PDA

View Full Version : TNA "Shoot" X Division

Destor
01-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Got this from TSM. It's supposed to be in new Observer, but I've still yet to get it. Mail hasn't come yet:

The booking team is trying to come up a shoot concept to be different to WWE. The vague idea is to have all X Division matches have time limits but have real judges deciding the outcome based on who gave the best performance in the match. Again, this would be a shoot decision. This is not a completely new idea, but no one in the past has ever worked out a way to get it to work. Bischoff talked to Meltzer about it after WCW went down and even Nick Bockwinkel has talked about this idea in the past. The problem with it is that you'd get wrestlers working selfishly and possibly even going out of their way to make their opponents look bad.

By this point, it's just TNA finding ways to be so bad, it's funny....which they're getting dangerously close of making their whole program that way.

I only hope that Backlund, Eric Young, and Kevin Nash are the judges.

KingofOldSchool
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh man...

McLegend
01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
This is somewhat of an interesting idea, and it might work in a wrestling promotion... that isn't directly competing with the WWE.

The One
01-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Dumb. Stupid. Idiotic.

Xero
01-22-2007, 05:03 PM
At first I thought Abyss shot the X-Division.

redoneja
01-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Hmm. It would work if, you know, wrestling wasn't supposed to be pre-determined.

Caged Heat18
01-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Bleh. I do not like this idea at all.

Xero
01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
The only way this could be a serious concept (and it would still be stupid as fuck) is if they did it in a "reverse Cyber Sunday" type of deal, where after the event you have like 4 days to vote on who had the best performance.

Of course, it would be mostly "OMG I <3 SABIN! I VOTE 4 HIM" votes, but at least it would be better than having pre-determined judges. Even if they were giving honest ratings people would still call bullshit, as they should.

Kane Knight
01-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh, Fox is gonna chew you guys out.

PullMyFinger
01-22-2007, 05:28 PM
You know, normally I'd say this is the dumbest idea ever....but for some reason I'm not.

1 - It does in some ways differentiate themselves from WWE.

2 - It keeps up with the whole idea of kayfabe which seems to be dying out of wrestling.

Well those are the positives, other than that, what a horrible idea.

KingofOldSchool
01-22-2007, 05:31 PM
You know, normally I'd say this is the dumbest idea ever....but for some reason I'm not.

2 - It keeps up with the whole idea of kayfabe which seems to be dying out of wrestling.

Well those are the positives, other than that, what a horrible idea.

Well first even if kayfabe is dead, people would still see this idea as a lame duck. I mean most people figured out that wrestling is scripted way before the companies admitted it, themselves.

With that being said, it may set them apart from WWE. However, it's like comparing green shit to brown shit. It looks different, but at the end of the day...it still stinks.

Destor
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
I like the potential of a shoot stlye in wrestling, and personally I think a more realistic approach to this fake sport of ours could be F'N HUGE. The problem I have with this is TNA isn't cappable of handling this, it will quickly be turned into a joke. Thus making it harder for another company down the road to give this proper attention and care.

Stickman
01-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Kinda like Brawl For (it?) All?

Destor
01-22-2007, 05:59 PM
I thought Brawl for All was a shoot? Like they really boxed/mma whatever they did...

Stickman
01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
They did, and I was thinking by shoot, that's what TNA meant. Then I reread it. I dont' like the idea of judges picking the winner. The judges would all be told who to vote for.

Testicle
01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
1. Brawl for all was a shoot.

2. This idea would never work.

Kane Knight
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
So does smearing feces all over the ring--A marginally better idea.

The Ravishing One
01-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Bleh. I do not like this idea at all.

:y:

Crippla
01-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Act of desperation right here.

Kane Knight
01-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I like the potential of a shoot stlye in wrestling, and personally I think a more realistic approach to this fake sport of ours could be F'N HUGE. The problem I have with this is TNA isn't cappable of handling this, it will quickly be turned into a joke. Thus making it harder for another company down the road to give this proper attention and care.

Don't worry. Once TNA goes down as a joke, nobody'll remember enough to care.

6to1
01-22-2007, 06:55 PM
did'nt they allready have time limits on matches like when they were on fox sports.

Kane Knight
01-22-2007, 07:26 PM
And it would go to decision if the time limit was reached.

But now it'll be a SHOOT decision!

Which will be as real as CanadianCrippla.

Crippla
01-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Nice analogy, KK.

Kane Knight
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Thank You, LaraEmily 1234.

6to1
01-22-2007, 08:49 PM
i kind of like the ticker they had

Skippord
01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Thats awful

Batsu
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Horrible idea.

Fox
01-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Hmm. It would work if, you know, wrestling wasn't supposed to be pre-determined.

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
OMG

Crippla
01-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank You, LaraEmily 1234.
What is the exact purpose of the '1234'?

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
To distinguish you from Lara Emily?

Or, possibly because your AIM SN is "KaneKnight1234?"

Kane Knight
Or both?

Kane Knight
Or, perhaps, neither?

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Or Loose Cannon?

ron the dial
01-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Dumb. Stupid. Idiotic.
Also, retarded.

jindrak
01-23-2007, 03:56 PM
I actually liked the Brawl for All concept. Even though it made Bart Gunn look like a fool when he faced Butterbean at WM15, the concept helped put over wrestlers in a different way. It made a fake sport seem real.

DAMN iNATOR
01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, that would certainly be TNA helping WWE by flushing WWE's only "REAL" competition down the toilet...

Testicle
01-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Well, that would certainly be TNA helping WWE by flushing WWE's only "REAL" competition down the toilet...

TNA is not "Real"competition.

Corkscrewed
01-23-2007, 06:20 PM
TNA vs WWE reminds me of the Democrats vs the Republicans and Bush.

WWE (Bush) does everything possible to fuck its constituency over and give TNA (Democrats) a chance to gain power. All the challengers really need to do is get a little organization in order and produce some a consistently solid showing, because the players are there.

What happens instead? Internal bickering, disorganization, and illogicality contribute to the power guys staying in power, just like how Bush won a second term.

Crazy, eh?

Xero
01-23-2007, 06:21 PM
So you're saying Hogan's running for president again?

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 06:58 PM
TNA vs WWE reminds me of the Democrats vs the Republicans and Bush.

WWE (Bush) does everything possible to fuck its constituency over and give TNA (Democrats) a chance to gain power. All the challengers really need to do is get a little organization in order and produce some a consistently solid showing, because the players are there.

What happens instead? Internal bickering, disorganization, and illogicality contribute to the power guys staying in power, just like how Bush won a second term.

Crazy, eh?

Sadly, the Democrats are more like Smackdown.

The only reason they're viable is because the lobbyists are backing two horses, so one always wins.

TNA isn't the Dms or Republicans. TNA isn't even the Green Party. TNA is the Marijuana Party, or the "911 was an inside job" party. It's four fucking retards on a street corner, who will never be taken seriously, even if both parties are off the ticket.

DAMN iNATOR
01-23-2007, 07:05 PM
You nailed it. SmackDown! definitely seems to be getting more productive, even though they recently took over the Quality Dept. from RAW (note the U.S. Congress reference there.) What I'm basically saying is is that SmackDown! (dems) is getting more done already than what RAW (republicans) accomplished over several years, and as of right now, have a pretty brilliant future ahead of them. Unless they decide to put the World Heavyweight Title on Taker at No Way Out or Mania, then things might not be quite as rosy for SmackDown! as they are now...

the Illusionist
01-23-2007, 11:09 PM
If it were to be more as a specialty match or guantlet or tournament, it could work. but as for all? as in a complete reform?nah.

Skippord
01-23-2007, 11:24 PM
You nailed it. SmackDown! definitely seems to be getting more productive, even though they recently took over the Quality Dept. from RAW (note the U.S. Congress reference there.) What I'm basically saying is is that SmackDown! (dems) is getting more done already than what RAW (republicans) accomplished over several years, and as of right now, have a pretty brilliant future ahead of them. Unless they decide to put the World Heavyweight Title on Taker at No Way Out or Mania, then things might not be quite as rosy for SmackDown! as they are now...
I was thinking that they should have Edge win the rumble and Taker win the title at No Way Out and then have Edge jump to Smackdown and win the title at Mania maintaining his streak and ending Taker's

El Fangel
01-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Dumb. Stupid. Idiotic.