PDA

View Full Version : WWE Films

the Illusionist
01-23-2007, 11:29 PM
So far we've seen two one dimensional superstars get put into different situations tht best fit their personality. Kane's movie got murdered in the reviews, I'm not sure about Cena but only 'the chain gang' praised it.Austin is in store next, so it's not hard to predict what he's going to be...some kind ofone man army or something. Who would you like to in a fim, as what and why? Which guys can actually put something out and not make it look like a 90 minute vignette?

Lock Jaw
01-23-2007, 11:43 PM
JBL was pretty great in his acting in the old Wrestlemania 21 movie parody vignettes (conversely, in the same vignette Cena was a terrible actor and they should have seen where him acting would go...)

Jura
01-23-2007, 11:47 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0443473/
"The Condemned" tells the story of Joe Conrad (Stone Cold Steve Austin), who is awaiting the death penalty in a corrupt Central American prison. He is "purchased" by a wealthy television producer and taken to a desolate island where he must fight to the death against nine other condemned killers from all corners of the world, with freedom going to the sole survivor.

Jornada del muerto
http://imdb.com/title/tt0380466/
WWE is currently making a movie made up primarily of WWE wrestlers.

Chris Jericho was in a Sci-Fi original movie called "Android Apocalypse" and he was not bad in it. Honestly I don't want to see any current wrestlers in any movie except maybe Big Show in a goofy role. Chris and The Rock are the only ones I want to see making movies.

The Cock
01-23-2007, 11:48 PM
WWE films are an embarrassment and a joke

The Rock is using Dwayne Johnson as his moniker now because he doesn't want to be labelled as a wrestler as much as before. Moving forward

Blitz
01-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Jornada del muerto
http://imdb.com/title/tt0380466/
WWE is currently making a movie made up primarily of WWE wrestlers.
lol this one has to be fake somehow.

Fox
01-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Even worse, WWE is making an attempt at entering the literary world as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Apple-Takedown-Rudy-Josephs/dp/1416510893/sr=1-1/qid=1169618415/ref=sr_1_1/103-0248562-6383042?ie=UTF8&s=books

SUMMARY: December 2001: Vince McMahon steps out of a snowy night into a diner in upstate New York for a meeting with old friend Phil Thomson, now a highly placed government official. Thomson has a strange pro██████████ creating a new covert black-ops group using the Superstars of World Wrestling Entertainment. The WWE's talented men and women are perfect. Highly skilled athletes with the ideal cover, they travel all across the country and the globe; no one would find it unusual to find them in a town one day and gone the next. The government would train and support the wrestlers in every way possible except one: no one must know the truth.

March 2006: The Superstars have been handed their latest assignment -- take down a commercial-grade methyl-amphetamine plant that is bankrolling terrorist activities in Europe. Their mission seems simple and straightforward, until a member of their team is taken prisoner. Now all that they've worked so hard for is in jeopardy, and one of their own might be killed...

Kane Knight
01-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Cena's was a solid action movie that fit well within the genre it tried to capture. People who complain or think only the women and 12 year olds that make up Cena's fanbase enjoyed it need to get their reality checked.

KingofOldSchool
01-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah someone I know LOVES John Cena, but HATED the movie.

So it works both ways.

Maria xXx
01-24-2007, 09:39 AM
See no evil was a good movie.

Kane Knight
01-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Haven't seen SNE.

TerranRich
01-24-2007, 10:35 AM
WWE films are an embarrassment and a joke

The Rock is using Dwayne Johnson as his moniker now because he doesn't want to be labelled as a wrestler as much as before. Moving forward
The Rock has nothing to do with wrestling. Please keep discussion about Mr. Johnson in Casual.

;)

Kane Knight
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I usually see him billed as Duane "The Rock" Johnson on TV these days, so I wouldn't say he's disassociated himself.

FourFifty
01-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Even worse, WWE is making an attempt at entering the literary world as well.

Take a second to read Journey Into Darkness. It's the "biography" of Kane (Not Glenn Jacobs). Not too bad for a story.

Stickman
01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
CHances are I will never watch one.

ttetf
01-24-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm suprised we've yet to see Grapefruits: The Vince McMahon Story
Starring: Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Hulk Hogan, and John Cena as Vince's left testicle!

Kane Knight
01-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Take a second to read Journey Into Darkness. It's the "biography" of Kane (Not Glenn Jacobs). Not too bad for a story.

It's Fox. Not only does he think it's a new venture for them, but it gives him a chance to bitch about WWE.

Jeritron
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
See no evil was a good movie.

I have to disagree. I was actually excited about this movie, I thought Kane could pull off a slasher role. One of the worst horror/slasher movies I've ever seen. No variety in the kills, little suspense and very bland. To each his or her own tho.

thedamndest
01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Agreed, but I thought Kane was good in it though. He just has the look.

Dorkchop
01-24-2007, 11:11 PM
I have to disagree. I was actually excited about this movie, I thought Kane could pull off a slasher role. One of the worst horror/slasher movies I've ever seen. No variety in the kills, little suspense and very bland. To each his or her own tho.

Yeah, but all the horror slasher flicks right now are the same in lameness.

I wish the WWE were more focused on having great wrestling shows than everything else that isn't wrestling. Even their flagship show has little to do with wrestling.

the Illusionist
01-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Cena's was a solid action movie that fit well within the genre it tried to capture. People who complain or think only the women and 12 year olds that make up Cena's fanbase enjoyed it need to get their reality checked.

are you partially deaf?tell me who cheers and who boos when comes out, please. thanks.

Kane Knight
01-25-2007, 12:54 PM
are you partially deaf?tell me who cheers and who boos when comes out, please. thanks.

Are you completely retarded? Tell me what that has to do with the movie of which I was speaking, please, thanks.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7e6yEacAguk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7e6yEacAguk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Kane Knight
01-25-2007, 12:56 PM
So...Any bets on who The Illusionist really is?

TerranRich
01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking CC, if CC isn't already a sock.

the Illusionist
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
hey jackass; answer my fucking question. who cheers for him the most when he comes out? the male demographic, or women and children? it's really not that hard of a question.

p.s, you can think who i am as much as you pathetic minds can muster, that doesnt make it true.

addy2hotty
01-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Would deafness really effect someones ability to interpret a question on a messageboard?

Just throwing it out there.

the Illusionist
01-25-2007, 05:57 PM
if it's about a question that you need to hear to answer FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD. that clear things up at all? great.

addy2hotty
01-25-2007, 06:01 PM
if it's about a question that you need to hear to answer FROM THE OUTSIDE WORLD. that clear things up at all? great.

That's not really cleared it up at all. In fact, I think you are more of a mong now.

the Illusionist
01-25-2007, 06:05 PM
i'll let you know when i give a shit what you think.till then, dont hold your breath.

what the hell part of the question arent you getting? deaf when it comes to hearing reacts in what to cena's entrance.

Kane Knight
01-25-2007, 06:05 PM
hey jackass; answer my fucking question. who cheers for him the most when he comes out? the male demographic, or women and children? it's really not that hard of a question.

p.s, you can think who i am as much as you pathetic minds can muster, that doesnt make it true.

See, if you were literate and not retarded, you would look at my previous posts. You would then find that I already mentioned that his fanbase is primarily women and children. You know, the people whose balls haven't dropped (OR are supposed to be inside). You would see I never disputed that, but rather disputed the audience for the Marine.

You would see that your question had already been answered before you asked it, and that it was not really relevant at this point.

But, alas, you aren't.

the Illusionist
01-25-2007, 06:08 PM
so then why bother saying cena has a male fan base? you could of course just answered the question to begin with rather than try to be clever..alas, which you arent. tell me, how many males make up cena's fan base? that are above the age og 16.

addy2hotty
01-25-2007, 06:09 PM
i'll let you know when i give a shit what you think.till then, dont hold your breath.

what the hell part of the question arent you getting? deaf when it comes to hearing reacts in what to cena's entrance.

Cena gets cheers from kids, women and other wiggers.

Think that clears it up pretty much.

the Illusionist
01-25-2007, 06:10 PM
and trell me smartass, just how much of a percentage of males are in cena's fanbase above 16?

Cena's was a solid action movie that fit well within the genre it tried to capture. People who complain or think only the women and 12 year olds that make up Cena's fanbase enjoyed it need to get their reality checked

really, dont crap out of your own posts. tell me who chants for cena.

the Illusionist
01-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Cena gets cheers from kids, women and other wiggers.

Think that clears it up pretty much.

above the age of 16? i doubt even wiggers are that stupid.

Kane Knight
01-25-2007, 06:53 PM
If yso then why bother saying cena has a male fan base? you could of course just answered the question to begin with rather than try to be clever..alas, which you arent. tell me, how many males make up cena's fan base? that are above the age og 16.

See, again. If you were a non-retard, you'd know the answer: I didn't bother saying that. My initial statement was one that his fanbase IS predominantly girls and little boys. Again, you fail to understand.

You whine about a lack of intelligent conversation, yet you're incapable of it.

the Illusionist
01-25-2007, 06:59 PM
try to learn how to actually judge people based on your ignorant perception, till then shut the fuck up. you never said predominately. you never gave a general impression or number. you just crapping out of your own posts if your not posting some dumb video, and being dumb enough to assume i'll watch. by the way, try being as 'mature' as you claim to, and i'd like to see if you can aactually overlook this. then you're just proving that i get to you the same way you insist you get to me.

Kane Knight
01-25-2007, 07:35 PM

Nope. Despite stating that Cena's fanbase was comprised of 12 year olds and women, I never made any statement. :rofl: Sorry, my semi-literate friend, you make no sense.

Testicle
01-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Illusionist, KK is actually agreeing with you. We all know Cena's only fans are kids and women.

Dorkchop
01-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I worked with a guy who was 18 or 19 and he absolutely loved Cena. He also hated Christian and Angle. He was a total mark.

Kane Knight
01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, but he thinks he's arguing against me.

Which, he sorta is. Because I'm not really arguing about his fanbase. I'm arguing that his fanbase in the wrestling world isn't indicative of the movie "the Marine." At least, not automatically.

Basically, it's arguing in two separate circles. I've moved away from his statement, and he hasn't caught up yet.

TerranRich
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Why doesn't The Illusionist have, like, 15 red dots below his post count? Something is up.

Kane Knight
01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I suspect he's probably Destor. ;)

What Would Kevin Do?
01-26-2007, 01:09 PM
KK, you don't seem to understand that ONLY wwe fans and wwe fans alone are going to see the movie. No other movie goer will see it... At all.

Also, I've had no luck finding out who's sock it is... yet. Although I can tell you where he is ;)

Kane Knight
01-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Is he in Michigan? Because I have a hunch that Funky's out to get me.

Kane Knight
01-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Anyway, you're right. The Marine has 0 appeal except to Cena fans. I concede the argument. :'( To be bested by a sock...

What Would Kevin Do?
01-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Nah, not Michigan.

Kane Knight
01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
So Funky has an accomplice then. He is clever, for one of "his kind."

You know what I mean...

...Canadians...:mad:

M-A-G
01-27-2007, 08:38 PM
so then why bother saying cena has a male fan base? you could of course just answered the question to begin with rather than try to be clever..alas, which you arent. tell me, how many males make up cena's fan base? that are above the age og 16.

He's not talking about the fan base of Cena.

the Illusionist
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM
sure, he isnt. thanks dude.good luck.

Kane Knight
01-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I wasn't I was speaking of yodellers. It's so clear.