PDA

View Full Version : rock/michaels heat?

The MAC
01-24-2007, 04:20 PM
whats the story between the rock n shawn michaels? I heard something about michaels holding him back. Anyone got the details on this situation ?

ttetf
01-24-2007, 04:34 PM
I remember an article sometime ago that wwe.com (I think) did with The Rock. They asked him a question like would he ever be interested in competing against guys he never had the chance to like Cena, Mysterio, HBK, etc. The Rock had positive responses for all of the listed guys except Michaels. He said something along the lines of not having any desire to do an angle with Shawn because of his past antics and bullshit (I'm assuming from 96' - 98' when these guys would have shared a locker room) and that he basically had no respect for HBK.

I gotta say though, that would be one hell of a match!

Xero
01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
If that was on WWE.com, they had obviously planned a program for those two.

Any other way I seriously doubt it was WWE.com.

But I haven't heard anything about heat between the two.

Rob
01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Basically when Rocky debuted, HHH and Michaels (especially the latter) shit all over him and picked on him purely because he was a new guy and that Bret Hart took a shine to him. If you remember Bret Hart wrestling Rocky in April 1997, Michaels told Vince to book this match and put the IC title on Bret basically to serve two purposes - Depush Rocky and Bret (if Bret had the IC belt, he'd be out of world title picture). Bret however refused to go over and wanted to lose to Rocky but Michaels went nuts and Vince had to settle on a DQ. Within weeks, Vader was planned to win the belt from him but he got arrested in Kuwait so Owen Hart beat him instead.

Although they hated Rocky in part to HHH having to drop the IC belt to him, they forget that had Michaels not faked a knee injury, he would have lost the WWF title to Sid Vicious as planned and the IC title match wouldn't have even happened.

Rocky wasn't depushed any more after this because Bret continously went to bat for him.

Yeah so Rock doesn't have a short memory.

redoneja
01-24-2007, 05:26 PM
So besides this and the "I lost my smile" stuff concerning Mania 13 and all, what else did Michaels pull during his tenure?

James Steele
01-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Shawn didn't fake his knee injury.

mrslackalack
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Interesting because the Rock/Bret IC title match is going to be on the Rocks Greatest matces DVD coming out in June.

Rob
01-25-2007, 06:56 AM
So besides this and the "I lost my smile" stuff concerning Mania 13 and all, what else did Michaels pull during his tenure?

Shook hands with Bret on agreeing not to take public shots at each other and then the very next week (while Bret wasn't in the building mind you) accused Bret on national TV of having an affair with Sunny when he was the one who was tapping her ass behind Chris Candido's back.

Walked out on his contract after getting his arse kicked by Bret to go to a WCW show.

Was publically seen many a time wearing NWO t-shirts.

Refused to put over any of the Hart Foundation and then refused to work with all of them.

Refused to put over Davey Boy Smith in the first UK only PPV which was a show designed to build the new European title and new PPV's around Davey. Oh and Smith had also dedicated the match to his sister who was dying from cancer.

Refused to put Steve Austin over at Wrestlemania 14 on the day of the show after the whole build was to make Austin the star of the company. It took the Undertaker taping up his wrists and putting the threats on Michaels for him to lose. And he still did it in the most unprofessional manner possible.

3 tag title reigns - didn't lose any of them in the ring (although one was for storyline purposes).

3 intercontinental titles - lose 1 in the ring and that was to his buddy Marty Jannetty. 1 of those was also due to set up Shane Douglas as a world title challenger when Michaels won the belt.

1 European title - fake lost it to his pal HHH after point blank refusing to put Owen Hart over for the belt which was due to set up a world title program.
That's all I can remember right now.

4 world titles - refused to lose 1.

MSG incident

With his clique buddies, other wrestlers have said he constantly picked on lower card talent and cost certain guys their jobs - Bushwhackers, Chris Candido and the Harris twins to start with.

Oh and Montreal.

Shawn didn't fake his knee injury.

Fuck off. Pull your head out your arse dude. How come he claimed it was career ending and then was hoping around on that same knee a month later at Wrestlemania? Why did Dr. James Andrews say on Raw 4 days after Michaels made the announcement that the knee injury wasn't serious. Why hasn't there been any signs of reinjury of that same knee in 10 years?

Jura
01-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Add me to the list of people who have heat with Michaels. Look at this interview with the Undertaker and what he says about Shawn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R39ztUO_040

ttetf
01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
"Why hasn't there been any signs of reinjury of that same knee in 10 years?"

The same can be asked about his back, considering he's still bumping and flying off turnbuckles and ladders. Hmmm.... :shifty:

Rob
01-25-2007, 08:57 AM
For what it's worth, I believe the back injury.

M-A-G
01-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks like Rob doesn't have a short memory either. ;)

M-A-G
01-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Although come on, were any of those REALLY that bad? :shifty:

Rob
01-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Although come on, were any of those REALLY that bad? :shifty:

Nah he was a total pro.

His buddy Triple H also thought so when 2 weeks before Wrestlemania 17, Michaels was meant to come in and shoot stuff to build for a match at that show between the two. Only he took a bunch of pills, passed out backstage and was sent home. Hunter then didn't speak to him for over a year.

James Steele
01-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Ironic when you tell me to pull my head out of my ass, when your head is up Bret Hart's ass to the point that you obsess over proving what a prick Shawn Michaels was just so everybody will go "Poor Bret".

Rob
01-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Ironic when you tell me to pull my head out of my ass, when your head is up Bret Hart's ass to the point that you obsess over proving what a prick Shawn Michaels was just so everybody will go "Poor Bret".

Yeah that's my reason for it.

What a fucking idiot.

James Steele
01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
The whole story about Undertaker wrapping his fists is a bullshit story too. I just don't understand why you always have to paint Shawn Michaels as Satan himself. If anybody says anything negative about Bret Hart, you tell them to pull their head out of there arse and rant about how Shawn Michaels was a prick.

Rob
01-25-2007, 06:20 PM
The whole story about Undertaker wrapping his fists is a bullshit story too. I just don't understand why you always have to paint Shawn Michaels as Satan himself. If anybody says anything negative about Bret Hart, you tell them to pull their head out of there arse and rant about how Shawn Michaels was a prick.

How do you know the Taker story is bullshit?

If anyone said anything negative about Bret Hart or anyone else that was true then I'd agree. As for Shawn Michaels being a prick, yeah he was. He admits he was. Triple H admits he was. Everyone he knew him then says he was. The key word though is "was". Look it up. Not in the Shawn Michaels Playgirl issue either.

Rob
01-25-2007, 06:27 PM
And while we are doubting each others comments - why is it that you think Shawn's knee injury was legit? Especially since just about everyone else thinks it was a load a shite and has legit points to back it up.

James Steele
01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
He's had several knee problems since his return in 2002. He just worked through them (unless of course this is just a lie because its Shawn Michaels we are talking about). Everybody is going off what they heard on the internet which is about as legit as a drug dealer running a rehab program. I'll believe Shawn Michaels' word before bitter internet fans and a bitter wrestler who still aren't over 1997.

Rob
01-25-2007, 07:00 PM
He's had several knee problems since his return in 2002. He just worked through them (unless of course this is just a lie because its Shawn Michaels we are talking about). Everybody is going off what they heard on the internet which is about as legit as a drug dealer running a rehab program. I'll believe Shawn Michaels' word before bitter internet fans and a bitter wrestler who still aren't over 1997.

*insert fake Tito Ortiz laugh* :rofl:

On his own shoot interview with RF video, he admitted the knee injury ended up being nothing.

Rob
01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Kurt Angle was also burying your boy toy on Bubba's show this morning. Just thought you might wanna email him saying how you don't believe him either and call him bitter.

Oh and I just watched an old clip of HHH on Off The Record with Michael Landsberg where he called Shawn Michaels a prick before turning to his Christian ways. Don't forget to email him too.

James Steele
01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
*insert fake Tito Ortiz laugh* :rofl:

On his own shoot interview with RF video, he admitted the knee injury ended up being nothing.

Eh., I am going off of information that was in his book not some half-ass video to make some money 7 years ago.

James Steele
01-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I never said HBK wasn't ever a prick.

Rob
01-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Eh., I am going off of information that was in his book not some half-ass video to make some money 7 years ago.

You are a lost cause. More lies in that book than I care to remember.

I'm done arguing with people who were 7 years old when this all went down anyway.

James Steele
01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Good. I win via submission!

You are so biased against Shawn Michaels and biased for Bret Hart it is impossible to have an argument with you over anything to do with HBK or Bret Hart.

addy2hotty
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Rob, where do you get all this info, or is it just a case of remembering it over the years?

I'm genuinely interested in what Michaels got up to back in those days.

Champion of Europa
01-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Kurt Angle was also burying your boy toy on Bubba's show this morning. Just thought you might wanna email him saying how you don't believe him either and call him bitter.

Oh and I just watched an old clip of HHH on Off The Record with Michael Landsberg where he called Shawn Michaels a prick before turning to his Christian ways. Don't forget to email him too.

What did Kurt Angle say about Shawn today?

Rob
01-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Rob, where do you get all this info, or is it just a case of remembering it over the years?

I'm genuinely interested in what Michaels got up to back in those days.

Remember most of it but nearly all of the info is available in most places. Shoot interviews, TV interviews, books (not autobiographies since all but Mick Foley's do nothing but put over the author), Wrestling Observer, Powerslam magazine (when it was good) are a few good places.

When it comes to stories from one person, you have to remember that is one side of the story. However, when 20 other people start saying the same thing... you know where I'm going with this.

What did Kurt Angle say about Shawn today?

Buried him for not being a team player by going to Smackdown when Batista got hurt and vacated the World title. Angle found out he was second choice and was also pissed that he had not long left Smackdown (he and Benoit have swapped as much as anyone) and Michaels had never done anything on Smackdown. He felt he did as much as he could there and needed fresh opponents and Michaels going over would have given him fresh opponents.

addy2hotty
01-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I'll check them out Rob, thanks.

As for Angle's comments. Got to agree, it would have been pretty good with HBK on SD.

Rob
01-25-2007, 08:15 PM
There is a book called Sex, Lies and Headlocks which is pretty good. Don't remember how much it has about Shawn Michaels but most of the info in it about everything is quite accurate.

Brian Fritz' "Between The Ropes" book is very good too.

mrslackalack
01-25-2007, 10:22 PM

I believe Austin said in his book that the story was true.

Zen v.W.o.
01-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Plus Taker admitted to it on live national tv up here, and Taker isnt exactly known to be a bullshitter.

Lots of wrestlers have claimed HBK was a royal pain in the asshole.

McLegend
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
HBk first match back after the leg injury was like his greatest performance ever in the the tag match with him and Austin vs Davey and Owen.

It is kinda hard to believe that after such a serious injury he was that good right away.

Jura
01-26-2007, 12:59 AM
HBk first match back after the leg injury was like his greatest performance ever in the the tag match with him and Austin vs Davey and Owen.

It is kinda hard to believe that after such a serious injury he was that good right away.
I just saw that match recently. He looked so quick and was all over the ring.

M-A-G
01-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Kurt should be happy he got a job out of HBK which is more than what most people have ever gotten. Not defending Michaels' actions though.

NeanderCarl
01-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Can't be arsed quoting all these posts, but here's my 2 cents...

The Michaels knee injury in 1997 was legit. However, he had been working through the injury for a long time and it was nowhere near "career threatening". He conveniently decided he could no longer work through it when he found out he was due to put Bret over for the gold at WrestleMania 13. It was a load of bullshit, but he was actually hurt.

The back injury is 100% legit, the guy had a near five hour operation in January 1999 and was genuinely advised never to wrestle again.

I've heard the story about The Undertaker threatening HBK at WM14 loads of times from various different sources. Apparently, Michaels wanted to put the title on Helmsly on the next night's Raw, which was laughable at the time because Helmsly was NOWHERE near World title material at the time.

It was apparently Vince McMahon's idea to put the European title on Shawn Michaels in England to build a "revenge" PPV for the following April, in which Davey Boy Smith would regain the belt. To me, that's a sound booking plan, so it's probably true. (Then again, this is Vince we're talking about...) Unfortunately the April PPV fell through due to problems with Sky TV, Michaels was injured by then and Davey Boy had quit in the fall-out from the Montreal incident, so it never came to pass.

As for Kurt Angle, that guy has gone completely barmy. I wouldn't believe a word he says nowadays.

Savio
01-27-2007, 12:59 PM
There is a book called Sex, Lies and Headlocks which is pretty good. Don't remember how much it has about Shawn Michaels but most of the info in it about everything is quite accurate.I disagree, they said WM3 was andres last match and it was totally not.

Flair Wooo
01-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Rob is the man ppl. listen to the guy.

Heyman
02-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Rob is the man ppl. listen to the guy.

LOL. Rob is a COMPLETE wack-job with severe emotional issues....and in no way am I knocking Rob's wrestling knowledge. The guy knows his stuff. Most of what he said about HBK in this thread is true (Rob keeps in constant contact with Dave Meltzer and Percy Pringle via AIM, MSN Messenger, Cell Phone, etc. and always has the "inside scoop").

If someone was pissed off at Dave Meltzer and wanted to kick him in the nuts, they might find it difficult to do since Rob Harvey's face would be in the way.

The truly hilarious thing here, is that Rob is probably ANGRIER at HBK then Bret himself! :lol:

I love how Rob lives so vicariously through Bret Hart, Lennox Lewis, and now Chuck Liddell if I'm not mistaken. God forbid, if ANYONE criticises any of these guys.

M-A-G
02-11-2007, 03:23 AM
That's his right even if you're wrong.

Heyman
02-11-2007, 10:55 PM
That's his right even if you're wrong.
What does that comment even mean? "His right" (LOL). Hey - If Rob wants to be a grudge carrying doofus like Bret Hart, then by all means go for it.

Just for the record - I actually DID used to be a Bret Hart fan. I actually DID feel bad for Bret when he got screwed in Montreal.

My biggest beef with Bret however, is that...

a) He NEVER let go of Montreal and still holds a grudge to this day
b) He chose to go down to HBK and Vince's level instead of rising above it

Whether people want to admit it or not, Bret JUMPS at the chance to talk about the Montreal Screwjob and how he dislikes Shawn Michaels, etc. Instead of taking the high road and saying, "You know what guys....it was a long time ago....lets move on", he continues to discuss it again and again.

Bret ALWAYS gets his feathers ruffled when idiots like HBK and Flair take "pot shots" at him (i.e. "Bret never drew a dime!" "Bret was a very very good wrestler but not a great one!"). He constantly goes DOWN to their level and proves that he's NO BETTER than them by taking pot-shots himself.

On top of that, do you notice how most of the "Bret sympathizers" on Tpww have the "victim" mentality themselves? (i.e. Rob Harvey).

Rob Harvey fits the EXACT description of a prototypical Bret Hart fan (i.e. wallowing in self-pity, grudge carrying, etc.).

Here's some advice for BOTH Rob Harvey and Bret. Stop whining and take action. Stop acting like a "victim" and take responsibility for yourselves. You aren't happy with your situation in life? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The day Bret Hart ceases to talk about the Montreal situation (whether he brings it up or not), is that day that Bret will have grown up. The day where Rob Harvey stops leaching off the nut sack of Dave Meltzer pretending that he's a somebody, is the day that HE grows up as well.

The MAC
02-12-2007, 02:34 PM
the wwe brings it up at every chance as well, they make money of it, why shouldnt Bret? It is STILL the thing people are most curious about when it comes to him. Bret is giving what the public wants.

M-A-G
02-12-2007, 05:23 PM
What does that comment even mean? "His right" (LOL). Hey - If Rob wants to be a grudge carrying doofus like Bret Hart, then by all means go for it.

Just for the record - I actually DID used to be a Bret Hart fan. I actually DID feel bad for Bret when he got screwed in Montreal.

My biggest beef with Bret however, is that...

a) He NEVER let go of Montreal and still holds a grudge to this day
b) He chose to go down to HBK and Vince's level instead of rising above it

Whether people want to admit it or not, Bret JUMPS at the chance to talk about the Montreal Screwjob and how he dislikes Shawn Michaels, etc. Instead of taking the high road and saying, "You know what guys....it was a long time ago....lets move on", he continues to discuss it again and again.

Bret ALWAYS gets his feathers ruffled when idiots like HBK and Flair take "pot shots" at him (i.e. "Bret never drew a dime!" "Bret was a very very good wrestler but not a great one!"). He constantly goes DOWN to their level and proves that he's NO BETTER than them by taking pot-shots himself.

On top of that, do you notice how most of the "Bret sympathizers" on Tpww have the "victim" mentality themselves? (i.e. Rob Harvey).

Rob Harvey fits the EXACT description of a prototypical Bret Hart fan (i.e. wallowing in self-pity, grudge carrying, etc.).

Here's some advice for BOTH Rob Harvey and Bret. Stop whining and take action. Stop acting like a "victim" and take responsibility for yourselves. You aren't happy with your situation in life? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The day Bret Hart ceases to talk about the Montreal situation (whether he brings it up or not), is that day that Bret will have grown up. The day where Rob Harvey stops leaching off the nut sack of Dave Meltzer pretending that he's a somebody, is the day that HE grows up as well.

He has the right to believe what he wants.

Bret has already stated several times that everything is fine with life now and doesn't want people worrying over him. Sitting in a wheelchair after a stroke kind of makes a person re-think about what's important. Bret didn't 'go down to HBK's level'; he had the right to decide what to do with the title and he had given Vince and co. another option to take the title off him after Survivor Series. Bret's lawyer had sent Vince and Co. a letter stating he'd do a job for Shawn. How is that sinking to Shawn's level? Why does Shawn get off clean when he says, "My boss asked me to do something, so I did it" despite not doing sh*tloads of stuff his boss asked him to do and doing things his boss would never have wanted him to do? Bret only talks about Montreal because OTHER PEOPLE bring it up. People make it sound like he used to whine about it 24/7 and that you can't have a conversation with him about anything else. It's not about 'being no better' or 'sinking down' with simply defending yourself. Again, Bret gets turned into the bad guy for just responding. Could he stay silent? Sure. Is he wrong to defend himself? No. It's called 'the other side of the story'. The only thing Rob has done is speak the truth that is the most accurate to his knowledge. THAT'S IT! It's not so much that he's trying to make a case against Shawn and elevate Bret to martyr-like status. It's just how things are. In other words, if he had come in here and spouted off a bunch of dirty things about Bret and pointed out Shawn's good qualities, would anyone have said anything?

The MAC
02-12-2007, 11:56 PM
well said Mag! Bret hart is paid to do interviews about wrestling so he cant go "i dont wanna talk about that" when its what they fucking paid him to talk about. Bret took the highest road he could with Shawn..and Vince.

Jura
02-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Alex Wright approves.

http://users.1st.net/mandy/wright_sm.jpg

Rob
02-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Three quick things.

1 - I argue/debate subjects I feel I know enough about. You don't hear me talking about rugby, conflicts in the middle east, the boston tea party or whatever because I don't know enough about them to have a valid opinion.

2 - Why would someone serious give a fuck about what I say online? I'm nobody special. Just a bloke who posts on a wrestling message board. There are millions of us. Big deal. Personal attacks from somebody who knows nothing about me personally other than my real name and my sporting interests don't bother me in the slightest anymore. And I tried to make peace with this dude a while back and he wouldn't even give me an MSN convo so whatever.

3 - I don't hate Shawn Michaels. I don't know him to hate him. And over the last 5 years, I'll sing his praises along with anyone else because his talent, not his ego has done all the talking.