PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Society X - The First Episode *spoilers...if anyone gives a damn*

Blitz
01-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Test?

What Would Kevin Do?
01-28-2007, 03:20 AM
?

What Would Kevin Do?
01-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Enjoyable.

Not great.

Better than WWE.

Just saying...

Drunk

Jeritron
01-28-2007, 03:24 AM
The thread fucked up and posted twice, as well as not showing the first post. If a mod can delete them, I'll start a new one or else just scrap it. No big deal.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Huh? WTF are yoiu going on about:

Xero
01-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Worst nationally televised promotion ever. The wrestling's bad enough, add on the horrible effects and the way it's presented (there's a way a wrestling show should be presented in camera style and everything, and this isn't it) it's just horrible. Got to love the clearly visible marks on the ring for setting up the high spots.

I'd rather rent a CZW DVD from Nick Mondo.

diothoir
01-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Anyone know is this is going to be shown in the UK?

I want to see this trainwreck.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Worst nationally televised promotion ever. The wrestling's bad enough, add on the horrible effects and the way it's presented (there's a way a wrestling show should be presented in camera style and everything, and this isn't it) it's just horrible. Got to love the clearly visible marks on the ring for setting up the high spots.

I'd rather rent a CZW DVD from Nick Mondo.
And since "normal'" wrestling is so popular these days...

I hope it does well.

Xero
01-28-2007, 09:56 AM
What does popularity have to do with it?

"Wrestling" isn't popular these days period.

Testicle
01-28-2007, 10:02 AM
I thought it was terrible. The commentators were unbearable. Most of the spots were retarded, that electic thing was stupid as fuck.

The only good part was the New Jack elbow. If New Jack is jumping off stuff, I'm going to watch.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-28-2007, 10:11 AM

And if this makes it popular again, I'm all for it. Spot infested or not, if it helps the business, cool.

BTW, just for the record, the battle royal was horrible and sucked balls. I'm mainly talking about the Sydal/Evans match. Spotty as hell, but entertaining to watch. If they keep a nice flood of Indy guys on my tv, I'm for it. I'm so sick of the shitty ass product WWE and TNA puts out, I'll watch it just for the nice cool/flashy moves. Then I'll just stick to ROH/Puroresu for my "good" wrestlings needs, and I'm set.

Jeritron
01-28-2007, 11:25 AM
It's not going to help the business, because its a compilation of everything thats a laughing stock about wrestling turned up x10. Plus the spotfests cheapen things, especially when you're throwing electrecution and piranah tanks into the fray. Some people will watch it just because its on MTV, just like most shows. But its going to be laughable and play up the stereotype of how much of a joke wrestling is.
Not to mention they called Xpac "a 6 time WWE and WCW Champion".

Xero
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
And it's bad enough that they use the explosions, but they add post-production effects for fuck's sake.

Jeritron
01-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I know, theres no words to really describe how absurd it really is. In addition to the post production, whats with the camera work? The eratic camera cuts and movements are enough to make you dizzy.
WSX - NOT Reccomended for people with epilepsy

Xero
01-28-2007, 11:38 AM
And as I said in the other thread, they add the crowd reaction shots like it was the big fight scene in a Rocky movie.

Arnold HamNegger
01-28-2007, 01:57 PM

You know, I was at Firestone yesterday getting my tire fixed and flipping through the TV channels in the waiting room. I found last Monday's RAW on one of the Spanish/Telemundo channels. I was the only one in there for a while, but then some guy about my age came in and sat down. Immediately he started laughing once he looked at the TV and said "This shit is so fake."

I immediately picked up a magazine and changed the channel to golf. :nono:

KingofOldSchool
01-28-2007, 06:40 PM
WSX needs more electric eel, rusty nail, flesh eating ants, tub full of battery acid, loser has sex with Nicole Bass in a steel cage lit on fire matches.

Xero
01-28-2007, 06:44 PM
And "AIDS Syringe on a Pole" matches. Ratings right there.

KingofOldSchool
01-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I heard they are bring in the cast of the Real World for a "Free STD Test on a Pole" match next month.

Xero
01-28-2007, 06:49 PM
God knows they need it...

Corkscrewed
01-28-2007, 07:04 PM
lol, this kinda sounds like that old show WMAC Masters (anyone remember that? It was on FOX on Saturdays after the cartoons), which was like pro wrestling but with martial arts. It was made to look real, with rankings and things like that, but then in the second season, they said "fuck it" and got rid of the host (Sharon Lee, always introduced as "daughter of Bruce Lee," lol), and totally went soap opera with it, even with the camera work and editing style. :lol:

FourFifty
01-28-2007, 07:14 PM
If New Jack is jumping into traffic, I'm going to watch.

FourFifty
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
lol, this kinda sounds like that old show WMAC Masters (anyone remember that? It was on FOX on Saturdays after the cartoons), which was like pro wrestling but with martial arts. It was made to look real, with rankings and things like that, but then in the second season, they said "fuck it" and got rid of the host (Sharon Lee, always introduced as "daughter of Bruce Lee," lol), and totally went soap opera with it, even with the camera work and editing style. :lol:

Oh Good God, I thought no one else knew about that.

Skippord
01-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Vampiro is the only good part

What Would Kevin Do?
01-28-2007, 09:32 PM
It's not going to help the business, because its a compilation of everything thats a laughing stock about wrestling turned up x10. Plus the spotfests cheapen things, especially when you're throwing electrecution and piranah tanks into the fray. Some people will watch it just because its on MTV, just like most shows. But its going to be laughable and play up the stereotype of how much of a joke wrestling is.
Not to mention they called Xpac "a 6 time WWE and WCW Champion".

To most, wrestling is already a laughing stock. The difference is, while it's still a laughing stock, WSX may be different enough to at least attract other people, because it's entertaining, as opposed to what WWE puts out.

Crimson
01-28-2007, 09:47 PM
The ring announcer is annoying as hell. That Valentine chick is hot.

Skippord
01-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I want that ring announcer to die

Blitz
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
WMAC Masters was amazing.

Blitz
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
"Red Dragon" Chris Cassamasa.

Gone Mad
01-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Missed the premiere, so I can't wait to see how bad this is for myself.

And Corks, I used to watch that WMAC Masters shit too. Ugh, it was so bad, but wrestling wasn't on so I had to get my mindless action fix SOMEWHERE. Didn't they have to hit certain body parts to win matches or something? Stupid.

Corkscrewed
01-29-2007, 01:59 AM
I think it was just hits in general. The regular matches (with the putties... I mean random ninjas) were the ones where you only had like five allowable touches. If you got hit by the ninjas, you lost one. Then they'd split off, and the two guys would fight each other, and if one had already gotten hit a few times, he'd be at a disadvantage.

Don't remember the rules the cage. Oh wait, I do! It was whoever got knocked into the cage more after the time limit lost. So basically, you couldn't touch the cage.

Scary I remember all this, eh? Actually, I apparently have an eeriely good memory when it comes to aspects of my childhood.

Like that one storyline where the Native America guy pissed off his best friend Tiger Claw because he used this one move that both of them swore never to use against each other (jumping double clamp kick where you jump up, kinda do the splits in midair as you go up, then bring your feet together and kick the guy on both sides of his head). So then they flashed back
to the two guys' past and how it happened. Then they made up a couple of episodes later, to teach kids the value of friendship.

Of course, the next season, they had that absurd story arc about some rival dark ninja clan trying to steal that WMAC Star trophy thingy, and in the last episode, they actually did and replaced it with some bloody red dragon thingy. And then Tsunami stumbled upon the Ninja who stole it and it was a TO BE CONTINUED....

But the series go cancelled.

Maybe we should just hi-jack this thread and turn it into a WMAC masters thread. :lol: :lol:

Corkscrewed
01-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Oly crap, I just did a Google search and that thing apparently came out in 1995. Meaning half my lifetime ago, literally.

EDIT: Wow, relatively in depth Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMAC_Masters

Blitz
01-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Tsunami was allied with Tracer and Warlock in stealing the Dragon Star.

Trivia: Hien Nguyen (AKA Tsunami) played a putty patrol on Might Morphin' Power Rangers.

Blitz
01-29-2007, 02:26 AM
BTW wrote that before I looked at the wikipedia article :mad:

Gone Mad
01-29-2007, 02:32 AM
lol a third-rate crappy wrestling fed thread just got turned into a third-rate Mortal Kombat-done-by-Power-Ranger-actors piece of crap show thread.

In other words, WSX sucked THAT much, though the similarities to both now seem endless.

Corkscrewed
01-29-2007, 03:04 AM
^^^ Hmph, you know, that never actually occurred to me until like just now. Weird. I remember thinking Tsunami had merely stumbled upon the Dragon Star, not actually stolen it. Actually, I think that whole sequence confused me as a kid with all of its absurdity.

^ Yup, basically, that was my intention in derailing this thread. :D

Blitz
01-29-2007, 03:06 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/499/masters2ff4.jpg

Hakim "The Machine" Alston

Blitz
01-29-2007, 03:14 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2715/masters1hq4.jpg

Clockwise from left: Herb "Olympus" Perez, Hakim "The Machine" Alston, Johnny Lee "Tiger Claw" Smith, Jamie "Great Wolf" Webster, Ho Sung "Superstar" Pak.

Corkscrewed
01-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Superstar was awesome. Probably because he was the original Liu Kang. :D

Blitz
01-29-2007, 03:54 AM
I was a Red Dragon mark. Yin Yang Man was pretty cool as well.

So was Kid Carmichael, but I don't think he ever won :'(

Corkscrewed
01-29-2007, 04:02 AM
I don't even remember who he is. I can't picture him.

Chris Casamassa was in the Mortal Kombat TV series too. :D

Blitz
01-29-2007, 04:06 AM
Yeah he played Scorpion in the first Mortal Kombat movie as well :love:

Corkscrewed
01-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Serious? I LOVE SCORPION!! He was always my favorite character in the MK games.

GET OVER HERE!!! *UPPERCUT + TELEPORT PUNCH COMBO*

Eat that Sub Zero!

Blitz
01-29-2007, 04:50 AM
ROFL OK I actually watched WSX, and I gotta say, it was well worth the download for the comedy value alone. From the horrible commentary to incredibly overenthusiastic ring announcer to the blatant piping in of crowd noise to the hilariously overdone "weapons", this was horrible in a very good way.

Blitz
01-29-2007, 04:54 AM
If they could get the WMAC Masters back and put them into WSX, that could possibly be the greatest show in the history of television.

tucsonspeed6
01-29-2007, 11:31 AM

I vaguely remember that show. I can't remember if I liked it or not, but I was a kid and it was on TV on saturday, so of course I watched it either way.

Jordan
01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
WSX is Americas first national garbage fed, it had to be done.