PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion

Extreme Angle
01-17-2007, 02:49 AM
So I picked it up yesterday :D
Love it aint even started the main storyline, i am in the dark brother hood and got kicked out of the thieves guild but i am back in now :D

how can i steal stuff without getting caught?
cheers

D Mac
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Can't wait for the Shivering Isles expansion. Gonna cost 2400 Microsoft points tho! :eek:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/elderscrollsivshiveringisles/news.html?sid=6166936&mode=recent

D Mac
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
how can i steal stuff without getting caught?
cheers

Get some invisibility potions.

Destor
03-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm 85 hours in and I have only done 3 main story missions.

Destor
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
As far as your question goes:

If you mean pickpocketing then (depending on your sneak level) try not to steal things that are heavy. Someone is less likely to notice you've stolen they're house key than they are to notice you took their sheild for example.

If you mean just random stolen goods then don't do it in front of people. The NPC tend to go to bed around 12 am (on average.) Just break in and sneak around looting shit.

Tips:

Open Very Easy, Easy, and Average lock spells will help you out a lot in the earlier part of the game. Get a hold of average if you can cast it (or higher.)

Theirs a nice Invisibilty spell sold from the dealer in the Asassins Guild. But it if you can cast it. (Not Chameleon, INVISIBLE.)

SNEAK EVERYWHERE. Most importantly in caves, you get a high sneak skill + and invisibility spell and no one will find. I'm a 98 sneak right now and I can run with the Invisibility spell and no one will ever find me. It's pretty sweet.

KingofOldSchool
03-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I got the CE for $30 but I'm waiting until I get my HDD before I play it.

D Mac
03-09-2007, 12:51 AM
In case you don't know, this works after the patch on the 360.

Item Duplication(Pre/Post Patch)
1. Pull out any weapon(including fists)
2. Attack(Pull right Trigger)
3. Switch to inventory before attack ends(B button/red)
4. Equip any set of arrows and press A until a message, "You cannot change weapons while attacking" appears.
5. Drop Item you wish to Dupe
6. Exit Inventory and collect Duplications.

Note:
~The following cannot be duplicated; Stolen goods, one-of-a-kind items(Normally named something), Nirnroot, & Quest Items.
~The number of arrows in the set you equip will be how many the item becomes(at least)

Duplicate Varla Stones. As they can be sold for 600 gold or more a piece.

Extreme Angle
03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I use a bow for duping.
Completed the game last night, so I'm going to go trade it in along with saints row and gears of war to get graw 2, and hopefully some marketplace points.
Well good game tho

D Mac
03-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I use a bow for duping.
Completed the game last night, so I'm going to go trade it in along with saints row and gears of war to get graw 2, and hopefully some marketplace points.
Well good game tho

Bad idea

Shaggy
03-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Ive still yet to play this...this is one of those games that I would love to be able to get into...

D Mac
03-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Make sure you invest plenty of hours.

D Mac
03-10-2007, 12:57 AM
I use a bow for duping.
Well good game tho

You know there are side quests don't you. Also Knights of the Nine expansion which is a whole new game in itself. Not to mention Shivering Isles coming out.

Extreme Angle
03-10-2007, 04:09 AM
It's gone now, I pretty much play games and say I've completed them when I have all the achievements. Oblivion - 1000, Saints Row - 1000, Gears of War - 950 :( seriously was too much for me

Destor
03-10-2007, 03:20 PM
You're missing out.

D Mac
03-10-2007, 05:02 PM
I've got a Summon Spider Deadra and Summon Deadroth spells. Man they kick ass. :D

KingofOldSchool
03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
It's gone now, I pretty much play games and say I've completed them when I have all the achievements. Oblivion - 1000, Saints Row - 1000, Gears of War - 950 :( seriously was too much for me

So you're one of those geeks who gets off by showing people your 50231012 achievement points because you expect them to automatically bow at your video game greatness.

Destor
03-11-2007, 03:43 PM
I've got a Summon Spider Deadra and Summon Deadroth spells. Man they kick ass. :DI'm a novice is conjuration. (Can you recomend me a spell [and where to get it if possible] that cna get me started? Like I can't use any summon spells. The only thing I can cast in conjuration is turn undead. And I don't fight enough Zomies at my level for it to help.)

D Mac
03-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Well I'm a Breton and I have Conjuration as one of my major skills. Started off with summon skeleton and used it quite a bit. Forgot where I got it tho.

Extreme Angle
03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
So you're one of those geeks who gets off by showing people your 50231012 achievement points because you expect them to automatically bow at your video game greatness.
No It's just the games started to bore me when there was no achievements to get in them... Gears of War online was too glitchy

D Mac
03-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Oblivion is far from boring anytime.

Destor
03-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Well I'm a Breton and I have Conjuration as one of my major skills. Started off with summon skeleton and used it quite a bit. Forgot where I got it tho.Can you remember if it was one of the main cities? (Mage's Guild wise.)

D Mac
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I'll look it up.

D Mac
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
That page ^^^^ is the source for all things Elder Scrolls.

Ah that's right. You start with this spell if Conjuration is one of your major skills.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Spells

D Mac
03-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Calindil in the Mystic Emporium in the Imperial City. :y:

Destor
03-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Awesome.

D Mac
03-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Just got Shivering Isles and it's fucking awesome. A whole new world filled with multiple dungeons and quests. Not to mention new cities, characters, creatures, weapons and armor, items, and ingredients. And even a new voiceover. A must buy for those that still have Oblivion.

BTW playing Oblivion is the most fun Ive ever had on an RPG. And this makes it even better. :cool:

Mr Regal
04-02-2007, 08:08 AM
I just picked it up at lunch time! I'll give a go when i get home.

So if i don't post for a couple of months you'll know why.

Mr Regal
04-03-2007, 05:23 AM
Played it last night for a few hours, pretty impressed so far. looks awesome and it's fun the way you can just do whatever the hell you like.

D Mac
04-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I am now Arch Mage. :cool:

Mr Regal
04-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm still a bitch, and i just entered the arena and had the shit roundly kicked out of me.....turning to face the enemy that is hacking slices out of you quickly is hard on a laptop:(

D Mac
04-04-2007, 05:14 AM
Just beat the Main quest. The final battle scene is fucking awesome. All hail the Champion of Cyrodill.

Mr Regal
04-04-2007, 05:23 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'l be there one day

Won in the arena, because i cant trun as quickly as i would like, i now run backwards and cower behind my sheild.....then let the fucker have it.

I'm starting to pick more quests up now, it's very easy to get lost in...as in where the fuck did the last three hours go.

D Mac
04-04-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm on Xbox 360 BTW

Mr Regal
04-04-2007, 06:28 AM
I suspect control is a lot more fluid with a pad rather than a fricking keyboard!

I'm pretty used to it tho so:-\

Mr Regal
04-09-2007, 07:53 PM
So i have ploughed through quite a few hours now and have done fuck all as far as the main story quests go:lol:

I have rather enjoyed bounding about the country side on my stolen steed and fighting any miscreants i may meet. I like the fact that there are so many dungeons and caves and the like to randomly happen upon and loot.

Frigging loving this game at the moment:y:

Destor
04-09-2007, 07:57 PM
This game was great; I beat some time last week. Now that I have beaten God of War II I'm going to go back in and do some random exploring, I still have one mission plus the bulk of the deadric shrines. Not to mention random exploring and three more houses to buy. MORE FUN.

D Mac
04-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah I started a new character. When I beat the Main Quest it just didn't feel right because I had used cheats. So I'm going through it without any. I chose all the skills I use the most.

Destor
04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
FOR SHAME DIESLE MAC!

D Mac
04-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Yeah it makes exploring dungeons worthwile, for loot. With gold cheats dungeons really didn't mean anything.

KingofOldSchool
04-10-2007, 07:49 AM
READ NOW

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5165&Itemid=2

Mr Regal
04-10-2007, 08:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bummer!

DM you sir are a filthy cheating rogue!

Exploring Dugeons is mucho fun, except when i am been chased by zombies. Why are they fast? and why can't you chop there head off in one swoop? The make me shiver and I am not happy with the way they have not obeyed the law of Zombies i.e slow and easily decapitated:rant:

By the by i have found shit load of nint root! That better be worth the effort i took to find it......i.e. stumbling across it while hunting mud crabs and wolves:shifty:

tucsonspeed6
04-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I've played three different characters before I found one that felt right. I'm a Witch Hunter now. The game's gotten a bit too easy since I've discovered the wonderful uses of 100% Chameleon.

Destor
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I refuse to use Chameleon. far too simple.

D Mac
04-11-2007, 12:54 AM
READ NOW

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5165&Itemid=2

Yeah heard about that. Mine hasn't crashed yet and had it for a couple of weeks now.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Been playing the PS3 version. INsanely fun. I have next to no story line advancement, but I am a vampire, and killing people for the Dark Brotherhood. Good times.

D Mac
04-16-2007, 04:58 AM
I just met the Gray Fox himself!

Mr Regal
04-16-2007, 05:57 AM
I am a member of the thives guild and am making my way to meet that sucka, however i feel i need to stop being distracted by dungeons and quests for whine and weeds :wtf:

McDoogle
04-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Is this game strictly first person? Or is it third-person view mode as well?

Mr Regal
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Third person if you like.

Works a lot better, and looks a lot better in first person though.

Extreme Angle
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I'd completed all of the main questlines, And explored most of the map,
Name some of the hidden stuff you found when you were exploring, here's mine.
The invisible troll up by dive rock, read the diary entry up on dive rock then go east and you will see the body of the person who wrote the diary entry, then you get attacked by an invisible troll.
The troll who ended it all - there's a troll under a bridge somewhere, he has a suicide note on him when you search him.
The fin helmet of gleam - bottom left of the map under water is a green glass helmet which gives night eye and something else....
There's also a giant mud crab, never found that.

Mr Regal
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
I found your families dignity in a sack behind the inn in Bruma. The story goes they lost it on the terrible day you were born.

I hate people telling little secret bits without any warning, you sir are a damn fool:foc:

Destor
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
That big crab was pretty wild. Caught me off guard, I was just pillaging a cave and then *bam* Big f'n crab crawls out of this whole. Pretty crazy.

KingofOldSchool
04-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I hate when stupid crabs and rats come out of nowhere and attack you.

D Mac
04-17-2007, 03:18 AM
That big crab was pretty wild. Caught me off guard, I was just pillaging a cave and then *bam* Big f'n crab crawls out of this whole. Pretty crazy.

Where?

tucsonspeed6
04-17-2007, 12:33 PM
I found a bloated body floating in a lake. On him was a love letter mentioning meeting somewhere and that he would be the one wearing a primrose. He was also holding primrose leaves. I thought there was some backstory to it, but haven't found anything yet.

I also used the Finger of the Mountain power a dead bear that was on the edge of a cliff. It launched it a good thirty foot in the air and fell into a foggy abyss. One of the coolest things I've seen so far.

I've run across a few invisible animals, but I think it was a glitch.

Mr Regal
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I hade some wolves chase me into a lake and they just kind of swam around under the water until i hacked them up???

And I was attacked by an invisible skeleton.

Game keeps crashing at the mo...very annoying.

MTH15
04-17-2007, 06:46 PM
My friends are addicted to this game here man. I'd get it if I had a 360.

KingofOldSchool
04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Where?

I'd like to know too so I can avoid that place.

Destor
04-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I actually have no clue. It was when I first got the game basically. I was just aimlessly wandering about going from cave to cave and then at the end there was a HUGE carb. Like x3 of a normal one (almost troll like.) Pretty cool. Kicked his ass though, big crab or no big crab it's still just a crab.

Mr Regal
04-19-2007, 05:38 AM
I had a couple of hairy moments playing this last night.

I was following some cat guy who was being chased by a boar in the woods on the way to Bravin, but i lost him. Anyway i happened across charcol(sp?) cave with all the waterfalls shortly after, and heard a rumble. So i turn and it's an Imp. kicked it's arse and it flew past me, so i turn to kill it and that dude comes belting past me again and i hear the rumble and as the imp falls to the floor i see in the distance a great big nasty troll who is chasing the cat dude. It bowled straight past me....bringing with it a wolf....WTF? Anyway long story short I killed them all....fuckers.

Also just after this i did some Jumbo Potatoe quest and fought an Ogre, however as the battle ranged over quite some distance (me running backwards slashing and firing arrows into its belly) i ended up adding a couple of wolves and a boar to the fight....all good fun:)

Changed my rating of this game to 11/10

Extreme Angle
04-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah I started that jumbo potato quest omw to the first dark brotherhood mission.
Always wanted to do that quest...

chrisat928
04-23-2007, 06:04 AM
The invisible enimies isn't a glitch, they're part of a quest.
It's called Zero Visibility. There is a little village called Aleswell, on Silver Road. Everyone is invisable and they tell you a wizard named Ancotar did this. His base is Fort Caractaus, slightly southeast of the village. He's on the outside of the Fort. You find his journal on a desk, and you hear him talk, he yells at you, follow his voice. Talk to him but don't kill him and he will give you the antidote, you then go to the village and use the potion and everyone comes back into view.

tucsonspeed6
04-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Or if you don't want to follow his voice, you can just use life detection. That seemed to work on the invisible animals for me.

D Mac
06-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Still playing the shit out of this game. Working on Shivering Isles and still have to do the Knights of the Nine.

Mr Regal
06-21-2007, 08:02 AM
I am also still ploughing through this game. Haven't played it for a week or two, i reckon i'll have a blast at it tonight. I've played it for ages but still haven't really got that far. So much to do. Not loving the way enemies level up with you though. That's poo. Especially if you level up loads before stepping into Oblivion....that makes things rather difficult.

DAMN iNATOR
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know how to get into the Orrery at the main Mage's Guild in the Imperial City?:?:

gatoconbotas
06-22-2007, 03:30 PM
It's an expansion you can buy off of Xbox Life marketplace. I don't remember which one it was, but it's pretty lame.

I haven't got Shivering Isles or Knights of the Nine yet, but the Wizard's Tower is awesome, as is Mehrune's Dagger.

I recently re-started playing this game again. Since my hard drive took a shitter, I had to restart entirely. I'm like level 12 or 13 and am a pure mage.

Question for you all though:
I'm having a hell of a time increasing my magicka.
My intelligence is at like 90 and my magicka is yet to reach 300. Makes casting powerful spells really fucking hard. I'm a Breton male with the Mage sign. I was thinking of using Atrinoch, because of the 150 magicka boost, but the stunted magicka made me not do it.

So...any other way to increase magicka?

Also! Is there a fortify intelligence or Magicka potion you can make? I have 100 in alchemy, so all I need is the ingredient. I'm yet to find one :-(

D Mac
06-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah just beat Shivering Isles main quest and I am the Lord of Shivering Isles. Now going to do Knights of the Nine.

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I just started on my lil brother's 360 last night.. Did do the dup cheat thing he showed me..

I am a scary looking dark elf..

p.s. this game is pretty sweet but it's just making me want Fable II more..

DAMN iNATOR
07-10-2007, 01:23 PM
It's an expansion you can buy off of Xbox Life marketplace. I don't remember which one it was, but it's pretty lame.

I haven't got Shivering Isles or Knights of the Nine yet, but the Wizard's Tower is awesome, as is Mehrune's Dagger.

I recently re-started playing this game again. Since my hard drive took a shitter, I had to restart entirely. I'm like level 12 or 13 and am a pure mage.

Question for you all though:
I'm having a hell of a time increasing my magicka.
My intelligence is at like 90 and my magicka is yet to reach 300. Makes casting powerful spells really fucking hard. I'm a Breton male with the Mage sign. I was thinking of using Atrinoch, because of the 150 magicka boost, but the stunted magicka made me not do it.

So...any other way to increase magicka?

Also! Is there a fortify intelligence or Magicka potion you can make? I have 100 in alchemy, so all I need is the ingredient. I'm yet to find one :-(

Just keep experimenting with ingredients, and remember, the more apparatuses you use, the greater chance you have of not only creating the spell(s) you want (given the correct ingredients, of course), but also, of making more powerful spells. And also, if most of your major skills, like mine, are related to your use of Magicka, either get training from trainers who will help you out (There's someone at the Molag Bal shrine, name escapes me, who can train you up to 100 in Conjuration in exchange for summoning a Faded Wraith, which you can buy a spell for from someone connected with the Mages' Guild, and also by bringing 10 Welkynd Stones to Martina Floria in the Imperial City, Arcane University's Chironasium (I found her upstairs, sleeping), she will be willing to train you to 100 in Illusion.), or you can also try casting magicka spells in rooms, at walls, etc., basically anywhere where you won't have to worry about committing a crime by "assaulting"/"attacking" someone without provocation; that don't require more training than what you have (i.e., If you're a Journeyman (lv. 50-74 in skill) in Alteration, don't bother trying to do an Expert (lv. 75-99 in skill) spell...it won't work until you've trained to lv. 75) I have spent hours just casting spells in this fashion and leveling up in all the magicka spells rather than spend hard-earned gold for training sessions, and let me tell ya, it's been well worth it too. The only skill I'm not a Master at yet is Alchemy, and that's at 35, only because I'm too lazy to try and put ingredients together to make spells with because I already have a shitload of potions that I don't really use that much because I can just go to my spells for 99% of anything that happens to me (i.e., using a heal wounds spell to repair health damage, "cure poison/disease" to cure any ailments I pick up, etc.).
Well I've been ranting long enough, hope my advice can help you out.

DAMN iNATOR
07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
By the by i have found shit load of nint root! That better be worth the effort i took to find it......i.e. stumbling across it while hunting mud crabs and wolves:shifty:

Uh...it's actually nirnroot (not that it matters), and the first one you "successfully harvested" should have added a quest, called “Seeking Your Roots” (seriously!) to your list telling you to talk to an alchemist about it (you can find one in the Market District in Imperial City.) Where you'll be referred to Sinderion at the West Weald Inn in Skingrad. Once you have 10 Nirnroot plants, bring them to him and he will make you a Weak Elixir of Exploration, ready after a 24-hour wait (or something to that effect, I know it's "_________ of Exploration", at least) potion, and tells you if you want a moderate version of it, to bring him 20 more Nirnroot plants, and after 24-hours, he will give you the moderate version of the potion, and tell you that if you want him to make you the STRONG stuff you'll have to bring him (you guessed it) 30 Nirnroot plants! and if you've already gotten the first couple of potion batches, weak and moderate, and have 30 Nirnroot (which unfortunately, cannot be duplicated using the "equip your bow and arrows, and press UnEquip from the inventory menu, and then scroll and select (whatever) and drop it to make as many of it as there are arrows equipped" loophole), take them to Sinderion and you'll get the strong potion. Hope this helps, and just for the record I've only done the 10 and 20 so far...30 should prove much more of a daunting task...

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't know if this has been talked about cause I didn't read this whole thread but I was playing with my litlle bro and we figured out an awesome way to use the dup drop cheat..

You go into a store that buys weapons (or whatever) and duplicate a sword or something.. (it made like 85 of them for me) anyway, instead of just picking up like five at a time and not getting overincumbered or whatever, duplicate them close to the retailer, pick them all up or all you can reach from one point, them drop them again.. This makes all of them you just picked up, into ONE item.. Do this, dropping them all close to the buyer until they are all within reach.. pick them all up and you can sell like 10 at a time until they are all gone without getting overloaded..

Got like 20,000 gold in like 5 minutes..

Yeah..

D Mac
07-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Well I have an enchanted necklace that only weighs .01 and is worth 4000 gold so I get dupe that and get max gold from the merchants.

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm only likt 2 hour in..

:(

Still pretty cool cheating a cheat..

:y:

p.s. pretty sexy avatar..

Mr Regal
07-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Did the whole nirnroot thing ages ago, but thanks anyway.

DAMN iNATOR
07-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't know if this has been talked about cause I didn't read this whole thread but I was playing with my litlle bro and we figured out an awesome way to use the dup drop cheat..

You go into a store that buys weapons (or whatever) and duplicate a sword or something.. (it made like 85 of them for me) anyway, instead of just picking up like five at a time and not getting overincumbered or whatever, duplicate them close to the retailer, pick them all up or all you can reach from one point, them drop them again.. This makes all of them you just picked up, into ONE item.. Do this, dropping them all close to the buyer until they are all within reach.. pick them all up and you can sell like 10 at a time until they are all gone without getting overloaded..

Got like 20,000 gold in like 5 minutes..

Yeah..

Anytime I need more gold I just go to Count Janus Hassildor in Skingrad and ask him about “Reward”, because he’ll just keep on doling out gold to you as long as you stand there and ask him about it. One time when I noticed that the first reward was 1,000gp and would thus remain at 1,000 gp until I left the city of Skingrad and came and talked to him again, I stayed there and racked up as much Oblivion bling as I cared for and walked out of the castle with gold jinglin' in my pockets...damn I'm smooth!:cool:

DAMN iNATOR
07-11-2007, 02:47 PM
If anyone hasn’t heard the news, and you haven’t bought Oblivion yet, I would ask just what the hell was wrong with you, except that just like The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind on the Original XBOX console, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will also be getting the Game of The Year treatment from Bethesda Softworks/2K Games, featuring both of the most popular expansions, Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine, which is due out (The GotY ed of Oblivion, not the expansion packs, obv...pretty self-explanatory :roll:) in September.

IGN Eł Article:
http://games.ign.com/articles/802/802417p1.html

Kris P Lettus
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Anytime I need more gold I just go to Count Janus Hassildor in Skingrad and ask him about “Reward”, because he’ll just keep on doling out gold to you as long as you stand there and ask him about it. One time when I noticed that the first reward was 1,000gp and would thus remain at 1,000 gp until I left the city of Skingrad and came and talked to him again, I stayed there and racked up as much Oblivion bling as I cared for and walked out of the castle with gold jinglin' in my pockets...damn I'm smooth!:cool:

haha

NICE

D Mac
07-14-2007, 01:43 PM
If anyone hasn’t heard the news, and you haven’t bought Oblivion yet, I would ask just what the hell was wrong with you, except that just like The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind on the Original XBOX console, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will also be getting the Game of The Year treatment from Bethesda Softworks/2K Games, featuring both of the most popular expansions, Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine, which is due out (The GotY ed of Oblivion, not the expansion packs, obv...pretty self-explanatory :roll:) in September.

IGN Eł Article:
http://games.ign.com/articles/802/802417p1.html

I'm hoping Morrowind will become 360 compatible. Never played it.

D Mac
07-15-2007, 03:23 PM
They just updated the backward compatibilty list and Morrowind is on it!

Mr Regal
07-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Is morrowind worth picking up for the Xbox then?

DAMN iNATOR
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Is morrowind worth picking up for the Xbox then?

Yes it is, and I happen to think that the main quest in Morrowind was slightly more fun than the main storyline of Oblivion. And if you wanted to, you could try and find a copy of the GotY edition, which has 2 expansions, Bloodmoon and Mournhold(? [well, that's one of the 2 new settings anyway in the GotY expansion.])

D Mac
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm gonna buy it tommorrow. My game store has it used for like 15 bucks I think.

D Mac
07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh Daminator those expansions are Bloodmoon and Tribunal.

DAMN iNATOR
07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Oh Daminator those expansions are Bloodmoon and Tribunal.

So it's been a couple years since I beat and forgot all about it, but thanks for correcting me at any rate.

OssMan
09-15-2007, 12:13 PM
wowwwww is there any way to invert the horizontal camera because otherwise this game is unplayable. Also why is there an option to invert the vertical camera but nothing else

D Mac
07-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Playing this again. On PS3 :cool:

OssMan
07-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah, after I got the last achievement I haven't played this at all except for going back to my regular character and mastering acrobatics. I should get Shiverings Isles.

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2008, 09:43 AM
I've started replaying this also.. Beat the Fighters Guild, Thieves Guild, Arena, Dark Brotherhood, etc.. only a couple of missions into the main storyline but own a house in every city and have Umbra..

:cool:

Kris P Lettus
07-15-2008, 09:44 AM
And wtf are you talking about the camera assmang?? I've never had trouble with it except when riding the horse and I just switch to 3rd person..

Kris P Lettus
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Being a Vampire is horrid.. Well, atleast curing yourself is horrid..

Bad Company
07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I was thinking of becoming a vampire second time round, just started as a dark elf. I am surprised that the fire resistance is all shit.

Destor
07-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Dark Elf + Vampire = the shit. I played the whole game that way.

OssMan
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
And wtf are you talking about the camera assmang?? I've never had trouble with it except when riding the horse and I just switch to 3rd person..The directions were backwards for me but that was because I am a disoriented person. I adadpted eventually.

Being a Vampire is horrid.. Well, atleast curing yourself is horrid..

Noh just make sure you feed off of people. Mad skill increase and fire resistance for being a vampire. It's also really easy to get around once you have vampirism for a while.

Kris P Lettus
07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, just need to feed every night.. It sucked not being able to quick travel do to being hurt by sunlight..

Extreme Angle
07-19-2008, 06:05 PM
There are so many videos of people killing the Adoring Fan on youtube...

Mostly all by dive rock and then watching him fall. Its so funny.