PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to the middle and lower card? lol Seems WWE forgot about it.

PullMyFinger
01-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I think this is the first Royal Rumble which had no mid-card or lower-card.

It was just 1 tag match, ECW title match, SD title match, Raw title match, followed by the Rumble.

What an absolute uber-shite card. The only chance WWE has to ever be good again is to kill off the brands except Raw. That's causing all the screw ups if you ask me.

Honestly, I find it pathetic that now PPVs feature only 5 matches generally, and most of the mid-card gets booted out cuz "well we got all these heavyweight title matches."

Seems like Wrestlemania is their only credible PPV every year and even that has gone downhill.

Jeritron
01-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Yea its a big mess. They certainly lack a solid midcard or a cohesive show on any brand. Its liek theres the 1 or 2 big storylines, then theres maybe 1 midcard fued, and the rest is just filler. Plus the shows overall feel so divided. In days of old, the show felt so united. Its hard to describe it, but its because of this.
A fued like Hardy/Nitro was good, and was great for the IC title and midcard, but then they prematurely turned it into a split brand clusterfuck with Matt Hardy and Mercury in the mix. Now they've all fought eachother, they've fought at multiple PPVs and the fued is more than stale.

Xero
01-29-2007, 04:41 PM
This is why combining the rosters won't work. With everyone on the same roster, you'll have main event wrestlers OR main eventers filling midcard spots (Edge, Michaels, Taker, etc) and will be stuck with shows full of the superstar matches/promos and one "midcard" match (being bumped down to the "lowcard" match). There won't be any room to push anyone.

McLegend
01-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Well the Midcard and lower card is pretty terrible could be a reason why we usually don't see it on the big PPVS.

DS
01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't know, seems like they had 3 lower/middle card title matches to me.

tucsonspeed6
01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
They had to defend three major titles on the second biggest PPV of the year. If they put all the midcard feuds from each show in there, each match would have been a two minute squash. I could just hear the bitching now if that happened.

Morgan
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Put the RR aside because that kind of an anomaly,most of the mid and under card are in the rumble itself, and like Tucson said- three brands/three titles are being defended.

It used to be that there were stories and things happening from top to bottom of the card. Fair enough you could ask what interest someone would have in Conway Vs Viscera or something along those lines. Then again wasn't the point of the extension to make room for more people in the first place?

For example that RAW 3 hour special a little while back where they had guys in about three matches to fill the time. Which seems pretty pathetic really.

Kane Knight
01-29-2007, 07:02 PM
The entire card is a midcard. Stop beating a dead hrose.