PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have Taker face at Mania?

SammyG
01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Give a reason also, the board seems to be kinda split on this.

Xero
01-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Cena/Undertaker because Batista sucks. It would be Sid/Taker all over again.

Savio
01-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Lashey........jk tista

Xero
01-29-2007, 11:22 PM
(Spoiler)

LOL, I bet they're going to have Taker come out like he did on RAW on ECW. Like there's any chance in hell he's going to pick ECW.

SammyG
01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
That will be the most rofl thing ever. After Lashley beats whoever in the ring, GONG

mike627
01-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Hum,Cena or Batista damn these choices blow! :(

Lock Jaw
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Taker/Lashley would be the matchup of the century.

Caged Heat18
01-29-2007, 11:32 PM
I would like to see him face Cena at Wrestlemania. They did have a pretty good matchup at Vengeance 2003, so that gives me a little hope they can perhaps duplicate that again.

SammyG
01-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I thought Cena was going to go over in that match.

mike627
01-29-2007, 11:38 PM
ok,I want a blunt answer from y'all,wolud you put it past Vince to want Taker to drop the streak to Cena?

Xero
01-29-2007, 11:40 PM
ok,I want a blunt answer from y'all,wolud you put it past Vince to want Taker to drop the streak to Cena?
no i woludnt put it passed Vince to drop the steak to Cena.

KingofOldSchool
01-29-2007, 11:41 PM
MMMMM steak

Hornicane
01-29-2007, 11:43 PM
My first thought was that Taker's gonna win Cena's title and retire. But Vince is known for his douche-baggery, so I could see him wanting Cena to go over.

The Naitch
01-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I'd like to see Cena vs Taker

If Cena is gonna end Taker's streak, it would make more sense if he did it heel_style

But then again, how many times did they have the rumble winner lose at Mania?

I'm guessing they will do Cena vs Michaels though. Not that excited about it

it can go so many ways right now, which is a good thing. Seems less predictable atleast

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Cena, just so Cena is taken out of the title scene for a bit.

Corkscrewed
01-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Coulda sworn I made a nearly identical poll...

El Fangel
01-30-2007, 01:35 AM
Batista, otherwise you are SURE his streak is ending.

parkmania
01-31-2007, 10:17 AM
I'd really like to see Taker challenge BOTH of em. Triple threat match. Two pinfalls. Winner of the first fall gets choice of belts. Taker could retire as Undisputed Champ that way.

Xero
01-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Batista, otherwise you are SURE his streak is ending.
I'm pretty sure his streak his ending anyway. :nono:

If I hate to choose one of the two to end it, Cena is it.

Djscorpion
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Cena vs. Undertaker could be a more interesting match than Batista vs Undertaker. Undertaker would also be bringing more star power over to RAW which it needs now with the absence of Triple H....

Djscorpion
01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
the SD! main event should be Chris Benoit versus Batista...time to get Benoit back in the main event scene

Pardeep 619
01-31-2007, 11:54 AM
I'd rather have Taker face Batista, considering this match has never been done before.

Jeritron
01-31-2007, 12:29 PM
I'd love to see Benoit get a title match, but with all the ideas floating around I'm sure its just about out of the question.

Stickman
01-31-2007, 12:50 PM
John Cena. Nobody cares about Smackdown or ECW.

Kane Knight
01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Basically, this is like asking if I want my balls impaled or stepped on.

So here's how I broke it down.

Batista reportedly has little passion for the whole wrestling thing. He's okay as long as his ego's stroked, but he's not happy being on the B-Show that seems to be good enough for the likes of the Undertaker.

John Cena, while he's a douchebag and I don't want to see him as champion, seems to love the business, and the one thing I can't fault him for is trying. He's ass in the ring, but he's 100% ass, as opposed to like 50% of Bats.

As such, if I have to pick, the lesser of two evils is Cena. If Batista breaks Taker's streak, it looks awful, and I doubt it would give him much momentum. Losing that match would do little, either.

I can see some investment in WWE's future whether it's Cena over Taker or Taker over Cena. Though Taker winning might simply be the prelude to a crapfest, it could also be the end of his reign, and at least that's a positive.

I'd rather see Taker v Edge, Champion and "streak v streak" on the line (Edge is still undefeated at Mania, right?). But Cena has the history, Cenna has passion, and Dancin' Dave's a Douche.

Mr. Nerfect
01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
I have absolutely no interest in Batista vs. The Undertaker, just because I know the match will ab atrocious. John Cena actually has a better streak going than Batista, plus he's younger, and will be around for longer. If the WWE plays their cards right, they can turn John Cena into the next "Phenom" at WrestleMania.

It may be a bad business, but I still dislike Cena, and seeing The Undertaker give him a Tombstone at WrestleMania to put the Champ down would be a lot of fun for me. Give him a little program over the WWE Championship with Edge before he loses it. Cena can then chase the Rated R Superstar.

How's this for a (somewhat) realistic WrestleMania idea? John Cena and Shawn Michaels defeat Batista & The Undertaker at No Way Out. You might as well go and make the match for the World Tag Team Titles, just to make them mean something, and maybe add even a little more interest. Shawn Michaels gets the Sweet Chin Music on Batista for the pin.

The Undertaker chooses to face John Cena at WrestleMania, but Batista is without an opponent for WrestleMania. Cue Shawn Michaels, who makes the jump to SmackDown! in exchange for a WrestleMania title shot. You can even introduce Paul London & Brian Kendrick as HBK's pupils, and have Batista throw them around a bit leading into the PPV to build heat.

Batista vs. Shawn Michaels is a World Heavyweight Title match that actually somewhat interests me. I hate to admit it, but there is some spark to the premise of a John Cena vs. Undertaker match, as well.

Jeritron
01-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Shawn Michales and Batista, and Taker/Cena were fueding at the end of 03. But seriously, I like your ideas. Then you completely lost me and reality with L&K. Other than that, good stuff.

The One
01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
Cena. Taker's last run should be with THE WWE Title. Plus it takes it off Cena. Also I would really like to see Michaels gets pissed that Taker came to RAW, and he jumps to SmackDown as a heel that is just tired of being thought of as the old run down Michaels, when he has for years continued to prove himself as the showstopper. Tista wins, Michaels goes crazy. Have Punk jump to SmackDown some time after Mania, and get Punk/Benoit/Michaels in a three way fued that lasts for a year. I would die a happy wrestling fan seeing a good long running Punk/Benoit/Michaels fued...no titles needed.

Destor
01-31-2007, 08:57 PM
I'd rather see Cena Batista because I personally feel it would be the better (and a good) match. But I'm betting on Taker/Batista.

the Illusionist
01-31-2007, 10:34 PM
can't HBK be an option? or a triple threat, maybe?

Jeritron
01-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Cena, Batista, HBK, Edge, Orton, Undertaker.

Divide them up into 2 combinations of some sort, have a field day.

It's gonna come down to Batista vs Taker, and one or a combination of those 3 against Cena.

El Fangel
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
If Cena took his streak I would never ever watch any WWE wrestling ever again, they took the person I mark (calaway) out for the most, and have his record smashed by the one I despise the most.

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Cena. Taker's last run should be with THE WWE Title. Plus it takes it off Cena. Also I would really like to see Michaels gets pissed that Taker came to RAW, and he jumps to SmackDown as a heel that is just tired of being thought of as the old run down Michaels, when he has for years continued to prove himself as the showstopper. Tista wins, Michaels goes crazy. Have Punk jump to SmackDown some time after Mania, and get Punk/Benoit/Michaels in a three way fued that lasts for a year. I would die a happy wrestling fan seeing a good long running Punk/Benoit/Michaels fued...no titles needed.

I think five runs with the WWE Championship is a great way for The Undertaker to leave with, too. It ties him with Bret Hart and Triple H, and Taker is arguably on that level. I'd actually be somewhat interested (albeit very, very slightly) in the prospect of a Cena vs. Taker match, especially in the RAW setting.

94 SVT Cobra
02-01-2007, 04:33 AM
If this is how they end takers streak, ill be kinda pissed

Impeccable
02-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Cena, Batista, HBK, Edge, Orton, Undertaker

Elimination chamber for unification of the titles and end of the brand split?

I can dream, can't I!

Con man
02-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Cena/Undertaker could be a good match, Batista is terrible. I would probably have Taker go over at Mania though.

tucsonspeed6
02-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Who would you rather have Taker face at Mania?

The exit if at all possible.