytime he gets a title shot he gets screwed over. But really it's a toss up. Not the Royal Rumble where you knew Chris Benoit was going to win. I love toss up Royal Rumbles. I really look forward to the Battal-Royal on the brand that lost the Royal Rumble.

ttetf
01-18-2007, 11:21 AM
HBK will/should win. I can possibly see them going with a storyline along the lines of the old vet being the underdog getting one last shot at the top spot. As opposed to last year, I can't see Cena being in the underdog position in the main event. His character is too built up and indestructible right now. HBK however seems to be at a crossroads. Something tells me that if HBK/Cena is the main event, it's going to be a face vs. face match.

Xero
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd bank on a Face vs. Tweener match.

Although either way you look at it Michaels will get cheered. If not the majority, it will be fairly split.

Rob
01-18-2007, 12:30 PM
What would be better for the company than Edge or Orton winning it? Someone whos not ready yet? Someone whos past their prime?

Well they have already used guys who weren't ready to even be on the roster. One of them is the ECW champion.

This year is the perfect time to have a mid carder surprise win and build a new program for Mania. Van Dam, Benoit, Jeff Hardy, Johnny Nitro, etc

Avenger
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah exactly. Put the fucking belt on Van Dam or Hardy. They don't have to be a new wrestler for it to be fresh.

DAMN iNATOR
01-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah exactly. Put the fucking belt on Van Dam or Hardy. They don't have to be a new wrestler for it to be fresh.

Yeah, with RVD most likely going to Mania in Detroit this year, I think they may just have RVD win the Rumble, and then take the ECW World Championship from a heel Lashley, or whoever is ECW World Champ at the time, seeing as how he IS from Battle Creek after all, so he wouldn't exactly be playing to his hometown, per se, but close enough. Just as long as an ECW Title Match wouldn't headline Mania, I think the main event this year deserves to go to SmackDown!'s World Heavyweight Championship match at Mania, since they've taken over as the quality, or "A" show on WWE programming as of right now, IMHO.

Crippla
01-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Benoit would be great.

Jeritron
01-18-2007, 05:42 PM
You guys need to remember Kennedy is pretty old as it is and probably doesn't have the same amount of years left in the industry as a Randy Orton might have

That doesn't stop them from pushing Dave Batista.

Crippla
01-18-2007, 05:45 PM
In my opinion, the most logical and possible choice is Randy Orton.

tucsonspeed6
01-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I agree that giving the title to Kennedy now would be way too early. He's good, and he's entertaining, but I just don't see him getting over with the mainstream crowd just yet. He's probably less over now than Orton was when he won his first championship. Putting him in some really good feuds would probably get him up to that point, and I think that this current program with Taker is along those lines (like Orton/Foley) but what if we put him in a triple threat for the title at WM 23? Don't job him or let him have the title, but get his face out there as a possible contender. Let him dominate some spots during the match, but finish with an interference. The interferer would then start a new program with Kennedy keeping him away from the title while his overness boosts, but at the same time, it's known now that he could probably hold his own in a title match again. Then, when WM 24 rolls around, we've had a year to think about it, and when Kennedy wins the Royal Rumble, we're not too suprised. The fans might not react in the same way that they did for Orton.

the wwe champion
01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
1. Cena vs Orton.
2. Cena vs Hogan.
3. Cena vs Edge-loser gets shot by a pistol in the ring.
4. Cena vs HBK-fans revenge match.
6. Cena vs Batista
7. Cena vs Chris Benoit.
8. Benoit vs Batista.
9. Batista vs Undertaker.
10. Batista vs Kane.

thedamndest
01-19-2007, 05:49 PM
If Kennedy made it to the final two in the Rumble, after having some big eliminations, it would be a great step towards him becoming established, pretty much like the Rock in 98. You knew he wasn't going to win, but he was in there with Austin, and less than a year later he was World champ.

addy2hotty
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Kennedy is fighting Dancing Dave for the title isn't he?

Kane Knight
01-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Zach Gowen. He'll be unstoppable!

Indifferent Clox
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
I'd like to see RVD switch brands and fight Batista, that way he'd be a triple Crown Champ, then go back to ECW with the belt win against Lashley, go to Raw Beat the champ there, over the course of the year, end the roster split, and then get beat by a returning Triple H and have them feud for a couple months, with main event Kane beating Triple H, then have Kane fight Batista, then Batista v. Michaels, Michaels v. RVD at wm next year.

Skippord
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
I like Edge winning and then switching to SD and winning the title

Dorkchop
01-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll say Edge should win. Maybe have the last two guys in there be Edge and HBK. Orton should last close to the end. Have Orton get eliminated, but somehow cost HBK a Rumble victory. Since Rated RKO have been going nuts with chairs, have Orton smash HBK with a chair. Edge wins. We get Orton and HBK at mania (continuing their feud) and Edge vs Cena. The only problem, is that Edge would lose his Wrestlemania streak to Cena.

I think Edge, or HBK would be the best choice. HBK winning though doesn't further the Rated RKO/DX feud or storyline.

Lock Jaw
01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.wrestlingalert.com/esittelyt/kenzo.jpg

redoneja
01-21-2007, 07:27 PM
translation?

D Mac
01-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Jimmy Wang Yang

El Fangel
01-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Zach Gowen. He'll be unstoppable!
Yep, both feet have to touch the floor :shifty:

Jeritron
01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
HBK will/should win. I can possibly see them going with a storyline along the lines of the old vet being the underdog getting one last shot at the top spot. As opposed to last year, I can't see Cena being in the underdog position in the main event. His character is too built up and indestructible right now. HBK however seems to be at a crossroads. Something tells me that if HBK/Cena is the main event, it's going to be a face vs. face match.

It would likely be booked as so, but regardless of how it's booked, a Wrestlemania die-hard crowd is most likely going to cheer shawn michaels. Even if hes a heel or a face, it doesn't matter it will probably be HHH vs Cena all over again.

Übermensch
01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
With three world titles, I see very little prestige left in the title scenes. That kills a lot of momentum for the Royal Rumble, and the build up to Wrestlemania. However well booked an angle is now, it will always seem diluted. For a truly intense Wrestlemania buildup, the world title count must go down.

That in mind, I think the best route for the WWE is an older, wiser and somewhat more angry and jaded HBK repursuing his boyhood dream. It seems like he enjoys somewhat widespread support at the moment, and riding off of HHH's injury, it makes sense. The real advantage behind this lies in the potential for a long overdue return of John Cena to a thuggish heel. I'll leave the armchair booking to others. All I will say is that if anyone in the near future has potential to garner strong main event level heel heat for Cena, HBK is the one.

Of course this would require an end to the Chain Gang merchindise, so my hopes aren't up.

the wwe champion
01-24-2007, 10:40 PM
HBK or The Undertaker.

The One
01-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Destor should make suprise entering and win it all. :yes: